Today's news you might've missed:
- Dog lovers, please arm yourselves with Kleenex in preparation for this. Fiona Apple, exceedingly verbose as always, is canceling her tour because her dog is dying. She wrote in a four-page letter (cue Aaliyah song) to fans on Facebook, "Here's the thing. I have a dog Janet, and she's been ill for almost two years now, as a tumor has been idling in her chest. ... She's my best friend and my mother and my daughter and my benefactor, and she's the one who taught me what love is. I can't come to South America. Not now." [BuzzFeed]
- Rob Schneider's the proud papa of a little girl. "Miranda Schneider!!! Born 8:59 pm! Mommy and Baby happy and healthy! Gracias por sus buenos deseos!" he posted to his Twitter account Saturday.
- If you can afford a week of Starbucks lattes, you can afford to see Jon Bon Jovi in concert. Tickets for a string of 2013 shows are starting at just $19.50. [USA Today]
- The number of the dearly departed on "The Walking Dead" just keeps going up, so it's about time that they cast someone new. "The Wire's" Chad Coleman has landed a key role as Tyreese on the AMC series, and will serve as Rick's second-in-command. [TVLine]
- If you ask Jennifer Lawrence what she loves most about her new "Catching Fire" co-star, Sam Claflin, she'll tell to ask Josh Hutcherson, because "They are in love. It's a full-blown bromance and it's really bromantic and adorable. It's really cute. It's annoying, but it's cute." [MTV]
- So, Chris Daughtry has turned into one of those take-a-topless-shot-while-I'm-posing-in-front-of-my-bathroom-mirror-with-my-iPhone type of people. We didn't peg him for it, but his abs really aren't anything to sneeze at. [People]
- Season two of "Smash," we eagerly await you!