Sorkin: Jobs biopic will be told in three scenes
November 16th, 2012

Sorkin: Jobs biopic will be told in three scenes

Aaron Sorkin is taking Steve Jobs' campaign to "Think Different" to heart, and he's revealed an interesting story structure for his upcoming biopic of the late tech icon.

Speaking with the Editor-in-Chief of Newsweek and the Daily Beast, Tina Brown, Sorkin said that "this entire movie is going to be three scenes, and three scenes only, that all take place in real time."

With the hope that he wouldn't "get killed by the studio" for pulling the curtain so far back on the concept, Sorkin explained that "real time is when a half-hour for you in the audience is the same as a half-hour for the character on the screen - there will be no time cuts."

Additionally, each of the three scenes will "take place backstage before product launch. The first one being the Mac, and the second one being NeXT, after he had left Apple, and the third one being the iPod."

Sound intriguing? That's what Sorkin's aiming for.

"I don't know if you remember the ad campaign that he did, it was the 'Think Different' campaign, here's to the crazy ones? If I can end the movie with that text, that voiceover ... if I can earn that ending, then I'll have written the movie that I want to write."

"The Newsroom" showrunner will also direct the as-yet-untitled project.

Filed under: movies

1. kess

thy are not supos to be "visiting others"..duz note matr wht my joks wre....

November 19, 2012 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. when you see them

keep your head down–especiallly her.

November 19, 2012 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  3. jacob45678

Wow… My best friend Abigale has just announced her wedding with a handsome millionaire shortly after they met on~~~ SēēkingRίch.c0m~~~ 6 months ago. This is a dating site where you can meet rich successful men and classy gorgeous women such as CEOs, athletes, doctors, lawyers, models, celebrities, etc….Maybe you can take a try

November 17, 2012 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  4. It has the rosary beads in is mouth

while its hacking in right now

November 17, 2012 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet Discount

Along with every little thing which appears to be developing within this area, your opinions tend to be very refreshing. On the other hand, I appologize, because I do not subscribe to your entire strategy, all be it exhilarating none the less. It would seem to us that your commentary are not completely validated and in actuality you are generally your self not wholly certain of your assertion. In any case I did enjoy reading it.
    Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet Discount http://www.mkhiphop.net/

November 17, 2012 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. wonder if he likes lip plumpers.

November 16, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. I want to think some more....

and then pucker