Soaps 'OLTL,' 'AMC' could return
December 18th, 2012

Soaps 'OLTL,' 'AMC' could return

In what could be a great plot twist, "One Life to Live" and "All My Children" might not be dead after all.

Prospect Park, the company that initially tried to save the two long-running soaps after ABC canceled them in 2011 but failed to bring a deal together, is reviving its efforts.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the media/production company behind FX's "Wilfred" and USA's "Royal Pains" has made a deal with SAG-AFTRA that could put the two soaps back in business online. The company is also said to be in talks with DGA and WGA.

Last November, Prospect Park explained that it had to hold off on attempts to put "OLTL" and "AMC" on the Web because of a variety of hurdles, including the "contractual demands of the guilds, coupled with the program's inherent economic challenges." The timing was right for their plan, Prospect Park felt, but the money wasn't there.

"We believe we exhausted all reasonable options apparent to us, but despite enormous personal, as well as financial, cost to ourselves, we failed to find a solution," the company said at the time.

If they find a solution this time around, THR reports that production could begin in January.

Prospect Park declined to comment to the magazine.

Filed under: television

1. Debra T

Vincent I. just posted on FB that he has signed a deal with Prospect Park to play David Hayward online!

December 28, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kathy

I am so missing AMC. I am lucky that I still have Soapnet and can watch the AMC reruns. The reruns are from 2009. Maybe they are going to time the return of the shows with the finale of the shows on Soapnet. They run 3 episodes , 5 nights a week... I need a calendar !!! All I want for Christmas is my AMC to come back!

December 19, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Paula T

If OLTL is revived, will they be able to entice Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati back? They're doing gangbusters on General Hospital, and I doubt that ABC's going to want to let them go.

December 18, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chas IV

Good point Paul T! Frank & Ron were the reasons OLTL was so popular (as well as great acting, of course)...I would hope that Frank & Ron have some creative input in the new project!

December 18, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Taylor

Good idea. Get those two away from GH. I'm a ten year viewer of GH, and that show is a mess since they're been there.

December 19, 2012 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  4. Xanna Don't

Producing these shows in cost-effective Atlanta will make them financially viable. And Atlanta is a quick 2-hour plane shuttle from NYC for talent who don’t wish to relocate. For talent who would relocate, there are so many opportunities in The ATL (Walking Dead, Drop Dead Diva, Vampire Diaries, more, and many feature films, incuding Flight starring Denzel Washington). It can be done. Online or on cable: AMC/OLTL fans will follow these shows anywhere–with a built in audience of 3 to 5 million, it would be a bad business decision not to revive these quality sister-soaps.

December 18, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Chas IV

One Life to Live was the best soap on TV and cut off in it's prime....There are still people mourning the loss of OLTL as well as All My Children, and would love to see their favorite characters back in action......Bravo to Prospect Park....and we'll look forward to January 2013!

December 18, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. JennyBreeze

An entire year of HARD campaigning *might* finally be paying off. You guys don't have to watch them of course, but there are a couple million of us who love our cheesy, ridiculous soaps!! They're like family – love em and hate em at the same time. This is great news. :)

December 18, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jeff

These were the stories on ABC. My mean gramma watched them. My nice gramma watched the ones on CBS like Bold and Besutiful. Nice gramma was the best. Means gramma was a horrid witch.

December 18, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Beautiful☆Vixen

There you go @Peace. Isn't this a show you used to watch? Don't know why, but to each their own. Lol

December 18, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Hi BV, I dvr'd AMC. I'm used to it being off the air & I won't hold my breath on it coming back. Lol, I don't get too excited over things till they're facts...ahem. ;)

December 18, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beautiful☆Vixen

I watched a little of All My Children, because my friend watched it since in grammar school. We cut out of field day (in grammar school) and went to her house and watched it. We got yelled at for not being a part of of it the next day..lol. I don't watch it anymore. People keep dying and coming back..blah blah blah.

I'm pretty bad at keeping up with shows. The Walking Dead is still a number one with me that so far I continue to watch. Breaking Bad, Sons Of Anarchy..never saw from the start, so I lost out on that. Yes, I can get dvds, Netflix but i'm never really around. Those shows are different than soaps thou. Just saying..I'm terrible with keeping up on shows.

December 18, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beautiful☆Vixen

Oh ..I got the ahem.lol. Another show that I love and kept up with is "Pretty Little Liars". Seriously, I love that show.

December 18, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |