NBC not moving forward with 'Mockingbird Lane'
December 28th, 2012

NBC not moving forward with 'Mockingbird Lane'

Two months after more than 500 CNN.com commenters weighed in on the premiere of NBC’s “Mockingbird Lane,” and we’ve finally learned the fate of the “Munsters” reboot.

The series, which reportedly cost $10 million to produce, is officially dead, according to executive producer Bryan Fuller.

“I tweet with a heavy heart,” he wrote. “NBC not moving forward with #MockingbirdLane. From producers and cast, thank you all for enthusiasm and support.”

The show was directed by Bryan Singer (“X-Men”) and written by Fuller, who's known for helming dark series like “Pushing Daisies” and “Dead Like Me.”

Fuller is currently working on his upcoming “Hannibal” series starring Hugh Dancy.

Filed under: television

1. with youuuuuuuuuuuu i can feel again....

great video man.

January 7, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. nbc....

this show is weird

January 7, 2013 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. oh man..

i love the show its funny.

January 7, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cooky4002

Three things
    1.) Mockingbird Lane was awesome! If NBC didn't like it it don't mean other Channels don't like.
    2.) Anyone who plays Minecraft know Vents75?
    3.) BRING BACK MOCKINGBIRD LANE! DON'T HAVE TO BE ON nbc IT CAN BE ON DISNEY OR NICKTOONS AT NIGHT OR ANOTHER CHANNEL THAT LIKES! IF YOU HATE MOCKINGBIRDLANE...DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 7, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. http://dice.novasolution.co.th/webboard/index.php?topic=50820.msg51642#msg51642

I抎 need to check with you here. Which is not one thing I often do! I get pleasure from reading a post that will make individuals think. Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!
    http://dice.novasolution.co.th/webboard/index.php?topic=50820.msg51642#msg51642 http://dice.novasolution.co.th/webboard/index.php?topic=50820.msg51642#msg51642

January 5, 2013 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  6. Menicy

This is the second time that NBC has made a great series but had to cancel it because it was too costly to maintain. Didn't they learn their lesson with that other TV show that they created with the EMT's? As long as they end the show nicely, so I can buy the series, that will be fine.

January 4, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. Kimber

I think it is a huge mistake to not go forward with this show. I thought it was genius! Something totally different & a little dark .... loved it! Greatly disappointed in NBC and that no one has the guts to pick this up! I watched the original Munsters series and thought that this was a great interpretation for "todays" viewers. I just happened to see it by mistake – hadn't heard it advertised & I just wonder if some advertisement might have helped it get better ratings.

January 3, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. T

It was a nice pilot but I agree w/ GonzoG.

But...more likely that the Sy-Fy channel will probably pick up on it, and do it the same way they picked up SLIDERS (from FOX) and ran it (a good show) into the ground after changing networks. No wonder Lloyd, Rys-Davies and eventually Jerry O'Connell jumped ship over the seasons on SLIDERS.

January 3, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. carrie

marilyn was so sad. glad its almost over.

January 2, 2013 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Robert Kent

It sucked. I couldn't stand to watch more than ten minutes of it. I want my time back.

January 2, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. marce55

I did not care for either the Munsters and the Addams Family, but Mockingbird Lane pilot was excellent. It is a reboot, only in the way that The Dark KNight is a reboot of Batman and Robin

January 2, 2013 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. GonzoG

It was cute, but basically a one off. It wouldn't have lasted 5 eps before it got old.

January 1, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. JohnC

Liked the pilot episode for production quality, but I have to admit that I did not care for the "darker" Grandpa, and Herman just was too normal. I grew up watching the original Munsters, and this reboot tried, but failed. Only thing I could have hoped for was for NBC to at least give the show 5-8 episodes to at least try to improve, but I cannot see how they can make a decision on just one episode. Most likely due to cost. 10 mil ?? subsequent episodes would probably run 4 mil each. Don't think the show would be THAT good.

January 1, 2013 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. chris casey

i think if they toned down the gore, a little to much for me, it might have had a chance.

December 31, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tyler

Um... you realize there is no such thing as Satan. He's similar to Santa.

December 31, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  16. Lesley Donley

I'm glad the network showed some taste. I was shocked by the show. It showed a complete lack of respect for life with blood and guts everywhere and then that crazy grandfather that was trying to rationalize killing perfectly innocent people so he could live. It was totally amoral and displayed poor judgement. I'm not a religious person, but that show was Satanic. It had no redeeming qualities at all.

December 30, 2012 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • satan

thats what made it great! Something different and new on TV. Not the same old crap. I thought this was going to be terrible but i actually loved. Of course i am Immoral. (not amoral as you wrote). So maybe that explains it.
      regards,
      Satan

December 31, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  17. be quiet

when will Hollywood decide to leave this franchise dead? reboots will never, ever work. stop trying!

December 30, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay Mace

You mean like the reboot of Hawaii 5-0 that is one of the top rated shows on television?

January 1, 2013 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  18. belinda

Of course they always drop a good show before it start I was so looking forward to this show

December 30, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Envydick

I actually like the show. Thought I wouldn't but me and my friends liked it. Sad to see it gone, NBC should give it a second chance or continually make specials of it.

December 30, 2012 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  20. Mike

I hope another network give's it a chance..

December 29, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • elblanco

You don't seem to know what canceled means...

December 29, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • keldorama

@elblanco – Stargate SG1 was dead on Showtime and resurrected to live a long life (including several spin-offs) on SciFi. It just means one network buying it from another. Maybe Mockingbird Lane belongs on HBO.

January 1, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Dorothy

Something finally worth watching and your pulling the plug before it even gets the chance to find a following? Worst shows have been given a chance but again money talks as usual. Here is an idea! Give it a chance if it fails take if off your taxes next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 29, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  22. there are 9 trillion other moms with brains

the first one sucked too....

December 28, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Mom with a brain

All of our family is highly upset this show was cancelled. We actually enjoyed it and watch it on on-demand a few times. We thought it was pretty cool and were just looking tonight to see if there was a second episode. I don't get why it was canceled. Seems to be when there are revisions of old shows, people get upset that it's not just like the first one, which it's not supposed to be. What a disappointment!!

December 28, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • who cares....

i used hot chili by mac today

December 28, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

Can't NBC put out an explanation as to why the show was cancelled?

December 28, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melissa Richardson

I am also upset that this is not going to be a series I really enjoyed the show and was looking forward to a season of Mockingbird Lane, I remember watching the Munsters as a kid and I would have loved to have seen this continue unlike all of these reality shows that are on TV today this would have been welcomed.

January 3, 2013 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  24. talk talk talk

all those hours of no sleep and computer work to get the show on the road...the show was not promoted properly and monitoring "people" when the person doesn't want to be unless its a georgeous hunk watching....will cause a damage in marketing push

December 28, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  25. its just a funny guys don't get offended.

lol

December 28, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Talk Talk Talk

end of first quarter-ratings will head further below expectations ... marketing advertisement will end soon. the show did not run well because of cause and effect.

December 28, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  27. There are not millions of viewers anymore...

the show needs to come up with another idea...blogs have decreased in the last 3 years, people are going back to marketing shows verbally. people bore easilyy...voting numbers are down. the show is good but unfortunately is not marketed well. thank you.

December 28, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  28. I. do

marilyn needs to make a marketing decision in order to remain in the show....this show will not market well and it will be cancelled soon. markets are down everything is down. i give the marilyn a few more months.

December 28, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. whateva

Really, who cares? Not i.

December 28, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Franka

i changed my mind i like the show....

December 28, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Marilyn-Millionaire Woman 2013

if i let my husband say good morning to someone he may leave me.

December 28, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  32. its steel ddont got we dod

dat to pees ha awff...joik

December 28, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. GRAMMAR POLICE

past bloggers have told you 288,247,249 times since august to leave us alone–this is suppose to be enjoyment

December 28, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Marketing Major Woman of The Year

grammar corrections are for school not for blogging...get lost

December 28, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  35. guys she's going the we were kidding route...

Marilyn go away

December 28, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Ted

I didn't like it. It didn't have Cap'n Kirk or Mr.Spock or Marshall Dillon on it.

December 28, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  37. where is our marketing millionaire

1313 mockingbird lane needs one for the show.

December 28, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  38. The old munster series minds their own business and did their acting jobs

the new munsters especially marilyn should be written off–she's a millionaire now.....she doesn't need health benefits, she doesn't need to work...marillyn has it all in the bag....good for you marilyn

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

December 28, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  39. next generation munsters suck.

the old munsters had class..

December 28, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  40. i could care less about 1313 mockingbird land

point is tell the marketing wizard to mind her own business before i remind her of hers

December 28, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  41. i love the old munsters...

the new munster script never keeps quiet..too many words and not enuff substance.

December 28, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Boo

It was a dumb idea to begin with.

December 28, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  43. i love the old munsters...

the new munster script never STFU

December 28, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  44. OUR MILLIONARE FEMALE BOUGHT HER HOUSE

FOR A BUCK-LORD-GET SOME AIR

December 28, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  45. one of the execs bought her home for a dollar from her parents.

right?

December 28, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  46. ALL THE FEMALE EXECS AT 1313 MOCKINGBIRD LANE

EVER HEAR THEM TALK ABOUT THEIR MILLIONS.....NEVER IN 30 YEARS...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

December 28, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  47. who cares

its a beautiful winter day outside!

December 28, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Sokman

I actually liked Mockingbird Lane... until I watched it

December 28, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Observer

This show was just way beyond stupid. Now to dump "Modern Family" and things will be looking up.

December 28, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • With Your Eyes Wide Shut

Yes, dump the best show on television with millions upon millions of viewers. Genius idea, brainiac.

December 28, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Prudu

Thanks God! That show was the WORST show EVER! PERIOD!!

December 28, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Oh, the melodrama of online commenters. "Worst show ever!" Really? Was this the worst show ever put on television? Of course it wasn't, drama queen. Yes, it was terrible, but nowhere close to the worst ever.

December 28, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • GonzoG

Worse that My Mother, The Car? C'mon.

Most reality shows land in the "Worst Ever" category for me.

January 1, 2013 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • sburns54

Hey, Gonzog! I liked "My Mother The Car"! I still sing the song in the shower! "A 1928 Porter, that's my mother dear! She helps me through everything I do, and I'm so glaaaad...she's here"!
      Well, I WAS 8 years old at the time...actually, I've never been able to get that song out of my head...

January 3, 2013 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |