iReport: What's the verdict on 'Skyfall?'
November 12th, 2012

iReport: What's the verdict on 'Skyfall?'

[Editor's Note: The following post contains iReport movie review videos, which may be considered spoilers.]

No doubt about it, "Skyfall" already has the potential to be the biggest James Bond film ever at the box office and has won over critics, but what about Bond fans?

Moviegoers - many of whom were fresh from midnight screenings - took to iReport to post their movie reviews on video.

Trevor Dougherty, a student in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, called the movie "glorious," not to mention "super-fantastic."

He was surprised at two major points in the movie, saying it was "full of surprises, and wonderfully unpredictable." He was also blown away by the cinematography.

Movie critic Brett Martin of Atlanta called it "Bond at his best."

"The opening chase seen may be the best ever, and it sets the tone for a really good spy thriller and pure Bond fantasy," he said.

Martin - who ultimately gave the movie five out of five - felt that we learned more about Bond than in any other previous movie.

It wasn't all praise however. Big 007 fan Joyce Chow is not too fond of the entire series of Daniel Craig Bond movies, saying they are too much like the "Bourne" movies.

Without getting into spoilers, the Los Angeles-based iReporter cited many things done in the movie "which would be unheard of by the Ian Fleming 'King and Country' James Bond."

She considers this movie a "jump the shark" moment.

Rajiim Gross, on the other hand, was with the pro-"Skyfall" camp, big time.

He praised the "the stunts, photography and scope" of the film.

"If you're a Bond fan, it's a definite must-see film!"

The Fort Thomas, Kentucky resident awarded the film a grade of A.

Filed under: iReport • movies • Weekend reviews

1. Santa

The Lord is my shepherd,
    I shall not want;
    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
    He leads me beside still waters;
    He restores my soul.
    He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley
    of the shadow of death,
    I fear no evil;
    for You are with me;
    Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life;
    and I shall dwell in the house of the
    Lord forever.

November 14, 2012 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
    • darn

The Lord is my shepherd,
      I shall not want;
      He makes me lie down in green pastures.
      He leads me beside still waters;
      He restores my soul.
      He leads me in paths of righteousness
      for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley
      of the shadow of death,
      I fear no evil;
      for You are with me;
      Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
      all the days of my life;
      and I shall dwell in the house of the
      Lord forever.

November 14, 2012 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. drush76

"SKYFALL" was utter crap and the only bad Bond film of Craig's that I have ever seen.

November 13, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jim Dandey

Better than Quantum of Solace, not as good as Casino Royale.

November 13, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jim Dandey

Somebody needs to teach Atlanta movie critic Brett Martin how to spell; it's "scene", not "seen". Moron...

November 13, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Hawk (7)

james bond is right here and right on the villain's case...

November 13, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. James Bond is so cute...

especially now with losing his hair and it turning grey....wow.

November 13, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. hawk (7)

i'd rather sleep with james bond then get in bed with you (hips)–see you tonight.

November 13, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Stooge(hips)

movie was great.

November 13, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ktina

I saw Skyfall this past weekend...and all i can say is that Javier Bardem was excellent as the villain...he reminded me of Heath Ledger as the Joker! Great movie as always....love love love Daniel Craig as Bond!

November 13, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Pino

Bond is a liberal stooge.

November 13, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. RRK

Just to set the scene, Sean Connery was Bond. thats it.
    However whilst all the other Bonds entertained, Craig has taken the role to another level. He is a good actor.
    I fear the CR plot was a little thin, but Craig carried it off well. Then to make QoS as a sequel was a great idea. Whilst I realise QoS was poorly written due to the writer strike, it came out well IMHO. It made Craigs Bond more serious and allowed him to grow into the role. It was therefore a mistake for Skyfall not to contain Quantum conten a real mistake,
    They actually filmed Bond killing Mr White, but never showed it. They could have connected the Skyfall plot to Quantum , but they didnt. Also why kill off M ? Judy Dench wanted to carry on ? Also on plot failure, when Bond was shot by Eve, then where was the wound ? The only wound they showed was the one from Patrice ? So how did he fall of the train ? How did he survive. Big gapes in the storyline. Bad editing. Also if you are Bond, on your long journey to Skyfall Lodge, then why didnt he have some ammunition shipped over by helicopter, like the baddies ? The plot and story was awful. The movie was not on par with what I expected from Craigs first two outings. Hope they bring back the Quantum story, otherwise, Jason Bourne gets my vote on complex spy stories. James Bond better go back to being in a spoof adventure.

November 13, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. saby

Saw Sky fall. Can't say I'm overly impressed. The effects and stunts were quite good. Javier Bardem should get an oscar nod, brilliant acting, in the vein of Heath Ledger as the Joker.. The plot was weak and very unbelievable. The movie was too long and dragged on (too much of a good thing is still too much). But the biggest drawback is Daniel Craig. He was very good in other movies like Munich, but as Bond he does not carry the soul and essence of the Bond we saw in Connery, Moore and Brosnan. He may be more like Fleming meant Bond to be, but at the end the stunts carry the movie not Craig.

November 13, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. uh no

black dress, fishnets and a purple velvet blazer and 4 inch heels...you?

November 13, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  14. jowera

Saw Skyfall last night. What's with M's earrings in that opening scene? When she's standing in front of the window, after Bond's been shot, she's got a dangling earring on her right ear, and a stud in her left. What's with that? Was there something "cool" about this that I missed?

November 13, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
    • steevoo

I, too, was wondering about the mismatched earnings. Is it a fashion statement? A continuity glitch? A spy thing? I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

December 3, 2012 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. I'd go with my special spy right now.

November 13, 2012 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Jowera

November 13, 2012 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
    • you saw the movie Jowera?

in another review you said you never saw the movie...maybe i'm wrong. sorry

November 18, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  16. Sean Connery was a boring bond

Roger Moore was Bond. check out octopu55y.

November 13, 2012 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
  17. i always new

Bond loved women. ha

November 13, 2012 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
  18. revert123

Nowadays, many women want to find a stable income and passionate man. Most of them choose the best way to meet a rich man on online dating site.
    Ŵeálthyluv. Com –It Is the best place to date successful men & classy mature women. Over 1700000 active members from local and worldwide. Free topost & browse. Easy to search. Live chat.

November 13, 2012 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  19. Mal Reynolds

Sean Connery is #1 Bond. Always will be. Skyfall is good though. Worth seeing. Craig is the athletic-stuntman Bond.

November 13, 2012 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
    • anna

Daniel Craig will never be Bond in my eyes – he is more like Rambo or the John Mclain from from Die Hard – all blood and guts, definately not suave like Connery and Moore – they are the real James Bonds.

November 13, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  20. IRuinMovies

Skyfall has so many illogical plot elements. Like why did the grounds keeper and M use a flashlight when they were walking through the field in the middle of the night. Its like waving a sign to the villains "Hey, over here! Come an find me so the plot can continue!"

Help me write up all the plot points that don't make sense for SkyFall and other movies at http://www.IRuinMovies.com.

November 13, 2012 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Pliny

The 'subway train-crash' scene was poorly done.

No secondary explosions.
      No billowing clouds of smoke/dust.
      No screaming/bloody passengers.

Oh...and a subway car does not crash thru a 3-foot-thick brick pillar.

And the helicopter-building crash was only marginally better.

Neither of these two criticisms are meant to criticize 'plot elements'.
      I'm just saying that the CGI people didn't do a great job on these shots.

Otherwise....I liked how Mendes took the movie away from the 'traditional bond formula'.

I think Mendes was bold in the 3rd act. The entire 'standoff' scene at Skyfall was derivitive of other movies (going back to 7 Samuari). But he made it work. Thank god he avoided doing a 'montage'.

And kudos to Judi Densch. She should be forever enshrined as a 'Bond Woman'.

I practically cheered when Bond unveiled his alternate-transportation....the original Aston-Martin DB5. Mendes wisely waited till that moment to unveil the 'classic Bond theme music'.....to very good effect.

November 13, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Jim

P00000000P.

November 12, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jacob1233

Wow… My best friend Abigale has just announced her wedding with a handsome millionaire shortly after they met on~ RίċhW00.c0m~ 6 months ago. This is a dating site where you can meet rich successful men and classy gorgeous women such as CEOs, athletes, doctors, lawyers, models, celebrities, etc….Maybe you can take a try

November 12, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • 0012

no thanks. I bet you work for Spectre. They are always trying to trick Maxwell Smart.

November 12, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • I can handle still handle it on my own.

Thank you. :)

November 13, 2012 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  23. Stacey

Quick question. Not that it matters, but is Daniel Craig straight? He seems a little frilly around the edges. Not a good choice for James Bond. Maybe him and Pierce Brosnan can go out on a date.

November 12, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  24. are you wearing jeans?

November 12, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Thedore_Williard_The_Fourth_Of_The_Willard_Estate_

It is quit obvious that this is not actually a great movie.Allow me to explain my rational:

firstly,In the movie 'Wall_E,there was a compelling story of love,romance,heartbreak and the most fluid annimatuon ive ever had the pleasure of witnessing.The great joy and sensations that occured from that viweing experiences was something that will last a life time,

the gun that Daniel Craig uses in said film is not an accurate portrayal of events that could actually take place.As said forth,non-accurate actions are not accurate.If non-accurate actions were accurate,they would be called accurate,and not non-accurate.

So in inclusion,this Film Skyfall,which is a film in the 007 James BOnd frandchise is not up to par with whtat he expectations were ands I have no choice but to say is sucked..

November 12, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  26. i'm scared of papo

aren't you.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

November 12, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  27. queens almost ready...mmmmmm

i want to see his bald head and ears up close now.

November 12, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Papo

Jeez, you can always count on anonymous internet message board posters to be cynical, uninformed, unintelligent and full of poor, poor taste... who apparently can't plainly see the BEST 007 film to date has come. Skyfall is fantastic.

November 12, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric

Well. I took my wide to see it last Saturday. We are both 007 fans. Daniel Craig just does not make a credible James Bond. He doesn't seem like a guy that likes the ladies, if you know what I mean. Even my wife commented he seems a little light in the loafers.

November 12, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Tool

My boyfriend and I saw it last night and we feel Roger Moore was the real Bond...

November 12, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  30. John T

Definitly a snooze fest.

November 12, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Nancy

I thought it was lame. Maybe exciting for a 13 year old but that's about it.

November 12, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  32. mikrik13

Well worth my entertainment dollars. I saw it twice this weekend, one of those with the wife. The crowd, and I do mean crowd loved it.

November 12, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Dan

I saw it over the weekend. It is ok but way way overhyped. Definitly overrated and silly at times. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. It's ok but not as great as everyone is letting on.

November 12, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |