Brooke Burke-Charvet: I'm battling thyroid cancer
November 8th, 2012

Brooke Burke-Charvet: I'm battling thyroid cancer

Brooke Burke-Charvet revealed she’s battling thyroid cancer via The ModernMom’s YouTube channel on Thursday.

The “Dancing with the Stars” host had remained mum after writing in July that she had a nodule on her thyroid biopsied. In the YouTube video, she said she needed time to wrap her head around the news, but that she wanted people to find out directly from her.

She’ll soon undergo thyroid surgery and a thyroidectomy that will leave a scar across her neck.

“I don’t get to just walk around and pretend like nothing happened, or not follow up or not share it because it’s going to be pretty much dead center,” she said pointing to her neck.

“I didn’t want anybody to read about it and get the wrong idea or think that I’m sick because I’m not,” she continued. “I feel really good. And I’ve actually, I’ve never felt better. That’s what’s so crazy about this whole thing. … I went for a regular physical and that’s how I discovered this.”

The mom of four added that she’s staying positive.

“I’m going to be a really good patient and I’m going to do everything that I need to do,” she said. “I’m ready to deal with it and I’m going to be fine. And I feel really, really strong.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Dancing With The Stars

1. big johnson

at least its not in her jugs. would be a shame to chop one of those off

November 12, 2012 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
    • revert234

Wow… My best friend Abigale has just announced her wedding with a handsome millionaire shortly after they met on~~~ RίċhWoo.c0m~~~ 6 months ago. This is a dating site where you can meet rich successful men and classy gorgeous women such as CEOs, athletes, doctors, lawyers, models, celebrities, etc….Maybe you can take a try

November 12, 2012 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. Dave in Raleigh

Good luck Brooke. I'm having my thyroid removed on Thursday.

November 11, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • viviane Joseph

Hey Brooke hang in there I will pray for you be strong, all will be ok

November 12, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Southernsuga

Good luck with the surgery, Miss Brook.

November 11, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. time is money

Don't waste time get the surgury and get cured, and live a wonderful life.

November 11, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. If you decide to try gerson or any health idea...

make sure you tell your doctor your health ideas...citrus does not work well with many medications...it tends to to eat alot of meds away in the system so basically it would be like your body didn't even take the medication.

i fainted a few years ago because my sugar dropped(2-3seconds)-i am not diabetic nor did it every happen again. however prior to jogging again i had a thorough physical to confirm i was able to run. the point is always mention to your doc what
    your doing on your own

November 11, 2012 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. R. Bishop

She should look into the Gerson Therapy as an option. Everybody should.

November 10, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • WTH

Why? As an option for suicide?

Thyroid cancer is extremely treatable by surgery, not a quack diet. If Steve Jobs hadn't had his head filled with garbage like the Gerson Therapy, and hadn't delayed treating his pancreatic cancer for a year, he might be alive today.

November 11, 2012 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Janet

WTH is right. Thyroid cancer is very treatable. I had it 5 years ago and am fine. Have to take thyroid medicine for the rest of my life. Thyroid cancer is the best cancer you can have because it is usually confined to one place, the thyroid.

November 11, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  7. Leon Morris Peris

We are hoping she is better.

November 10, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Actually she doesn't have any problems...

brooke always had a great job, men go crazy for her and doesn't have to worry about anything. this will be a no brainer for her. you will get through this.

November 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • NanookoftheNorth

That could be the problem...the 'no brainer' part. One would first have to have one ;-)
      *(have you seen this girl's work on DWTS ??)

November 11, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Blood tests are always accurate

its the mri, mammogram machines you have to be careful with.

November 10, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  10. hotdatetime

we life her and we know she will make it because she has the right tools to do what she needs to do to get well.
    she can host, have meetings, piconatwit, clean do her nails, office phone calls, make hair, exercise. she is
    a very intelligent girl.

this will pass in time.

November 10, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jonimadsen

My brother Mark died of thyroid cancer at the age of 45. He died in 2002 after suffering for over 14 months–many treatments, some experimental, which did not work. I miss him every day. Hoping for a full recovery for this young woman. Don't dismiss ANY form of cancer.

November 10, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. paulckennedy

I was diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer 5 years ago. Shortly after diagnosis, I had a Total Thyoidectomy. Now I have that same little scar and the daily ritual of a little pill each day. That is the one thing. Thyroid Cancer is a lifelong battle if only to remember to take that pill. Without it, your metabolism goes to hell. lol

November 10, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ash Cloud

I also agree in that she is a beautiful woman and does not have money problems. Most beautiful women, celebrity or not, never work an honest day in their lives. They get the hookup from day one whether or not they are poor or have money. They always hook up with the big guys not the nice guys. They always get the good jobs or at least jobs where they do not have to truly work. Anyone who works and knows beautiful women in their workplace knows what I mean.

November 10, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • supermom23

You're right, and it's just the nature of the man-woman-relationship. Men think with an organ significantly south of their brains, and this allows attractive women to get away with things that others can't. I'm not excusing it or agreeing with it, it's just the way of the world.

November 11, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. alancadabra

For Pete's sake, the woman made it pretty clear in her video that she wanted to tell her fans directly so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding once the media got a hold of it. And cancer is still cancer, whether it's the most treatable kind or not. It's not exactly something you want to hear, and nobody wants to have surgery, regardless of whether or not one can afford plastic surgery or not. The fact of the matter is her profession is based on image, and any imperfections she may have could affect her livelihood. Cut the woman some slack. Geez, Americans can be so brutal to each other sometimes.

November 10, 2012 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  15. we had so much fun tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so glad i went to this party after all....

brooke will be fine...she's healthy and doesn't sit around all night.. haaaaa

November 10, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  16. How's Brooke doing

November 10, 2012 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  17. Leon David Peris

She can come to our clinic.

November 9, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Leon Peris

We are pulling for her.

November 9, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ricciap

In hindsight, having half of my thyroid removed due to a benign nodule wasn’t a big deal – but that’s in hindsight. I remember how disconcerting it was to be perfectly healthy, and then suddenly have the doctor mention the possibility of cancer. And I remember the anxiety of waiting for test results and wondering what the scar was going to look like. The most nerve-wracking part of the whole experience was the stage that Brooke is in right now, so I think her emotions are understandable. I wish her a healthy and speedy recovery.

November 9, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  20. We love her (not you)

we wish her well and hope for a speedy recovery–

November 9, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  21. lolita

I do not understand how so many envious people wishing bad on this woman, just because she is in good shape and pretty. No one should go through all these bullying!!!!!

November 9, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • navajowkb

She's one lady who shouldn't even be a host of any show. Even Vanna White is better than her. She tries to be something she's not. Why ABC has her hosting with Tom is beyond me; there's no shortage of beautiful, articulate, and personable women out there who can do better than her.

November 9, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • lolita we're with your girl all the way

barf

November 10, 2012 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  22. guest

its her..

November 9, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. disorder

disorder

November 9, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  24. there all on it.

it is a big deal you don't mind your own business Mandy–

November 9, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  25. juicing off my computer tubby?

i don't think so

November 9, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. maria

What is the big deal? I had the same thing and I got surgery ....she can afford to take the scar off .....every single day women have the same diagnosis she just told the world to be famous?

November 9, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eileen P

True. She's basically making a big deal out of nothing. Thyroid cancer is the most treatable of all cancers. And the scar will be VERY minimal. I had thyroidectomy 3 years ago and by the time I went back to work 2 months later the scar was barely visible, in fact it just kind of looks like a natural crease in the neck.

November 9, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  27. you under investigation

we caught it...your in big trouble

November 9, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  28. caught it..chubby...

that's being investigated.

November 9, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Lizzie

I was diagnosed with thyroid nodules when I was eight years old. The doctor,watched for three years but at age 11 decided to take out my thyroid. Brooke is lucky, her scar will probably be hardly noticeable and if it bothers her, she can afford plastic surgery. I was not so lucky, my scar is 4 inches long and never faded.

November 9, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Chloe

Oh my God!! I had thyroid cancer, removed it, no big deal!! I was studying and working and having a fun time and I was never worried about it because I READ ABOUT THYROID CANCER! In fact you can have it for years and still it won't cause any damage! Even if it does spread, radiation can kill it. Unless it that rare one who only 1% of the population has it and the biopsy can tell you that. Get over yourself, people die with some more serious cases of cancer every day. That is a real issue. This is just nonsense, attention seeking behaviour.

November 9, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

Perfectly said Chloe, My bro had it, cut it out, little scar, forgot all about it. I lost my left lung to cancer, got it cut it – little chemo, back to work 4 weeks later. I don't want to hear it either...f u...get on with life.

November 9, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • supermom23

Ummm.... you're not famous. That's the big difference.

November 11, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  31. i am resting this evening -- too much going out...

the 2 of us oh and i guess it will be there too...can keel each other allllllllllll night long....hahahahahaha

November 9, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  32. palintwit

A teabagger's dream vacation is a trip to the Barbed Wire Museunm in Kansas.

November 9, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  33. JeanneLH

That's really a tight knit family at DWTS. They'll get her through this.

November 9, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  34. yikes

...but I still look fabulous!"

November 9, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  35. 12 Years Free

As a young college student I went through two thyroid surgeries; first to remove a nodule, and second to remove the rest of the thyroid because the nodule was malignant. My biopsy before the first surgery was inconclusive. The two surgeries were within a month of each other and my scar is barely noticeable between my collar bones. It is a small 'smile' to remind me of the things I have been through and overcome.

November 9, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Mike

Fortunately almost nobody dies from the most common form of thyroid cancer. It grows so slowly and rarely spread outside of the thyroid that you don't even have to catch it early. There is however a rarer form that will kill you withing six months of diagnosis. That's the one Chief Renquist had.

November 9, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Hot Carl

I'll say goodbye now.
    Goodbye.

November 9, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  38. no scar

There's a doctor in Augusta, GA – David Terris – that can do this operation through a tiny incision (sometimes only 1.5 cm) using a camera. Sometimes he even does it with a robot through an incision behind the ear. Brooke should look into this!

November 9, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Well So Do I

Why do celebrities have the need to tell the whole world they have cancer. Yeah I feel bad for her, but big deal. I have breast cancer. And poor thing she is going to have a scar accross her neck, I have one accross my chest. So she will be going thru treatment etc etc etc, well so have I. The difference is the only stress she may have is the scar showing. She has money so she won't have the stress of medical bills, and falling behind on other bills because of medical bills. Celebrities get cancer, they tell world, get a reality show, write books etc. There thousands of us regular people with cancer,who struggle daily, without the luxury of personal caregiver, nanny for the kids, home nurse, home dr visits, personal nutritionist, personal trainer etc...

November 9, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Empathetic

I'm detecting ALOT of bitterness!

November 9, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • MargieM

You are so right, and I feel for you. I wish you excellent results! Maybe the celebrities announcing it brings in more donations for research, etc.

November 9, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • grazingfoodie

Celebrities tell the public their woes because if they don't and the media catches wind of it, they blow the whole story out of proportion. She did the right thing to protect herself. I'm sorry that you are fighting breast cancer. So is my mother – she's been fighting it for 5 years. She just got out of the hospital a week ago because the cancer spread to her brain and she had a craniotomy. Cancer is a horrible disease and I wish you and Brooke well.

November 9, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ash Cloud

I agree with you So Do I. I am a cancer survivor as well. It is very hard for the regular person. For me I did not want anyone knowing about it. For some reason I felt ashamed I guess.

November 10, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Mary

My brother is a thyroid cancer survivor. He caught it early and is doing fine. My prayers go out to you. You will do fine!

November 9, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  41. labernat

Brooke – about 7 months ago I had several nodules on my thyroid biopsied. Fortunatley, they were clean. I go back in a few months for another checkup. I wish you the very best with your surgery and your recovery!!

November 9, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Sid Higgins

I really hope that she winds up ok. I think she is really beautiful and is a great host. Even with a scar I'm sure she will still be gorgeous.

November 9, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • davek

Agree 100%. Never ceases to amaze me how many jealous, envious, total jerk, people there are out there. If it were God or Jesus, they'd probably have some snide, derogatory comment to make. Absolute Idiots. Love Brooke Burke and am sure she'll come out of this just fine.

November 12, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Kathy

Thank God Brooke caught it in time. With medicine on the cutting edge, she'll come thru this, she's a survivor. Wishing her the Best regarding her surgery, and recovery. It was brave of her to share her story and make people more aware of the fear of the big C, detected early the diagnosis and results can be very positive as far as it being removed and cured. Yes GOD BLESS BROOKE....")

November 9, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  44. 3x Survivor

"But" cancer...whoever the poster was that wrote that doesn't know theirs from a hole in the ground. I've survived colorectal cancer 3x now and have made it 8.5 years out of diagnosis...it spread to my liver and my lungs...4 major surgeries...51x of doing the heaviest chemo out there....58x of doing radiation...Colorectal Cancer is the #2 killer cancer in the U.S. and the world. Thyroid cancer is mostly curative and I wish her good luck, but the article whines about a "scar" across her neck...I've had 3 mediports placed in my chest...had an open incision like a big L for my liver...and have had 9-wedge resections taken out of my lungs along with two ribs sawed off...scars? I look like a roadmap...vanity doesn't factor in when you're trying to save your life.

November 9, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

I'm grateful for your survival – I wish you continued success in your fight(s). I didn't take the comment in the article as whining, nor necessarily as vanity. She didn't say 'I'm going to look ugly because of it' – I took it as saying she didn't have a choice to keep it to herself any longer because the scar would be front and center (my mom has one and it is indeed front and center. Just covering it up each week with a scarf or neckline maneuver wouldn't work for her either since people were aware of the biopsy. If she didn't come out with it and they saw the 'cover-up' it would cause more rumors than it was worth.

November 9, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Sonia

Last year, my doctor noticed that I had an enlarged nodule around my thyroid gland and wanted me to have a biopsy, but I never went. Stories like this one remind me that I should take matters more seriously. Good luck to Brooke!

November 9, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  46. strongman

take care of it..or there will be smash down like nobodys business–

November 9, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  47. nitrous

Blame it on silicone seepage.

November 9, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  48. I am surprised about this...

however i feel brooke will get through this...

November 9, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  49. RubyJeanne

I was diagnosed last year with thyroid cancer and had surgery to have it removed. I was home next day and out to dinner the following evening – just threw a scarf on. The surgeon did a great job – my neck didn't even hurt and I had barely any swelling. Five months after surgery they did a radioactive iodine ablation and then a scan to see if there were any cancer cells remaining. Blood work shows no sign of cancer a year later and you can barely see a scar. Most thyroid cancer has a very high cure rate of over 97%. I hope this is the case with you Brooke. Good luck.

November 9, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  50. Ciro's daughter

it depends how severe the cancer is...my father was in the beginning stages of cancer he drove himself to treatment
    and drove back ... he is a very powerful old guy. he wanted to do this all on his own...i only made the final
    decision on treatment.

November 9, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  51. Deb Ed

I hate to see anyone go through this. My younger brother died of lymphoma cancer at the age of 28, my first husband of stomach cancer, and my current husbands mother, sister and daughter died of cancer. It's heartbreaking to see the effects of the treatment, and the emotional drain on families. I hope everything goes well with Brooke.

November 9, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  52. Ciro's Daughter

My father had the beginning stage of prostate cancer 11 years ago...he has a treatment that looks like little pumpkin seeds inside his private area surrounded on top of the tumor/prostate...docs shot 36 "seeds" into his pelvic area. they surround the prostate and zap out very small dosages of radiation all the time.

now docs are debating this seed process and do not like it....at that time my mother and I made the decision that this was the best treatment for him in order to function and resume daily activity. no chemo was required but 4 weeks of regular radiation was a must.

11 years have past...no problem...the seeds will remain in his prostate area the rest of his life...he is tested one a year and when the seeds light up on the xray...that indicates the seeds are working.

it does create a "bathroom" problem until the seeds adjust to the body...he was in the bathroom and or all mens rooms for about 1 year. lol

there is no tumor and his private area is fine and the seeds keep on zapping and killing the tumor and his prostate is good.

Follow Docs orders and all should move forward.

November 9, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  53. Nodule

My friend has a nodule and has to be monitored every six months..almost always they are benign

November 9, 2012 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  54. Monique

Brook, I sure hope your doctors talked to you about having the surgery performed through your armpit instead of cutting your neck. I read about this alternative over 10 years ago. I pray that this is an alternative for you to explore,and I with you the best. I too am hypothyroid.

November 9, 2012 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  55. Cindy

Wishing you all the best Brooke. I also have nudules diagnosed benign. I also had a gluten test done by enterolabs.com you can order on line. Seven of the women I know in my life have thyroid issues and they all have been test by enterolabs with a gluten intolerance. Look into it Brooke. It will help your immune system if you are intolerant and you eliminate gluten from your diet. Blood tests are not always acurate. Sending love and light to you.

November 9, 2012 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  56. Melissa Marquez

I also had a Thyroidectomy because of having cancer in one nodule in my Thyroid, they removed six lymph nodules around the Thyroid, and one of them also had cancer. I know what you are going through, I hope you have strength and peace of mind.

November 9, 2012 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  57. Matt

Be strong, you will win this battle. Wishing you a quick recovery.

November 9, 2012 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  58. Wowow

Brook Burke has some of the hottest feet. I'd make love to them.

November 9, 2012 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  59. Oleg

I hope everyone gets all better.

November 9, 2012 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  60. i know boo.

yes it does. i'll read more and see if i have any ideas

November 9, 2012 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  61. It will pass...just follow doc orders

and she will ll be back to her own routine!

November 9, 2012 at 5:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Santa

Probably not if she has but cancer. It messes up your pooooping abilities. just sayin. sorry.

November 9, 2012 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Oleg

You sound not nice, Santa. You are supposed to be jolly.

November 9, 2012 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  62. i have a cousin who has ov cancer

she's only 45...she's alright back to routine but we are all very very frightened inside.

November 9, 2012 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
  63. Santa

Do you remember Farrah Faucet? She had but cancer. Santa thinks that would be terrible. You couldn't even poooooop

November 9, 2012 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  64. ok

so there were these 2 aligators at the bar and....wait where am i?

November 9, 2012 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  65. Jason

My Aunt had this surgery and died. Are family is not rich like yours and had to go to see the family auto mechanic who sometimes plays with scalpels...
    Unfortunately he got careless and accidently chopped her head off. We had no idea that he had problems with psychosis :'(

November 9, 2012 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  66. Nathaniel

God bless you Brooke this is my 2nd battle with cancer. Have Faith. Trust God because he want to be in the situation with you, know the Our Lord and savior Jesus is right by your side holding your hand. Be courageous in this fight, and ask plenty questions.

November 9, 2012 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve Irwin

Yep....some imaginary superhero in the sky is going to help. Pull your head out of your ass Nate!

November 9, 2012 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Really

Best of luck to you Steve Irwin! You will need it some day!

November 9, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  67. talkic.com

best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

November 9, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  68. Kevin T. Baldwin

Mrs. Charvet you have been and always will be a remarkable woman – God Bless.

November 8, 2012 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Say it ain't so

Brooke, stay positive & strong & put your faith & trust in God. Ask him to give you the courage to see this thing thru. You'll pull thru, we're all rooting for ya :)

November 8, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Ellen

I had the same thing, Brooke – it's a walk in the park! Even the scar is so minimal that nobody would ever know I had surgery.

November 8, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  71. John

One of the most stunning beauties on God's green earth. Even with a scar!

November 8, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Jack McSquirt

Still smokin' hot. I'm sending prayers and I might just dig up that old Playboy and pop the porpoise too.

November 8, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Rita

I sat out this season's DWTS so I wish you the very best Brook. Continue to stay strong!!!

November 8, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  74. sunshyne

We will be praying for you! You'll be just fine!

November 8, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve Irwin

Keep praying and see where that gets ya! I can't believe anyone believes in that kind of complete nonsense anymore! Stupid ass

November 9, 2012 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  75. Brooke (not you)

seems like a very lovely person, she's in top physical condition and i hope she gets through this. she has a fantastic husband.

November 8, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Humbly

Thyroid cancer has a high cure rate...so that's good at least.

November 8, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  77. yo

what a jealous beetch

November 8, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  78. BabySitter

we will also be checking many different cp addresses during the day to see if the blogging pages look the same on other computers--

November 8, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  79. BabySitter

we saw what you just did and now you will be disconnected - always here....

November 8, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Still Here

Brooke my prayers are with you and to # un-huh what a ignorant thing to say cancer has no color or gender and you are dead wrong Jesus loves us all after all He woke you up this morning and you still breating His Breath. Still Here

November 8, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  81. kathie?

who's treating you –it does not take 4 years to locate the right medication especially with cancer.
    you would be dead by now. any illness requires less then 24 hours to decide what meds will work

November 8, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brenda

Kathie,
      Unfortunately for some, it does take that long to find the right dose. I had 3 thyroid nodules, fought my doctor because I wanted it (the thyroid) out. I was told I was incapable of making my own decisions. Ended up being bullied into radiation treatment..That was 11/05.. Between 1/06 and 4/06, i gained 131lbs pounds. Been on thryoid meds, synthroid 400mcg first for 2 years to no avail, Amour Thyroid 375 mcg for a year and a half with no success. Then off to Levothyroxine 375mcg and Cytomel 50mcg...It's now almost the end of 2012 and my levels are still just below normal, but climbing slowly. So with that said, It does not matter who your doctor is, it all depends on a persons body and how it reacts to the medicine. It has wreaked havoc on my body and caused a laundry list of issues...The thyroid is the most underestimated organs in the body...

November 9, 2012 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
    • dillibar

You have no idea what you are talking about. It can take years to get the right dosage of thyroid hormone. It's an ongoing progress. I had a thyroidectomy 10 years ago, and still get tested every 6 months. I've had my medication adjusted several times. Its a work in progress and always will be.

November 9, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Mel

As someone who has Malignant thyroid cancer on 75% of her thyroid at the age of 23 and thus had it entirely removed, I can attest that, yes, regulating your Thyroid meds can take a while to get correct. Things such as weight, age, other medications(such as birth control for women) you take, and diet can greatly change how well your body absorbs the medicine. It's also harder for a woman since thing such as pregnancy also will affect both you and your unborn child (Thyroid nodules can be a familliar trait). For anyone who goes through a thyroidectomy for cancer reasons, you are required to be monitored by an endochronologist for (at least in my case) 5 years to ensure that your meds stop your Thyroid tissue from regrowing.

November 9, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  82. kathie

I had thyroid cancer that they found by accident on a routine physical. They removed my thyroid, my right vocal cord was paralyzed for 9 months & I sounded like alvin from the chipmunks! 4 years later my doctor still hasn't found the right dosage of thyroid medicine to keep my levels correct and I'm constantly tired! I wish her the best because it's a pain in the a#%!

November 8, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  83. salathieljones

Reblogged this on The World Outside of Yourself.

November 8, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Charlie Sheen

Sucks

November 8, 2012 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Nate Higgers

Wishing her the best! She is awesome and will recover.

November 8, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Mike Wrathell

God bless you, Brooke!

November 8, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Mary Ann

I had thyroid surgery last march,I am doing great.I had a great surgeon and you can not see the scar,it faded within monthes.Good luck,Brooke.

November 8, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  88. oh Yea!

Brooke is hot I need to see more of her

November 8, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Mark

ITS very jealous of you...that we know for sure...

November 8, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Susan

It does it when the other is not around...sorry when hack you pray

November 8, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Dougo

Was not referring to the story but the first post which has been deleted

November 8, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Dougo

Do you think a single person is going to read all the nonsense you have just posted?

November 8, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • douge

Again I was not responding to the story but to the first poster who posted literally a 20 paragraph post which has been deleted ...GOD BLESS BROOKE !!

November 8, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Dougo

Do you think a single person is going to read all the nonesense you have just posted?

November 8, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  94. John

To ignorant "uh huh"... You must be referring to your mom, aren't you?

November 8, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Bear

Now do you think your good Lord would want you talking like that? I'm sure he thinks you're an as shole.

November 8, 2012 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Mfr

You need help. Loser

November 8, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Shelm37

Is it painful to be that ignorant?

November 8, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Nathaniel

You Hate..you're a hateful person..just like A. Hitler. In fact you're no better than him. Im a man and I'm battling cancer for a 2nd time right now. God please forgive this lost person in the name of Jesus. Amen! I'm so sure Brooke didn't do him anything.

November 9, 2012 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
  99. Joan

Don't feed the troll!

November 9, 2012 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  100. Santa

So does Santa. They are Ho Ho Hoes

November 9, 2012 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  101. Norman

is that why her voice is so terribly whiny and annoying?

November 9, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Leslie

You're disgusting. "We" wish it were no one – not even you!

November 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |