One more coach eliminated on 'The Voice'
December 5th, 2012

One more coach eliminated on 'The Voice'

[Editor's Note: This recap contains spoilers for the December 4 results show of "The Voice."]

The new rules claimed another victim on "The Voice" Tuesday night, leaving us with two coaches down and two left in the competition.

But before we get to that, let's take a look at how the remaining singers fared.

By far, the performance of the week - if not the season - came from Team Cee Lo's Trevin Hunte, and his show-stopping take on "And I'm Telling You." It got the coaches and audiences on their feet, and Christina Aguilera had to fan herself afterward.

Following what I felt was a lackluster rendition of "Walking on Sunshine," this performance guaranteed Trevin's place in the final four.

His teammate, Nicholas David, didn't do quite as well, as some of the coaches felt he was lost in the numerous backup musicians as he performed "September."

He finished off the show on Monday with "Over the Rainbow," which was good enough to keep him in the competition.

As for Team Blake, Terry McDermott had his best night yet with a memorable rendition of "I Want to Know What Love Is," followed by a crowd-pleasing version of "Stay with Me."

Terry was safe, as was his teammate Cassadee Pope, who is looking more and more like the one to beat.

I felt like "I'm with You" was a bit too on the nose (she should try to avoid coming off like an Avril Lavigne clone whenever possible), but her first performance, "Stand," was pretty great ... and the glow-sticks didn't hurt.

So, as you might have figured out, that would mean Team Adam is out of the competition entirely. Both Melanie Martinez and Amanda Brown were eliminated.

I felt like Amanda had a good night - between "Natural Woman" and returning to her roots with "Here I Go Again" - and I would not have been surprised to see her in the final two, so it did catch me off guard to see her leave over Nicholas.

After a few weeks of gaining momentum (not to mention a devoted fanbase), Melanie probably had the weakest night of anyone.

She put her own spin on "Crazy," complete with a tiny piano, and Cee Lo had nothing but kind words for her. But as Adam pointed out, there were a few pitch issues.

Then there was her performance of "The Show," which was Adam's way of making her come across as less dark. It was certainly unique in the history of "The Voice," but I don't think the school-play staging got her any votes.

Christina suggested she sing something like Fiona Apple's "Criminal" instead, and so that's exactly what happened in her duet with Nicholas Tuesday night. It was definitely the performance of the night, even above Ne-Yo and Amanda.

At the time, I thought this was a farewell performance for two of the most unusual contestants in "Voice" history, but thankfully, my favorite Nicholas is still with us.

So who do you think will emerge victorious? Team Cee Lo or Team Blake? Share your view on video or post a comment.

1. htc行動電源

Greetings! I understand this really is somewhat off subject but I was wondering in the event you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I am having difficulty finding one? Thanks a great deal! htc行動電源 http://www.powerbanktech.com

June 21, 2013 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. viajes a samana

You are actually a just right webmaster. The web site loading speed is amazing. It seems that you're doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterwork. you have done a wonderful task on this subject!

May 17, 2013 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  3. Kevin Nivek

I'll tell you what's not being eliminated – waste matter from Christina Aguilera's colon! That chick just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

December 10, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. bull9

chooof was kewel–the only one that wins...is the one inside

dd chump

December 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dtcpr

I get that Trevin is really talented but I am sort of sick of him singing these ballad like songs every week. Whenever he moves away from them he isn't that great. My favorites were Melanie, Amanda, Brian and Terry. I felt like Brian went home too early. Dez should have left earlier and I'm shocked about Melanie and Amanda! At first I wasn't a fan of Nicholas but i love the type of music he's beeing singing so he is growing on me. I just think he is a little hard to look at sometimes But i love love loved the somewhere over the rainbow and I enjoyed Melanie's Crazy. Out of them all i would mayeb buy Terry and Melanie's music.

Lastly, I feel like Christina is being mean this season. She told Melanie that she should appreciate the set designers twice. And she seems so false like she is saying one thing and her face and tone is saying another. She disliked Melanie and Amanda from the beginning. Adam had my favorite team and Christina my least favorite. I'll be glad to get a break from her in the Spring season.

December 6, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  6. puppet ho

the baby has her baba and a new clean diaper.

December 6, 2012 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  7. SNAPPS

Cassadee Pope’s one of my favorite acts on The Voice and she had some impressive performances this season. I’ve enjoyed this season more this year than last and each episode better. I record The Voice and some of my other primetime favorites using the PrimeTime Anytime feature using my DISH Hopper DVR. I’m glad my coworker at DISH told me about this which records the four major networks nightly once enabled. I’ve been able to make everyone happy at home now that I don’t have all the DVRs tied up recording my shows while the wife and kids get stuck watching recordings. My primetime shows record to one TV and lets everyone else watch what they want.

December 5, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. me

Cassadee is gorgeous. I dont watch the show but i just saw her clip on mute... I want!

December 5, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. The MacTongue

it was a little chilly that night.

December 5, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Richard Fore

The girl to the left sure has a short dress. I hope she doesn't catch the cold.

December 5, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |