Rider Strong (a.k.a. Shawn Hunter) talks ‘Girl Meets World'
November 29th, 2012

Rider Strong (a.k.a. Shawn Hunter) talks ‘Girl Meets World'

Now that Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel have signed on to reprise their respective roles of Cory and Topanga on the impending “Boy Meets World” sequel series, fans of the original ABC show are likely wondering what other familiar faces they can expect to see.

Rider Strong, who played Corey’s best friend Shawn Hunter on “Boy Meets World” for all seven seasons, took to his website, Strongbrothersmagicshow.com, to tell fans, “At this point, I have no official involvement in ‘Girl Meets World.’ ”

“There might be a chance to see some of the BMW cast in a guest spot, and I think it would be nice to find out where our characters have been all these years,” he continued. “But ‘Girl Meets World’ will be, and I think it should be, it’s own show. It will be about Cory and Topanga, their daughter, and a new set of characters.”

His sentiment was in line with the note Fishel posted to Tumblr earlier this week: “[‘Girl Meets World’] will have familiar faces, familiar themes and familiar messages. It will also have new faces, new themes and new messages. 'BMW' never spoke down to the audience and we are going to do our best to never do that with 'GMW.' But please keep in mind that this will be episode one, of season one, of a brand new show.”

In his post, Strong also thanked fans of the series for tuning in, and said he considers “Boy Meets World” a defining aspect of his life.

After the show wrapped its final season in 2000, he went on to appear in films like “Cabin Fever” and “Spy School.”

Post by:
Filed under: television

« Previous entry
  1. 移動電源

This article about Internet optimization is actually nice 1, and also the back links are actually very useful to market your web site, its also referred to as Web optimization. 移動電源 http://www.powerbankfresh.com

June 22, 2013 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. Past is gone-- We are going forward...

They will be good friends when the time is right...my bulls were at it again. sorry

November 29, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. WHAT'S YOUR NAME HACKER COWARD...

YOUR A FAT HACKING PIG WITH NO SELF ESTEEM....

November 29, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ?

Just a question, was this show good the first time around? Never watched it.

November 29, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nate

Me neither really. I've never seen it. Most say it really wasn't anything special. Just Friday evening filler aimed at tween girls.

November 29, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex

If you ever saw the show Webster it is exactly like it except they use different names.

November 29, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christie

It was like iCarly except set in the olden days. My mom made me watch the BMW reruns. Plus not nearly as good as iCarly.

November 29, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • grampa

It wasn't good like Hogan's Heroes or Gomer Pyle, USMC. I watched it once and turned the channel. Festus and Newly, and Marshall Dillon wasn't on it. It wasn't good.

November 29, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amos

BMW was AMAZING! I watched seasons 1 and 2 again recently and it's definitely as funny as I remebered it. If you've never seen it watch it! They just don't make sitcoms that good anymore! Seriously one of the best of all time!

December 1, 2012 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
    • ?

Ok, thanks Amos. I will watch it at least once, on your recommendation. If I don't laugh at least once, I hold you responsible. lol

December 1, 2012 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  5. Stan

Pretty Topanga wouldn't have to fetch me nuthin. I'd wait on her "hand and foot" if she wanted. She is a ok.

November 29, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • rick

They should write the script where Corey and Topanga are separated and I am her boyfriend. And we are engaged ! Yeah ! And she kisses and hugs me alot ! That sounds like a good story line.

November 29, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mark

mmmmmmmm baaaacon. and beeeeeer.

fetch me some, girl.

November 29, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joe

I hope they'll teach that girl how to properly cook crispy bacon and fetch beers before she meets the world. That ways she will be of some use to society.

November 29, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Stimpy

who ?

November 29, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. BMWfangirl

Rider Strong should totally be the dad of Cory and Topanga's daughter's best friend or something. That would be awesome. I can't wait for Girl Meet's World!

November 29, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |