One coach's team down on 'The Voice'
November 28th, 2012

One coach's team down on 'The Voice'

[Editor's Note: This recap contains spoilers for the November 27 results show of "The Voice."]

Tuesday night's elimination show brought about a definite first for "The Voice." Thanks to the new elimination rules, one coach is now completely out of the competition. But before we get to that, let's talk about the Muppets' guest appearance.

Cee Lo recently got his team members to perform on his special, "Cee Lo’s Magic Moment," along with the felt ones themselves.

Gonzo took on the role of Carson Daly and several Muppets took their places in the coaches' seats as Cee Lo and Kermit sang a stirring rendition of "Bein' Green."

It was quite adorable, though at one point a Muppet Cee Lo was watching the real Cee Lo and it got a little weird. (Not to mention that hat!)

My favorite performance of the night, however, involved the four most unique contestants on the show singing "Rhythm of Love" unplugged. Melanie, Cody, Nicholas and Terry delivered perhaps the best group performance of the series.

On to the eliminations: Don't look now, but Cassadee Pope may be our frontrunner. It wasn't difficult to figure out that she would go on to the final six after "Are You Happy Now?"

Team Blake emerged unscathed, as Terry McDermott was saved after showing a bit more of his range this week.

Also safe was my personal favorite, Nicholas David (once again in his wheelhouse singing Marvin Gaye), along with his Cee Lo teammate, Trevin Hunte.

I was worried that Amanda Brown might be out this week, but Team Adam also moved on to the next round, as she was saved.

Her teammate Melanie Martinez seems to be growing in popularity each week. Her emotional performance of "Too Close" (not to mention that she put a new twist on it) more or less guaranteed iTunes downloads. Don't count her out of the final four.

So who was out? In something of a shocker, fan favorite Cody Belew was eliminated. I quite enjoyed his rendition of "Somebody to Love" (and Cee Lo does love a choir). So now "Team RedZone" is down to two.

And yes, Team Xtina is no more this season. Sorry, but I was less than impressed with Dez Duron's take on "You Smile." It would seem the Beliebers wouldn't be enough to keep him in the competition. So, Christina Aguilera gets to watch from the sidelines for the remaining episodes. (Any chance another team could steal her? Hey, you never know with the crazy new rules this year.)

Were you surprised to see Cody or Dez go? Which team has your vote of the remaining three? I still envision a fight between Team Blake and Team Cee Lo at the end.

Share your thoughts on video or comment below.

1. Stymer

Show will be worth watching next season without Xtina or whatever she calls herself

December 5, 2012 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  2. Stymer

I think christina is just rude. I am glad thus is her last season because she brought the show down. She is so insecure that she has to try and put sing everyone constantly, and she looks like a fine mess with a face caked of make up and clothes that don't fit but that always push her fake boobs up under her neck She is so rude to contestants on other teams especially if you are on Adan's team, and her coughing when he was speaking about Amanda just shows how immature, and down right disrespectful she is. She is a whiny child and her voice is over rated. Bad karma Glad to see her go definite improvement in the show to add shakira in her place.

December 5, 2012 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. doverfolks

Cody will be missed. I admire someone who sings with heart and stays in tune.

November 28, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. aprvie

Love Cody, really hate to see him go....so entertaining.

November 28, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. excuse me while i jump --

November 28, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. VoiceWatcher

Does anyone else feel like anyone on Christina's team has a bit more of a challenge due to Christina being their coach? Her constructive criticism for memebers of other teams comes across as nasty and she can't seem to appreicate quirky, non-over the top voices. Add into the fact that every time she has performed with her team members over the past seasons she is always sure to "out sing" her own team. Not what I call a coach, maybe viewers take that into consideration when they are voting.

November 28, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. richraff

At this point I think it's between Cassadee and Amanda, with Trevin as a possible also. I love that there are quirky voices like Melanie and Nicholas on the show – makes it much more interesting.

November 28, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dusty

I was wondering how Dez made it this far. By the look on his face the last few episodes, I think he knew he was out of his league. Oh, but Cody gone....that sucked. I liked him. He could sing. I was thinking Melanie and Dez would go. But Melanie is growing on me too.

November 28, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. TeamPrideLo

4,376,983 versions of that also

November 28, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. k3vsDad

I was sort of surprised to see Dez go, but understood how he landed in the bottom 2. I actually had thought that Cody would get bounced. I had believed that Melanie would go. She has a unique style, but I just don't get her. I get no feeling or connection with her at all. I agree that it will probably come down to a sing-off between Team Blake and Team Cee Lo. Cassandra vs. Trevin or Terry vs. Nicholas could be how the contest plays out. At this stage...money may be best put on Team Blake.

November 28, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. goodbye to goodbye

i agree

November 28, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. mukazzi

If you could guarantee that Christina would not say a single word for the rest of this season, it would be worth watching.

November 28, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |