November 27th, 2012

Lucy Hale on her first love

Lucy Hale is known as Aria on ABC Family's "Pretty Little Liars," but there's another passion that holds Hale's heart: country music.

"It's how I first started out, I grew up performing," Hale told "Starting Point's" Soledad O'Brien Tuesday. "I got really lucky on the acting side of things. I completely love my day job and what I do, but at the end of the day, music is my main passion."

Hale, 23, plans to release her country album next summer, with a single coming in the spring.

"I signed to Hollywood Records about a year ago. I've been shooting the show, so I've just been writing with some wonderful musicians. ... I'm really excited to let everyone hear what I've been working on," she said. "I grew up with people like Faith Hill, and Martina McBride, and Shania Twain ... but Taylor Swift has sort of paved the way for people like me, because I will have some crossover stuff."

Hale recently wrapped filming on the show's third season, which premieres January 8.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Lora

Music is also my first love... it stay more than other lovers..

February 4, 2013 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. Diethylmethylbenzenediamine

Wow, superb blog structure! How long have you been running a blog for? you make running a blog glance easy. The overall glance of your website is wonderful, neatly as} the content material!
    Diethylmethylbenzenediamine http://www.changyuex.com/

January 25, 2013 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. Evel Knievel

Looks to me like her first love is pretty much eating a lot.

November 27, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. lenny & Pips

who is 47 and still gorge.....get that leather jacket on babe...we gotz to role on the stage....your wife
    is going to kill you....only 4 rehearsals and we done!!!!!

November 27, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. my first love was donny osmond...

not the music...my second love is charlie sheen....completely different people.

November 27, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • donny Osborne!

Lmao

November 27, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • my little reporter sibling has begun some sort of process

the famous surprise that i know about of course...to have me meet donny & marie osmond....if donny & marie osmond walk into my party next year.....i will pass out on the floor...they are in ny doing a benefit and she's trying to hook it up...you with me here..down like a tree....if charlie sheen walks in i'll just say pucker up please.

lololol

November 27, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. TOP 10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT CHARLIE SHEEN(ha12)

1 LOVES TO PARTY
    2 HONESTY
    3 HOT
    4 DOESN'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK
    5 LOVES TO GET DRUNK AND SMOKE WEED
    6 HOT
    7 CARING
    8 NICE LEGS
    9 HOT
    10 LOVES P*RN AND HE'LL TELL YOU RIGHT TO YOUR FACE...

APPRECIATE THE HONESTY CHARLIE

November 27, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Yeah, well here's what I think

When I think of first love, I harken back to a warm, sunny day. I met this beautiful young girl at the beach. All I remember is rubbing warm baby oil on her tender, warm body, and we.............Oh, never mind. Dang, her first love is music? Boring!!! No story here.

November 27, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • i love music too....guess what..(no fib on this one)

i have been asked to sing once again.... this is the last one i swear because my family thinks i'm going to run away and become a rock star....this is the last offer....i have been offered to sing and dance which means i have to lose another 10 pounds to look normal....i will be singing usher's without you....female version....

i am about to watch the video right now....join me why don't you.....this is the last time i will accept a gig for now– how could i turn down usher...we're both cool, we are not that far apart in age and i am a black woman so it will be perfect....
      we are heading into 50 and i am proof as a black woman i can still look darn good. we are still kool kats and darn good looking....lets watch together shall we. then i gotz to go.

November 27, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • TicToc

And we what? Got sand stuck in places the sun don't even shine? Dude, I don't like fill on the blank games, come on tell us the rest.

November 27, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |