Ben Affleck drops out of Kristen Stewart comedy
December 20th, 2012

Ben Affleck drops out of Kristen Stewart comedy

As quickly as our interest was piqued by the idea of a Ben Affleck and Kristen Stewart comedy, the leading man's dropped out of the project.

According to Variety, the "Argo" actor/director wanted to do the film but, with a busy schedule to keep in mind, couldn't nail down a right time to do it.

Just last week it was announced that Kristen Stewart was to co-star with Affleck in "Focus," playing the newbie con artist that Affleck's veteran hustler partners with.

Glenn Ficarra and John Requa ("Crazy, Stupid, Love.") were to write and direct the film, and shooting was expected to begin in April.

But Affleck has a lot on his plate: the untitled Whitey Bulger project he's working on with Matt Damon; another movie in development called "The Stand"; and a third movie he's writing, directing, producing and starring in called "Live by Night."

Add to that the upcoming awards season, in which Affleck is a major contender, and April isn't a comfortable fit.

Variety reports that the studio, Warner Bros. is now on the hunt for a new actor who can meet the April launch on production. Who'd you cast in Affleck's place?

Filed under: Ben Affleck • Celebrities • Kristen Stewart

1. clavier arabe

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice at the same time as you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a applicable deal. I have been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided shiny clear concept

March 2, 2013 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jill

Sounds about right...His friends are the same way. DOGS.

January 15, 2013 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. Feeniegal

Kristin can't act..so I say Ryan Gosling..who can't act either. But I really think they should give it to Snoop Dog.

January 14, 2013 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jennifer holland

i guarantee 2 things : he dropped out of the project because of pressure from his wife – concerned with stewart's reputation as a married man seducer and there will be news one day of a split between ben and jennifer over rumors of ben's infidelity – he just turned 40 – i'd say in the next 10 years we will be hearing that news. jennifer is also 40 – by 50 he will be starting another family with a younger woman. I could be wrong and they could be another joanne woodward and paul newman but i have a 50.00 wager with a friend that it isn't so...

January 14, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joan

oh you can guarantee can ya?? SOme people still trust their spouses you know.

January 17, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cubshead

Two words – William Shatner.

January 14, 2013 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Pantheist

Ben Affleck is one lucky man . . . he has no talent but has managed to become a successful "movie star" anyway . . . I wouldn't pay 5 cents to see him in any movie!

January 13, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eileen Gray

Gee...Ben Affleck...an award winning director and writer, a gorgeous man, a bright and engaging interview...hmmm...Pan? What did you say you brought to the discussion? Oh that's right. Zip.

January 14, 2013 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • johnniewalker

your an idiot

January 15, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. and........

who cares.

January 13, 2013 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  8. Memory Use Scare

Ladies–step out time.

January 13, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  9. Numer one until i die... ann margret

this project will work.

January 13, 2013 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  10. how was your night?

mine was good even at size 14 1/2.

January 13, 2013 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  11. Lare

Kanye West

January 13, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  12. Hao So

A 'Ben Affleck & Kristen Stewart Comedy' has Gigli written all over it.
    Way to dodge a bullet, Ben.

January 13, 2013 at 5:59 am | Report abuse |
  13. Mike

This is like taking Matchstick Men and removing Alison Lohman–or Léon without Natalie Portman. Got to be a comedy if you're casting Kristen Stewart in any of those roles.

And Pattinson would be a ridiculous person to cast in that role, assuming they maintain the age difference between lead and supporting.

January 12, 2013 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  14. Pete

He just doesn't want to work with a pathetic actress – I can't blame him

January 10, 2013 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Meh

Cancel the project and dont give that bltch any more work in the film industry...

January 10, 2013 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  16. please..

ben has a solid marriage. next.

January 7, 2013 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  17. aj

Jennifer Garner probably told him not to work with that little tramp. Thus the "time constraint."

January 7, 2013 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  18. Bubba Rydel

I don't blame him. I wouldn't have anything to do with this vampire tramp. She cheated on her boyfriend publicly. She slept with a married man. She had no regard for his wife or his children. You couldn't pay me to go to one of her movies.

January 4, 2013 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Cranston Lamont

Damian Lewis or Simon Baker

January 1, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Reinberg

Pound for pound the worst actor in Hollywood.

December 29, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  21. JC

Neither of them has ever demonstrated anything which could even remotely be viewed as talent. They should both drop out, and thus save the public 114 minutes of precious life, otherwise drained by poor acting and even poorer scripting.

December 28, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jennifer Gardner is much more independed then

the many wives in 2013....so many wives are so backwards and live through blogs

December 28, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  23. people are so delusional

they believe everything on a blog...

December 28, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Your not rich...

everyone knows your not rich....now stop bother ben while he's working...

December 28, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  25. who cares

December 28, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  26. we love ben affleck

he is the best guy a girl could hope for

December 28, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Paul Revere

IIf Mr. Affleck doesn't have the time to work on this project how is he going to find time to invade the Congo? Mr.Affleck, if you must insist on engaging in a mission such as you promoted I want to see you driving the lead vehicle

December 28, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  28. June

So if I want to cut off 1 of my 10 fingers, I'm insane. But if I want to cut off my one and only wingwang, there's absolutely nothing wrong with me.

Giggle. Yeah, right! No political correctness involved in this decision!

December 28, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  29. jAy

Why is it that when a celebrity lives their life in the public eye they are always critized? We are all placed here to live life and to learn from our life leasons. They are humans beings just like everyone else. If these two were not in the public eye you wouldnt see anyone talking about them. People who are in relationships should know that there is a fine line between love and hate. Maybe this time around it will be different for the two of them. No judgement here.

December 26, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  30. emacs

I would cast Bradley Cooper.

December 26, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  31. My name is not ben

December 26, 2012 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  32. tata

Pretentious lowlives. I bet they'll have an affair

December 25, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Red Pison

Miss Bland is in a comedy? No wonder Ben wanted out.

December 24, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nathan

I know, she sooo bland, not funny, she has no loyalty towards marriage and you know, the producers should replace Ben with Borat! That will be epic, either Borat or Bruno would do...lol

December 25, 2012 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

I agree....I don't think I've ever seen that girl smile, she's so aloof in her interviews...and her constant running of her hands in her hair drives me nuts...

January 10, 2013 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  34. 4UJLA

Ben & Kristen probably would've turned into a BenKrista (Brangelina) so it's best they didn't make out on camera for Jen to see. Especially with her looking so trailer-park-scraggly these days with those annoying ponytails and untucked flannel shirts in parking lots while putting groceries in the car.

December 24, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Betsy

James McAvoy would be perfect! They would look good together. It was gonna be difficult to see her smooch with woody "Uncle Ben" ugh.

December 24, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  36. maria

Who cares....he is getting rich because people like you watching his stupid movies his last movie he created is just to make Ameri can people see it he knows people hate Muslims and he know the opportunity you are a bunch of dumbs making this guy rich , yeah continue making this wannabees rich and wealthy ....I really don't care about Hollywood is just money ,violence ghetto people became rich and famous we know whot they are ...... they commit crimes and get off because "money talks" is just , madness!

December 24, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Googliano

Wow that was hard to read. Learn how to type.

December 25, 2012 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
    • steven

i have to second. I understand your from a non-english speaking country and want to make a point, but it is difficult to do so with zero punctuation and a complete disregard for grammar. Good luck on your anti Ben Affleck kick. PS- he'll be running for senator of Massachusetts in a couple months to take Sen. Kerry's seat, so be prepared for that.

December 27, 2012 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnross1968

Can someone translate this please. All I could understand is Grrr BEN AFFLECK drool drool BAD grr grrr YOU LIKE BEN YOU STUPID Grrr growl stomp ME HATE AFFLECK ME SMARTER Grrr

December 27, 2012 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Everybody hates Muslims.

December 28, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Men need to watch Ben Affleck(photo above)

and learn that this is an example of how most young men are nowadays....once many hit 40 most looked washed out and miserable

Ben is the man.

December 24, 2012 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  38. 2 appleapple

beautiful looking man (photo above)...love you ben and jen–best of holidays to you guys.

December 23, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Best of Holidays

man i'm seeing is not an mrb.

December 23, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  40. WONDERFUL HOLIDAY TO-

Ben (photo above) and his family...our prayers are with you

December 23, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Thank you

open everything...

December 23, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Nathan

Why the heck would you go from garnering critical acclaim directing Argo to throwing it all away to star in a buddy comedy with Kristen Stewart? I'm sure the explanation is to save face, but the real reason is that his manager slapped him across the face and screamed "Are you an idiot?" until he came to his senses.

December 22, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  43. the_dude

Ben Affleck is bald. Nice hairpiece

December 22, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Ben Affleck grows as a man (photo above)

because of his wife. jennfer encourages him to be a man and allows him to be him. i love jennifer gardner a model wife and mother. have you seen some of the garbage couples who are around-alot of men i know suffer because of
    these women....not ben she is a perfect example of a women with self esteem.

December 22, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet1984

calm down–who are you trying to convince? Do you know them personally? If not, stop talking out of your behind.

December 22, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • yes i do know him

scram.

December 22, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Ben Affleck (photo above)

is the perfect guy and has a great marriage. he's loyal to his wife yet he does what he wants, he is never held back by jennifer. jennifer is not a nagging witch and ben doesn't feed her so she will keep her mouth closed.

they are the best.

December 22, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  46. Ben Affleck -- Perfect Husband Perfect Dad

I love this guy so much and respect his marriage to Jennifer...they get along yet they have their independence...
    the perfect relationship. Ben is great eye candy also.lol (picture above)

December 22, 2012 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  47. If anyone knows these people please let me know

I want the person who listening to my phone calls...

i want the person who is in my work computer, i want the person who took the pictures, i want the person who is in my life without my approval, i want the person who is in my home computer, I want the person who is in company information, i want the person who texted their name on my phone, i want person who looks a at my bank account, i want the person who took the donna summer video, i want the person who does not mind their own business i want the person who was listening to my cousins and i talking i want who sends me cmas texts, i want the person who takes over my emails...i want the person–

December 22, 2012 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  48. Sokman

No Ben Affleck? Maybe now it'll be funny

December 22, 2012 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  49. Ben is not an evil person

that's why women love him.

December 21, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  50. i like ben affleck

he can't be forced into anything..he's his own man–

December 21, 2012 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  51. alumette

I think Eminem would be perfect to work with her. They could make beautiful music together.

December 21, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  52. WE'RE NOT CLOSING ANY DEAL FOR FAT JUDY

THEY DO NOT WANT PEACE.....LEAVE EVERYTHING WHERE IT IS AGAIN...GET THE FEE BACK.
    SOME OF YOU ARE MONITORING...JUST EMAIL THEM AND TELL THEM FOR GET IT FOR JANUARY

December 21, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Mave.

the guy i'm dating is 4 1/2 yrs younger....doesnt bother him–good for me.

December 21, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  54. 1234

age has nothing to do with it...my cousin is married 19 years to the same man and she is 5 year older...
    if it works it works......i know people who are the same age that are in deep dysfunction and can't
    stand each other.

December 21, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Tommy Boy

I read Affleck is circling The Trail by M L Dunn, maybe that's why he dropped out of the picture with Kristen Stewart. He's a bit old for her anyway.

December 21, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Crack 2

what time?

December 21, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  57. DayShift/Night Shift

unless the 2 shifts are spoken too..these are the examples of poor directing-thanks

December 21, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  58. DayShift/Night Shift

unless the 2 shifts are spoken too..this are the examples of poor directing-thanks

December 21, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  59. Ray

I thought she already did a bunch of comedies... Twilight anyone?

December 21, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  60. Cracked

ben is not a good actor he plays the innocent type - yet he's doing all the directing behind the scenes.
    coward.

December 21, 2012 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  61. Bill Wry the Commentor Guy

The only funny thing I see about a potetial K-Stew comedy movie are the comments on this page

December 21, 2012 at 4:08 am | Report abuse |
  62. eyleentomala

Reblogged this on Eyleen Tomalá.

December 20, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  63. sultana

wow nothing to do with this subject omen .

December 20, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  64. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

I don't blame him at all. I'd drop out of any movie she's in too.

December 20, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Beautiful☆Vixen

Couldn’t nail down a right time to do it? Or, he was afraid he was going to find the time to nail it/her..hmmm

December 20, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Brittney

TOM HARDY!!!!!
    TOM HARDY!!!!

December 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Chucklehead

Too bad for him. I hear she's easy. I know I'd do her in a heartbeat.

December 20, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  68. heliocracy

All I know is that Kristen Stewart is a hot piece of monkey.

December 20, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Rebbeca

Good because he can't act!!! Stick to producing and directing Ben!

December 20, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred

And Kristen Stewart can act? Sure if all she has to do is stand there looking dumb with her mouth hanging open.

December 21, 2012 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  70. Holly

Adrien Brody, please!

December 20, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aaron E

Adrian Brody, definitely. He would own this role.

December 25, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aaron B

I agree Adrien Brody could nail this part. but cmon, KStew in a comedy? I don't think she could make anything funny. I hope Ben never appears in a movie with KStew, as her presence would ensure failure.

December 31, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  71. Lucy

I wonder if his wife made him do that.

December 20, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • alice

Wondering the same thing. Anyway, Ben is too much of a personality and this "association" would detract from his "serious" work. Ben wants to be taken seriously. His recent projects have substance and style. This " lightweight" wannabee should never be seen with Ben.

December 26, 2012 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  72. dsfan

i would so cast robert pattinson in the movie focus to be in the movie with kristen stewart all the way robert pattinson to take ben's place. i know alot of more people would go see the movie and even be interested in looking at the movie even with robert pattinson in it with kristen stewart way more fans if kristen wil get people to want to see the movie but with rob oh there you go

December 20, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  73. thgfan

I'm sure Ben Affleck fans are thrilled to hear that. There's a time & place but this ain't it.

December 20, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  74. heliocracy

Yes, and Elvis' gyrating hips are going to corrupt our kids too!

December 20, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |