Lady Gaga pledges $1 million to Sandy relief
November 8th, 2012

Lady Gaga pledges $1 million to Sandy relief

After tweeting her love for New York last week as Superstorm Sandy barreled across the Northeast, Lady Gaga is making a grand gesture.

“A letter and a gift to New York and the American @RedCross,” she tweeted on Wednesday, followed by a link to her site, Littlemonsters.com.

“Today I pledge 1 million dollars to New York & The American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief,” she wrote in the open letter. “If it wasn't for NYC: the Lower Eastside, Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn, I would not be the woman or artist that I am today. New York is relentless ambition, a drive to succeed, a place where there is a natural pursuit of diversity through compassion.”

The singer, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, continued, “Please accept this gift on behalf of myself, my parents Joe and Cynthia, and my sister Natali; with our deepest gratitude New York for raising us. Thank you for helping me build my spirit. I will now help you rebuild yours.”

Filed under: Lady Gaga

1. Myntra Coupons

My recommendation is Piggie. It is very simple to use and best of all, it is free!

November 27, 2013 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. vaping kit

Delightful blog post. bookmarked

November 1, 2013 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Johnnie Coley

This website online is really a walk-via for all of the info you wanted about this and didn�t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you�ll definitely discover it.

October 22, 2013 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. Marie Doman

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know easy methods to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more standard because you definitely have the gift.

October 21, 2013 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. Hugo Fetzer

After research just a few of the weblog posts in your web site now, and I actually like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site checklist and shall be checking again soon. Pls take a look at my website online as effectively and let me know what you think.

October 18, 2013 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. Chung Kulseth

Forgive my stupidity, but I cannot to the life of me locate your sites rss feeds. Mind directing me to it? Thanks.

October 13, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Roma

What happened to this world? Even when you make something good, there is always criticism about what you have done..

January 5, 2013 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ShareAway

i get an award at 1 and i get an award for the award at 10pm tonight.

December 7, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. diety

It is the best time to make a few plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to recommend you few attention-grabbing things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles regarding this article. I wish to learn even more things approximately it!

December 7, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. sportowe

Fantastic submit, very informative. I ponder why the other specialists of this sector do not understand this. You must proceed your writing. I am sure, you have a huge readers' base already!|What's Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively useful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to contribute & assist different users like its helped me. Good job.

December 7, 2012 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
  11. fitness

That is very interesting, You're an excessively skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to in search of more of your fantastic post. Additionally, I've shared your site in my social networks

December 7, 2012 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  12. Seriously..

People need to stop hating on Lady Gaga. She possesses the biggest heart of nay person I know. She is always giving, and trying to do her best to help out people who are in need or in a dier situation. If she could, I know she would give away all of her fame and fortune to someone who really deserved it. So instead of dissing her, saying shes "not an artist" have a heart people.

November 15, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  13. pants

"“If it wasn't for NYC: the Lower Eastside, Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn, I would not be the woman or artist that I am today."

Apparently, she forgot to add AUTO-TUNE to that list.

November 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Itsallgoodnroanoke

Do Not Give To Any Organizations! Give to a family. They are undercover robbers. Sorry, It is what it is!

November 14, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  15. stagger

“If it wasn't for NYC: I would not be the woman or artist that I am today."

Thanks a lot NYC.

November 14, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. ohsnap

"I would not be the woman or artist that I am today"

One of the funniest statements I have ever read.

November 13, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jasi

are you NUTS? Red Cross will take your money and run. thieves!

November 13, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Pliny

She is wrong to say she is an artist.

Artists have talent.

November 13, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  19. angel

whatever the reason-it's awesome she did this-if more people of her stature and wealth did the same-they would have more than enough money to get these people going again-haters will hate-i say thank you GAGA-you rock!

November 12, 2012 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  20. was 2 not 5

lol

November 11, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  21. Leon Morris Peris

We are proud of her.

November 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Addrew

PLEDGE? Why not wait to give publicity until after the money is actually given? Weird.

November 10, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  23. something is just not right

with this gaga person

November 9, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  24. babysitter

same stuff.

November 9, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tanya

Anyone who gives anything to help is a hero in my book. It's cold outside and these people need help. I hope other wealthy people do the same thing. They get the tax write off and a family gets to eat. Win win.

November 9, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • joni

Kudos to Lady Gaga. That's wonderful. she grew up in NY and had nothing, and now she can afford to help those in need. I think that's very nice of her.

November 9, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. e vvasquez

I love Lady GaGa, and a I'm an old woman. I know the devasted of NY, thank you. And, you will be in my prayer's tonite, for your unselfishness. God Bless, you and the ones who have big heart's! You Go Giirl!

November 9, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jiminy Glick

Very nice gesture. I wish to show my appreciation by eating her soiled diapers.

November 9, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Liberty

I love ur gesture Lady Gaga, oh! I wish all the rich can act like u! Knowing that one day the Rich will also CRY FOR HELP!!! LOVE YA!

November 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Daniel

Well, I am not going to say "nice job" and all that jazz. This is called self promotion. She's worth about 125 million. She wanted to see her name in an article and that is all. It is still a nice thing to do, however.

November 9, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Localhost

Did you donate 1% of your net worth to hurricane relief?

I, for one, prefer to donate locally and will never give to the red cross again after they took all the katrina money and used it to "update their infrastructure" (new computers). They have as much overhead as any greasy telemarketing solicitor

November 9, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  30. tootired

Amazing. What is wrong with people? Gaga did something nice. The end. Stop whining.

November 9, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  31. wcraft

I think it's great she gave the money if she really cared though she could have done it anonymously

November 9, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • JG

By making it so public she is helping remind people why it is so important to donate or help in anyway you can. Good for her!

November 9, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. G Money

One Million! That's it?! She can do 10 Million and wouldn't even feel it!

November 9, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • tootired

Just never enough. If she had given 10 million you would have said she could do 20 million.

November 9, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Addrew

November 10, 2012 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  33. Cheryl

Classy lady. I Love Lady Gaga*

November 9, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  34. southern bell

That was awesome of Lady Gaga. And Babysitter, shame on you for your jealousy! She gave BACK to her city. Doubt you ever would or could.

November 9, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  35. Name

Nice!

November 9, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  36. Good News

That was very nice of gaga –

November 9, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  37. babysitter

gaga is so jealous of you she can't think straight

November 9, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  38. she got her cap girl on today

lololol

November 9, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  39. greenfaerie

I think it is a great act and more people who can do so should as well. I heard the Jersey Shore members were doing a telethon, you'd think they would personsally make a large donation >.<

November 9, 2012 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  40. Empty pockets

If 100 percent of the wealthy gave 1 percent of there bogle than no one would be hungry cold and homeless. i need a miracle god please make me stronger so that i to can help others survive! i am humbled lady gaga!

November 9, 2012 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  41. SKY

FACT: DON'T GIVE ANY MONEY TO ANY ORGANIZATION...TAKE YOURSELF AND SELECTIVE 100 FAMILY
    AND GIVE EACH FAMILY 10,000 THEN FIND ONE PERSON AND HELP THEM GET A SECURE JOB. THAT IT...
    PEOPLE CAN'T BE TRUSTED WITH YOUR MONEY....MAYBE 10,00 TO A ORGANIZATION THAT IS FEEDING
    THE HOMELESS.....BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE TO THINK ONE PERSON AT A TIME....IF EVERY RICH PERSON
    GIVE ONE PERSON A JOB...THIS WOULD HELP ....AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RICH...IF YOU KNOW OF A
    JOB AND SOMEONE NEEDS THAT JOB..HELP THEM GET THE JOB.....THIS IS WHAT I AM DOING....I WENT TO ONE
    COMPANY AND BEG THEM TO HIRE THIS PERSON AND THEY DID....THEN I MET TWO YOUNG LADIES WHO FINISH
    HIGH SCHOOL...AND DOING NOTHING...I HELP THEM BOTH ENROLL IN A COLLEGE..BLOW NO HORN...
    JUST DO SOMETHING....YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE POOR....IF WE CAN HELP JUST ONE PERSON
    WE HAVE DONE GOOD. SO RICH PEOPLE THINK SMALL AND POOR PEOPLE THINK BIG.

November 9, 2012 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
    • dave

you must be right you are in Caps

November 9, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • david

"..." These things are known as an elipsis. They have a very special use. You should learn how to use them correctly some time. Else...

November 13, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Baby Sitter

we saw that...you will be disconnected as soon as she leaves. thank you...

November 8, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  43. truth justice and the american way

thats you alright-Add to bar joke comment list thank you

baaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa

November 8, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  44. §okman's Truth Is The Light

What are you going to do for us... That statement pretty much sums up what this once great country has become. We have lost our way & thats the TRUTH

November 8, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • OMG

So Gaga does something really nice for the hurricane victims, and you make a joke about it? What's wrong with you? What good deed have you done lately? You really have become one of the bigger jerks on this blog. And your new name, you are joking, right? What did they do, up your meds at the home? I don't think you'd know the actual truth, even if it bit you in the butt. And where did you get that "what are you going to do for us" statement? Didn't read that in the thread anywhere. Delusions, maybe? The only reason you've lost your way, is probably due to dementia. There's probably a little pill for that, too. It's probably covered on Obamacare, just for you!

November 8, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  45. BabySitter

we will continue to monitor the situation...our love doesn't care but we do. you abuse you pray.
    texts are still coming into her phone and emails at the office–now be a good baby and blog nicely
    leave her alone

November 8, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  46. BabySitter--

that's not support....stopped the person from blogging..that is not support and we have the paperwork...so stfu.
    and blog nice.

November 8, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Rhonda

What about New Orleans that is STILL recorving from Katrina. Then we get hit by Issac. I understand that New york is where she is from and the donation is greatly needed, but really? Help some others too! You have many many fans here in New Orleans that have bought many of your albumns and concert tickets and much much more. We supported you, now what about us??

November 8, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |