Chris Brown ready to start a 'new chapter'
December 4th, 2012

Chris Brown ready to start a 'new chapter'

Chris Brown didn't desert Twitter-land for long.

The singer - who's never ceased sharing photos like this one, where Rihanna sits next to him wearing just a blanket and underwear, or this one, where he smokes something he refers to as "medicinal" - has returned to his Twitter account.

Brown deactivated the account after a crude and rude spat with comedian and writer Jenny Johnson the weekend following the Thanksgiving holiday.

But by Monday, December 3, Brown was ready to "seize the day." He posted on Tuesday, "Time to start fresh. #newchapter."

While Brown and Rihanna have clearly renewed their bond - if it isn't Brown posting a photo of the two of them, it's Ri - it doesn't appear that Johnson is as eager to re-engage.

The comedy writer expounded on the Twitter fight that captivated headlines and TV screens in GQ. She wasn't apologizing, she wrote, but she did want to clear the air.

While claiming responsibility for initiating the back-and-forth, Johnson said that it was not an attention grab, or an attempt to stand up for Rihanna, who was assaulted by Brown when they were dating back in 2009.

"I won't say I regret what I did, but I will say I have learned from it. I chose to turn a lazy Sunday watching football with my husband into a total s***storm," Johnson wrote. "I've had people assume I dislike Chris Brown because I'm taking up for Rihanna, I'm not. I'm on the side of good, of equality and respect for my fellow woman. I was raised to not respect a person who doesn't respect others. And one human being physically harming another human being is one of the most disrespectful acts there is."

In the end, her tweets are meant to be funny, she said, and while that Sunday "certainly was not my finest hour, here we are."

And, as Johnson points out to Brown's fans, the singer never wiped out his Instagram account, where he shares images under the name, F***YoPictures.

Filed under: Celebrities • Chris Brown

1. len kick watch

December 23, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. fast.

thanks.

December 23, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. we love you chris brown!!!! (photo above)

kid just emailed CB fan club and asked if the real cb could do the number with us someday
    these kids are a scream....then she said how about for your 50th we get the real CB and do it.

51 crooze said ...do they know we are old fly girls and boys!!!

December 23, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. danceseniormachines..

the little running part beauti peeps....we have to stick close-utah stage is not huge..this kids are screaming
    since this morning called the ole timers 500 times..freaking out, happy....our CB is freaking out....he's quite the rubber band....wonder if he will head to the dance world..mom said as long as grades are up he can dance...we go up 8–like i said lets analyze this version, meet with parents and maybe use this one on u toob.

December 23, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. utah

beautiful people segment where he bends down in the beginning of the song...this time we will all do that...
    bull stage is not that big...ha! order case of bengay..thank you...fruit stand. thanks.

December 23, 2012 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. we had the honor of performing forever..

we did something similar to the dancing with the stars performance where we had our young teen dancers have their moment in the beginning of the song....and "our chris brown" slid back to the stage to escort the ole timers we jumped out at the audience and they went berserk with applause. we want to thank everyone for another fantastic day and to the young dancers who put up with the ole dancers.....we love guys you were an inspiration to us - watching you dance and giving the ole timers our teenage years back.....we will numb from the neck down for another 2 weeks....but it was worth every second. thank you teens and thank you Chris Brown for the giving the world a fun song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 9, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • oh

the best of part of the number for me was the second part beautiful people....i 'm watching it right now and we still
      can't figure out how we did it!!! where is my knee cap ...oh there it is! lolol

December 9, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. AwardWinningWoman

maybe someday when chris keeps his mouth closed in order to keep it open.
    i am leaving the site...(truth)...it truly is a yawner.

December 6, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  8. 4443 HOW DO YOU DO....

Rihanna is basically a loser...chris brown needs mental assistant for his drug use....he will remain with her
    because he probably feels there is no choice and basically will role with the punches because he also
    does not want to better himself as a man and will be stuck with her....

point is they both need to get away from each other they do not function well...they are both weak minded
    people are basically cowards.

December 6, 2012 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. MADONNA WINS

Rihanna is like lint...you just brush her off your suit and get rid of her.......Chris Brown can't stand up to her so the only way he can handle her is to get coked up and beat her up.....good work Rihanna..if you boyfriend is out of his mind trashed....don't get in the car...duh

December 6, 2012 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. rihanna

is a 4443 loser...end of story.

December 6, 2012 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
  11. I WIN A TROPHY FOR WHAT I DO FOR PEOPLE...

AND YOUR A HACKER....4443...LETS SEE WHO WOULD I VOTE FOR? GEE THAT'S A HARD ONE....

December 6, 2012 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  12. reposted.

Dash

@TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Love how you try to use the lame excuse of watering down their heinous crimes because the poor poor men of their own doing were taking drink and drugs, like that will stand up in court, and regardless of what you say they are still idolized and their criminal past is rarely brought up at every opportunity so your wrong.

Well defend these men then with your racial double standards: Michael Fassbender who broke his ex-girlfriend nose (I suppose he was drinking right) Eminem beat his ex, Sean Penn who beat Madonna, Christian Bale who assaulted his sister and mother, Nick Carter who beat Paris Hilton etc etc etc "What you gonna do? Claim they were ALL drinking and off their head, then go right back to bashing Chris Brown claiming some sort of moral high ground following the masses like a sheep because its "cool" whilst ignoring your people (whites) who beat the cr*p out of their women – Never any words of condemnation from you so called "domestic violence activists" ALWAYS excuses.

December 6, 2012 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  13. TOPTRAP....PUPPETS2TROPHYIMP

you lose i win....you are nothing i am something...you are a hacker that does nothing all day....I GET A TROPHY
    for representing who i am.....you are nothing-–i am higher then you are...you are low, i am not–
    you are low...i am not.....i win...you lose

done officers..thanks

December 6, 2012 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  14. can you believe she's married woman

what a child

December 5, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. SoSoulful

WHY DOES EVERYTHING CB OR RIH RIH DO MAKE THE NEWS?!?!?!?! It is NOT THAT DEEP PEOPLE!!! Dang...like yall would report if he sneezed and she said bless you. I've never seen people go so hard on a person they CLAIM they don't like. If you don't like him or his music OR if you don't like her or her music....STOP COMMENTING!!!! Do something constructive with yourself. Like I've said on other post and in conversations with other people. If the victim is able to FORGIVE the person that caused harm to them...THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!!! I wish CB and Rih Rih the best of luck and positive outcome for there personal and professionals lives.

December 5, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • All Knowing

It makes news because it shows how stupid these people are to even be in the same room. Duhhhhh. And obviously you care or you wouldn't 1)Comment and 2)post a response!

December 5, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • mind your own business when someone blogs

you do not own the blogs...stop being jealous of other peoples blogs that have nothing to do with you

December 5, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • SS2

@All Knowing – That's the whole point of the blog and at the end of my statement I made my comment in reference to what the blog was talking about. The other part of mine response is to reference the other ppl and probably yourself on going so hard on a person that they call stupid, dumb, useless, etc...

December 6, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • SS2

@mind your own business when someone blogs – HA! NEVER JEALOUS HUN...BELIEVE THAT! That's why ppl blog to get ppl to comment and to share there opinions you smart person you!! I never stated that I did own the blogs I was merely leaving my comment. I see your only purpose was to come here and bring your negative energy. I'm all for the discussion and I know that everybody is not going to agree or disagree with the points being made but it can be done in a RESPECTFUL manor....or was that something you weren't taught.

December 6, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Doesn't really know how to speak to women...

he just screams at them...

December 5, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • comment has nothing to do WITH YOU....

mind your own business......it was a joke

December 5, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  17. don't spit on yourself...

that's low self esteem...

December 5, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jealous

Jealous–

December 5, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jane

to ;p; – you are 100% correct.

December 5, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Stop Being Unhappy

stop being jealous, that holds you back...
    go make your list of goals you want to accomplish in your life – i have to complete my speech for tomorrow–i'll check in later to see your lists....

December 5, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Stop Being Unhappy

come up with 1 or 2 things for 2013 you would like to accomplish for you personally. forget about the world for the moment....this is about all of you.

December 5, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  21. Wonder how women who have been slapped

are dealing with their reunion....

December 5, 2012 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  22. jesse

Little girly man talking again? poor little man, poor little old looking little man.

December 5, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  23. did we make our list yet?

come on now...there must be something you want in your future....married or not...come on....

December 5, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  24. jamal dear.

my married friends are reaching their goals with children, work etc...make a list of what you want to accomplish and figure it out. if your wife is lazy you need to question her why she is lazy.....being married should never stop man
    or woman's goals...list list list.

December 5, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Jamal

I need to make her a list. She needs to get off the couch and fix me some ribs and collard greens. And fetch me some malt liquor.

December 5, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  25. I love myself.....

i wish chris was there to see me get my award and have a drink with the other record co. ceo's....it would have been so nice.

December 5, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  26. There she be...

shut off

December 5, 2012 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  27. He was coked up and she was aware of it...

TAXI!!!

December 5, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  28. rudie

mentally retarded and crippled?...that's negative talk chris brown would never do that.

December 5, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Flash

@derp He had one fight with one woman four years ago...let it go hater

December 5, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Dash

@Derp – Is Chris Brown the only person you people despise like he is the ONLY celeb who's beaten a woman?? do you even care that Hollywood is a swarming with woman beaters or do you just care about Chris Brown because he is in the spotlight?

Where is your comments condemning other celebs... lets see them.

December 6, 2012 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
  29. Marriage

has nothing to do with your goals.

December 5, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Jamal

Yeah. It' about the woman whining and being all lazy and trying to get me to drink my Kool-aide warm cause she too lazy to put it in the refrigerator.

December 5, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  30. Poor Jamal...

you need to make a goal for yourself of what you want and how to juggle your life. now. take a pen and paper and write down your responsibilites and how you can work around them so you will get the goal in life you want. it could be a work goal a fun goal. write everything down and make a plan. its quite simple.

December 5, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Jamal

I'm just sayin I works hard and when I gets home I want my woman to have me a baloney sanwich and fresh Kool-aide ready. She can at least put it in the refirigerator. Not leave it out on the table where it get all warm. Nobody like warm Kool-aide.

December 5, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  31. PaperMan

stresses and responsibilities does not meaning having to be held back.

December 5, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jamal

I gets up in the morning and go to work while my woman stay home and watch Oprah and her stories. Sometime I want to stay home too. It hard being a man.

December 5, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  33. Jamal

It hard being a black man these days. We gots stresses and responsibilities.

December 5, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  34. I hope the poor dear

figures out his new chapter soon, he's way too much of a talent and rihanna holds him back

December 5, 2012 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  35. Laquanda

Notice the only ones dissing him are whites. They are just jealous.

December 4, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Laquanda

He is a hero. I hope all our young African Americans will emulate him. Rich, famous, and tallented.

December 4, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

You forgot to mention these qualities of his: unintelligent, amoral, unethical, cowardly woman beater

December 5, 2012 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Dash

@TriumphTheInsultComicDog
      A bit like Charlie Sheen or Ozzy Osbourne, John Lennon who whites idolize, get off Chris Browns d&*% and go and chastise all the other Hollywood woman beaters who you people ignore!

December 5, 2012 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
    • msindependent

Ms Laquanda,

It has nothing to do with whites hating on him because they are jealous. As a woman of color its more about comon sense. This man committed an act of domestic violence. He was charged in California, who by the way has the harshest domestic laws in the country, and had to complete thier program and do probation. How do I know??? I work in the work. You should pray that Chris Brown has learn something from his treatment. This does not make him a hero to the black community. What your saying is young men should look up to him. SHould they beat the girl too? Look at Belcher he killed his girlfriend and himself. THey had issues for years. This could have been Chris Brown and Rhi. Remember that when your praising him!

December 5, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

@Dash: "A bit like Charlie Sheen, or Ozzy Osbourne, John Lennon who whites idolize" Thanks for so readily revealing your racial prejudice so readily. Now we all know what an unintelligent bigot we're dealing with. Charlie Sheen: Comes off as doped and out of his mind half the time. Also has a history of domestic abuse. Not someone who should be idolized. Ozzy Osbourne: Did so much drugs and drank so much alcohol (probably still drinks) that quite frankly it's surprising he's lived through it. Also has a history of domestic abuse. Not someone who should be idolized. John Lennon: I'm just not even going to go there. I refuse to lower myself to the level of trampling on a dead man's grave. You may be ok with it, and if you are it just shows a lack of morality on your part. "get off Chris Browns d&*%" I'm about as far from that as one can possibly be. In fact since your defending him I'd say it's probably you who's on board for that ride. So you see, I couldn't care less for the man because of what he does. Race has nothing to do with it. And if you think he is someone who should be idolized, then you are just being flat out ignorant.

December 6, 2012 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

@msindependent: Thanks for bringing such a well thought out, common sense based reply to the topic. You're truly a breath of fresh air.

December 6, 2012 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Dash

@TriumphTheInsultComicDog

December 6, 2012 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

@Dash: "Love how you try to use the lame excuse of watering down their heinous crimes". Watering down??? Uh, no. I did not attempt to diminish their acts in any way in my reply. What I did do was acknowledge their abusive pasts and list more reasons why they should not be idolized. "like that will stand up in court" Said as if I was defending them in any way at all, which clearly I wasn't. "and regardless of what you say" My opinion, though it may not change the facts about the people mentioned (which i haven't even attempted to do anyway), is still every bit as relevant as yours whether you like it or not. "they are still idolized" Sadly that's probably true and they shouldn't be idolized just as Mr Brown shouldn't be. "and their criminal past is rarely brought up at every opportunity" Probably because, for the most part, they don't give people reasons to do so. Unlike Mr Brown who evidently likes to take pictures of himself smoking 3 joints and would like to s–t in the eye of a woman "right on the retina". "so your wrong" A laughable attempt at claiming victory when you're not even close. "Well try to defend these men with your racial double standards" What double standards??? As i said before, I've made no attempt to defend them, nor will I attempt to defend the people you just mentioned. You on the other are defending Mr Brown and yet condemning all these white people for having comitted the same crime as Mr Brown. Looks like it's you who has the racial double standard. "What you gonna do? Claim they were ALL drinking and off their heads then go back to bashing Chris Brown" Again as I've said before, I'll not be defending them. They did what they did and should have to live with the consequences of their actions. Just as Mr Brown has and should. "claiming some sort of moral high ground" I like to take the moral high ground as opposed to the immoral, unethical, low road. You'd be wise to do the same. "following the masses like a sheep because it's "cool"". That's rich coming from someone who's defending a current popular music star. "whilst ignoring other people (whites) who beat the cr*p out of their women" I've not ignored them. I've professed my opinion in regards to them and will continue to do so as is my right for anyone who does such a detestable act in the future. "Never any words of condemnation from you" Uh, perhaps you should re-read my posts. I haven't exactly been praising them any. "so called "domestic violence activists"". Never claimed to be one. But thanks for labeling me when you don't even know me. It just shows how myopic your perspective is even further. "ALWAYS excuses" I've offered no excuses. What I have done is state facts, reason, and my opinion. If anyone has made excuses, it's been YOU.

December 6, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  37. ;p;

This douche...what a poser. Brown flounces from twitter for a few days, acts like a little girl, still a no talent wannabe loser.

December 4, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |