'The Voice' narrows it down to the final three
December 12th, 2012

'The Voice' narrows it down to the final three

[Editor's Note: This post contains spoilers for the December 11 episode of "The Voice."]

With the new rules this year, "The Voice" eliminated one last contestant to bring us down to three going into next week's finale.

Tuesday night's results show was more memorable for the return of some season two faces than anything else (the duets were not that exciting, and at times Terry McDermott didn't seem very interested in what he was singing with Cassadee Pope).

Among the returning "Voice" contestants we saw perform Tuesday, Juliet Simms did more wailing than singing, Chris Mann once again demonstrated his beautiful voice (even if it was a tad boring), and RaeLynn made me wonder why she didn't get to the finale last season.

Looking back on the previous night, you could predict who would go home, based on the fact that Terry was the first one saved.

Nicholas David gave his most emotional performance to date, dedicating "You Are So Beautiful" to his wife. Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you get votes.

The aforementioned Terry, on the other hand, had a terrific performance of "Let It Be," but I wasn't entirely convinced that this would bring in votes. I'm happy to say that I was wrong.

With Christina Aguilera's unwavering support, you had to know that Cassadee Pope was going to the end as well. And Blake Shelton's attempt to transform her into a country singer is nearly complete. She's still the odds-on favorite.

So, despite some absolutely mind-blowing performances that culminated with "And I'm Telling You" last week, it was Trevin Hunte who went home. His "Wind Beneath My Wings" wasn't enough this week.

One thing I can say is that I would be very pleased with any of these three winning the show. They're all very unique and fit right in on "The Voice." But if there were a gun to my head, I would say I'm pulling for Nicholas.

Who is your favorite going into the final week? Share your thoughts on video or comment below.

1. copy and wire check....

April 7, 2013 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. tosheebea

we'll be here monday and tuesday...

April 7, 2013 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. 4567cellphonepassword

don't blame reality-

April 7, 2013 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. andri

Shakira's family lineage heirlooms from Englishman actor Cain,1970's thriller flicks. Preinducted meeting Madonna
    during the 1980' s alongside scientology.
    Usher, yeah u guessed it a scientologist, agreed staging himself sf dancer & actor interests in Oakland, California carried on a first person basis by k.guilfoyle afreshing friendship between mentioned and Madonna & Oprah alive and well w/additional bonds and contacts.
    If u believe Shakira is "too washed up " or is a "has been " to be on the voice to at least a little extent.Setup additional viewership programs bypassing Monday & Tuesday primetime slots. Sadly but true most reality shows are owned by scientologists, and that fact does not preclude American Idol.

April 7, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Denise

I absolutely love Nicholas David! His voice is impeccable and I love his style.Cassadee Pope is a very good singer and so is Terry but Nicholas is the winner hands down in my opinion.

December 18, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. Carol

Very sad that Trevin is gone I'm sure some one will pick him up and give him a recording contract. That song and dress that Cassadee wore last night night was AMAZING!

December 18, 2012 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  7. a d and 3? yawing to death now

i guess nichalas..

December 17, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jenn

Love Nicholas David's voice! Hope he'll win! :)

December 17, 2012 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. PhoneVogue

thank you ladies.

December 15, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. sissy

I think it will be someone old again. They seem to pick people that look and act old......... why? Maybe because they feel sorry for the old singers-last chance and all. But do they ever get anywhere ..no hello!

December 15, 2012 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • max

Well the writer and producer could not have been more prolific and right on regarding last nights show. My experience directly reflected his opinions.

Regarding the below writer, who said an "old person" is going to win again, I ask you to watch the X Factor and think, should a 13 year old really be allowed to be a contestant on a show of that magnitude. You saw last year when that little 13 year old completely fell apart when she got sent home, it was heart breaking and extremely disturbing. I would not let any child of that age on a show like that. As well, the people who are older need as much of an opportunity to win as the opposite, and I image you are probably about 14 years old yourself. Well I say live and learn young girl. Good luck to the "old guy", I hope he walks home with 5 million dollars! Goodluck.

December 15, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Marlene

I like Cassaddee Pope – she has a tremenously powerful voice and she is beautiful.

December 15, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Eave Dropp

hands up nicholas

December 15, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. sralston

I vote for Nicholas!

December 15, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hunter

Nicholas, PLEASE SING: IT MUST HAVE BEEN THE RIGHT PLACE, IT MUST HAVE BEEN THE WRONG TIME. DR. JOHN. It would be a great match for your voice.

December 15, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mega Hollywood 22

the voice has one final word of wisdom....fruit stand.

December 14, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. My darling voices...

crack it–

December 14, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  16. My Balls Itch

because I'm allergic to trash tv and I'm surrounded by it

December 14, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  17. Tracy

I have been moved by Terry McDermott since the Blind Auditions. This guy has a crazy good voice and personality to match! I feel he will be widely marketable and appeal to many. His last two outings with "I Want To Know What Love Is" and the impeccable "Let It Be" just sealed the deal for me. I don't know how any one could really listen to either and not be moved to pull for this young man–first class!!

December 14, 2012 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  18. Mohammad Idrees

I'm loving to watch rihanna perform, just got an idea from http://abcarticles.org/who-is-the-voice-finale-winner-season-3/

December 13, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  19. C K Pittman

Trevin is probably better off not being tied to the recording contract with the Voice. He may become a star with Cee Lo's continued mentoring. I hope Nicholas David wins. I did like his new look; but you could tell he wasn't very comfortable with it. The top eight were all fabulous...I wish them all luck and look forward to their future musical endeavors.

December 13, 2012 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
    • C K Pittman

I would like to see Terry do an INXS song. Amanda or Cody also would have done a great job with one of their songs.

December 13, 2012 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  20. krazyt0t

I don't think I'll be watching it anymore. I like all four, but I really watched weekly to hear Trevin. Best of luck to the other three though. Unfortunately, I think it's down to a popularity contest now...

December 13, 2012 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Harriett Daniel

I was so disappointed when Amanda was voted off that I considered not watching the rest of the season, but because Trevin and Nicholas were still in the line up, I continued. When Trevin was voted off, it occurred to me that the judges "set up" certain talented artists for being voted off. How? By requesting EVERY week, that they "break out" of their comfort zones take "risks" and "stretch" their voices... But I noticed that they NEVER requested that of either Terry nor Cassadee. Therefore, every week Terry sang a Rock song and every week Cassadee sang a version of the same song. They were NEVER told to take risks and they never did. Therefore, it is no wonder that every week, they perfected what they did best. I do not blame Cassadee for not taking risks and for not "breaking out." She did the safe thing every time she sang, and she was never challenged by the judges – but she was NOT the best voice for this season...not by a mile. Trevin, Amanda, Nicholas and every other talented, gifted singer who was coerced into singing outside their comfort zones, are all the better for it. If the judges had not already decided who they were going to push this season, it would have been their best season, as they selected extremely talented, gifted singers. I won't watch the fourth season.

December 22, 2012 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  21. Erin

As someone who has been involved with music all my life (69 years)..for This show at This time..we have all been treated to a unique voice and individual..and America has been voting for him!! I am sooo proud. I am, you must have guessed, writing about Nicholas David...a soul that we all would do well to "Hear". I have lived in another country for 8 years..and I , for the very 1st time, voted every way I could for this talent and this experience. No matter what happens..Nicholas David will be O.K. Holy Buckets. This man makes me smile every time.

December 12, 2012 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Towanda

Either McDermott or David. Honestly, I like them equally. Those two have been my favorite since it started. I would hate to have to pick one over the other.

December 12, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Bigdadg

I'm pulling for Nicholas as well. Can somebody explain to me how an artist who already had a record deal with her band can be allowed to compete on this show? I think a Cassadee victory might stir up some trouble here.

December 12, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Emily

Cassadee isn't the first contestant to have previously had a record deal. Dia Frampton comes to mind...

December 13, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Margaret

I’m not too surprised Trevin is going home this week. My DISH co-workers and I have loved him all season, but he just doesn’t have the fanbase the other three have. I will definitely be looking forward to seeing what he decides to do next! In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy seeing who pulls out the win next week. I think it’ll be Cassadee, but I also think Terry has a decent shot at the upset. I won’t be home to watch the episodes next week, but my DISH Hopper is all set up to tape it for me. I didn’t even have to set a DVR timer because I have the PrimeTime Anytime feature turned on. Everything on each of the four major networks gets recorded for me automatically during the prime time hours. It definitely makes my life easier!

December 12, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tam

Cassadee has a good voice but young and has alot to learn about stage presense and how to be humble. Terry is almost pitch perfect on every song but doesn't do much to make them his own, great "cover" singer. Nicholas is by far the most unique, original, soulful artist. Every time he performs its his own rendition and his heart and soul are at the fore front of his performances. It is so refreshing to see a person who realizes his blessings and is not taking any of this for granted. Praying God continues to bless him and Nicholas has my vote!

December 12, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patricia Melnick

Amen, Tam! Nicolas is the best of the singers but he'll do well even if he doesn't win. I agreed also with your opinion of all the final four singers from last season.

December 12, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denise

I agree with you 100 percent!

December 18, 2012 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  26. JLove

I would love to see Nicholas win. He has a one of a kind voice where Terry and Cassadee are very good, there are people with the same type voices. I would like Nicholas to finish with Al Greens..."Let's stay together.....and blow the others away.

December 12, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patricia Melnick

Quick, call Ceelo! Also, notice how much more articulate Ceelo is this season than last? I'll miss him next season.

December 12, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. up the road

we have another blogger who threatens everyone it can see other peoples email addresses...yet this person has about 150,000 different names all over the website yet it feels its in a postion to tell every about its computer power...

baaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahoooooooooheeeeeeeeee

December 12, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Debra

I, too, am a big Nicholas supporter. I would love to hear him sing "In The Ghetto" for the finale. I also like Terry, but it may just be that I like the song choices. The talent was very good on The Voice this year.

December 12, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  29. JEANIE

LOVE NICHOLAS HIS VOICE IS UNFORGETABLE BUT ILL HAVE TO SAY CASSIDEE HAS FAN BASE OF BLAKE SHELTON BEHIND HER FOR A WIN BOO HOO PS LOVE BLAKE TO AND ALL THE CAST

December 12, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  30. shawnie

Trevin is gone? Are you kidding? Cassadee – forgettable. Terry – boring cliche. Nicholas – character, heart, style and unique qualities – true to self. Shoulda been down to Trevin and Nicholas. The show is called "The Voice" – they have unique, beautiful instruments. Shame.

December 12, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  31. lynn

Nicholas Please the other two act as if they know they are going to win don't like that in a person

December 12, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. tung

i agree nicholas

December 12, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Frenchie

David Nicholas, He is a legend and I will buy his CD's. He's incredible and he has a very soulfull voice.

Bravo for him

Frenchie Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

December 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patricia Melnick

Hi name is Nicholas David, but that's ok, as long as you vote for him :)

December 12, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  34. JellyBean

All three sound just barely above average.

December 12, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  35. Caryn

Nicholas, Nicholas, Nicholas all the way!!!!

December 12, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |