Today's news you might've missed:
- CBS has finally cut its losses with "Partners" and has canceled the freshman half-hour sitcom. Re-runs of other comedy shows will start on Monday. [THR]
- We're starting to wonder about the orchestration behind this Bieber/Gomez breakup - every day, there seems to be a new text or tweet or photo that keeps the "are they, or aren't they?" guessing game going a while longer. Most recently, it was a reported all-day meet-up at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Super-pop-culture sleuths: do either of these young'uns have something to promote? Maybe we should ask Allison Williams about this. [Perez]
- Speaking of suspicious press, Katy Perry and John Mayer's photo tour of love is throwing us off a bit. Isn't the point of this celebrity game to pretend like you don't want your picture taken, while still allowing a slim opportunity for the paparazzi to do so? Maybe these two didn't get the memo. [Us Weekly]
- Oh, Matthew McConaughey, we've so been there bro. Ever dieted yourself into a cheeseburger fantasy? That's what a once-buff McConaughey, who's dropped 38 pounds for a new role, gets caught up in describing at the link. [HitFix]
- Rihanna and People magazine seem to agree: If there were ever a contest between Ryan Gosling and Channing Tatum, Channing FTW.