Notorious B.I.G. helped Jamie Foxx get in 'Django' character
December 20th, 2012

Notorious B.I.G. helped Jamie Foxx get in 'Django' character

There were some aspects of playing Django in Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" that Jamie Foxx could draw from his personal life - he's from Texas, for example, and he rode his own horse in the film.

But other times the actor relied on musical inspiration, and the Notorious B.I.G. in particular.

"I listened to a lot of Biggie Smalls. Whenever there was a time when I was getting ready for my scene, I would play 'Dead Wrong' or 'Somebody’s Gotta Die,' so there would be things like that that I would just use as fuel," Foxx told Vanity Fair. "I would also watch Denzel in 'Glory' or 'A Soldier’s Story' or watch Clint Eastwood, watch Wesley Snipes in 'New Jack City' - characters that affected me in the sense that I had to make sure Django was quiet."

Foxx, quite the musician himself, also contributed to the soundtrack with a Rick Ross collaboration called "100 Black Coffins," which moviegoers will also hear in the film.

"You can't deny the energies of Rick Ross and Quentin Tarantino," Foxx said. "I crafted the track to have the spirit of the old Western married with the newness of hip-hop."

Foxx is no stranger to the Western genre, and can name his favorite in a heartbeat.

"My favorite Western of all time has to be ‘Tombstone,'" he told CNN in a recent interview. "Because all of those lines in there were just absolutely amazing."

1. Mike H

I'm tired of Eric Bishop badmouthing Terrell, Texas!! Its not a racist town, in fact Eric(Foxx) needs to see a shrink, cause the only one I see thats a Racist is Jamie for saying all those lies, especially the ones he talked about on Oprah....Do you have proof? No...so quit Talking Trash Eric! I remember you as the quarterback for Terrell...Perhaps everyone should hear about you in the showers, that would be a great myth to tell!

December 24, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. maria

Ha ha he became a" white rich man" ha ! money talks ....he without money will be in the streets now he is Mr.Fox ha!

December 24, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jaimie

more acting..thanks.

December 23, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. There are only 3 on this blog...

so which one is jaime foxx

December 22, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Milagros

Mr. Foxx is certainly a very talented fellow, but his arrogance has reached the point where it overwhelms the talent. He sure loves himself, hates anyone who has an opinion differing from his own, and takes every opportunity to let the world know. He appears to be a miserable fellow for some reason?

December 22, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

You can take the kid from the ghetto ,but you can't take the ghetto from the kid isn't that true?

December 24, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Keith X

What in the world are you talking about? How did you deduce that JFoxx is "arrogant from a 300 word entertainment article? Get a life...

December 26, 2012 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Jamie Foxx

is doing much all day .... party day..

December 26, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  6. CNN please call if anything further happens

I want the person who listening to my phone calls...i want the person who is in my work computer, i want the person who took the pictures, i want the person who is in my life without my approval, i want the person who is in my home computer, I want the person who is in company information, i want the person who texted their name on my phone, i want person who looks a at my bank account, i want the person who took the donna summer video, i want the person who does not mind their own business i want the person who was listening to my cousins and i talking i want who sends me cmas texts, i want the person who takes over my emails...i want the person

December 22, 2012 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sokman

First off, that one wasnt me. I used that name a couple days, but not in this blog, and the only time I've seen Foxx as an angry black man is in Any Given Sunday. Second, thought I smelled ya comin Shiz, but I was by a pig farm at the time. You out trying to fill a bunch of white women with the Christmas spirit? Good luck with that. I dont know if I care about a Tarantino western. I picture Dusk to Dawn with horses & mexican cattle rustlers instead of mexican vampires, complete with an appearance from Cheech Marin & Danny Trejo, who does kick a$s

December 22, 2012 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. MERRY CHRISTMAS PHAT PHUCK

THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE...AND I WILL MAKE SURE EVERYONE CONTINUES TO KNOW.

December 21, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Aunt Jemima

Oooooooohhhhh laaaaaaaawwwwwdddyy! He done went up and killed dem white men. Oooooooohhhhh lawdy, dem crackas gon' hang us fo' sho' now! Dis aint how I teached him, dis aint how I raised him oooooooooh lawdy!

December 21, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rock

Press 'Apple-P' and it will print

December 21, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. 1234

great people

December 21, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Day Shift/Night Shift

Coward Boutique

December 21, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  13. bagladyboutique

Reblogged this on Bag Lady Boutique.

December 20, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. S¤KM@N V2.0

Angry blaque-man... yeah... i'm sure it was a stretch.

December 20, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |