Jon Bon Jovi on daughter: We're good
November 22nd, 2012

Jon Bon Jovi on daughter: We're good

Jon Bon Jovi's family life has been in the media glare over the past week after his 19-year-old daughter, Stephanie Bongiovi, reportedly overdosed on heroin and was arrested on drug possession charges.

The rocker initially didn't comment, but he did open up earlier this week to Los Angeles' Fox 11.

"It's human. What I do for a living seems glitzy and glamorous, but if you don't take it too seriously, it's just a great way to make a living," Bon Jovi told the TV station.

"And then, life goes on, things happen. This tragedy was something that I had to face, too. We'll get through it, and people's incredible warm wishes for my family and I have been really reassuring. So, we're good. We're good,"  said the singer, who has four children with his wife, Dorothea Hurley (pictured above with daughter Stephanie).

The misdemeanor charges against Bongiovi for possession of a controlled substance or the use of drug paraphernalia were subsequently dropped.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Helen

I'd overdose too if my dad was a Democrat.

December 1, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. BJ Roadie-2010

I remember she pulled a train back stage.

November 27, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. i don't like bonjovi's hair like that

i like it shorter.

November 27, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Hot Carl

Thank God the daughter looks like HIM, OOFA!

November 26, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richie Sambora

We got here high once and passed her around.
      Choo-choo, here come da train, yo!

November 27, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Stanley Peris

We support their family.

November 26, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Leon Peris

We are proud of all of them!

November 26, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Security.

so sorry for her.

November 26, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  8. she playin wid he woot and walldammit...

we're scared

November 26, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. Woot

another disaster in the making....was she caught blowing his bandmates?

November 26, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. Kanageloa

Solid proof that fame and fortune won't get you happiness. Check out a history book and you'll find the same problem through out the ages. We're really no better off than we were 5,000 years ago. Funny how that works.

November 26, 2012 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  11. get out of your stupid fantasy

man has to work...end of story....are you working?

November 26, 2012 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  12. my father worked

from 5am until 5pm my whole life until retirement....that's the way it goes....

November 26, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  13. bonjovi

can't wait to see you jersey boy–

November 26, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  14. moose1

Rich rock star's kid gets away with using drugs. No suprise there!!

Hey, Obama can use that one...."The getting away with it tax on the rich!!!" I like it!!

November 26, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  15. SKY

REAL PARENTS, MAKE IT HAPPEN TO BE WITH THEIR KIDS...I RATHER BE POOR LIVING IN A HUT
    AS LONG AS I HAVE MY KIDS BY MY SIDE...LOVING THEM AND HELPING THEM THROUGH LIFE.
    YOU GET ONE TIME TO BE A PARENT, AND YES YOU WILL MAKE MISTAKES....
    YOUR KIDS GROW UP SO FAST....THE THING THEY HATE MOST...IS A PARENT WHO IS TO
    BUSY FOR THEM...AND WHEN THEY FINALLY GET TO BE A TEENAGER THE PARENTS TRY
    TO INSTILL A CORRECT WAY OF LIVING...DO IT WHEN THEY ARE YOUNG....AND WHEN THEY
    FLY THEY KNOW KNOW TOO ON THEIR OWN..

November 25, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • HELEN

You are right, good deeds begin at home. All of his pseudo social "priorities" don't mean a thing when his daughter is overdosing on heroin. What a farce..what a hypocrite.

December 1, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. SKY

FACT: PLEASE YOURSELF FIRST....NOT PUTTING FAMILY FIRST.....CHILDREN NOT HAVE A FATHER THERE......
    NOT KNOWING HOW TO BE A FATHER....A FATHER IN NAME AND GIFTS ONLY.....THIS IS THE FRUITS
    YOU GROW....

November 25, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • ghastly

Lots of families have absent parents. Look at our military. It doesn't mean they don't care for or love their kids. Life does not always give us ideal situations.

November 25, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  17. selfish much

I noticed that in this statement...IT'S ALL ABOUT HIM!! That's the problem right there! FAMILY FIRST!!

November 25, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Patricia Katrine

I wish this family so much hope and happiness for the bon jovi's (picture above). they have a problem.
    they have to moniter their daughter...they do no exactly have a great marriage themselves. maybe this situation
    will pull them back as a unit again. who knows for sure.

November 25, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  19. i wish her all the best also

jgs

November 25, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  20. I like Ava Bon...

she really knows how to make movies where i can still learn from–

November 25, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Tina

@Mysticstar, He was not always there true but he was making a living for his family. I am sure he has his regrets about all his time away but it is what it is. He has never tried to blame his career on anyone. I am sure that he will be there for his daughter and the rest of his family as much as possible. He never said he is perfect or that his family is perfect. He sings because he is good at what he does. Just because he is a rock star with money does not mean that he did not bust his backside to get to where he is. Just because he is a rock star does not mean he or his family are immune to real life problems like the rest of us. I only wish him/ his family and his daughter the best and hope she gets the help that she needs.

November 25, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • BonJovi has to work that's the way it goes...

his wife does not have a career so he has to keep moving even if it requires be be away from home.
      wifey likes the millions? then he has to work. end of story

November 25, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • ghastly

Yes, lots of people have jobs that require them to be away from home for extended periods. Our military is a perfect example of this. He just happens to have a job that pays very well. He has the same problems that many families face. You can be the best parent on the planet.....and you kids will still have miss-steps. Hopefully, they learn from them.

November 25, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. you never know...

kids can do anything with computers..her mother has an expensive system in the home and i'm sure they are aware of her game.

November 25, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  23. BetterthenYou

wonder if she did this throught the computer

November 25, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Smart Work

thanks for setting us straight on the law jigs..

November 25, 2012 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  25. who cares

does the wife not take a hint.

November 25, 2012 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  26. Samantha Meyers

Charges were dropped by the DA because of New York's law applying to overdose cases in which there is a call for help.

The 'Good Samaritan' section of the law applies to Stephanie because her friend called 911.

November 25, 2012 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Better

This is true about the law but Mr. B, you and yours are not good. This chick needs help and proabably will do it again.

November 25, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  27. Mr Ed

Horse faces, all of them.

November 24, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Maria

How is it possible that all charges against her were dropped?

November 24, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • James

It's possible because she's a rich white girl, not a black girl. The racism inherent in our criminal justice system is mind-boggling.

November 24, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • GetRealGetEducated

James, it's not because she's Caucasian; it's because it's her 1st offense and she's probably in a pre-trial diversion program on her way to rehab.

You're not too bright are you Racist?

November 24, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Todd

James – there many examples of racism in the criminal justice system, but this isn't really one of them. It's very common for first-time drug offenders to have charges dropped in exchange for a pretrial intervention program that usually involves rehab, counseling, and periodic drug testing.

November 24, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • sassy

Said rich white girl. a poor white girl would still go to jail. Money then race. Always. Welcome to the real America

November 24, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nancy

Why were the charges dropped? Do some research: the state of New York will not prosecute someone who seeks medical attention for a drug overdose. If they did, fewer people would call the hospital when they need live-saving attention. This has nothing to do with race nor money.

November 24, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michele

in NY they have a law if you overdose you can not be charged. Also the guy that called in the OD isn't being charged because he was acting as a "good Samaritan" because of that law.

November 24, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lawless4u

I don't care if the chearges were dropped, I'm just wondering how possession of HEROIN was a misdemeanor?

November 25, 2012 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  29. M. Kat

cause i do what i want...if its interesting i'll say something....if its a bore like most of the time we all shut our machines down or shut our ipods....

nothing for you to worry about at all.

November 24, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  30. shut the machine down

this is a total waste of blogging..

November 24, 2012 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Cato

And yet, you chose to spend time commenting.

Truth be told, you could take yor comment, remove one word and reorder the rest, and you'd have a true statement: "Blogging" (God, I hate that word) is a waste of time."

November 24, 2012 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Thanks cato

and the veggie market on route 17 thanks you too.

November 24, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  31. if you were my wife

i would never respond to you on a blog...your creativity is awful, you've written the same paragraphs 47 different ways
    you basically not doing anything and talking to your self–you basically are only talking to one person and you have nothing here worht reading

November 24, 2012 at 4:47 am | Report abuse |
  32. comment up now

November 24, 2012 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |
  33. CaraComments

I beg you to reword that headline!

November 23, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • SKW

I thought the same thing. That is, quite possibly, the most awkward headline ever.

November 25, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  34. DD

Like any other family they have problems. Jon is in the media this is the the only reason we are hearing abou it. No one is perfect. I wish Stephanie the best....

November 23, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  35. no cutting of slack.

bug them more.

November 23, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Happy Hamster

She's pretty cute. Perhaps sitting her down with some of the before and after pictures of drug use will help. Maybe if she sees she could end up going from looking as hot as she does now to looking like a train wreck will be enough to set her straight.

November 23, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  37. PaulBel

In the end, its not how much money you make, or what type of job you have. At the end of the day, its how your family is doing. This must be a heartbreaking time for him and his wife. I hope they all can work through this. To me, there is nothing more precious than my wife and daughter. Best wishes to all of you.

I hope the rest of you cut him and his family a little slack and try to respect their privacy. Just think if this happened to you. A little more kindness to all would make the world a better place.

November 23, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mysticstar

It is his family and they do deserve privacy. But Mr. I am a rock star brought this on himself. He never wanted the marriage and admits that he has not been there for his kids. He is thinks he is so great that he is above real life, but this is what it has gotten him. I wish Stephanie the best, hopefully she has a support system other than her father and mother.

November 25, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  38. my daughter gets the first break....

i hear another drug mishap one more time - my foot goes up her ass. no excuses - i don't want to hear it.

November 23, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  39. bonjovi has cheated on D girl for most of the marriage...

wonder why

November 23, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  40. Terrible*

just terrible*

November 23, 2012 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  41. notfundeddemocrat

like bon jovi is...he's not making holiday baskets this year.

November 23, 2012 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  42. do the parents battle depression?

just curious

November 23, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  43. MoneyThreat

wonder how men feel when women threaten them because they can control them through money. Men respond....
    most would throw the woman out but other men who deal with it explain please....

November 23, 2012 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  44. beatles spot on

Can't buy me love, love
    Can't buy me love

I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend
    If it makes you feel all right
    I'll get you anything my friend
    If it makes you feel all right
    Cause I don't care too much for money
    For money can't buy me love

I'll give you all I've got to give
    If you say you love me too
    I may not have a lot to give
    but what I've got I'll give to you

No, no, no, no

Say you don't need no diamond ring
    And I'll be satisfied
    Tell me that you want those kind of things
    that money just can't buy
    For I don't care too much for money
    Cause money can't buy me love
    Ooh, can't buy me love, love
    Can't buy me love, no

November 23, 2012 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  45. MoneyThreat

November 23, 2012 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  46. He needs to find a real girlfriend...

we always thought that anyway

November 23, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  47. I'd cheat on her too

she's a pig

November 23, 2012 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  48. mikebo

I guess the Beatles were wrong.Can't buy me love.

November 23, 2012 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  49. Dan

His music is awful, and he cheated on his wife.

November 23, 2012 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  50. JJ

SAD............
    He needs to pay more attention to his family and less attention to politics.

November 23, 2012 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  51. thats right...us

a small experiementation out of curiousity but we new the rule and who wanted to our parents up our ass until we die. our parents called their theorpy BANG ZOOM psychology...we (the girls) never smoked cigs in front of our parents because we knew our fathers would take the pack of cigs and smash it. the boys could smoke but
    they did no want to see the women do it. lol

November 23, 2012 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  52. bob

i'd hit it.

November 23, 2012 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  53. Hm

That 19 should be locked up in detention for use of drugs! Charges should not have been deleted! So! Messed up!! I thank God that my daughter was always smart and still is to not do drugs!! Kids turn to drugs when you don't have God in your hearts,mind and soul! Money and fame don't fix the problem!!!! But,if you work together with God you can do anything!

November 23, 2012 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
    • phunk

You should ask God to help you out with your syntax.

November 23, 2012 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
    • antikristos

Why doesn't "God: help this girl instead of having people like you chastise this person?

November 23, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • anthonycasale@verizon.net

charges were dropped for her and friend because laws were changed recently in NY (not for any special treatment); cant get charged for posession or use of small amounts if you are the victim or are calling in for help; the change in the law was meant to encourage drug users to call for help when they needed it without fear of prosecution

November 23, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Please...

tell baby bonjovi if you don't get your act together mommy is going too scream her lungs and make your life a living h*ll until your 30 years old. thats a psychology we know well in my family

November 23, 2012 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
    • tensas

You're right – thats the way to go – and another thing, the rest of you kooks who can't say anything nice just leave JBJ alone.

November 23, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Dana

She is not the first or the last person who pass throught it. I wish her and her family all the best.I have a child and I understand how hard it is for parents in this situation.

November 23, 2012 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
    • jules

very true. i am also a mother to a 19 year old college kid. things happen, fix, support and move on..

November 23, 2012 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  56. sigh

Unfortunate headline.

November 23, 2012 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  57. Ozzy

So is this going to get her kicked out of school? Because if it doesn't, then THAT is preferential treatment. Colleges have zero tolerance for drug possesion on their property. I bet the boy involved Wont be allowed to be a student at hamilton anymore.

November 22, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  58. doingnothingalldaylong

how was your thanksgiving did you eat alot?

November 22, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  59. how was tv today--

anything good on tonight?

November 22, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  60. splassher6

Bon Jovi is owned by the mob

November 22, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  61. we function different then others

if my daughter had drugs in her gucci handbag – i as her mother would put my foot right up her ass....no excuses and
    no rehab needed

November 22, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donna

Yeah because attacking your kid is going to make them stop using drugs. Maybe you need to examine why you want to hit your child in the first place. Are you prone to hitting your child when they disagree with you? You seem like you'd ultimately be the reason why your child would be drawn to drugs.

November 22, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • lynn

My mother had the same parenting as you. And no I didn't do drugs! I think that's the problem with children today...no fear! So if their dumb kids break into my house to sell crap for drugs forget the foot ..try gun.

November 22, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

haha what's funny is there is a "report abuse" button below your post.

November 23, 2012 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  62. we function different then others...

if my daughter had drugs in her gucci handbag - i as her mother would put my foot right up her ass....no excuses and
    no rehab needed.

November 22, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  63. we had better hopes for jon bon jovi

but unfortunately he runs a dysfunctional system in his household and his wife is a disaster area.

November 22, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  64. recoverering

as a recovering addicted its not a joke,I'm 52 5yrs clean the kids that are living though the herion hell is unbeilveible rich, poor,no color bounds. Thank God she has a family behind her,becuz that poison kills more children than can be saved.so good for her and I hope she gets thru rehab ... but ay least she has a family that cares whether hes a star or not!

November 22, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bayousara

I wonder how I made it to age 71 without doing drugs. I went to college late and was exposed to cocaine and marijuana. I never felt the need to try either of them. What ever happened to just not doing it even if you have the opportunity?

November 22, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  65. GROW FROM LOVE

I THINK THAT WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND MONEY AND FAME DON'T EXEMPT YOU FROM BEING HUMAN. SHE MADE A STUPID MISTAKE HOPEFULLY SHE LEARNED A LITTLE SOMETHING IN THE PROCESS.

November 22, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • John W.

First, she "made a mistake"? Accidentally missing your turn is a mistake. Paying money for an Adam Sandler movie is a mistake. This rich, privileged adult woman made a choice to become a drug addict.

Second, WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING!?!

November 24, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  66. heeey

hey Jon, share some of that teeth whitening stuff with those ladies

November 22, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Sulin

I read a few days ago that New Jersey law allows drug charges to be dropped if the suspect survives a drug overdose in order to concentrate on rehab. Leave them alone.

November 22, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eastender

Yes, if you seek medical attention, then you cannot be charged. But she is still facing misdemeanour charges for possession for having a controlled substance. I hope she gets the help she needs.

November 22, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  68. sean

opinionerydude says: WHY were the charges DROPED!!!!!!!!????????
    If you mean DROPPED, it is because the law says that if someone calls for help in the case of an overdose they won't be prosecuted. It's better than leaving the OD case in the bathtub or letting them die and running away.

November 22, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  69. opinionerydude

WHY were the charges DROPED!!!!!!!!????????

November 22, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  70. zaperdon

Hoping she is Ok – 19 is such a dangerous point in many peoples lives.

November 22, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Jim

I have great respect for this man who is known as generous and down to earth despite his fame. He is socially vocal in a balanced, intelligent way, and he is leaving a luminous trajectory on our music.

Unfortunately with his fame comes the halo that surrounds his family, and sometimes it is hard for his dear ones. I know that he is sailing these rough waters wisely, and wish wholeheartedly he and his family will be ok. His daughter is just a college kid, and what's happening to her happens to so many. And so many are never discovered...

November 22, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norm

You can't be serious. He has a multi million dollar castle in NJ and keeps a couple of bee hives on the property so he can claim it a farm to avoid property taxes. He opens a "soup kitchen" in a one of the wealthiest towns in NJ. Been there, not a single poor person, just a bunch of other empty headed limosine liberals. As for his contributions to music.... right...

November 22, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leigh

I have been a big Bon Jovi fan for years and have seen them in concert 8 times. There is nothing more beautiful that when Jon smiles that famous smile. The band works very hard and all of them are involved in solo projects. They are talented in many ways. Check out Tico's art-he is a serious artist who gets big bucks for his work. Jon is most likely one of the savviest businessmen in the entertainment industry today. Jon puts his money where his mouth is. He loves his family very much and I'm sure he is just as worried and concerned for his daughter as any of the rest of us would be. Have a little compassion.

November 25, 2012 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  72. Us

the woman can never get it together.

November 22, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  73. awful *

sadness to her self esteem issues.

November 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  74. the blue piglet

no life.

November 22, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  75. not home.

November 22, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Jobi

Of course, he is a Liberal, Boot-lip A**-Kisser, Who called His President to get his Daughter pardoned without being official, Duh .........

November 22, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • sean

Jobi: a typical right-wing know-nothing big mouth with his head firmly inserted in his anal orifice. EVERYTHING is Obama's fault to the deluded losers. She wasn't "pardoned", dolt. It's because the law says that if someone calls for help in the case of an overdose they won't be prosecuted. Educate yourself before you speak...oh I forgot, there's no chance of that.

November 22, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenny

He's a republican! not a liberal, dummy.

November 22, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Gregory

I think the OD and the addiction are punishment enough for anyone. Arresting someone after the fact is pointless and petty. This girl and her family have a far more serious problem than any court of law could impose on them.

As the father said, fame and fortune only get you so far. Life happens to all of us and nothing can insulate one from the good and bad that everyone experiences.

November 22, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Becca

I have to agree Gregory. This would be tragic to any family but I do believe that the nasty comments made on here are people that are jealous. My self we have to live on pay check to pay check due to illness and medical bills. But that does not make me jealous of anyone who works and has more than I do.I can see Jon just being all torn up over this as no one wants to hear of their kids being on drugs or booze. Jon is a wonderful man and he does a lot to help people out also. I do hope his daughter goes to rehab and gets better the 1st time so this does not happen again. I have the best wishes for her and the family.

November 22, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  78. dave

The guy tips the help generously at restaurants. He also helped some friends{who aren't rich and famous) in the music business with their careers when he didn't have to. The guy did spread his good fortune around.

So how about everyone ease up on his daughter

November 22, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • RoadRunner

Oh. So you're saying he is a Socialist. He should be deported for spreading his wealth around among needy people! It's un-American, I tell you.

November 22, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

roadrunner–no–i am not saying he is a socialist or a capitalist or a communist -there always has to be someone no matter what the article is about–to bring up politics

November 22, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Becca

I agree dave. This man has helped so many people and I think everyone who talks and makes nasty comments has to be only jealous. I wish this family nothing but good luck!

November 22, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Chad

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Please allow Mr. Bongiovi work out his personal business privately. I'm quite certain he is doing everything he can to help his daughter.

November 22, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Deep Thoughts

Celebrity or not its a sad story. I hope the daughter can beat the addiction. * spray troll be gone.

November 22, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Mike

Did anyone notice that in the last paragraph the article refers to her as "Bongiovi". I wonder if that was on purpose or if maybe the writer was looking for something as he was writing? Just saying.

November 22, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sari

He also did that in the first paragraph because that's their last name. Bon Jovi is the stage spelling.

November 22, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Valerie

Ummmmm, that's how he really spells his name, you know, the one on his birth certificate.......he's been around for over 20 years and you didn't know this?????????? You ARE aware most people in show business alter or altogether change their names, aren't you????????

November 22, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • filmkid

That's her last name – what's the big deal?

November 22, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Put Your Thinking Caps On

You don't really believe that do you, Kathy? I once had a roommate in NYC who OD'd on heroine and died in our apartment only to be revived by the EMTs. He was never charged for any drug related misdemeanors. And I can promise you he WAS NOT a celebrity.

November 22, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Raine

No matter what your "job" is, a celeb, politician, or the evry day person, sadly drug addiction OR mental illness can happen in ANY family. I pray that Stephanie wins the battle against the deamons she's addicted herself to, her family will always be there for her. God Bless & thanks Jon for really great music!

November 22, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Wordsmith

Hmm. On this Thanksgiving day, I am thankful I'm not one of these jerks on here who has nothing better to do than trashmouth other people to try to make themselves feel bigger/better. I really have to wonder about people who are so insecure in themselves that they must resort to acting so hateful and juvenile. I guess the anonymity of the internet brings out the true goodness in some ... the true ugliness in the rest.

How you nasty, anonymous creatures can stand to look at yourselves is beyond me. I will say though that, the next time you look in the mirror, you will recognize one of the basest of mankind.

November 22, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  85. dont be a sucker

Another celebrity who didn't monitor their kids life properly

I gotta admit that I'm surprised that Jon is that irresponsible, he always seemed to have it together

November 22, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pragamatic

You have no heart, no children, both, or have never had to live in the civilized world where drugs ARE available to anyone who looks hard enough.

This has nothing to do with Jon, this has to do with his daughter experiencing life. She didn't OD because Bon Jovi wasn't supervising her, she did of her own volition, exposure, and her surroundings.

This is her fault, it's terrible, and she deserves love, compassion, assistance, and recognition of the fact that all people are susceptible to this demon. I fell into it for two years and pulled myself out. Today, 13 years later, I'm married, and have a great career.

My parents did everything they could, it was My decision to use the drugs, not my parents.

November 22, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Valerie

"Monitor"?? Who? His 19 year old legally adult daughter? I laugh at your comment and mostly, at YOU.

November 22, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  86. josh

Shot thrugh the arm and your to blame

November 22, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Paragraph Bore

shut her off–

November 22, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Blabla

They are democrats and support drugs. What is the story and who cares.

November 22, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • TheBlueLion

Blabla, ill think of you and your outdated, dying, baby boomer drug policy beliefs as I bubble a phat democratic binger since its now legal in my state. Neener neener neener! Lol.

November 22, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  88. everyone almost done with their cooking and chores?

she's bonjovi's daughter.

November 22, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  89. Lisa

Come on charging someone or throwing them in jail for drugs is pointless and doesn't help. The dealers have to go to jail the users to rehab.

November 22, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  90. kathy

Think he is a nice guy and all but don't understand why drug charges are dropped against a girl who obviously possessed heroin and overdosed on it...is this the case of celebreties being treated differently than anyone else? Not a good example for young kids messing with drugs.

November 22, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Jake

Charges were dropped because of New York State's Good Samaritan Law, which basically says that individuals requiring medical help due to an overdose can't be charged with misdemeanor crimes.

November 22, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Double standard

Yes this is a case of preferential treatment. In Texas you get a permanent record- In NY or LA you get the front page of tabloids -a slap on the wrist -and your record is wiped clean!

November 22, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  91. NameMm*

I am a fan. I hope his daughter successfully completes rehab.

November 22, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  92. bad2worse

Send pictures..................................!

November 22, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Joe

The mans daughter could have died! Why don't act like a human being and leave politics out of this. I'd rather be a "wealthy Democrat" than a heartless, cold, "god fearing" Republican any day!

November 23, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |