A fateful confrontation on 'The Walking Dead'
December 3rd, 2012

A fateful confrontation on 'The Walking Dead'

[Note: This post contains spoilers for the December 2 episode of AMC's "The Walking Dead."]

Going into Sunday night's episode – the last one until February – it was assumed that "The Walking Dead" would go out with a bang.

Before returning to the action in Woodbury, we were introduced to an entirely new group, led by Tyreese, who found their way into the prison basement. They would later be led to the main level by Carl, who locked them up in a separate cell block. Carl has taken a leadership role with Rick out of the picture.

(Speaking of the prison, the less said about Axel's skeevy scene with Beth, the better. Though, Carol put him in his place pretty well.)

On to the main event in Woodbury: Michonne wasted no time separating from the group once she led them to the main wall.

Soon after a creepy moment between the Governor and his walker daughter, he discovered that his town had been invaded.

Meanwhile, Merle and his men were attacked by Glenn and Maggie. Maggie killed one of them with a walker bone-turned-shiv, before the couple were rescued by Rick and crew.

An intense firefight commenced, with Andrea in the middle of it, against the Governor's orders.

Glenn told Daryl that Merle had taken them captive, and Rick had to talk Daryl out of going to his brother.

Oscar lost his life in the firefight, as Rick hallucinated that Shane was coming after him. (We're losing him fast, people.)

Michonne broke into the Governor's apartment, discovering his aquarium of walker heads, and his daughter. She was stopped momentarily by the Governor who begged her not to dispatch his daughter.

After hesitating, Michonne did the deed and it was an all-out, fish tank-busting, eye-stabbing brawl between the two. Andrea stopped it, but the Governor's eye was gone. Michonne made her exit.

She returned to Rick, who spared her life, after she made her case for staying with the group.

Andrea knew the truth about her boyfriend, but there wasn't much she would be able to do about it, as the Governor called a town meeting. He blamed the "terrorist" infiltration on Merle. He then announced that he had captured Daryl as well. The townsfolk called for their deaths as Andrea looked on, horrified.

And that's it for the next two months! This has definitely been the best season so far, and every twist and turn, especially in Woodbury, has kept us coming back.

What will become of the Dixon brothers? Will Andrea turn against the Governor? What will Tyreese's group bring to the mix? We'll see what the second half of the season holds come February 10.

In the meantime, share your thoughts on video or in a comment below.

1. Sylvester's cousin... GOAL

still never got the cool breeze method.

December 11, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. putz2putz

show sucks.

December 6, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. D-man

Feb 10... If I was a betting man I would say. That myril is sent to the prison with his brother directly related to his conversation with the gov... His falling out with the gov is staged to get him in. He will then work from the inside to help the gov take over the prison. Big battle... So that is why they need to build up the ranks. Need people to kill off later.... Kill 3 gain 2... I need my own show... Lol

December 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

This happens in the comic too. someone from woodbury joins the prison, leaves to go tell the gov. where the prison is. Except rick hunts the guy down and beats him to death. So with merle being a character created for the tv show, I think he'll have a change of heart and stay with rick's group.

December 6, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

Remember Merle told the Governor that he killed Michonne, decapitated her, and then lost her head to a walker.
      The Governor doesn't seem the type to let one of his shady underlings lie to him, especially about removing somebody he considered a threat. He expects Merle to die.

December 18, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. poodlegirl

OFF THE HOOK.... INSANE....AWESOMELY GROSS... Can"t wait for February !

December 5, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dianna

Best show EVER!!!!!

December 4, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jimmymackey

Yeeeah, that was a frickin’ fantastic episode! I was sitting there with my mouth gaping open when they showed that Rick really shot Oscar. The eye gouging was pretty cool too. I wish Michonne would have beheaded the Governor’s daughter. I suppose gutting his eye is enough to make him angry enough to send an army after her. When my DISH coworker found out how much I paid for the DVDs every season, he convinced me to just get a DISH Hopper so I can record all of the seasons on its massive hard drive that stores up to 500 hours of HD shows. Now I watch them again to see what things I missed before the next episode comes out. The hiatus doesn’t seem so bad either with the first half of the season to watch again.

December 4, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. all our copies are in color form...

have some pride in your life....when you do it we had it already.

December 4, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. blueisyou

everyone knows you can't act.

December 4, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Varg

It's funny how every time they introduce a new black guy they have to kill the old one off, only room for one black guy on this show.

December 4, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lord

is he cute.

December 4, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  11. Blonde Jeremy

Sorry You Got Turned Into A Zombie (I'll Be The One To Put You Down):
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIaupvsVjko&w=640&h=390]

December 4, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  12. Michelle

What do you think of all the new people at the prison? I bet they join up with Rick's group. The reason is too many characters have already been killed off. I think they'll let members of this new group take the place of those already killed off.

December 4, 2012 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  13. Let's talk about his hand..

tell me more....

December 3, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Prairiedog

Some of these posts are very strange – they don't even make sense. Please write something that relates to the episode or at least be articulate.

December 3, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. you!

if you only kept that mouth shut...it would have been 6 years!!!!!!!! lololol

December 3, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sarah

Too bad the brothers are at odds. What I hope is that they turn on The Gov.Andrea...what point of CRAZY do you not get.Should have shot him in the other eye

December 3, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  17. the 3 way affair...

pretty soon bye bye

December 3, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  18. we know who the crazy people are.

don't worry–ip boss

December 3, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Fistanus

Ah CNN. Where I cant tell whether half the comments are from bots, crazy people, or crazy bots. It's like Blade Runner minus the cool noir feel.

December 3, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean

Seems like to me it is more than half but you are right. Bunch of babbling incoherent posts.

December 4, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Gemma

All the traps are authorized ...now get lost already...nobody cares anymore...you have no power.
    get to work–your a laugh a minute...

December 3, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  21. sal

your just a yawn–your not in control of me...i authorized all the traps...not get lost

December 3, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Now stop this delusional behavior

your taking blogging way too personally...your basically disturbing people who want to have fun...now go look
    for your boyfriend and stop bothering the other bloggers.

December 3, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  23. you have no access to anything...

now stop wasting everyone's time. go waste your boyfriends time...you have wasted enough of eveyone's time.
    you hack into traps–your not hacking for power–

December 3, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Apple2Appple

My household had actually come to hate Andrea. I cannot stand her. Which is stupid, because I love her graphic novel character.
    I'm actually finding that I want her dead by more and more each episode.

December 3, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  25. you went into the fake ebit card account

do you understand your desperate....stop it we cannot stop laughing at you. i get an immediate call
    i got the call after 0876–stop it your desperate.

December 3, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  26. you went into the fake ebit card account

i got the call after 0876

December 3, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. delays delays

i hate delays!!! gotz to start movin again!!!!! hurry up!!!!

December 3, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  28. jaiepicure

I LOVE Walking Dead. I am not sure that Rick is fit to be leader anymore and I always question Andrea beacuse she has not reality perception.

December 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Midge Kardashian

rick's problem.

December 3, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  30. joe

I hope rick loses his hand in the second half of this season. It's a huge part of his character.

December 3, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roger

Robert Kirkman said cutting off Rick's hand is one of his biggest regrets in the comic.

December 3, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Apple2Appple

I believe the actor actually fought to not have his hand cut off. So I believe that they will not cut off his hand, but we shall see. Sometimes they like to throw random things in, and take out random things as well.

December 3, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |