Bethenny Frankel, husband Jason Hoppy split
December 24th, 2012

Bethenny Frankel, husband Jason Hoppy split

Reality star Bethenny Frankel and her husband Jason Hoppy are parting ways.

The couple, who would have been married for three years come March, have one daughter together.

“It brings me great sadness to say that Jason and I are separating,” Frankel said in a statement obtained by CNN. “This was an extremely difficult decision that as a woman and a mother, I have to accept as the best choice for our family. We have love and respect for one another and will continue to amicably co-parent our daughter who is and will always remain our first priority. This is an immensely painful and heartbreaking time for us.”

Skinnygirl founder Frankel previously shot down divorce rumors during the premiere of her “Bethenny” talk show in June.

“The truth is ... I'm in a good marriage,” she said at the time. “We have issues. We are not perfect. We work on it everyday. We're committed.”

« Previous entry
  1. WildeChantal

Simply a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding design and style. "He profits most who serves best." by Arthur F. Sheldon. WildeChantal http://bryskyemedia.tumblr.com

February 12, 2013 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  2. how does the martin them song go

oh yes....MARTIN!!! MARTIN!!! MARTIN!!!! LAWRENCE.....MARTIN!!!! MARTIN!!! MARTIN!!! LAWRENCE...

great song

January 22, 2013 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Timmy D

You mean it wasn't true love? I'm shocked...SHOCKED!

January 22, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Janice Harrison

If they cannot work it out, then it's better that they split up. No need to bring up that little girl in such an unhappy atmosphere. I hope Bethenny finds happiness somewhere. She's made a lot of money, but she's obviously still dealing with many demons from her past and I hope she can overcome those.

January 7, 2013 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. kikid26

It's a shame because I think a lot of people like both Bethenny and Jason, but obviously not together. I'm sure they both came in with preconceived notions about married life and life with a baby and quickly realized their expectations were out the window. Achieving the amount of success Bethenny has, and how so many things happened at once for her, I'm sure it was, and is, something difficult to deal with all at once. She also has no real family to speak of and Jason is close to his family, that can breed some anger and bitterness. I've had very similar life situations as Bethenny, baby, then marriage, loss of a parent, other one absent for life (minus the $100m buyout). My husband has loads of family that we live near and work with, meanwhile I have almost no family anymore. It is hard to be inundated with someone else's family when your parents are dead/absent. They both seem like good people, just not meant for each other. Hopefully they will both move on and find happiness in the future.

January 3, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. One can only feel bad for bethenny

to a point..then after awhile you just give up these type of people because they do not care about anybody.

December 27, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bad news

she's a heavy drinker

December 27, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cameron

She has aged so much in the last two years.

December 27, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Crr

She was so mean to hil. Hope she gives him his balls back

December 26, 2012 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. M

my married friends tell me this all the time.....its either going to work or it is not going to work. who i get advice from are not newly married people they are married 15, 18, 19, 22 years who say this. The divorced i speak to say we could not do this anymore....i'm single..i try to help couples in trouble hold it together... in the end the couple has to decide if they are going to make it or not.

i have to help my father make the octopus salad for xmas dinner. bye for now.

December 24, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Devitt

I hate to see anyone call it quits on their marriage, but chances are, when the wedding and daily life are the subjects of television shows, chances are, the divorce will be imminent. Need to keep those ratings up you know.

American women are sorely lacking these days.

December 24, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. right...

its up to the man too decide...if he doesn't feel he needs it then you can't force him. you really can't force men to do anything they have to want to do it.

December 24, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. why would a wife not allow her husband to hang out

with his own parents...i hear some of these dysfunctional married stories and it just boggles my mind. my uncles went to see my grandmother every other day before work, after work... why would you stop him..even at my age i truly still innocent at times.

December 24, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. H.R. Hudson

Whatever happened to marriage counseling??

December 24, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Herry69

just looking at her gets me weak in the knees. i bet she tastes really yummy !

December 24, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Bethenny will be fine...

Bethenny will find another man. Within 1 year she will have another. I can't do that i need time to heal. alot of women move on quickly.

December 24, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  17. maria

I notice that all those reality shows specially when is one couple ,ending in divorce or separation? Jessica Simpson,Carmen Electra,Real Housewives of Beverky Hills even one commit suicide, the other ended in drug rehabilitation,Housewives of Atlanta, divorce ,many of this shows bring relationships to ending ......money anf fame is not happinees indeed! bethany got rich after she sold the company ,but lonely!

December 24, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  18. Christine B

Angie, You are right. I guess I was focused on HER success as she was bullied and so was I and know what it is like to triumph after that. I take your comments to heart. IT DOES TAKE TWO!! Thanks for your insight. I just feel bad for both of them. You are very correct in pointing out that it would be better for Brn. Bethenny was just my idol and Jason did try to make a small town girl out of her, which he could not do and shouldn't have tried to force that upon her. Thanks for your re-direction. I think we all just care for her and it is hard after the fairytale beginning they shared together.

December 24, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  19. 20sandi12

If you have been raised in a disfunctional environment, it is extremely, extremely difficult every day to know what is healthy and normal. Jason, who was raised in a loving family, tried real hard to help Bethany recognize that what she thought she was seeing, was not actual. Can't blame the guy for wanting his own family to be as connected to relatives as he was – that's healthy for children. It is challenging to succeed out of your childhood, Bethany – but you don't have to/they don't want you to be their manager.

December 24, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  20. My mother was very close to in her laws

she went to see them everynight after work–her father in law loved her so much (nonno nj) –my mothers parents lived in brooklyn so my father would drive her every saturday and sunday mornings to see them.

i think my mothers in laws loved her more then their own son!....Good Holiday To Everyone!!! (truth)

December 24, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  21. Ron

I am not surprised. After they got married he changed completely.Started belittling her wanting to go to his parents home all the time. Nothing she did was right anymore. I was wondering if his dad was that way to his mom and he thought this is the way you treat someone you marry.

December 24, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • maria

Idon't think so, he was a great guy ,she is the one who changed ,the fame and fortune went straight to her brains! she never like her in laws she was telling the world his father was cheap that is not right ,his parents love the child indeed,I can see how she was with them not like them that much,her husband was a good guy...Bethenny changed indeed .

December 24, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  22. B. Smeeth

she'll be alright..she looks awful in this picture..

December 24, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  23. my boyfriend said its not a normal relationship

bye bye beth

December 24, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  24. home alone11

at least the finally guy woke up

December 24, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  25. Christine B.

Bethenny: I am probably your biggest fan. I have all your shows on tape or on DVR. Remember back when you were on the RHWNY? You and Ramona were walking and she said "you'll probably mess that one up with Jason too." I guess she saw into your life better than me, who for years have watched your every move and been so happy for you with all of your success. You were the Cinderella story for me. You were the under-dog that persevered and beat the odds. I don't understand how you (especially after having your particular parents) would ditch the most honest love you had with Jason. I held you in such high regard and told all of my friends and family about you. Can it be that you chose fame in LA over a genuine love with Jason? I hope not. As I have said, you are the "tops" for me. I'm in shock and can't understand why you would throw it all away. You only knew him and his parents and then your lovely Bryn as what a family is and was. I just don't understand how you could leave it behind. I intend on still following you, but am hurt as to why you chose this path. I have never seen such a brilliant huge ball of fire as you. You are wonderful to watch. I hurt for Bryn. What on earth could have possessed you to step out of the only real family unit you have ever known? Still a fan, but sad...Christine B, Topeka, KS

December 24, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Ron

Why should she get blamed? Why do people do that? Always blame the women. He knew what he was getting but she didn't since he was the one who changed and tried to boss her around all the time. Jason should have never gone to NY and met a NY girl and try to turn her into small town person. He should have stayed in that dead town of Hazleton Pa and found a girl back there. Instead he married her and suddenly wants to spend weekends with mom and dad and he constantly began to belittle her. That is not love for anyone to do that.

December 24, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Angie

Christine, It is interesting that you are pinning the entire separation on Bethenny. It take TWO people to make a relationship, not one. If you really watch all of her shows you would have seen in the last season of her show that Jason has MAJOR issues with her success. Her success emasculated him (in his mind), he talks about in a frank way during the last season. He feels a man should bring home more income than a woman and he couldn't deal with the fact that his wife was extremetly successful and that he didn't know what he wanted to do or pursue.. His ego couldn't handle it. She continuously encouraged him to follow his dreams, that she would support him and that they were in a position where he could do anything he wanted without worrying about the finances...but instead he couldn't let go of his own ego and his thinking that a man should be more successful than his wife. I'm sure she's a lot to handle. But if you can't be happy for your partner's success and are constantly jealous, angry and unhappy about it...well, that is no good for anyone to be around. Better for Bryn that they split than stay in an unhappy marriage always angry at each other.

December 24, 2012 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |