What's the verdict on 'Twilight's' big finale?
November 19th, 2012

What's the verdict on 'Twilight's' big finale?

After we asked Twi-hards and Twi-haters to weigh in on the end of "Twilight," (using the hashtag "#whentwilightends") they also came back on iReport to tell us just what they thought about this weekend's $141.3 million grand finale, "Breaking Dawn - Part 2."

As he has done a few times before, iReport film critic Rajiim Gross went into the heart of "Twilight" mania at his local Newport, Kentucky theater to take in the movie himself and interview fans - quite a few of whom spent all of Thursday watching a marathon of "Twilight" movies.

Many of the fans agreed that the final "Twilight" was the best "Twilight," but Gross himself was a little less impressed. Click the video below to see his full length review.

Elizabeth Lauten from Alexandria, Virginia was even more down on the new movie, saying that she only felt that 25 minutes of it was worthwhile.

Byron Thomas called "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" the first and only "Twilight" movie he would ever see, but he did get a shot of these three fans in Bluffton, South Carolina dressed (more literally than one might expect) in vampire and werewolf attire:

Melissa Fazli, on the other hand, has seen them all. The Yorba Linda, California resident was a bit put off by what she called bad CGI work, but she quite enjoyed the movie at the end of the day.

Another positive review came from critic Brett Martin of Atlanta. Despite feeling that the "Twilight" saga "overstayed its welcome," and that the final book should not have been split into two movies, he ended up granting it a four rating (out of five). Check out the full review below on video.

What did you think of "Breaking Dawn - Part 2?" Post your own iReport or comment below. And let us know what you will do now that it's all over on Twitter using #whentwilightends.

In the meantime, check out this interview with three vampires from the movie, Maggie Grace, Mia Maestro and Marisa Quinn.

1. Jolly Rancher

i need my eye candy-wish it would get closer though–

November 21, 2012 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. The One Who Knows

Can we FINALLY be done with this rediculous waste of people's time? It was insipid in its conception, idiotic in its execution and inane in its result. Sad how so many people were sucked into the occult-worshiping that was the entire series. With "Breaking Wind" at least we can be rid of the botox-overdosed "actress" and the eye-candy-with-no-acting-ability costars.

"Plan 9 from Outer Space" seems like Shakespear compared to this drivel.

November 21, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. Whattowear

Kristen is a cheat we must be careful of those type of women. they are hungry.
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

November 21, 2012 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. myuntidydesk

I was disappointed that we didn't see more family interaction with Reneesme. I was creeped out by the face of the young actress who played Reneesme being superimposed on the babies, young girls that played the role. I would have rather they showed a similar looking baby with it's real face and then maybe distance or partially hidden facial shots for the other little girls playing the role until Mackenzie Foy took over. I also wanted to see the rest of the Cullens as Bella described them in the book... beautiful and perfect.... dazzling colors to their skin, teeth, etc.

The ending however was great.. Aro's laugh alone was hilarious.

Mostly it was nice to see Kristen Stewart not seem so awkward anymore. She woke up a strong vampire mom and woman and it really showed in her performance!

November 20, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. m

do i really have to keep talking to these 2 dysfunctional vampires. geeze.

November 20, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bug 3

November 20, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tammy

I fell asleep both times I tried to watch the first movie. This movie, however was great! Loved how they tied it up. Loved the fight scene towards the end.... really easy to watch movie. 2 thumbs up!!

November 20, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Danimal

The movies I have seen so far were poorly filmed. The wolves looked like cartoon characters and the acting is terrible. So after the first 2 movies I quit watching. They just seem so lame. I know lots of kids like it which is fine. It's the adult women swooning over an ugly skinney vampire or a high voiced wearwolf that make me laugh. Get a life people.

November 20, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. sandy

Have not seen Part 2 yet, can't wait, Hate to see them come to an end!!

November 20, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Snorlax

Our kids watch this liberal garbage put out by Hollywood, and we wonder why the country is going south so quickly.

November 20, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Voiceover Service

You are aware it's written by a Christian? By the way, you sound like one of the white hairs interviewed in the Woodstock movie! lol!

November 20, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • myuntidydesk

Would you rather kids watched violent movies put out by such a wonderful right wing role model like Arnold Schwarzenegger?

November 20, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • blahblah

Yes, you're right, our country is in the crapper because...of...vampires!!!

November 20, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peetie

Actually the author is a Mormon. Which although I know Mormons are Christian, Christians do not tend to think so...

November 21, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  11. cs

The books were geared toward pre-teens as are the movies. Get a grip people, just pure fun for "tweens"...geez

November 20, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  12. One more time Rob

rob responsible also–send me all the scripts from last few months from the actress for review
    as u said she is bold but she is not good at it.

November 20, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  13. Dan

Never watched it and don't care.

November 20, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  14. urinsecure

I'm sure you look amazing and everything about you is perfect.

November 20, 2012 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  15. a fan

I enjoyed all the movies. And I still enjoy watching them again on tv. You're only young once before life gets more complicated so watching movies with young passionate love, some mild violence and suspense is fun & relaxing .

November 20, 2012 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  16. Regina

First, let me say I have read all the books and I have seen all the movies. The fight scene was the best part of the movie and worth the $12 I paid to see the film. It was about 25 mins of fun and excitement! The rest of the movie is FORGETABLE! I've given Meyers and Summit my last hard earned cash.

November 20, 2012 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
    • ktina

I totally agree with u Regina...the fight scene was awesome but the rest of the movie was just okay!

November 20, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mary tucker

If you do not like the movies just dont comment. I have seen all but this one and read the books too. I found them to be very good, I always enjoyed vampire/werewolf movies. Edward and Bella are favorites.

November 20, 2012 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
    • SnappinTurtle

Mary, the article is about opinion, why do you determine that only people who harbor a favorable have a right to comment?

November 20, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  18. Jiminy Glick

There's a meatloaf in my pants.

November 19, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  19. USA

I'm a twit fan : ]

November 19, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Notafan

Saw the movie Saturday, I didn't like 3 or 4 at all. 1 and 2 were okay. Have to say I thought 5 was pretty good. If I never saw any of them again I wouldn't care.

November 19, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Kayla lynn

Im a hudge twlight fan.havent seen breaking dawn part 2 yet but i know it will be great! Sad its came to an end!

November 19, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jv

Boring..yawn

November 19, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  23. aprildawn

i didn't get to see the finale of the twilight saga:( but i'm sure when i do its going to be amazing! I love twilight;)

November 19, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kol

wake me up when it's 2016.

November 19, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  25. angie

I think that breaking dawn part 2 gots to be the best

November 19, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  26. 1234

All fine and good, but, has anybody been following the stuff going on along Euphrates River and the book of revelations in Bible. People get ready!

November 19, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • csmalls

It's Revelation (not revelations).

November 19, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • *

November 20, 2012 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
    • had to report you

1234 is and old password of mine. we need to check it (A)

November 20, 2012 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
    • had to report you

Sorry, I have to report you for being a -tard. You are the lamest clown on these blogs! Go back to pumpin your buddy's plump rump and schlobin da knob!

November 20, 2012 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Visara

Sorry, I don't buy into 'prophecies' from a book of fiction. Is that the same book that recommends killing disobedient children? Same book that says a man who lived to 900 years old built a boat and somehow fit two of every species of animal on board? Yeah, no thanks. I have a little more common sense that that.

November 21, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

Visara it's not fiction everything from The Holy Bible can be proven historically with true facts. Educating yourself is very important whether for or against The Bible. You dont want to oopen your mouth and look like a fool. Although amusing as it may be for me to see people think they know anything when obviously you know nothing, i must stress knowledge truly is power. I guess you'll be one of the ones that realize it's true when it's just too late.

November 23, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Name*Silverblue

They should expand the saga for another 5 movie so more money can be sucked out of the pockets of movie idiots that think this saga is great because it ain't.

November 19, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • angie

It is great you jocab lover im a edward lover ir coruse

November 19, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • CS

The movies were geared toward pre-teens as are the movies. Get a grip people, just pure fun for "tweens"...geez

November 20, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  28. *

as u said she is bold but she is not good at it.

November 19, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |