Talk to us about Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'
November 30th, 2012

Talk to us about Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'

Do you remember the time?

Actually, wrong Michael Jackson song. Today marks the 30th anniversary of Jackson's "Thriller" album which went on to be one of the largest sellers of all time and forever changed the world of music videos.

Do you remember where you where when you first heard it? Did you have the album? A "Thriller" or "Beat It" jacket? Can you still moonwalk? Did the "Thriller" video scare you?

Share some of your memories about the pivotal album and the King of Pop below.

Filed under: Music

1. Modem Phone Line Bimbo44

A fashion step up for you.

September 14, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Katy

Michael Jackson is awesome. RIP- recently wrote a post about the thriller album:http://rollingstones500albummarathon.blogspot.com/

September 14, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dean Antrican

ackson is recognized as the most successful entertainer of all time by Guinness World Records. His contributions to music, dance, and fashion, along with his publicized personal life, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades. The eighth child of the Jackson family, he debuted on the professional music scene along with his brothers as a member of The Jackson 5 in 1964, and began his solo career in 1971. In the early 1980s, Jackson became the dominant figure in popular music. The music videos for his songs, including those of "Beat It," "Billie Jean," and "Thriller," were credited with breaking down racial barriers and transforming the medium into an art form and promotional tool. ",:`

Have fun
    <http://caramoan.ph/index.php

July 10, 2013 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  4. She is THEE best in everything

she's been told she's fat on television camera 800 time in the last 3 weeks so hey....good advice i say.

February 25, 2013 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  5. Irishgirl

."...album which went on to be one of the largest sellers of all time "

Yea...and also went on to be THEE biggest seller of all time!

February 25, 2013 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kimberly

Timeless, priceless, beautiful piece of art... history for sure. Michael was a musical genius and his hard work and dedication, as the young age of 24, made an indelible impact in history. Despite the negativity, the shameless remarks, the continued denial of the truth... he continues to be unstoppable! Continuing to break records and leaving the haters shaking heir heads as to how a man such as this remains in the spotlight. Thank you CNN for remembering this day in history!!

December 3, 2012 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  7. 649418154443

the king of pop is dead.

December 2, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Evel Knievel

I remember making my own Michael Jackson doll by setting the hair on my sister's Ken doll on fire.

December 1, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzy

Thanks, Evel. I've had a crappy day, and that made me laugh. Always did like your comments.

December 1, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. 2damnfunny

My sister and I each had our own album because I wouldn't share. We had look a like 'Beat It' and 'Billie Jean' jackets, the Michael Jackson microphone, dolls, books, posters,etc.

The best was going to The Victory Tour.

December 1, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. adriana from Texas

My brother and I put our money together to purchase the cassette tape. I remember I was so proud to be walking around Sears owning it :)

December 1, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  11. Lia

The King's masterpieces are timeless! He will live forever.

December 1, 2012 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  12. Glenda in Texas

I probably watched that video over a thousand times in my lifetime. Also bought the album and still have it even though it's a bit scratched from playing it all the time. LOL. Michael Jackson owned the 80's. He revolutionized music videos even though he preferred to call his videos short films. What an entertainer he was. There will never be anyone like him imo. Love ya Mike!

November 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bagladyboutique

Reblogged this on Bag Lady Boutique.

November 30, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. you wring seniors phones and hang up?

you gotta a war here.....

November 30, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  15. You call youself a jackson

who protects their family - spit

November 30, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  16. see this

fatso is still hacked in

November 30, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  17. MK

I love MJ doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. RIP

November 30, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. GO HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS

AND STAY OUT OF MINE

November 30, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. let's make it clear to the public

1. hacking since july
    2. phone calls, texts, and phones calls to my parents home under the name V
    3. hacking in 3 computers
    4. name revealed that will be it....i have been patient and nice and this is the way a blogger gets treat...chicken
    you wait until names are confirmed. now leave me alone your disgusting and i hate your guts

November 30, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doug

Jimmy D was right, you can’t be half a gangster. For most of the season, Nucky was half a gangster. Wish the seasons were longer, but next will be huge with Capone becoming The Man in Chicago as his boss recently has been dreaming of retirement after a trip to Itay–can’t be half a gangster. Van Alden, you gotta watch out for the quite ones, but as of now, he isn’t even yet half a gangster (his wife on the other hand, don’t mess with her or her family, yikes), but he, too will learn, it’s all or nothing. Gyp is about a gangster and a half. I also love the way they mix in real historical characters and events (last week’s suicide of the Attorney General’s Chief of Staff, actually did happen and Gaston Means was a witness to it).

November 30, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ALWAYS TRYING TO BE NICE

AND I GET THE SHAFT....WHEN I GET THE NAME WHOEVER IT IS THEY WILL BE PROSECUTED

November 30, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  21. thatmedicalguy

The first music video I ever saw was Beat It. I was 5 years old and it was 1994. My cousin lent me this weird Will Smith video with Alvin and the Chipmunks, and I think the video was about the Will Smith and the chipmunks covering songs from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. The first song, I think, on that video was Beat It. That was a fantastic song/video. I remember, as a five year old rewinding back to Beat It every afternoon for 2 weeks. I was so disappointed in giving my video back to my cousin, yet my mom gave me her old thriller album as a present and I wore that thing out! Thriller was the ish (even though I was too scared to watch the Thriller video until I was eight)!

November 30, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Danitra

He a good man. The King.

November 30, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. You what we teach women

not to be.

November 30, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  24. tutu la rue

not glad he's gone, just glad there will not be anymore innocent victims, you cannot deny the talent for music and the assertion for lil boys, shame talented people have so many skeletons in their closets, he was not charged due to sloppy D.A. work and the fact that he bought the judge and jury, Ron Zonen was and is a Bozo, just ask his lil BFF louise palanker

November 30, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  25. ambitoos

I heard that Carrie Underwood will be Maria in the remake of the sound of music. As much as I love Carrie underwood I feel she is not the right person for that part. If your going to pick from American Idol then Katherine McPhee would be a better choice. Maria doesn't have a southern accent.

November 30, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Danitra

It got to be Fantasia. She got the vocals.

November 30, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justin Jr.

Don't start Doh Doh,this is about Thriller.My said she was about seven months pregnant with me and every time a song from that album play I would get very active in her belly.

December 3, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |