'Downton Abbey' gets a fourth season
November 23rd, 2012

'Downton Abbey' gets a fourth season

Our national obsession with "Downton Abbey" can continue uninterrupted. The Los Angeles Times reports that the drama has been renewed for another season.

The British show's broadcaster, ITV, made the happy announcement Friday, with executive producer Gareth Neame telling fans they can expect "more drama, comedy, love, hatred, jealousy, rivalry, ambition, despair and romance."

We're a little bit behind on this side of the pond, as the third season of "Downton Abbey" isn't going to air in the U.S. until January 6 on PBS.

The fourth season, meanwhile, will start production on its eight episodes in February and will air in the U.K. in the fall. PBS has yet to speak on the renewal news, but we're hoping, like the L.A.T., that the network's likely on board.

Filed under: television

1. bug

November 26, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jack bee Bop Clauss

How tall is this guy?

November 26, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. hair

i have not had any hair on my buk for years and i have my body waxed...the only hair i have on my body is the hair on my head.

November 26, 2012 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. any news on dowtown abbey yet

keep me informed. hee hee

November 25, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Thats a wife...

folks.

November 24, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. i had to color my hair today...

my roots are jammin!

November 24, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • I had to color

My pubes today to rid it if gray and then spay...me doggie! I got da craaazy curls and my mop head looks like a big ol down under bush!! I be a freeeak!!

November 26, 2012 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
  7. Rick K

I've got eleven fingers. Just like the girl on Hiney Boo Boo

November 24, 2012 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  8. if she's on powerball

she ain't rich. the rich are not on powerball..their on an island right now.

November 24, 2012 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. so she has kids...

we have kids...my wife already signed up for 4-6 week program at the college this summer for 2 hrs.
    kids will be at camp from 8-12–piece of cake–my wife is a go getter i let her do what she wants -

looks like a bunch of loud lip service. don't hate this guy...he rolls with this beetch that's all.

November 24, 2012 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. RBSG

Maybe Netflix streaming will have season 2 sometime before the year 3000.

November 24, 2012 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  11. Hillcrester

Quality TV. Thank you, ITV.

November 23, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. e

The new Upstairs Downstairs was better, I wish it would have gotten as much attention so it could have had more seasons.

November 23, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. austintexas1961

I've seen all episodes of Season 3. If you "liked" the Downton Abbey Facebook page, they would provide links to every show in Season 3. It was fantastic!

November 23, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. CaraComments

I would like to thank the man suffering from fireballs for dramatizing for all of us what life was like for those unfortunate enough to suffer from mental illnesses during the days depicted in the series Downton Abbey.

November 23, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. CaraComments

Will Edith ever find happiness?

November 23, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • The_Mick

I don't know if Edith will ever be happy. After mailing a letter to the Turkish Embassy to disclose Mary's indiscretions in the bedroom, she's definitely been on the outs with me. What a bxxch. After that I didn't blame Mary for messing up Anthony's romance with Edith. Actually, I think anyone married to either of those two is in for a life of constant sorrow. I'd take the other sister, Sybil, any day.

November 24, 2012 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Jan

I hope Edith will find someone. That Mary is a difficult character to like...perhaps that is what makes the show so good. There are flaws to all of them.

November 24, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  16. Alicia

November 23, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Snorlax

Great show. I hope it runs for decades.

November 23, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Paul

FIRSTIES

November 23, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Green pixie

Wow! Thank you for your amazing insight into Downtom Abby! I knew it had drama, but this is well beyond what I expected. Apparently the Repub/Democrat war rages beyond time and countries! I'm curious about your take on Game of Thrones? Do the Dems spoil that plot as well?? DO TELL!

November 23, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  20. CaraComments

How do we go on without Lady Sybil?

November 23, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. CaraComments

And this, boys and girls, is why Downton Abbey has been renewed for a fourth season.

November 23, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Hey jerk face!

STFU! This is an entertainment blog. I know you are entertaining yourself, but you are all alone on that. Write your senator, not us.

November 23, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  23. CaraComments

And what about the overworked servants and their dreams?

November 23, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  24. CaraComments

Will Mary and Matthew find happiness before the next war?

November 23, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  25. CaraComments

Do be a gentlemen and clean it up before tea.

November 23, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  26. P Boy

Thank you, but too late. The neighbor has already stepped in it and tracked it throughout his home.

November 23, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Meg9

Shhhhhhsh! The US folks don't know about that yet!!

November 23, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Lisa

Actually I have chosen not to insult you. Because, you are a living insult to mock your foolishness would be boring. But, really is your only hobby pooping ? If it is your life apparently is a waste of time and effort.

November 23, 2012 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Lisa. Kinsey

Really? Your life must truly be boring. You must not know about Imodium. You can find it at your local drug tore if your able to read labels. By the way do you know how to read or write or is popping all you can do like a diapered doll?

November 24, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  30. P Boy

No, I'm unable to read or write-I do this by voice recognition. Your post would have more impact though if it weren't rife with errors. Now come closer so I can place a steaming dump on your forehead.

November 24, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |