Frankie Muniz on mini-stroke: I'm happy to be alive
December 5th, 2012

Frankie Muniz on mini-stroke: I'm happy to be alive

Frankie Muniz is truly celebrating life as he turns 27 today.

The former "Malcolm in the Middle" star is recovering from a "mini-stroke" he had last Friday, and he told "Good Morning America" Wednesday that he's still trying to understand the health scare.

Muniz told the ABC morning show that he was riding his motorcycle around Phoenix on Friday when he lost vision in one eye and felt his body go numb.

A visit to the hospital revealed that Muniz had suffered a "mini-stroke," "which was not fun at all," he tweeted Tuesday. "Have to start taking care of my body!"

At the time, Muniz remembered recognizing that "Something wasn't right, I knew I did not feel right. I couldn't say words, and I thought I was saying them, and my fianceé was looking at me like I was speaking a foreign language."

The actor, who now plays drums with the band Kingsfoil, thought a stressful lifestyle might have been a factor.

"I've literally to this day, never had a sip of alcohol in my life. I've never had any drugs, I've never even smoked a cigarette," Muniz said. Although he feels like he's recovered mentally, physically he's still healing.

"I can't get a deep breath in," he told "GMA." "I'm still trying to make sense of it, but happy that I'm alive."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. What was that?

We know you hon...performance does not work here. We know the dirty little secret...

haaaaaaaaaaaaNODODAThaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

November 27, 2013 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. Linda Nichols

God Bless you, I am praying for you to have peace, be healed and to know Jesus (He is real).
    I have a son that looked exactly like you when you were a young teen... I think that is why I have prayed
    for you off and on through the years, because you remind me of him and I want you to know God and be OK

September 6, 2013 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. Ashley

I did also forget to mention that I understand what you mean by migraines. Mine are not the typical migraine. I also have different severe ones across my head/face, etc. I have learned over the years the difference between a migraine, sinus headache, and one of "those" headaches that puts me in a mess for a few days. I have had spinal taps, mri's, etc done because I also have psuedo tumor cerebri. This is a fluid filled tumor within the brain that caused these "different" types of headaches. The combination of the pseudo tumor cerebri and my mini stroke cause many neurological problems and severe vision problems. From the stroke I have paralysis still on my right side of my face, neck, and arm, etc. It is not as severe as it was 10 years ago but is still noticable especially to me. Hopefully you will find an answer soon.

December 11, 2012 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ashley

I had the same thing happen to me at the age of 19. I still have some left over side effects. Yesterday was actually 10 years since the mini stroke happened. I was a sophmore in college. I did not smoke and barely drank. Stress is one of the determining factors that caused mine. I have been seeing neurologist for 10 years now. There will more than likely not be a "definite answer" to what caused it. It is scary to have your life change so much or to even experience something to this nature at such a young age. I am now 29 and still suffer from issues that were brought forth by my mini stroke. The best of luck to you.

December 11, 2012 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  5. Hey

mikey..thank you for that beautiful music last night...lmao

December 7, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. davidintel

Scary stuff, get well soon!

December 7, 2012 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. Lalo Lopez

Happy Birthday Old Friend, Well a glimps of reality finally hit you. I have been drinking and smoking since 13 years of age and now 38. happy to say no stroke here. However other problems are encountered, so stay clear as you have and maybe once in a while take a sip of a good bottle of wine. Take care and keep the faith. The healing beggins

December 6, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  8. the_dude

That picture is hillarious. It looks like he is taking a family picture with his hot, older sister. All the kids from that malcolm middle show all turned out to freaks.

December 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. DeDe

Sorry to hear he had to go through this, and at such a young age. I am 43 and recently diagnosed with a rare genetic disease known as CADASIL. Typical early onset symptoms are migraines, TIAs and strokes. He should consider being tested for it.

December 6, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jane

Wow, that is unfortunate! Also crazily similar. An awesome Opthalmologist urged my spouse to hightail it to the E.R. if he has another episode. The next day he had his third TIA in one month. TODAY marks one year from the day my spouse suffered from a TIA that lead him to the E.R. After a brain MRI, the diagnosis was an ArterioVascularMalformation. (a vascular tumor requiring surgery) I sure hope that Frankie had an MRI. Proper diagnosis is important!

November 27, 2013 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
    • May50 "quote"

He's too hot and so are you red lips...haaaaaaaaaa

November 27, 2013 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. Janet

I also encourage anyone with symptoms such as Frankie's to be evaluated for CADASIL. The first signs of this little-known disease can be strokes and TIAs.

December 6, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bull

Sounds as if the Lad needs a beer.It also sounds like he's fooked !

December 6, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Nobody is sweating but you....

we win awards you win nothing...bye

December 6, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. meeting with cheef

we have it...

December 6, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Great White House always broke treaty with North American Indians

Don't speak with a fork tongue. Palm of hand outward and up in the air = HOW

December 7, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • LMAO

December 7, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. You lose

we win.

December 6, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. which!!! DOCTOR

The body needs to sweat?

December 6, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. which!!! DOCTOR

TACO BELL?

December 6, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hey Mr. Frankie Muniz

This is'nt about u going or visiting a taco bell nor sweating. Its for thinkers commenting The medical doctors released u and it is sure that with them u can figure it all out. And on earth peace, goodwill toward men! Heard that somewhere Oh Yeah In a book saying it was from a heavenly host careful out in those streets of PHOENIX:)

December 6, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  16. which!!! DOCTOR

December 06, 2012

December 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Deez

Omnibenevolent? Nope.

December 6, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ERk

And your not so big .... TWANG! Life is unfair....

December 6, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  19. MoldSurvivor

I'm very sorry to hear what Frankie Muniz is experiencing. I too had stroke-like symptoms at a very young age and fortunately was able to get the right testing done and see specialists and found out I have mycotoxins in my system from working in water-damaged building. Since being on treatment I am am better and my neurological function is exponentially better! When I do have reexposure I experience blurred vision, slurred speech, numbness and tingling in my hands and forearms, as well as loss of feeling in my left leg and foot. If only more people knew of the effects of mold exposure on human beings!!! Google Ted Nugent and mold or Erin Brokovich and mold.

December 6, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  20. you think so huh ...

December 6, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Cpt. Jack

A brewskie a day keeps the strokes away!
    So drink up me hearties!
    Yo Ho!

December 6, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  22. DARNELL

Ozzy Osborne used to speedball heroin/cocaine and once even snorted live ants. He's never had a stroke tho, weird.

December 6, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  23. Headacheexpert

Could be a migraine.....

December 6, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  24. manyote

27?!!! Yikes!!! There's no round trips dude!

December 6, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  25. AwardWinningWoman

you said that yesterday - that's why your blogger customers yawn

December 6, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  26. well dear...

it was 2 years and the time had come...i like to save myself for the person who doesn't do bad things all the time...
    i don't mind danger but yucky stuff towards me doesn't get the jeans to go down south...it just give me
    pastie mouth...i'm new to it again but i deserved it like i deserve the next 4 days.

December 6, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  27. Rock

Im pretty sure if I was bangin her, I'd be overcome with an extreme case of making my O face

December 6, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  28. I'm having a drink at my luncheon today...

i'm so happy...436 people are coming to see me today...wow.

December 6, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  29. Have a drink!

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.

December 6, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • No thanks

I feel sorry people who drink. When they go to bed, they know they have to wake up in the morning . . .

December 6, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • jon

Drinking has been shown to be a good thing. Teetotalers are usually in bad shape – especially mentally.

December 6, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • manyote

"God made beer to be enjoyed one beer every hour. That is why a case is made up of 24 beers." W.C. Fields

December 6, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  30. blah9999

Just start drinking a glass of wine per day. you'll be fine

December 6, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  31. Tell the story again...

thanks

December 6, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  32. Officer?

another example of tampering

December 6, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  33. I am not able to comment about my fathers experience

on CNN...

December 6, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  34. I get a trophy for my services...

you just hack and block...

December 6, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  35. Remember you are nothing

i am something

December 6, 2012 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  36. fiskenmann

@ Medical_Community

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........oops, sorry....you were saying?

December 6, 2012 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  37. Chris

I always laugh when a clean person has problems. They are 9/10 the ones that tell you "You shouldn't do that it's bad for you". Then they go and have issues while never experiencing things. Hmmm

December 6, 2012 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  38. Lindalou

Glad you took the symptoms seriously..so many people don't.

December 6, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  39. Offic-reposted

MASTER INFORMER of all the LESS-INFORMED

Probiotic smagmum is helpful

December 6, 2012 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  40. traptop

camera...yes we new

December 6, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  41. Shikabane Hime

Get well Frank! My husband had a "mini-stroke" aka TIA just 2 yrs ago. Dont get scared of living life afterwards. Hubby is going strong now.

December 6, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  42. glades2

Glad he's doing better – I'm sure they'll check him for diabetes, because actress Dana Hill passed away at age 32 of a stroke due to her diabetic condition, so that's one possibility, but many young adults are not careful with their diet, and as said in the news heart attack and stroke are now seen in much younger patients...

December 6, 2012 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Shikabane Hime

I remember that! My husband has had type 1 since age 8 (almost 30 yrs ago). So that would be a good idea.

December 6, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  43. BubbleUp

He needs to start drinking, smokin' and tokin'. His body is too clean to resist the bugs.

December 6, 2012 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  44. veggiedude

I guess he must be an atheist, because he is happy to be alive and not in heaven with Jesus or with Muhammed. Good for him.

December 6, 2012 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
    • abdullah ablongotta

You're right. See you at work on the 24th and 25th! No holidays for you!!

December 6, 2012 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • What?? haha

Christmas is not a religious holiday to normal people. Religious people MAKE it religious. You can have Christmas without Jesus. I'll not be going to work the 24th or 25th.

December 6, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  45. glades2

Glad he's doing better – I'm sure they'll check him for diabetes, because at his age that could case that to happen. The actress Dana Hill died at age 32 of a stroke due to her childhood diabetes, so it's definitely something to consider...

December 6, 2012 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  46. doh-dah

I don't smoke, drink, or take drugs and I sure am bored.

December 6, 2012 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  47. DH

Considering he bragged he has 30mil on twitter, I think he'll be fine.

December 6, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
    • JB

Yeah, because everybody knows that rich people live forever, dying is for poor folks! FAIL.

December 6, 2012 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  48. MASTER INFORMER of all the LESS-INFORMED

Probiotic smagmum is helpful

December 6, 2012 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  49. abcd1

He is lucky to have it found so quck.I spent 4 years having those minny strokes and it not very fun to be on the recieving end .Before I found out what will take care of them .Mirical pill, was 81 Mg Asprin did the trick for me.

December 6, 2012 at 5:55 am | Report abuse |
  50. mary

I also had a stroke in my early 40's. Mine was caused by small blood clots during surgery.. It is rough, cause sometimes doctors don't think of that right away.. Its hard for the person who has no physical outward symptoms to try to explain what is wrong.. Because knowing exactly what is wrong can be impossible..
    I kept saying "something is wrong".. But could not vocalize the exact thing that was wrong.
    Hope him coming out and speaking about this helps others..Until I had a mri I was having to fight doctors who treated me for depression, anxiety instead.
    But when you are young time is in your favor.. The brain finds other routes and ways to connect..
    It is not hard wired like was first thought..

December 6, 2012 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
  51. Beth

Short stature, TIA at a younge age? I wonder if anyone has looked into Moyamoya?

December 6, 2012 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
    • mary

After I had mine I did a lot of research.. And found that even babies have had stroke. Its not completely unheard of.
      We just have to take each day as it comes and even though it does happen.. Its not likely..
      If it does, when you are young time in on your side.. You can get better.. Many do.. And after a couple years what is left of the effects can be so minimal that you barely notice.. Or not even notice at all..
      The thing that is important is to find out the symptoms, and get to a doctor right away if you ever experience any of them.

December 6, 2012 at 4:50 am | Report abuse |
  52. AFR

He never drank alcohol or smoked yeah right but glad he is ok

December 6, 2012 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
    • uckermanf

I'm 45 and I've never smoked or drank alcohol, either. Nor do I ever intend to. What's your problem with this? Just because most people do something doesn't mean everyone does. Some of us actually have something called self control and exercise our free will to not behave like sheep.

December 6, 2012 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Ding

so by drinking or smoking, one is behaving like a sheep?

December 6, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Srsly

It's hard to find drugs and alcohol when you're so high up on your horse isn't it.

December 6, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • d00d

uckermanf, what you are exercising is not self-control since you've never tried it. That would be like if I said I've never once eaten cake because I have self control, but I don't know what it tastes like so there is no temptation to eat it.

What you are exercising is fear, or narrow-mindedness. There are probably lots of you things you haven't tried. And people who are unwilling to live outside of their comfort zones are usually rather sheltered and ignorant about the world.

December 6, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Kev

Hey U R not malcom:) So it can't be when u and Reese tasted all that out-dated foods at the fridge. I live here in AZ. Call on Yehoshua-JESUS and he will take care of U. Me I love Yeshua-JESUS. So u'all thats me and here in United States are lots of people loving too much talk shows.Truly love one another? Lest The Almighty comes and stikes the earth with a curse. Ezekiel 16:49 Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fulness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50 And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me; therefore I took them away as I saw fit. Praying for U man!

December 6, 2012 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  54. LastoftheZucchiniFlowers

I strongly suggest this young man's neurologists test him for CADASIL/Notch 3 defect in Chromosome 19. It used to be thought of as a rare risk factor but with the advent of genetic testing, more and more 'atypical' strokes in younger people are being found to be due to this autosomal dominant genetic predisposition. When there is not overt risk factor 'hyoertention/obesity/Tobacco/ETOH), look to Notch 3 defects....

December 6, 2012 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • smartypants

Neurologist? Neurologists don't do that, endocrinologists do.

December 6, 2012 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
    • carla

Thank you LastoftheZucciniFlowers! I have CADASIL and your advocacy of testing for this neurovascular genetic disease is exactly what we need to spread awareness and help save lives. As you said, this disease should always be considered in young adults who get TIAs and strokes in the absence of typical risk factors. The test is easy, just a simple blood draw.

To smartypants, endocrinologists specialize in hormones, neurologists specialize in the brain, including stroke and neurovascular disorders such as CADASIL.

December 6, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Anne

CADASIL should definitely be considered by his neurologist. It is often misdiagnosed as MS and other conditions. It is also more prevalent than previously thought. Please go to cadasilassociation.org or the CADASIL Support group on FACEBOOK for more info.

December 6, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  55. Ricky

Too much fatty Puerto Rican food from abuelita?

December 5, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  56. njduck

A lot of people who don't drink, smoke, or take drugs do other things that are terrible for them, such as eating real poor, not so much fast food as NO food or suck down 'Energy Drinks' like Red Bull all day long.

December 5, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jake

As a person who doesn't drink, smoke, or do drugs, ever, I just want to say that I don't eat crap food or down Red Bull all day long.

December 6, 2012 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
    • doh-dah

I don't smoke, drink or do drugs and I sure am bored.

December 6, 2012 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  57. Inside

Frankie...never done drugs? hahahahahaha

there's a cat without any hair that lives in Hollywood that know better...long story...but trust me...dude's gone facedown into a mirror more than once in his life.

December 5, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • krozar

Haha no kidding. However eating fatty food is more likely to give you a stroke than the occasional coke splurge.

December 6, 2012 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  58. iBod

Wow! So glad he is okay.

Take it easy, Frankie. Best wishes on your recovery.

December 5, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  59. we're gone...bore as usual....

congrats if your still here....enjoy tonight....

December 5, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  60. people can talk in person....

they don't need a dumb site like this

December 5, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • justin

then why did you just use a website like this to spread your message?

December 6, 2012 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  61. rightherepuppett

i love a man who can never stop right ladies....

December 5, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Dan

Who is the chick in the picture? I'd like to stroke her.

December 5, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  63. GonzoG

A clean living 27YO has a stroke and Kieth Richards keeps going and going and going.

December 5, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  64. yvgeny

I had the same thing in January 2012. Same one eye stopped working. It's a killer. My bp was 230/130. The solution is weird, gotta breathe slower, much slower to solve it. Google Buteyko for details. I'm alot better, but still working at it. My condolensces. A major stroke is next if you do nothing. Anyone who knows of a stroke or heart attack victim who was very young for a major medical event, it's likely this was the reason.

December 5, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Nicko

Maybe it's time to have that drink, Frankie. It'll lower your blood pressure and could save your life

December 5, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Ben

Again? The headline scared me because this happened 5 days ago and CNN only reports on it December 5? It's OK to use past tense CNN. "Frankie Muniz has mini-stroke" 5 days after the fact makes it seem like he had a second one.

December 5, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  67. ericgoestoholland

When you have a TIA, which is what a "mini-stroke" is, it isn't always the result of something that can be considered your fault. Lots of things can make people susceptible to these, so Mr. "I've never had a sip of alcohol" probably doesn't have to worry about making any major changes to his life style. That said, I wish him the best of luck with his health and hope he never experiences it again.

December 5, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Dr. Jazzie...

its a matter of keeping the arteries open...that's the key to avoiding a stroke...the veins in your body have to be open...your main artery is on the left side....if you do not seek medical attention you will die.

December 5, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  69. M.D.

next step trans oesophageal echo cardiogram for this actor. Closing the atrial septal defect in my 39 year old son with a stroke has resulted in no more migraine and a endurance cyclist. its now x 7 years.

December 5, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Jazzwoman

most of these blogs are the same information....when its comes to strokes i would make sure you are clear
    with you doctor on what to do. there many different medications for stroke. i know someone show
    had a mild stroke in his eye and did not know it until he went to the eye doctor....

please please always go to your doctors.

December 5, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  71. KI

I had a stroke at 27. It was due to a previously undiagnosed ASD (atrial septal defect – a hole in the heart). The vortex caused by the hole allowed small clots to form, and be thrown to the brain through the hole. All my life I battled migraines. After the stroke – though I had no permanent effects, I would not call any stroke a "mini" stroke – a starflex device put into my heart through a cath procedure sealed up the hole and I haven't had a migraine in the 10 years since. In the hospital I was questioned privately about my drug use (none) and alcohol use (normal) until the cause was found, but this was to properly treat me.

December 5, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Dude in Colorado

If I had that girl on my arm at 27 I'd have had a "mini-stroke" too! Take it easy, Frankie, and look for a good script to keep your career alive as well!

December 5, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Bob

If he a good drink a day, he'd be fine. Smoke a cigar too. (RIP Mr. Burns)

December 5, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  74. adamthefirst

That's what happens when you take drugs.

December 5, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bon

""I've literally to this day, never had a sip of alcohol in my life. I've never had any drugs, I've never even smoked a cigarette," Muniz said."

READING. Please Google it.

December 5, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • CharlieBusa

...Not even 30 years old and stroked out..... Maybe you should stop smoking the cocaine.....

December 5, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • ericgoestoholland

@CharlieBusa: It's not always a person's "fault" when it comes to strokes or TIAs. For example, I had a friend who had a stroke due to acquiring an initially undiagnosed type II diabetes, and no, this was not an overweight individual.

December 5, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • jim

It's too bad this guy put cocaine and alcohol ahead of his health. Come on Frankie, give up the hard-partying lifestyle and start exercising. Believe me, there's no better drug than the high you get from a good workout.

December 5, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Jim, how about the high you get from actually reading the article you're commenting on? He doesn't drink or do drugs.

December 5, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  75. GH

If indeed it was, as Tim Greer describes, a migraine, it would make sense. I've had that migraine too, about 3 times in my life. Not only did I become aware that I wasn't making sense when I spoke, but when a person standing with me spoke to me, in my ear it sounded like the same gibberish. The second time I had this migraine, I tried talking extremely slowly - literally one word at a time - and asked the person with me to speak just as slowly. Only then did he make sense in my ear, and I was able to make sense to him.

December 5, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Tim Greer

I've experienced these before. Some worse and some better than others. Some really bad, and all are horrifying. This is a migraine. You lose vision in one or both eyes, parts of your body go numb (one or both sides, or various limbs), and you can't remember how to speak or read. Luckily, they resolve themselves over time (sometimes hours, sometimes it's days). It's one of the worst things I can imagine going through. These migraines happen and it's unknown why to doctors, though they have theories. It's not about drugs or alcohol for many people, and it's not about being unhealthy either. What triggers them could be anything or it could be nothing. Anything from bright lights, smoke, food additives, loud noises, allergies, stress, etc. It's difficult to explain what it's like to be aware, but unable to think or communicate. I truly feels like you're going to die, even if you've had them before. Worse is that this will happen to him again. Few to none experience this only once and those are the lucky one's of the people that have them. I've had about 7 of these over 15 years or so, anywhere from 6 months to 4 years apart from each other, and I've met or spoke with people that had this same thing happen to them several times as well.

December 5, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Careful

Careful – that doesn't sound like atypical migraines, that sounds like an undiagnosed arteriovenous malformation. Time-bomb. Unless it's been absolutely ruled out, you need to ask you physician some serious questions.

December 5, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • ericgoestoholland

right on. great comment. one of the few that probably identifies with the described condition.

December 5, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • not careful

CAREFUL –
      you have no idea what you are talking about. neurologic deficits from migraines happen all of the time. of course, workup is needed to exclude an underlying lesion or stroke. however, to say that this set of symptoms sounds like an undiagnosed AVM (which can present in various ways including with intracranial hemorrhage or seizures) makes no sense at all. why would you specifically mention a vascular malformation as an etiology of these symptoms?

December 5, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dr. B

As an Emergency Physician, I would tend to agree with you. His age, and no risk factors, I would suspect complex migraine . That said, I would still get an MRI and MRA of his brain to exclude vasculitis, ischemic stroke, MS, etc. He also needs an echo to exclude a PFO (small hole in the heart) or clot, and a hypercoagulability workup to exclude a predisposition to clotting. I would avoid a CT scan so as not to expose him to radiation. I hope it was just a complex migraine for his sake.

December 6, 2012 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
  77. Andrew

Live every single day like it is your last, though you do not have to abuse yourself or others doing it. Plus all things in moderation you don't have to be a bible thumper to know that.

December 5, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Carolyn Weiss

I had a TIA several years ago, and it was very scary. My body went numb from my left foot to the left side of my face. But it only last a couple of minutes. My doc did a CAT scan and all was well with my gray matter. Yeah, those are serious, and seriously scary. Always get it checked out if you have one.

December 5, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  79. InMyHappyPlace

FRANKIE!! You are way too young and way too handsome to be leaving us already!! Stick around. Get healthy and take care of yourself please. Take it from a person that had a heart attack at 42 that was within minutes of being the end. Life is FAR from over for you!!

December 5, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  80. pazke

No self respecting neurologist would use the term "mini-stroke".

December 5, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mo

And you hung up your shingle when? FYI, on our dearly departed relative's death certificate it showed "mini stroke" plus
      other things....get a clue! Sorry Frankie Muniz, check your diet.

December 5, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • InMyHappyPlace

Well he is still here to tell us about it and he is not a vegetable so I would say a mini stroke is a good description.

December 5, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • ericgoestoholland

eh. "mini-stroke" is a commonly used and accepted layman's term for "transient ischemic attack" or TIA, which, like with stroke, occurs when blood supply (and therefor oxygen) is temporarily cut off from a part of the brain. It's general nature is like stroke, but it occurs on a smaller scale and is often chronic (and is not as likely to cause the kind of permanent damage that a stroke may cause). For those wishing to investigate, the may clinic has a nice little summary here: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/transient-ischemic-attack/DS00220

December 5, 2012 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Tea-Totalling isn't Healthy

Maybe THAT is the problem!

December 5, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • InMyHappyPlace

I don't know about the cigarette but there is nothing wrong with a touch of the booze every now and again. My cardiologist asks me if I've had a touch of the red wine daily to keep me healthy and happy.

December 5, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Solo

You mean teetotaling. Anyways that could be the issue but we should leave that to the experts.

December 5, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  82. J

Sounds like Malcom needs to start drinking and smoking weed.

December 5, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  83. MASTER VADOR

I had a stroke once when I saw a dirty magazine....but I was young back then and easy to trick!!!

December 5, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  84. gahh

You would think somebody who has never had a cigarette or alcohol, would never have something like this happen to them. Somebody who is 27 years old, having a stroke, it's shocking. Just shows, you bettered live everyday like it's your last.

December 5, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • well

If you're gonna have a mini stroke at 27, might as well start doing drugs, drinking and smoking... he's missing out...

December 5, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  85. bigfoot

My advice is: Start drinking and start smoking TODAY.

December 5, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  86. PigBodine

He sounds like one boring guy

December 5, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • "Pig" is a Perfect Name for You

And everyone would agree that you sound like one colossal d o u c h e.

December 5, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Hitman212

It is probably due to the stress of his father having cancer and cooking meth for a living....wait, think I'm blurring reality and TV again.......

December 5, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Inky

I think he overheated and his helmet was on too tight.

December 5, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Kensi

My father had a "mini stroke" or Transient Ischemick Attack as the doctors called it earlier this year and exhibited all the same symptoms as Muniz. It was very scary as my father new that something was wrong and was fully coherent but could speak only gibberish. Thankfully, there were no lasting effects and he's not had anything since, but the docs told him to cut down on the alcohol (he likes his wine), increase his blood pressure medicine dosage, and take one baby aspirin a day. So far so good. Hoping this was an isolated incident for Muniz.

December 5, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  90. huskiemom

He looks like Master Billy Quiz Boy from The Venture Bros.!!!!!

December 5, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  91. bubba threatening he's gay lover

about money again..

December 5, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  92. definately nerve damage

can cause stroke...you have to watch your nerves and stay stress free as much as possible.

December 5, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  93. careful of you nerves...

that causes nervous breakdown and stroke.

December 5, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  94. laurab68

Here's the part about people I don't understand. Why does it take something like diabetes, a heart attack or in this case a "mini" stroke for people to realize they need to start taking care of themselves. Why not be proactive and take care of yourself from the start thus having a better chance of not having to go through something like this??? It's so simple yet people think they can continue to hurt their bodies by eating mountains of fast food and drinking gallons of soda and not have it cross their minds that our bodies were never designed for this crap....the human race for the most part is designed to destroy ourselves. It's sad really,

December 5, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • dangle13x

You mean like how hes never had a sip of alcohol, drugs, or a cigarette in his life? Or are you insinuating that he is a fat, diabetic slob? Or are you just one of those losers that push your beliefs on lifestyle on others because you have nothing better to do? I'll assume the latter. Tell me how to live my life. I'll be waiting here with a beer and a smoke.

December 5, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • speaking of bear and cigs...

i may hang out for a bit tonight !!!!!! hahahaha

December 5, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • opps sorry i mean't beer and cigs...

December 5, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • laurab68

I am insinuation nothing Dangle, I will leave you to do that. Nor did I say he was any sort of fat diabetic slob (again that was all you) I am speaking of the general population as a whole.
      If people took better care of themselves and ate properly instead of the fast food nation was have become, then we wouldn't be the fattest nation on the planet.
      I see the theory is lost on you. Enjoy your burger, fries, soda a a smoke chaser. Oh, and your cardiologist called....he's set up your quadruple bypass for next week.

December 5, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • laurab68

And yes Dangle, for your information I do take great pride in taking care of myself. I exercise and eat healthy daily. If I can avoid the myriad of meds my parents take not to mention their waistlines which are out of control, you better believe it's not what I want for my future.
      I don't tell people what to eat as that is their personal choice of what they put in their mouths, but my initial statement holds true.

December 5, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jackson

My father smoked two packs of cigarettes a day for 60 years, and his diet would make most people sick. Yet, he was thin his whole life, and lived to be 78 years old.

People like to think there is a rhyme or reason to it all, but, that isn't always the case.

December 5, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • SixDegrees

Looks to me like he takes care of himself just fine.

People get sick anyway.

December 5, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  95. you too pippa

try to have some good luck next year. 2013

December 5, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Pippa

I wish
    EVERYONE A STROKE OF GOOD LUCK IN 2O13 AND BEYOND:-)

December 5, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  97. hey criss

are you single?

December 5, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  98. there is a migraine coming..

may i have sip of that vodka...

December 5, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  99. The MacTongue

Howdy..

December 5, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  100. nurseLi143

if his MDs gave him the dx of mini-stroke I would believe them more than a guesser with a different diagnosis. Speech, vision and movement are controlled in different areas of the brain. Even if one had stroke like symptoms from a migraine, vascular events in your brain are no joke and smoking avoidance or cessation is recommended for circulation or headaches. My concern is that he said he still has trouble taking a deep breath – there could be more going on and he needs a full work-up for auto-immune, coagulation, cardio-respiratory or other underlying conditions that could worsen or even kill him without investigation / treatment.

December 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • paul

I would hope that his doctors are checking everything out and that he does a NUCLEAR STRESS test. My father has for his whole life suffered from some sort of heart ailment and went through 2 years of mini-strokes but the issue was resolved to a point with surgery to clear up 2 major blockages to his brain and doctor supervision. His brother had the same occurrences but was unsuccessful in catching it in time and had a major stroke.

My younger brother, 40 now but 32 yrs old when it was discovered that he had 2 blocked arteries to his heart and all the normal/everyday stress tests that were done showed no issues even though he was always out of breathe (active sports guy) and tired until they did a NUCLEAR STRESS test which is more conclusive.

Good luck

December 5, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • not careful

Why, why, why do people feel the need to give medical advice in this forum? You may mean well, but without knowing the specifics of the case, it is foolish to say things like he needs a nuclear stress test. A nuclear stress test evaluates cardiac perfusion during exercise induced or pharmacologic induced stress to the heart. It is a valuable test to identify and risk stratify patients with cardiac events. Workup of a TIA is different and talored to the specifics of the individual case (potentially including: imaging of the brain and its vascular supply, echocardiogram to look for cardiac thrombus as a source of embolic disease, laboratory workup to evaluate for an underlying coagulation problem, etc.).

December 5, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Richard Fore

This is why I drink vodka. It is a natural life enhancer.

December 5, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  102. The MacTongue

i'm so happy he's better and must see his doctors for the rest of his life in order to remain healthy and active.

December 5, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  103. eric

Good for him. It's unusual for someone his age to have taken so good care of himself.

December 5, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Sandy

It sounds like he'd better grab some medicinal cannibis, post-haste!

December 5, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Medical Community

sounds jealous in the last couple of paragraphs please read.....i could be wrong.

December 5, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Sue Veeper

Migraines are the worst...

December 5, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Jason Viper

Sounds like a classic TIA (transient ischemic attack). I'd trust the judgement of his doctors who diagnosed a stroke, alot more than than a poster on here saying he had a migraine. I wish him a speedy recovery.

December 5, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  108. i love this young actor and i am so happy he is alive

i truly am. he must take his meds and be healthy the rest or his life...he can do this because he is is only 27!!!!

be careful of migraines...its quite serious...it could lead to other illness..good luck.

December 5, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  109. planning

Like the theme song ends... "life is unfaaaaair."

December 5, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  110. If you have alot of personal problems

try to work on your migraine problem.

December 5, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Migraine's are caused

by alot of personal or work stress - make sure you stay clear of negativity.

December 5, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  112. that's why i remain positive...

and healthy and will be speaking infront of 436 people because i was voted on how wonderful i am...everyone wants a cd of the speech and we are providing that for everyone....the point is be positive don't live like a jealous person...you can have a stroke on jealousy

December 5, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Bubba Smith

It wasn't a "mini-stroke". It was a migraine. He needs to get a new doctor.

I had the same thing when I was about 25. Half my body went numb, couldn't see out of one eye and couldn't string two words together without it sounding like mumbo-jumbo. I had HMO coverage at the time and they were notorious for never letting you see a doctor. When I called and told them what was going on, they put me on hold for about 2 seconds and came back and said they had an appointment for me with a neurological specialist in less than an hour, so I figured it must be pretty serious.

They ran me through all kinds of tests - EEG, EKG etc. Doc came back and said everything looked good and it was just a migraine. That was 25 years ago and it happened 2 or 3 more times after that, but none in the last 15 years.

And yes, I drink and smoke and eat unhealthy food. And I take no prescription meds.

December 5, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • The MacJew

Sorry, but I'm going to have to call B.S. here. Even your story were true, new tests have been created to check for a stroke. Also, the Neurologist would not have ordered an EKG as that deals with the Heart (you would have to have gone to a Cardiologist for that one, Bubba).

December 5, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba Smith

I went to the hospital. They did EKG and EEG. Maybe the neurologist consulted with a cardiologist on the EKG results? They also did a CAT scan, if I remember correctly.

Just like Mr. Muniz, I assumed I was having a stroke when it happened. I didn't even think it was a mini. I was surprised when I found out it was a migraine. I did some research (something apparently a lot of people are averse to) and found out that migraines are not headaches. D'oh! A headache is one symptom of a migraine (and happens to be a symptom that doesn't manifest in my own migraines, except for an occasional dull throb at the very end of it.)

Difference between me and Mr. Muniz is "Net Worth". Doctors can milk a lot of money out of him for the rest of his life. Luckily I was poor when my first one hit, so my doctors were honest with me.

December 5, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Meth is the worst for a massive heart attack

no way...you'll die.

December 5, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Lou Cypher

"I've literally to this day, never had a sip of alcohol in my life. I've never had any drugs, I've never even smoked a cigarette."

Clean livin' will be the death of you.

December 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • drew pfafflin

that's what happens when you get hooked up with bottom of the barrel York PA hipsters.

December 5, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Medical_Community

Looks like he may want to consider cannabis... it's no more or less a 'drug', than an orange, lime, mango or other terpene containing fruit or flower, and the actual cannabinoids in cannabis very closely match the endocannabinoids, which our bodies produce, specifically to keep us healthy.

"Marijuana chemical tapped to fight strokes

By J. Brainard

The breakfast table may someday feature not only orange juice and vitamins but also a more exotic health booster—a compound extracted from marijuana.

Cannabis contains a chemical that can protect cells by acting as an antioxidant, a new study shows. More effective than vitamins C or E, it offers an appealing option for the treatment and perhaps prevention of stroke, neurodegenerative diseases, and heart attacks, the researchers suggest.

However, there's no worry that those who take it will become too stoned to read the morning paper. The compound, called cannabidiol, -doesn't make people high-. "

"Cannabis gives stroke patients hope
      University of Otago
      Friday, 13 April 2007
      Share on email Share on print

New research by University of Otago scientists suggests some mechanisms in the brain targeted by cannabis could become drugs targets to counter brain cell damage after a stroke.

Researchers from the Medical School's Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology have been the first in the world to show the cannabinoid CB2 receptor appears in the rat brain following a stroke. Their findings were published recently in the journal Neuroscience Letters.

Dr John Ashton says the CB2 receptor is a protein produced as part of the body's immune response system.

"This response is triggered by stroke and causes the inflammation that leads to damage in the area of the brain around where the stroke has occurred.

"If the inflammation can be stopped or reduced then it offers the hope of reducing the extent of the damage caused by stroke – and CB2 offers a potential target for such a drug."

(Our bodies, when healthy, produce endocannabinoids very similar in both physical structure and function, to the cannabinoids in cannabis. Both sources promote long life, and physical and neurological health, and too much of either can make you feel 'funny'! Some people can even 'get high' off their own bodily chemicals, with enough training, but especially those patients whose bodies produce insufficient endocannabinoids to maintain good health, they need to consider turning to cannabis. It promotes a sharp mind, and it can prevent cancers, and the onset of illnesses like MS and Parkinson's, and alzheimer syndrome.)

This is why -cannabis users tend to outlive non-users-, and it is why cannabis users, as they age, also display less severe and fewer overall instances of age-related illnesses such as alzheimer syndrome, Parkinson's, cancers, arthritis, and other illnesses.

Google Granny Storm Crow's Medical List, and BadKittySmiles, to see what medical cannabis can do for you! If you are on almost any toxic pharmaceutical prescription, cannabis very likely can improve your life, and may even entirely eliminate the need for the synthetic chemicals you are on now.

December 5, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim Greer

As much of a fad as it is to say, cannabis wouldn't help prevent or treat a migraine like this (which is what it is). I suffer from these every couple of years or so, and I've known of people that have tried everything, including people that smoke pot a lot, and even they said it didn't help at all. I'd do anything to prevent or treat these, but in the end the doctors can only give me demerol or morphine to knock me out while the worst of the symptoms exist.

December 5, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  116. MH

I had a major stroke at an early age (complete paralysis, couldn't speak,etc). After blood testing it was determined that I have Anti-phospholipid Antibody Syndrome and a very high factor viii. This is an auto-immune disease for which there is no cure, only prevention. I have to take anti-coagulant therapy (daily warfarin) for the rest of my life and be tested for the rest of my life. Needless to say, I will need medical care for the rest of my life.

It may have nothing to do with his lifetyle or stress. I never smoked or drank either. My job is about as stessful as anyone else's. He won't really know what caused it until the tests are back.

I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

December 5, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  117. Kcordius

I will pray for you and your family, Frankie got get full testing my sister was 16 when she had a mini stroke it was a blood condition and to this day she has to take blood thinner. you need to find out cause some food even healthy one can cause the blood to thicken like spinach i think she told me but im not sure but Stress is the number one problem on this planet today which cause health problem.

December 5, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  118. al moran

I told Frankie what to take to prevent that! Maybe now you'll listen, it's all natural!
    323.333.7773

December 5, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  119. Dr. J

This is not common but it is still scary. I try to mix some heart healthy food into my diet. Some food can scrub your arteries clean and lower cholesterol....Apples, red grapes, almonds, garlic, fish oil, red wine/grape juice and other fruits and veggies. Although Frank mentioned he never used drugs, we do not know what his diet was like especially while traveling with a band and during the television years + stress. I know he is only 27 but the lack of exercise and clean diet could have hurt. Again, not common. I recently read the French culture should have a much higher rate of heart attack from the high fat cheese the eat consistently but they do not because of the red wine consumption, good to know.

December 5, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Den

Actually its VERY common lately and its now what someone eats, its not what someone drinks or smokes, its stress levels and genetics no matter how doctors try to fear monger us into a healthier lifestyle.

December 5, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr. J

Den, I did not realize this had become very common. I agree stress could play a big part. But again back to red wine or a nice craft beer, in moderation, it lowers stress, is heart healthy, and could thin the blood a bit. But I hope more research is done regarding the genetic factor.

December 5, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr. J

Diet is a huge factor. Deep fried food, pizza, donuts, and all junk food, lack of sleep, stress all punish the heart. It might not be the main factor in Frank's case but I still say its good to mix in some health food, can't hurt.

December 5, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  120. Feej

Once again proving that you can lead the most healthy lifestyle on earth, and still get sick. Of course big brother would not have us believe this.. because they want to control our habits. All I can say is do what makes you feel good, and realize that ALL ILLNESS Is genetic. You cant get healthy by quitting drinking or smoking, if you are going to get sick you are going to get sick no matter WHAT you do.

December 5, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Guest2

Your last two sentences are factually false. Not ALL illnesses are genetic: some are and some are not. There are certain behaviors that will affect your health when extreme, for instance: lack of exercise, smoking, meth use, etc., etc. Don't be so obtuse.

December 5, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • JeramieH

> ALL ILLNESS Is genetic

Tell that to the bacteria, fungi, and virii that kill millions every year.

December 5, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim Greer

It's irritating to see people make claims like that. Indeed, sometimes you inherit illnesses, and sometimes you are exposed and cause them, but almost all of the time certain things can increase your chances of becoming ill. I personally don't care if people drink or smoke and some that do have never had an illness related, even people that do it a lot, but some definitely have illness that is directly related to their use (or abuse) of certain things.

December 5, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  121. JC

I'm in my early 40s and just had a min-stroke (TIA). I too have an active life free of alcohol, tobacco and drugs. However, an MRI showed a significant narrowing of an artery in my brain (hereditary). The doctors were stroke experts and easily fixed my condition. At 26, Frankie really needs to get to the bottom his condition or he will suffer a recurrence. If he has no arterial problems, then he may have a blood condition that caused a clot. I wish Frankie a speedy and complete recovery.

December 5, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  122. Thanks For the Visit...

Dick....

December 5, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  123. I love me....

sorry dick...but my advice is much better...when your staring in space all day long you will never accomplish anything....

December 5, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  124. Be careful

i'm sorry this happened, please take care of yourself...i wish you all the best.

December 5, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  125. Dick

It seems that the healthy ones bite the dust early. I knew this guy that had just retired. He was in his late 50's. He was the most healthy guy around. He ate right, exercised daily, was always out doing different sports activities, always very healthy & active. Woke up one day, and didn't feel quite right. Had a massive heart attack, and they pulled the plug on him on father's day. So much for the healthy life style. Me, I just try to live in moderation. If I'm going to drop dead tomorrow, I'm going to enjoy today. Good luck, Frankie. Hope things get better.

December 5, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • JeramieH

Sometimes people that exercise that much think they are "above" health concerns. Jim Fixx dropped dead of a heart attack while jogging, while having three heart arteries clogged over 90%.

December 5, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  126. i taught everyone

write things down and produce what you want...it can be done....you do not advise someone to just handle it....
    figure it out and just do it.

December 5, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • abe

list are good. you are a hero to help people. we hope you have a good day.

December 5, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  127. I, Empath

"Start" taking care of his bod @ age 27.

Yeah, bro, you gota lot to do to get caught up.

December 5, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  128. Cotton

Get well soon & get to the bottom of the issue!
    Best of luck & wishes always...
    You are awesome, make it happen!

December 5, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  129. Tim

He's sure got a pretty girlfriend.

December 5, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  130. JT

I'm happy you're alive too man. That's some scary stuff to happen at 26 and while riding your motorcycle to top it all off! I'm pretty impressed he doesn't drink smoke or take drugs – but otherwise what does he need to do to start taking care of himself? Seems like he's already skipping over the vices that hold most of us down. Hope you recover soon and figure out what caused it.

December 5, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Jazzy

That is some scary stuff. He is way too young for something as serious as that happen to him. He sounds like he does take care of himself, but stress can be a huge factor, too. If your life is stressful, you need to learn how to handle it. I'm sure that is on the top of his list now.

December 5, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  131. danaman

Ignorance, thy name is blanketjackson

December 5, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  132. AwardWinningWoman

life is too short–have fun

December 6, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |