Miley Cyrus reveals wedding plans: It has to be perfect
November 8th, 2012

Miley Cyrus reveals wedding plans: It has to be perfect

Although Billy Ray Cyrus appears to think otherwise, Miley Cyrus is planning to marry "Hunger Games" star Liam Hemsworth only once.

The 19-year-old clarifies in an interview on "Ellen" Thursday that she's not having multiple weddings, as her dad recently hinted to Us Weekly. Perhaps that was wishful thinking on Billy Ray's part, as he joked that he was angling to get a movie role or three out of this Hemsworth-Cyrus union.

"Liam asked if he could have my daughter's hand in marriage, and I said yes if I could be in his brother [Chris Hemsworth]'s next movie," Billy Ray told Us Weekly. "Now, they are going to have three weddings, so I'm thinking one movie with Chris, then we got the sequel to Liam's new movie coming out. They have got three weddings, that has to be three movies for me."

Unfortunately for Billy Ray's blockbuster dreams, Miley said she's planning no such thing.

"There's some rumor going around that I'm having 47 weddings, I'm not. I'm having one wedding, that's my day, and whatever I want on that day it'll be about me and that moment, that look of love," she told Ellen.

And while she doesn't know when her wedding will be, she does know exactly what she's aiming for: perfection.

"I'm so focused on my record, that I don't want to kind of be in between touring and trying to plan all that. ... It's a lot of weird detail. I don't want to be doing too much and be crazy and forget about the moment of it all," the 19-year-old said. "That moment of when he first gets to see me in my dress, and everything all together - it has to be perfect, it has to be like the soundtrack in like a movie."

A wedding day, she continued, is "the one day where that movie crap is real, that romance. I've been to probably 10, 20 weddings, and I've seen that real look five, six times. It's rare that people just stop to really look the person in the eye and know that this is your life together."

Filed under: Celebrities • Miley Cyrus

« Previous entry
  1. OC

Why? She'll get to do another one in less than five years.

November 18, 2012 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
  2. shaneal

well i guess people are way too mad about a wedding that is not even theirs..... why cant we all just let her be happy?...... in the end there is nothing we can do. If it is meant to be than let it but if its not then its just not. Simple as that. oh and stop talking about the way she looks. I bet you dont look to good yourself ether.

November 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ruben

Thank you for letting me know how I should think and what I shouldn't comment on(sarcasm) mother Teresa.

November 14, 2012 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  3. fiftyfive55

Any new stories ? this one is getting kind of old,dont ya think ?

November 12, 2012 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  4. Lizard Lance

The tattoos make her look trashy and the weed-whacked hair looks hideous. She's crying out for help but hooking up with another celebrity is only going to make matters worse. She needs an ordinary person to spend her life with but it's not going to happen. Sad.

November 12, 2012 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
  5. Towanda

Give her a break. She's awfully young but still – I vote for love and romance and hope it all works out for them. Best wishes.

November 11, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. when it comes to love...

i love being naive

November 11, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  7. max

she looks like a blond chipmunk

November 11, 2012 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  8. Dan

Only a little girl would put so much effort in a match that will be over in 2 to 3 years. Must be nice to be so naive.

November 10, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Katie

Nothing about Miley Cyrus's childhood was 'normal'...thanks to her bizarre parents. So why would anyone expect her to be 'normal' now? Considering the over-the-top behavior she has exhibited since her early teens, I will be very much surprised if her marriage lasts more than a year or two. I wish her luck.

November 10, 2012 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. just me

I still say she looks like she just smelled a fart whenever she smiles

November 9, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. happygirl

Ah, what a beautiful girl, I wish I could take her into my basement for a night.

November 9, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Nona

"...that's my day, and whatever I want on that day it'll be about me and that moment"

My day?? About me? What about "WE" and "US" and "OUR day"? Isn't that what a wedding should really be about?

November 9, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. centerfield

yeah....sure, whatever......she's relevant until the new headline of the day comes along....buh bye Miley.. there isn't ANYTHING more important to devote space to???

November 9, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. julesdd

That hair cut and color was a bad mistake she is fugly

November 9, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. how old is she?

November 9, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Rebbeca

I like her she is down to earth and very funny. Such jealousy here so sad

November 9, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Dave

Bucktoothed Hillbilly, who cannot act...just go away.

November 9, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. cutensweet40

She should be lucky to nail a hot guy like that

November 9, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  19. she's happy

let it be

November 9, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  20. bonehead

It won't be long until Miley will be on the talk show circuit describing the perfect divorce. I give it less than a year.

November 9, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  21. LOOK AT ME!

and my attention grabbing hair and the BS wedding and every other idiotic attempt to be relevant

November 9, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  22. Steve

"Something's wrong, it's like a pretty girl with short hair."

-Hank Hill

November 9, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  23. Harrry Baxter

After watching her less-than-competent guest appearances on "2-1/2 Men", I'm convinced that even Honey Boo Boo is more relevant than Miley.

November 9, 2012 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  24. Bluejeans in Chicago

Me me me me me me me..... It isn't about him too?

November 9, 2012 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  25. knucklecheese

ROFLMAO! Divorce plans will be announced next week. Is this stupid little spoiled-rotten brat still relevant? Was she EVER relevant to grown-ups? This is news? Yikes.

November 9, 2012 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  26. lady gaga

time of your life

November 8, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Bear

I can take the haircut, but that fake blond color hair and dark eyebrows is such a turn off.

November 8, 2012 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  28. wait wait....its

channel changing time–baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooo

November 8, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Abe

Honey Boo Boo mamma and deddy still together,so why caint that happen to Miley and her boyfriend?

November 8, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Miley's girls

she's cool and stable...i know people in the 40's who are waaaaaaaaaaay out there.

November 8, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  31. woodie

She is too young to get married and she is a spoiled rich kid and they make terrible wives.

November 8, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Mr. Lee

I give this relationship five years tops. She is way to independant.

November 8, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Rhonda

She is a pretty young girl, but I have no idea what she did with the hair she had. This is not a good look for her, in my opinion. Go back to the long brown hair!!!!! This hair style belongs on P!nk!!!! She is one of the only ones that can pull that look off.

And will she be dressed as Hannah Montana for the wedding? or as a pole dancer? or will they all be smokeing some unknown substance???

November 8, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  34. peick

The lucky groom gets to meet all those demands for perfection. Whoo-hoo!

November 8, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  35. palintwit

Obama gets 4 more years. Sarah Palin's head explodes and Karl Rove sticks his head in a gas oven. Teabaggers everywhere are stringing more barbed wire around their trailers. There is justice afterall. Bwahahahahahahahha !!

November 8, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  36. LOL

Wow, someone fu**ked her with the ugly stick and shot an ugly wad on her face and hair

November 8, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

You think she is ugly??? What is wrong with you? Way to much hating going on here.

November 8, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • LOL

I guess Im just used to getting higher quality material than this attention seeking daughter of a drunk hick nobody.

November 9, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  37. Wow

Granted these are interviews and you are put on the spot to make stuff up, but this girls view of what a wedding means and what marriage is is way off kilt.

November 8, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

It's her day, not yours. She is allowed to have her dream the way she wants it. Quit hating.

November 8, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  38. LucyRicardo

Hope she grows her hair out and changes color before that "perfect" wedding. She looks awful and she's a pretty young lady.

November 8, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • losers

It is her day - y'all just need to STFU - and let her live her dream.

November 8, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  39. dork where is my comment

see what i mean

November 8, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Deadlift

Gotta say her hairstyle is growing on me! I'm getting my head shaved in Feb for a cancer campaign and I would LOVE to rock a style like that just to say I did lol.

November 8, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • miley's mother knows and for the 170th time....

she doesn't freekin care(she does care) but you know what i mean.–its ok...if this is true its alright...i said this
      170 times- i talk like a pig - that's how it is when your work with them all day long...in the end any of those
      hints(if they are true) do not matter to me.

November 8, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  41. big guy

why are you allowing her to do this?

November 8, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Miley is stable

It will work

November 8, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Timme62

"that's my day, and whatever I want on that day it'll be about me and that moment, that look of love," Perhaps it would do Miley well to remember that a wedding is about the "two" of you.

November 8, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • LucyRicardo

Thanks, Timme62. Well put. I was thinking the very same thing. And the wedding not all about "ME," but neither is married life after the wedding. She'd better think about that. It's her immaturity showing through.

November 8, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  44. she's clearly in company information..

November 8, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  45. Traveler

"that's my day, and whatever I want on that day it'll be about me and that moment,"

And that folks, is why American women are sorely lacking...

November 8, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  46. My mother married when she was

19 and my father was 27...married 50 years....its possible

November 8, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Lan

My auntie was 17 when she got PREGNANT, married the father the same year, still together some 25+ years later.

If Miley's marriage doesn't work out, it has less to do with her age and more to do with the fact that she is a celebrity.

November 8, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Who Cares

Tom Hanks has a good marriage and about 10 more celebrities off the top of my head...

November 8, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lan

Yes there are certainly quite a few celebrity marriages that DO workout... but face it, majority don't!

November 8, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • OMG

Yes it is possible, but mind you, things were different back when your parents got married. People seemed to value marriages more back then and not willing to get divorced at the first sign of troubles. Plus people back then were much more mature in their late teens and early 20's, then people today are.

November 8, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Mister Bloo

19 year old celeb getting married = 900% chance of divorce

November 8, 2012 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Carol

I got married at 19 and Ive been married 41 years. It is possible!

November 9, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  48. I feel

she's mature and can perform.

November 8, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  49. Just Phone...

Miley strikes me as a good kid...her dad monitors her which is important. Billy is on broadway right nowand recently said Miley knows I'm on her case and i don't care how old she becomes...i'm her daddy and that is it!!!! Loved that comment. Billy has a fantastic theatrical voice. Broadway maybe a new career journey for him.

November 8, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • LMAO

Billy monitors her...where was he when she was getting high, and where was he when she was giving a lap dance to her director of "The Last Song" while she was underage? She is his meal ticket and that's all he cares about...look at his comments of wanting to get movie deals in exchange for her hand! Sure he said it jokingly, but there's an underlying message there...

November 9, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  50. rms

Too bad Miley is not as grounded as her Hannah Montana character was. This girl is coming off as nothing but immature and selfish. I realize she is trying to transition from child star to adult performer but she is not coming across as honest or sincere. I wish her luck as I have always been a fan of Billy Ray but I see her headed for a big crash when she finally wakes up to the reality of life after childhood fame.

November 8, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • youre out to lunch

Clearly you have a very distorted view of the world you live in, and see people how you WANT to see them and not how they actually are.

This isn't freaking lindsay lohan were talking about. Miley is a good girl. Get over it!

November 8, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  51. bagladyboutique

Reblogged this on Bag Lady Boutique.

November 8, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  52. owza

Im gonna eat the corn out of her pooooooo

November 11, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |