Melissa Joan Hart: I'm voting for Romney
November 6th, 2012

Melissa Joan Hart: I'm voting for Romney

Melissa Joan Hart has explained it all about why she's voting for Mitt Romney in this election.

The 36-year-old actress had a lengthy tweeting session on Monday night as she vouched for her candidate.

[F]or those asking, I'm voting #RomneyRyan," she posted. "Probably lost a few jobs in Hollywood with my political views. So sad the 'tolerant left' is anything but! #voteordontcomplain."

Letting that personal detail slip also left Hart open to a bombardment of responses. "Wow!! 2500 replies? Why do u guys care what I think? It's just the decision my research [sic] lead me to. And no, Im not racist or anti-anybody!," she wrote back. "Guess what? A person can care about the earth AND marriage equality AND want the economy back AND ... have a good healthcare system that works all at the same time &choose not to continue on the path of the last 4 years! #RomneyRyan2012."

Hart, who promised a follower that there are more Hollywood Republicans, but they're in "hiding [because] we lose jobs," added that she actually considers herself to be more of a conservative.

Thankfully, Hart did see some uplifting messages. "The amazing amount of love &kind messages were overwhelming today. Lets all get out and #vote ... for whichever candidate u prefer!"

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Mark

Looks like she not only voted for Romney, but ate him as well.

November 15, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. John

"Guess what? A person can care about the earth AND marriage equality AND want the economy back AND ... have a good healthcare system that works all at the same time &choose not to continue on the path of the last 4 years!"

Guess what? That candidate doesn't exist!

November 8, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • queenbee

LOL...talk about being in denial. She thinks she is suffering a backlash from Hollywood due to being Republican? There are and always have been plenty of Republicans in Hollywood–Eastwood and Heston and Reagan and the Arnold come to mind–ALL had prolific careers. Take a look in the mirror Melissa. Maybe any loss of roles are due to your addition of ROLLS–as in rolls of fat–you look like a greasy, rosy little porker in the photo here and Hollywood is notorious for having only a few roles for people who cannot manage their weight. YOu're welcome.

November 9, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mike0376

Some people should do a little research, MJH has been around since the 90's thanks to TGIF. In addition, she has a show on ABC Family during the summer which will have a third season starting in May.

November 8, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. i want to do it in the snow...

like really in the snow.

November 7, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. I know...

always did.

November 7, 2012 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  6. Huh?

November 6, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. don't u hv magical eyes

.......

November 6, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. tell what sense of humor

.....

November 6, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. oh boo

you would have laughed if we had become friends...its a joke..people who know me are aware i have a filthy sense of humor.
    its joking around that's all

November 6, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. u think u know

November 6, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. i get a tingle in my private area--

hahahah–

November 6, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. how do u no who u talking to

November 6, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  13. its going to be one of those nights...

you bash on twitter and i continue to bash here....ipods unite! see u in 20 min

November 6, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. be quiet

your paranoid

November 6, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. sl312

Way to go girl, glad to know you care. Just the Benghazi incident alone is enough to show what's real.

November 6, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. lol

Left you little twits a message at 6:53 pm.

November 6, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. DAL

Awesome Melissa. You were always one of my favorite stars. A woman who actually thinks for herself instead of being rammed around by Hollywood moguls. Wow, maybe you are not even afraid to say and act like you are Christian. That would be a double plus and what an example for our young women that need positive role models. Maybe you could run for office some day.

November 6, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • round and round and round she goes

where it stops nobody knows! baawaahhhaaaa

November 6, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  18. lol

You want a position. If Romney wins, you can bend over & get ready to take it in the rear. How's that for a position? I'm sure it is something you are very good at already. As far as sokman goes, oh yeah, he'd hit it if he had the chance, but that day would never happen.

November 6, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. susan

Everyone here has a comment with this "quasi-celebrity" voicing her opinion, but don't say a word when 95% of the rest of Hollywood is doing the same. damn. thing. all day for their boy, Obama. Hypocrites.

November 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  20. @lol

U afraid of mitt wins ur wife will have to stand at the street corner and work twice as hard? Lmao

November 6, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Concerned

really-if you are wondering why people are commenting or interested why the hell did you tell folks......and you lost my vote!

November 6, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  22. @@lol

Lol can't help himself. While he's on the blog bulling people his wife is out f'ing sokman.lmao

November 6, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  23. kathy

Wait a minute....she's actually saying that as an avowed Republican one could lose their job?? Sounds like she's a lot more conservative and right wing than she thinks she is. That type of paranoia is right out of the mouths of the GOP/Tparty...it's all a plot...the liberal media...the evil Hollywood crowd. Geeeesh....I hate to tell you Melissa but maybe you're not getting jobs cuz you suck as an actress? WHat have you actually done anyway besides Sabrina the witch?

November 6, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ha!

Good answer, Kathy!

November 6, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • TryThinking1956

I agree. It seems all of these "celebrities" who feel they're being discriminated against by the entertainment industry because of their conservative beliefs happen to be...nobodies. This girl can't act her thin-lipped way out of a paper bag, the Clueless girl (another one who hasn't worked in a decade), Scott Baio (???), Jon Voight (???????????) – all has-beens or never-weres. The fact is that artistic people are open-minded people, and open-minded people are tolerant people, and republicans are not generally tolerant people. How you can be concerned about the environment and support a party that wants to rip apart the Earth, or be a woman who supports a party that's against financial, social and reproductive rights, or be a person of color who votes with people who vow to destroy Civil Rights legislation as we know it and refer to human beings – in a public debate – as "illegals"...completely floors me. So, the "I'm not a racist/I love the environment/I believe in equal pay and a woman's rights" patter just doesn't fly. THAT'S why people give you the cold shoulder, Joan...because your political affiliation paints you as an intolerant moron. OK?

November 7, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kenny?

don't play me...people have their own minds...they are allowed to believe what they want to believe–they do not have to do everything kenny says. you may like to control your gay boyfriend that's his problem. you have to set your boyfriend free.

November 6, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • manny

dummy, Ure a vegan/hippy who cant tell the difrence between a group of people who look down on you and vote int heir best intrest. and u are a terrible acctress anyway

November 6, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yea....

you should only know who's watching you right now....KennyBoy

November 6, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Manny - Go watch TV

and analyze it for us tomorrow

November 6, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  25. what are you talking about..

you have to respect a persons beliefs you can't force them to agree with you...boyfriend, husband, girlfriend or wife.
    they have their own minds - they are not puppets

November 6, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Maurice C

Conservatives are anti-black, anti-hispanic, anti-minority? That's a surprise to me, since I'm hispanic, a military man, and also a conservative. I avoid liking or disliking celebrities because of their political views. Do I dislike the performance of our current president, and am I going to vote for him? No. But I'm also not going to boycott Jay-Z because he believes in Obama.
    This statement has been repeated many times in this conversation, but the liberal left are the ones who ostracize a celebrity, or anyone, because of their believes. Here are some excerpts from just the last couple of hours alone:
    JGH: I can't believe I ever liked someone who likes MR.
    Matt: Wow, Loved you when you were on Nick but you just suck now with your beliefs.
    lisa: And screw you, you communist Anti-American. You and Melissa Joan Hart– an out-of-work, fat actress, who can only get work by attacking her fellow Americans.

So much for tolerance...

November 6, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

You sound like you might be gay. Are you a gay or lesbean? Just asking.

November 6, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • sugar

Actually, you're as correct as you are incorrect. We do ostracize more often but it's because we just can't stand abject stupidity, thievery or arrogance. It's sort of like hating someone based on what they say rather than how the appear.

November 6, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Nobody wants to know her either

and get off the computer

November 6, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  28. bryanthompson

Looks like Clarissa needs to stop explaining it all.

November 6, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Boo

I don't even know who this person is....and I don't want to know.

November 6, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Who Cares...

check the clint eastwood – chair section on cnn

November 6, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Who Cares

I find it funny that she wonders why we care who she is voting for... yet it goes both ways... why does she think we all want to know or care who she is voting for. Just another has been child star looking for a little bit of attention.

November 6, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  32. don

The conservative party always ask the questioin as to why we are skeptic when we as liberals take a dislike for their party and political views. Anti-gay, anti-black, anti-hispanics, anti-poor, anti-middle class, anti-minorities, anti-education, anti-union, ant-equal pay, anit-inclusive, etc. Do I have any thing else to say. Look at their convention. No minorities.

November 6, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vikkie

Don – you forgot anti-women

November 6, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Don & Vikki & Clete

I tend to agree with all 3 of you. First off, I could give a crap what a celebrity says. Their opinion makes no difference to me. I make my own decisions, and do my own research. I'm a middle class person. The Republican party just does not speak to me. I thought I'd choke when Romney was asked what a middle class person made in income. He said $250,000! I don't know about you, but if I made that kind of money, I'd consider myself very well off. As a progressive, I have no ill will towards anyone. If Romney wins, then he wins. God help us, though. But if Obama wins, you Republicans will be just as hateful as you were the last 4 years, and don't tell me any different. An example, my boss is a raging republican. He is a rich guy. For 8 years, every day, he'd tell me what a piece of crap Clinton was. I never said anything. During the Bush years, I never once said anything against him, and I had plenty of ammunition. Since Obama, he started on him on day 1. It gets really old. How did your party get so nasty?

November 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  33. clete?

check the clint eastwood chair section

November 6, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  34. @ lol

You're a perfect example of an "Obama supporter on the blogs"... your argument against the other side is an insult. Way to represent. I bet you don't have any legitimate arguments other than "mormon = moron" and other things. How about you talk about the issues, or is the website you copy and paste information from not working?

November 6, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Clete

Why do many quasi-celebrities feel the need to communicate to the world who they plan to vote for. I, for one, am not interested. Also, who I choose to vote for is truly my business and no one else's.

November 6, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  36. theobc

so sad. she uses romney's name to get her attention, since we don't really care about her views. now, if she had talent, or if she didn't look waaaaayyyh older than the "alleged" 36 she wouldn't have stoop so low to get votes.

November 6, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Observer

I'd hit that.

November 6, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Elvira

who is she?

November 6, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  39. lol

Dream on hippo

November 6, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  40. we'll be waving to you

from where were are...smack dat

November 6, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  41. whats on tv tonight

November 6, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  42. hippos getting cute

i'm not broke...mommy didn't pay for italy, house in rhode island or boca share....

November 6, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  43. sasha

maybe she should move up, she sounds like a member of the Conservative party of Canada. much more liberal then republicans but not as liberal as democrats

November 6, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Mary

Nice. I think it's so pathetic that the left preaches Peace, Love and No Hate and yet alienates anyone that doesn't believe what they do. What a bunch of hypocrites.

She is my new best actress. Love her!

November 6, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • John W.

You love her now because of her politics? Can you say zealot? I'll bet you have stronger feelings about and against Liberals than you do about our country's actual enemies. Why so much hatred for your fellow Americans? Either way, our country's enemies thank you.

November 6, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • warnercc

@John W The same could be said about you.

November 6, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  45. JGH

Wow! So she is spewing the same bunch of OUTRIGHT LIES that the GOP (Greedy, Out-of-touch, PIGS) are using. I used to like MJH, but I cannot, in good consciousness, support someone who thinks GREEDY, LYING, COMMUNIST Mitt Romney should be in any type of control. UGH! When Romney flushes the USA down the toilet, maybe Ms. Hart will share some of her money with us. I can't believe I ever liked someone who who support MR. I may need counseling.

November 6, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • jnowak

romney is a commie, my friend you dont know the definition of the word. the president is the one that has been proven to have pro socialist views and re-distribution as is his new favorite phrase screams communism, and before you begin to try and tell me i dont know what im talking about then you should know that i have first hand accounts of what communism is like due to being born in poland and my parents living under russian communist rule!

November 6, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shauna

And I'm sure you have a Peace shirt or sticker on your car too and supported the No H8 campaign for gays – hypocrite!

November 6, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Roger Carter

Awesome and thanks for putting it out there MJH. It's quite amusing that Jay Z and Beyonce can be so amazingly, unapologetically radical in THEIR views, and it's ok. But heaven forbid a "conservative" actress simply expresses her opinion, and she gets vilified. Screw you liberals.

November 6, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • John W.

Screw you liberals? The Taliban and Al Qaeda thank you for being part of America's problem than its solution: Over-the-top, mean-spirited hatred for your fellow Americans. Yes, the enemies of our country thank you.

November 6, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • lisa

November 6, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • warnercc

@John W Have you even read what you are writing? You are the one that is mean spirited and can't carry on a debate without resorting to name calling.

November 6, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Matt

Wow, Loved you when you were on Nick but you just suck now with your beliefs.

November 6, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Me

yeah, don't think it is her "political views" that are costing her acting jobs.

November 6, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  49. bee

Does what she say matter..obviously, not to many a list entertainers publically coming out for Flipper Mittens.

November 6, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  50. who cares

So what? Before now, ive never heard of this lady..

4 more years!!

November 6, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ who cares

You're probably still in college or even high school, then. She's been around for a while, but I guess a child wouldn't know.

November 6, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  51. sad

To be you. You're so broke your afraid mitt wins. Lack of money in your pocket.

November 6, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  52. can't stop laughing...

this like one of my nights out....

November 6, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  53. cicincincy

and yes she makes over 250,000 dollars a year!! just wait until mitt tells her what she can and can not do with her lady parts!! GO MITT!!!!

November 6, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |