Starz cancels Kelsey Grammer's 'Boss'
November 20th, 2012

Starz cancels Kelsey Grammer's 'Boss'

Kelsey Grammer's "Boss" was acclaimed but short-lived, as Starz has decided to cancel the series after two seasons.

The network announced their decision Tuesday, saying in a statement that they've "made the difficult decision to not proceed with 'Boss'" for a third round, Deadline reports.

"We remain proud of this award-winning show, its exceptional cast and writers, and are grateful to Kelsey Grammer, [creator] Farhad Safinia and our partners at Lionsgate TV."

"Boss" wasn't performing phenomenally in ratings but they were steady, and those tuning in were part of a small but strong fanbase, Deadline notes. With "Boss" gone, "Spartacus" remains Starz's only original programming that's lasted more than two seasons.

For fans, there's hope that they haven't seen the last of Grammer's Chicago Mayor Tom Kane, a role that won Grammer a Golden Globe. The site reports that there are discussions being held examining the possibility of turning the conclusion of Kane's story into a two-hour movie.

Filed under: television

1. Way too much analysis about this show....

day by day with sickness, house of cards, 2 hrs may still work–bloggers can be so negative about tv shows.

November 22, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. fireoasis

This is a great show, but the very premise of the show means it was going to be short lived. **SPOILER** he was going to reach a point where his illness was going to take him out of the seat of power, and his illness was going to take over. The show could not continue forever. I felt that they have already pressed the limits of what they could hide of his illness in the show and what could be realistic, without the house of cards falling down. I do not see how a whole new season could even be written without dragging it out and boring us to tears. I like the idea of a 2 hour movie though to bring it all to an end and closing it out, showing us how it all ends for this show clearly was going to have an end.

November 21, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Kelsey Troubles

I'm surprised this show didn't do well. he's a very good actor.

November 21, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Erin

I miss Frasier. And by Frasier, I mean Niles Crane.

November 21, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Same old stuff

Kelsy is already making excuses.. it couldn't be that people are bored of watching him.. it couldn't be that even though he thought it was the best show ever produced that people still weren't watching it.. NOOOO.. it has now become "politics" because he came out as being a republican. LOL, what a loser he has become.

November 21, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Meh

Personally, I thought the best thing he did was get dressed up in blue for the xmen movie

November 21, 2012 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  7. Me

i love having a strong fan base–tonight will be another night of pure fun!

November 21, 2012 at 4:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. jim

I enjoyed Boss and I think Starz is making a mistake by canceling it. Now I expect they will cancel Magic City too! I will just watch the shows I like on Showtime and HBO until Magic City starts again. I guess it will always suck to be a small but strong fanbase. Kelsey; You were great and I look forward to seeing you in the future whatever you do. Thank you for your performance.

November 21, 2012 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mark Summer (Marie's Brother)

the other wife wasn't exactly a bargain.

November 20, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Marie Summer

i guess he didn't want to be married to her anymore.

November 20, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. nancy

So – me being on topic here....mr grammer deserves what he gets.....to leave your wife and 2 small children for a younger woman is wrong.....hopefully his career will wilt and we will never see him again. So glad this show was cancelled.

November 20, 2012 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. nancy

what do these comments have to do with kelsey grammar?

November 20, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. victoria

not exactly couple of the year are they?

November 20, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. TWITTERNZ T?

do you have anything you can help us with?

November 20, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. frenchfries9002

ok.

November 20, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  16. TWITTERNZ T

WAIT ABOUT 4YRS!!!

November 20, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  17. you will continue to be monitored every single day

because you don't give a darn about about our friend. (9002) we'll get the real liar ... don't worry–this is what we
    do for a living.

November 20, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  18. *

she has only had 1 problem in her life and that was 9002 and now 2012. keep in mind what i am saying....today tommorrow or next year i will personally get this blogging sting operation and get the leader
    of the pack, computers the whole 9 yards . your a disgrace and i would recommend you leave this person alone.
    you will never have the honor of reallying knowing this woman like we do.

November 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  19. fat joe

I hope you can't see me I'm n ekked. You'd see my big giant hippopotamus belly.

November 20, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Lets roll

i

November 20, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  21. if you can see me and i can't see you

then your under bully charges and abuse charges...remember what i'm say to you–

you bullied me in 200nine and you are bullying me now.... we are going to end this before christmas

November 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |