More episodes for ABC comedies, The CW cancels 'Emily Owens M.D.'
November 29th, 2012

More episodes for ABC comedies, The CW cancels 'Emily Owens M.D.'

ABC has good news for fans of “Last Man Standing” and “Malibu Country.”

The network has ordered five additional episodes of each of the sitcoms, which air Friday nights at 8 and 8:30 p.m. ET, respectively.

In its second season, Tim Allen’s “Last Man Standing” has garnered between 6.7 and 7.8 million viewers. Meanwhile, the November 2 series premiere of Reba McEntire’s “Malibu Country” pulled in 8.9 million viewers, earning ABC’s highest numbers in the timeslot since 2007, according to TV by the Numbers.

As one door opens, another will close for The CW’s freshman drama, “Emily Owens M.D.”

Though the network will air all 13 episodes of Mamie Gummer’s medical drama, the show won’t get a full-season pickup.

"Just devastating news over here... but please do keep watching, because everything pays off," creator Jennie Snyder Urman tweeted. "Could not be more proud of this cast and crew."

Post by:
Filed under: television

1. I'm so happy men love me

and want still want me...it make me feel so special....why hang with a boring guy when i have all these guys who want me.

November 30, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. I love

myself, men love me, everyone loves me...because i have more then what most people have.

November 30, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. i am beautiful

your fat and ugly and everyone hates you.

November 30, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. K Perry

MMMMMMMMMMM meeeeeeeeeeeee ....... its all about meeeeeeeeeeee

November 30, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. Rock

Hmmm, I think I want to get me some Reba action

November 30, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  6. IN OTHER WORDS

THEY DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU...THEY JUST WANT TO SPY ON YOU.....

November 30, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sandy

I haven’t seen Last Man Standing, but I’m happy to hear that Malibu Country got a full season order. I started watching the show after a friend I work with at DISH recommended it, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I watch it every week on my DISH Hopper, which is set to auto-record it along with the other big four prime time network shows using Primetime Anytime, so I never have to worry about missing an episode even if I forget to set a timer. It’s a really funny show, and I’m looking forward to the rest of the season.

November 29, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. I love chicken don't you

high in protein and delicious especially when its juicy.

November 29, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tommie

woooo. I looooove baked chicken. sometimes my mom bakes it with KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce on it. It makes me smile. : )

November 29, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. i'm here...

she's home alone again tonight...shut machines off...i adore boo...keep machines off

November 29, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. the show works on disorder

compulsive behavior

November 29, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kenny

Dr. Medical Lady, M.D. was my favorite show. I'm so sad go see it being taken off the air. I hope they reconsider.

November 29, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Cicadas

They just dirty or was it a
    case of sloppy 2nds?