Today's news you might've missed:
- Britney Spears has quietly emerged as the top-earning female musician of the year, with her estimated $58 million haul placing her ahead of scene-stealers Taylor Swift and Rihanna. Headlines don't make dollars, kids. [Forbes]
Seth Cohen Adam Brody is going to join Golden Globe nominee Don Cheadle and our other favorite teen TV alum, Kristen Bell, on Showtime's "House of Lies" in a guest role for two episodes. Season 2 will premiere on January 13 at 10 p.m. ET.
- We guess this means Jon Stewart doesn't dig "Bridget Jones" movie marathons nearly as much as we do. [E! News]
- "Private Practice" will officially close its doors on January 22, which, yes, is kind of an odd time to do a series finale. But, on the plus side, Audra McDonald's returning for it! [TV Guide]
- The Parents Television Council, perhaps having run out of shows to take a stance against, has turned their attention to AMC's "The Walking Dead" to question its TV-14 rating. We're all for having an opinion, we're just curious why the PTC is just now hearing about the gore-fest that is "TWD." [EW]
- Because we love Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis - hearted all the more when Wilde revealed that they have the bedroom stamina of marathon runners - we hope that the rumor of their supposed secret engagement and wedding plans are true. [Radar]