Angelina Jolie in talks to direct 'Unbroken'
December 19th, 2012

Angelina Jolie in talks to direct 'Unbroken'

After making her directorial and screenwriting debut with 2011's "In the Land of Blood and Honey," Angelina Jolie is prepared to helm another film.

The 37-year-old is in talks to direct an adaptation of Laura Hillenbrand's best-selling book, "Unbroken," according to Deadline. Although it'll be Jolie's second time directing a feature, it will be her first go-round with a major studio release.

"Unbroken" tells the story of Olympic athlete and World War II POW Louis Zamperini, whose heroism and resilience captivated readers when Hillenbrand's book was published in 2010.

Jolie said in a statement Wednesday that she was "so moved by [Louis] Zamperini's story" after reading "Unbroken" that she "immediately began to fight for the opportunity to make this film."

Zamperini "is a true hero and a man with an immense humanity, faith and courage. I am deeply honored to have the chance to tell his inspiring story."

"Unbroken" will arrive from Universal Pictures and Walden Media, and Universal's chairman, Adam Fogelson, and co-chair, Donna Langley, have commended Jolie for her storytelling.

“In her life and in her work, Angelina has embraced stories and causes involving great struggle and triumph over tremendous odds and the basic human condition,” they said in a statement. “She has a real ability to illustrate the strength in human spirit which will be essential in telling Lou’s story of survival and great heroism.”

Filed under: Angelina Jolie • Celebrities

1. Pantheist

Angelina Jolie makes me nauseous . . . she is so incredibly ugly and obviously a home wrecker and I look forward to the headline "Brad Pitt Cheats On Angelina Jolie with His Current Co-Star." What goes around comes around, Angelina, and you've got some things coming around . . . wait for it!

January 13, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. PorkKrash 1

angelina looks awsome in this shot...can't wait to see her next movie...i believe she is directing again.

December 23, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. krash

angelina(photo above) looks beautiful in this picture...her life is going well with brad..he's stable now and seems to have a great family..happy holidays to angelina (photo above) and her family!!!

December 23, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. CNN please call if anything further happens

I want the person who listening to my phone calls...i want the person who is in my work computer, i want the person who took the pictures, i want the person who is in my life without my approval, i want the person who is in my home computer, I want the person who is in company information, i want the person who texted their name on my phone, i want person who looks a at my bank account, i want the person who took the donna summer video, i want the person who does not mind their own business i want the person who was listening to my cousins and i talking i want who sends me cmas texts, i want the person who takes over my emails...i want the person

December 22, 2012 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  5. suzanne

come on folks – someone please applaud for a movie topic that's not the same old same old, or some remake of something – she's beautiful – her heart is certainly in the right place - tell me the last time you did anything costing millions of dollars all by yourself with no help from anyone – no one working with that much money is ever given full autonomy – don't we have bigger things to be critical of than Angelina?

December 21, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. DayShift/Night Shift

beautiful girl and great family(referring to picture above)

December 21, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. Pitt's seeds

we are so happy when we get shot inside this anorexic chick

December 21, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. ldean50

Jolie's P.R. team must have put this falsehood out there – she'll have a hard time after the court battle. She plagurized "Blood and ..." and when the original author proves it in court, she will really go into the ditch.

December 20, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. S¤KM@N V2.0

She's only 37? She looks a lot older. I think a cheeseburger would do her good

December 20, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. barbara

If you want the movie to have an success, hire anyone other than Angelina Jolie. From other sources, it's been said that she actually directed very little of "In the Land of Blood and Honey." It seems apparent that Jolie is washed up as an actress and maybe trying to make her mark as a director to keep her name out there. Maybe she should just do a perfume commerical.

December 20, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |