Miley Cyrus mourns death of dog: I wish this feeling would stop
December 12th, 2012

Miley Cyrus mourns death of dog: I wish this feeling would stop

Miley Cyrus is having a rough time.

The 20-year-old singer/actress is mourning the loss of her dog, Lila, who recently passed away. The soon-to-be Mrs. Liam Hemsworth has been sharing her pain on Twitter, thanking followers for their support as she heals.

"[C]an't think of one good reason to get out of bed today," Cyrus posted on Tuesday. "For everyone asking... I have never been so hurt in my life. My heart has never been so broken..... Lila my sweet baby girl has passed away."

Cyrus was feeling "broken" that day, and she told her followers that she was going to be "MIA for a bit. Need some healing time. Thank you to everyone who has sent love my way. I need it."

According to People magazine, Cyrus took Lila into her home in 2011, and the pooch quickly became a member of Cyrus' four-dog family. In October of this year, Cyrus requested prayer for her pet when Lila needed a trip to the hospital.

Wednesday hasn't been any easier for Cyrus, as she tweeted, "I wish this feeling would stop... I wish there was something I could do to bring my baby back. I'd give up anything in this world...."

Filed under: Celebrities

« Previous entry
  1. Viva

I have empathy for Miley, my pets are like family and when you lose one it is very painful.

December 30, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  2. She's perty!

nice eyebrows–

December 15, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Steve

Well if that's the worst thing that's ever happened to her, she's doing alright

December 15, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. She's Pretty!!!

We love her dad.....he's on broadway.

December 14, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  5. someone

so very sorry for your loss. >_<

December 14, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. mark j cimfl

I am so very sorry for your lose Miley. We all know what it is like to feel that kind of pain. But that is what makes us who we are. The Lord blessed you with here even if it was for a short time and you are better for it. Try not to listen to all the negative b.s. and remember man looks at the outside appearance but God looks at the heart. I know you have a good heart Miley, always your friend. M.C.

December 13, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. beth morrison

ignore the negative comments–we have recently lost our baby Gracie at the age of 10–she grew up with my children and they still have a hard time talking about her. she was a member of our family',not just a dog, grieve girl, and remember all the good. she will always be with you and make you smile.

December 13, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  8. Barbarajean martin

Miley where oh! Where is that sweet hannah montana ?

December 13, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. ZOE GUACAMOLE

YOU FREAKING GOBLIN EWWW

December 12, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jim Dandey

Welcome to the world of adults, Miley...

December 12, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cecile

shut up. some people are just closer to animals, it has nothing to do with being "grown up". I'm in my 30s and I've found a lot of animals to be tonnes better than some humans.

December 16, 2012 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
    • jammy

i'm 30 years old and lost my best friend and dog last year...
      i still hurt as if it were yesterday. it broke my heart right in two.
      perhaps that was because she was literally the first and closest loss i've ever had in my life (except a former co-worker who i didn't know that well) but perhaps that is because some people bond with animals where as others don't.

i don't think its a matter of age either. both my parents (my father being a retired police officer) will also still get teary if they see my precious pup's photos. it speaks of a love so deep and compassionate that is nothing to be ashamed of.

December 26, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  11. WWETeamHELLLLNO!

Am Truely Sorry For Your Loss Of Your Beautiful Dog...Miley, Just Hang In There. Love you!

December 12, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Up the road

Rufuse is a nice name for a doggie. Enjoy it.

December 12, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Up the Road

bye mr. triplett–booking italy now.

December 12, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Up The Road

i need to be free....i don't need to watch miley....she has a huge fan base of men who love watching her now.

December 12, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. I agree...

its the same 12 year old threatening computer power–don't worry we're going–

December 12, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Justine Triplett

I'm very sorry about your dog. I know just how you feel. When you lose a pet it's like a death in the family.
    I lost my dog too. But I've got a new one his name is Rufuse. I will be ok just hang in there

December 12, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Clubfoot McShottyFace

Quit your biching and get back to singing bad music and looking like a 12 year old boy!

December 12, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Nate

Nothing much hurts worse than loosing a pet – it's like losing a child. My heart and prayers go out to her.

December 12, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |