MTV's 'Buckwild' to premiere January 3
November 30th, 2012

MTV's 'Buckwild' to premiere January 3

With MTV’s “Jersey Shore” coming to an end, the network is readying a new group of party animals to fill the void – and the Thursday night time slot.

“Buckwild,” which follows a group of nine friends on their quest to entertain themselves in Sissonville, West Virginia, is set to premiere on January 3, according to MTV.

From the looks of the recently released trailer, “Buckwild” appears to incorporate some popular aspects of both “Jersey Shore” – booze and brawls - and TLC’s “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” – ATVs and mud.

“West Virginia is a place founded on freedom,” one of the stars narrates at the beginning of the trailer. “For me and my friends, that means the freedom to whatever the f- we want.”

Reckless stunts ensue: From turning a dump truck into a swimming pool and taking turns riding on heavy-duty construction equipment to rolling down a hill tucked into a large tire.

“Our motto around here is, whatever happens, happens,” the narrator continues.

“Buckwild” will air back-to-back episodes each week starting January 3 at 10 p.m. ET.

Watch the trailer here.

Post by:
Filed under: television

1. ok people are laughing at me

because i shower 2 times a day....i sometimes shower 3 times a day....you people are either weird or need showering. yuck

December 4, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. i agree...

men like these filthy types of girls...i shower 2 times a day so i know these girls need a wash. lol

December 4, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. alot of men like these types...

sorry but its the truth...i've seen some buys in action with these women...oi vey

December 4, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Well This Looks Wretched

I come from the north central part of WV. That would be the portion of the state with most of the universities, federal facilities, defense contractors, etc. Every time MTV comes to West Virginia, they go to the southern half of the state for a reason; that reason being that it's much more difficult to find this sort of embodiment of a stereotype in an area with better education, grooming, and actual employment.

December 3, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rachel

For one theses "southern parts" your talking about have actual employment, and are education is just as good as any others. We are no different from anybody else, just because reality TV choose the worst doesn't mean nothing about the rest you can't judge the whole southern part by one group of kids. I'm pretty sure that if reality TV went to the northern area they would choose a bunch the low down drug addicts because we West Virginia as a whole for some reason have a bad rep when it comes to reality TV and other TV sources.

December 4, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Well This Looks Wretched

Your are correct, however, I am basing this off of personal experience in both the northern and southern half of the state. In the North, Preston County would probably be an easy place to cast this show. However, the southern half of the state tends to have more unincorporated small towns, such as Sissonville where the program is based. Also , while Marshall University is of high quality, many of the other college selections down there leave something to be desired. As one relative who grew up in Charleston used to sing, "If you can't go to college, go to state" about one of the colleges there. I must admit to being inherently biased, unfortunately, to your part of the state, given when I was younger and on Spring Break, multiple small towns tried to have me arrested for truancy in the space of a single week of enjoying state parks.

December 4, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randi

Sissonville is in Northern West Virginia. You live in West Virginia and don't know that Sissonville is really close to your state capital, which by the way is Charleston. Both of these cities are in Northern West Virgina. Wow!

February 3, 2013 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. jackson

showering with shampoo should be their first start.

December 3, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. Paul

I bet they edit out all the stuff like the cousin cornholing...white trash...tsk tsk

December 3, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. 649418154443

i love when people are nice don't you neighbor?

December 2, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Henry

Riding around in big dump trucks. Whooowee that sounds like fun. Why aren't they in jail yet?

December 2, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Henry

I bet all nine of their IQ's put together is still less than 90. These children look like embicillic inbred meth heads.

December 2, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Nate

If I live through the day things will be better having to visit relatives until about 5 today. Relatives are so rude and mean its rediculous. Mom makes me go. That's the price of being 14 years old. Oh well. Relatives are p ooooop.

December 2, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Nate

They tricked me. This time they were super nice. : ). It's good when people are nice : ) We hope you had a happy weekend : )

December 2, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. anyone find my boyfriend....

he's somewhere–it only took 4,287,299 blogs...but i got him good last time....i am a woman with self esteem

December 2, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  12. Billy

YEEEEHAW. Whars my chewin tobacky? I gotta brush my tooth afore sundie dinner.

December 2, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  13. she blocked the computer

then she went to mass

December 2, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  14. Yep

My vote is the still the tall one with the animal t-shirt also–when we interview young people we can tell by the fire in their eyes ...the others nothing unless some miracle comes along for them.

December 2, 2012 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  15. My vote is the still the tall one with the animal

t-shirt -- she appears to more alert then the rest.

December 2, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  16. Blond in the front is cute --one problem

she looks brainwashed....

(s)

December 2, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  17. they are all going to look that way

when they are in their 40's and 50's also....i see it already....just alot nastier–

Tall one get out of there...

December 2, 2012 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  18. People insult jersey shore?

no way....look at this picture....there all a bunch of pigs...girls hairs are dirty...the men are dirty...
    none of the kids in my family will ever be aloud near this drudge.

December 2, 2012 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  19. The tall one on the left...

appears smart. she will not move forward from this group and those guys look like like they are not going anywhere anytime soon either.

December 2, 2012 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  20. let's hope the tall one on the left

in the black t shirt moves on from the other dirty piglets. she's tall and pretty and could be a model.

this crowd will not allow her to move ahead...lets hope she wakes up...the boys are dirty and need to be

showered they are filthy

December 2, 2012 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  21. Fred

They sound like Beavis and Butthead m orons. Anyone older that ten years old would think getting in a big tire then letting it roll down a hill is pretty dumb.

December 2, 2012 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  22. Just go to your local trash bar...

and there they will be...

December 2, 2012 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  23. Slobs

the tall one on the left in the back with the black t shirt seems a little "cleaner" then the rest otherwise there your
    basic trash. jersey shore has much more class then these pigs.

December 2, 2012 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Fred

She doesn't really fit in with the others. She looks like she had a bath this week.

December 2, 2012 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  24. all blogs i've tried to enter

are in my hand and i will reenter when i have time....

December 1, 2012 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Stan

If everone in Virginny looks that yucky I'm sure glad I don't live there.

December 1, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • UGH

1) It's not Virginny, it's West Virginia so get it right.
      2) Don't judge our state, on a bunch of KIDS.
      3) Not people of West Virginia is as backwards as everyone seems to think.
      Thank You and Good Bye.

December 2, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • UGH

I apologize it should be stated 3) Not all* people.

December 2, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bill

thank you for that hair raising information

December 1, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Doug

The red headed gal straddling the guys leg isn't totally disgusting. I might consider doing her after about 10 beers.

December 1, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Bill

I know they are trash but I'd still do the blond and the s kank sitting on the guys leg. The rest are zeroes.

December 1, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jujubeans

I'd do all of them but wouldn't admit it. But that's just me!

December 3, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  29. George

I don't mean to be mean but these are some of the trashiest looking young people I have ever seen. I hope they are getting paid good for selling their souls.

December 1, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • George

I mean the ok looking one in the right side of the photo. She looks trashy but doable. The rest look gross.

December 1, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. V

Jeff

try changing your pattern of women instead of schlubs... it may help you in your future.

November 30, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  31. VHUBHASTHETOP

jeff
    tell someone who cares.

November 30, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Really?

If the Jersey Shore wasn't bad enough, now this? Not to mention, there is not one attractive person in the whole bunch. Can't you just hear the "Dueling Banjos" song playing in the background? Yeah baby!
    Now to the majority of you folks posting, ARE YOU ON ACID OR WHAT? It's got to be something. Nobody could be that incoherent by themselves. Oh wait, I'm probably wrong on that one.

November 30, 2012 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  33. VHUBHASTHETOP

they look like they need a shower and they are basically a trash club--not saying this because my wife is here...
    she knows my past i never slept with trash...

November 30, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

That's because you are an awesome hero to us all. You rule and we know it. You are a cool super hero like Batman and we are just robin. We hope you have a great evening our amigo.

November 30, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Pabst

I'm sure glad I'm not from West Virginny. Looks like alot of hill folk live down there. Sounds like they enjoy wallering in the mud for a good time. Guess what also enjoys wallering in the mud? Pigs?

November 30, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. i can assure you....

the women in my family won't even flip it on..

November 30, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  36. the women in my family

won't even flip it on...i can assure of that...

November 30, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  37. William Leek

I'm going to take a moment and plea for some sanity. MTV is doing a new show called BUCKWILD to be set in West Virginia. I am begging that my friends don't watch. Having seen the trailer out of curiosity, it pains me to see such a poor representation of this state. Of course the stereotypes can be found, but this group of "friends" is the extreme of that. Obviously I use good grammar and present myself in a classy way and will continue to do this. Most of my friends do the same. If you do make the decision to watch this awful display, please do not decide to be a dick and believe that all West Virginians are that immature. We aren't.

November 30, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

Looks like you are to me. Buncha people that mostly love playing in the mud like pigs. These young folk will be fine representatives of your fair state. Wallering in the mud and making pig noises. And maybe playin banjos. Yeeeehaw.

November 30, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  38. slicktrash

whatever blogs of mine are taken out jigga is right next to them in a folder....

November 30, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  39. yea right

the jiggas are white now
    baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooo

November 30, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  40. tavis?

all the michael jackson expert sound white don't they
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

November 30, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  41. going out

YAY

November 30, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  42. paramusgettingcute

i am beautiful, i lost 20 pounds, i went to italy and france, i'm buying a new car men still want me...i am the best, i am not lazy i move i work i am loved by all i was employee of the year.. you will never ever ever be me.....i run at 5am i have another gig, going back to italy...how's your day going

DONT YOU EVER COMPARE YOUR LIFE TO MINE....

November 30, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

That is awesome. Good for you. All the good luck in the world to you. : )

November 30, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Chantal

The first music video I ever saw was Beat It. I was 5 years old and it was 1994. My cousin lent me this weird Will Smith video with Alvin and the Chipmunks, and I think the video was about the Will Smith and the chipmunks covering songs from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. The first song, I think, on that video was Beat It. That was a fantastic song/video. I remember, as a five year old rewinding back to Beat It every afternoon for 2 weeks. I was so disappointed in giving my video back to my cousin, yet my mom gave me her old thriller album as a present and I wore that thing out! Thriller was the ish (even though I was too scared to watch the Thriller video until I was eight)!

November 30, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  44. neal spare me....you wanna fool around?

then step up and let me see who you are....am i a piggie mouth yes....now please leave me alone.

November 30, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chantal

I haven’t seen Last Man Standing, but I’m happy to hear that Malibu Country got a full season order. I started watching the show after a friend I work with at DISH recommended it, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I watch it every week on my DISH Hopper, which is set to auto-record it along with the other big four prime time network shows using Primetime Anytime, so I never have to worry about missing an episode even if I forget to set a timer. It’s a really funny show, and I’m looking forward to the rest of the season.

November 30, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  45. sorryhudson

most are thin spiks-one was about 2 feet tall and about 90 pounds....
    when your fresh ...the mouth opens...i said i care for you as a man...now leave it at that.

November 30, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Veronica

“I feel like my [fat] is sticking out so bad right now. I almost always wear [Spanx], but not tonight, and I feel it pushing out, making me look fat. … I like to say I run on the elliptical for 30 minutes watching CNN, but I don’t do it often enough. So I’m just like, ‘Oh, I guess I’m not fitting into this Lanvin dress for these couple of months.’ ”

November 30, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  46. This computer block is failure on your part

and a failure for the truce of simple hello and goodbye. clearly you are not capable by this computer block that was granted to me....we are back to wargames. fine with me. ga head....i have a team watching ... i don't have to watch for weeks.

November 30, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Neal

Just on her quotes alone (and there’s no telling how much out of context they are), it’s clear she has body image issues that are rooted in her insecurities. You see…when you dye your hair blue and your stage costumes could also be pre-school eye color charts, no one is looking at weight issues. She knew what she was wearing…and not wearing; to bring up her undergarment is just to get attention.

November 30, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  47. This computer block is failure on your part

and a failure for the ruce of simple hello and goodbye. clearly you are not capable by this computer block that was granted to me....we are back to wargames. fine with me. ga head....

November 30, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • ShortCake

Typical fat girl complaining about being fat while admitting that she’s too lazy to exercise. Keep gobbling up the deep fried gravy.

November 30, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  48. you should know me by now...

your loyal i'm loyal..your not loyal BLAH BLAH BLAH

November 30, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  49. sorryhudson

most are thin spiks-one was about 2 feet tall and about 90 pounds....

November 30, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Billy Ray

Is they from Georgia?

November 30, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  51. hey hudson!!!!

there they all are....mystery over

November 30, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  52. looks like a show a cheater

would go for.

November 30, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  53. You are what we teach women

exactly what not to do....

November 30, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |