Taylor Swift: I still have a lot to learn
November 23rd, 2012

Taylor Swift: I still have a lot to learn

With her mega-successful career, one might think that country pop star Taylor Swift has it all figured out.

But the 22-year-old singer/songwriter warns that she doesn't have a clue - at least, not as many as growing older will eventually bring.

"I have so much to learn about life," Swift told Parade magazine. "I know nothing compared to what I'm going to know someday."

That's particularly true when it comes to matters of the heart, she said - perhaps ironic considering that love is the focus of many of her songs.

"I tend to think things are love and then look back and reevaluate," the "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" singer said. (That song title makes much more sense now, doesn't it?)

"I don’t think there’s an option for me to fall in love slowly, or at medium speed. I either do or I don’t," she went on. "I don’t think it through, really, which is a good thing and a bad thing. You don’t look before you leap, which is like, ‘Yay, this is awesome! Let’s not think twice!’ And then you’re like, ‘We used to be flying. Now we’re falling. What’s happening?’"

Yet she has figured out one thing: why she finds bad boys so appealing.

"There’s a really interesting charisma involved," she explained. "They usually have a lot to say, and even if they don’t, they know how to look at you to say it all. I think every girl’s dream is to find a bad boy at the right time, when he wants to not be bad anymore."

Filed under: Music • Taylor Swift

1. T.rex

This chick is only famous because Kanye West insulted her. He pretty much made her career.

December 14, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Brian Scott Gregory

Girl, that takes a lot of heart and courage to admit to that, and have that 'forward looking' perspective in life. You'll go far in life, I have no doubt of that.

December 1, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Who Cares

Hey maybe she can learn how to SING-IN-KEY live without auto tune.

November 27, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Larry OO

Yea you are going to grow old and be ugly and nobody is going to like your music forever!!!. You can't sing now
    so you don't have to worry about your voice. Yep there is your future.

November 27, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Who Cares

I agree.

November 27, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Papo

Disagree. She is already ugly, and unfortunately, people WILL like studio-enhanced auto tuned garbage like this forever. That's why she has a career and her pathetic, resentful excuse for "music" is shoved down our throats on the daily. Just pull a Winehouse, develop a drug habit and OD already, Swift.

November 28, 2012 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  5. twinnie

How profound: "I know nothing compared to what I'm going to know someday". Well, duh. That applies to everyone. Is she as dumb as she sounds? Or, should I give her the benefit of the doubt and assume this was taken out of context. Somehow, I don't think so.

November 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

now, now. cut her some slack. she doesn't know she sounds this dumb now, but when she is older and knows more than she knows now, then she'll know how dumb she sounds.

November 27, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bob u. soon

no respect for tool sorry.

November 26, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. paranoid blogger

maneater

November 26, 2012 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  8. mukazzi

An 'snarky' view: if she would stop tripping over the shoe box of dead (to her) boyfriend song lyrics each time she would get out of bed...
    A more realistic view: she's been in one too many alleged relationships to call them 'mistakes.' The manner in which she imposes herself into the lives of these younger and older men would make one think of an OCD tendency. You can't blame the river for having a misleading (false) bottom when you're standing in its very depth; sometimes, you just have to lay on your back and float on by. She certainly justifies the resurrection of "Maneater". US Magazine -on one of their covers- called her a "Hopeless Romantic"; going back to being snarky, with her winning streak of belt notches, the first two letters ('Ho') are a more apt description.

November 26, 2012 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. yea and we know

what a relationship expert you are

November 26, 2012 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  10. haley

taylor should seek counselling. she has unstable mind.she's teaching the kids and teens wrong values.

she can't live even for a week without a new guy, and yet she keep on complaining about them if she can get what she wants.

you change boyfriends as if you just changing your underwear.

November 26, 2012 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
  11. TicToc

🔇 I can't listen to her, something about her voice makes me cringe. That's not a very nice pix of her either, makes her look like a stoner. Don't wanna ruin her good girl image now.

November 25, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. alumette

Swift would be in a Junior College taking basket weaving if it were not for her connections to the industry. She is a mediocre performer but has the best in props and arrangements. She is flat and dull and yes indeed, she has a lot to learn.

November 25, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. genia

She is my neices's favorite country singer. I appreciate that because she and I can watch country awards together. It gives us a nice bond, and we both think Taylor is cute as she can be and talented.If she stays on the right path and not do the drugs an alcohol thing she will mature as a country singer and be even better.My favorite will always be Lorett Lynn.

November 25, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  14. much more ambitious

then gaga...

November 25, 2012 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  15. She's a go getter

like her–makeup and hair are perfect.

November 25, 2012 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  16. Eleven Fingers

Her face just looks odd. Like she is a chinee or something.

November 24, 2012 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  17. Taylor Swift

she's a go getter...love to watch young people move.

November 24, 2012 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  18. FAT LAZY PIG

you'd cheat on her too if you had that representing you.

November 24, 2012 at 4:54 am | Report abuse |
  19. there is nobody here

she is a fat lazy pig..her husband should not respond to her...i can't figure that one out either....

November 24, 2012 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  20. 12luckier

so young, so rich, so famous but SO STUPID. WHOLESOME NO MORE!!!

she said she hates cheaters, but it's clear she cheated on conor kennedy. harry and taylor dated again behind his back,before conor and taylor and officially called it quits.

she did to conor what she did to taylor lautner when she chased john mayer while she and lautner were still dating.

that's the story behind her BACK TO DECEMBER song.

do we expext an apology song for conor on her 5th album in 2015?

wow this girl has some mental issues.

November 23, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  21. she's young right now

she needs time to get the hang of it.

November 23, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Feeniegal

As much as I try not to be interested in anything regarding Taylor Swift.. I find myself reading these articles. She is so young, lucky, and wealthy. She will " never ever" find true love.

November 23, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Dick

This girl has issues. I realize she is still young, and has a REALLY lot to learn. Time to learn how to be a strong woman, and not have the need to have a "boy" in her life. Bouncing from one relationship to another, shows how insecure she is, although, it gives her lots to sing about.

November 23, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Hugh Jass

"Good dog."

November 24, 2012 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  25. alumette

she would call 9/11 and report a rape.

November 25, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |