While you were working ...
November 2nd, 2012

While you were working ...

Today's news you might've missed:

• USA is really cleaning house. After cutting "Fairly Legal" and "Common Law" from their schedules, the network has also canceled "Political Animals." [E!]
  • Steven Tyler, rock star that he is, made sure to bring some salty language to the "Today" show. (But, between us, aren't you also tired of the concept of an "F-bomb"?) [TMZ]
  • Jimmy Fallon on that one time he ran into Lindsay Lohan at Tao after Superstorm Sandy ... (Trust us, the clip is worth the click.) [THR]
  • We thought Khloe Kardashian's undergarments on "The X Factor" Wednesday night were just ... unlined, or something, but it sounds like she wasn't wearing a bra at all. Simon Cowell: "I thought it was hilarious." [EW]
  • The new Mr. and Mrs. Justin Timberlake took the party to Tanzania for their honeymoon - a super blurry photo of their arrival at the link. [Us Weekly]

Filed under: While you were working

1. Original Peace..

cast looks bored out of their face.

November 5, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  2. Gilligan's Island

was sitcom on television in the 1960's. these are actors portrayed fake characters. the only part of the show that was real were the characters–not the story, not the plot, it was a fake tv set with actors pretending to be stranded on an
    island.

the lyric is "if not for courage of the fearless crew" – again these are lyrics pertaining to fake characters on a show. none of this is real

November 5, 2012 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
    • 98% of the cast is dead

the only ones who are alive are the actresses who played ginger and maryanne.

November 5, 2012 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. Gilligan's Island

was sitcom on television in the 1960's. these are actors that portrayed fake characters. the only part of the show that was real were the characters–not the story, not the plot, it was a fake tv set with actors pretending to be stranded on and
    island.

the lyric is "if not for courage of the fearless crew" - again these are lyrics pertaining to fake characters on a show. none of this is real.

November 5, 2012 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  4. Sokman

Should be "if not for the might of the fearless crew" not sailing crew. My mistake

November 4, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sokman

Sit right back & you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip. That started from a tropic port, aboard this tiny ship. The mate was a mighty sailor man, the skipper brave & sure. 5 passengers set sail that day for a 3 hour tour (a 3 hour tour). The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed. If not for the might of the sailing crew, the Minnow would be lost (the Minnow would be lost). The ship ran aground on the shore of this uncharted dessert Isle, with Gilliga-a-n, the Skipper too. The millionaire, & his wife. The mo-vie star, & the rest, here on Gilligans Isle. After 1st season "the rest" was changed to "the Professor & Mary Ann" at Bob Denvers request

November 4, 2012 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Spaceman Ben

ZOOOOOOOM. SWOOOOOOSH. ALMOST BEDTIME. I like bedtime acausen I can rest. And dream of flying around and not feel bad or hurty.

November 4, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Who. . .

. . .are the slouchy looking losers on that picture. They look like a bunch if spoiled rich brats from New York I wonder if their summer cottage got damaged? I bet they were downwinders a relaxing weekend in the Hamptons when the inclement weather occurred. Pip pip and Cheerios.

November 4, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. I

I thought Gilligan's Island wasn't too stressful. It wasn't the greatest show but it wasn't stressful. That is a good thing.

November 4, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. we're at the bar watching the game

November 4, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ah...

I went to Vegas many years ago with a bunch of friends. We got started talking about Gilligan's Island and the theme song. We just couldn't remember the exact words that start the song. Everywhere we went, like a restaurant, we'd ask if they knew the theme song. Nobody could remember the starting words. By the time we'd leave, everyone in the room would be trying to figure out the words to the song. We did this everywhere we went. It was so funny to hear all these complete strangers try to figure out this song that we have all heard during our lifetime. So, how many of you know the theme song without the goggle machine. It drove us crazy. We never did figure it out until we got home.

November 4, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • yea right

November 4, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • I'm sure I'm wrong but just a guess

Sit right back and you'll hear a tale
      A tale of this faithful trip
      That started from a tropic port
      Upon a tiny ship
      The mate was a tiny sailor man
      The skipper brave and shore
      Five passengers set sail that day for a three hour tour
      The weather started getting rough
      The tiny ship was lost
      I forget the rest. Bet what I typed was also wrong : )

November 4, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Happy Cow

MOOOOOOO we sleeped late today ! All the little critters are happy cause cartoons are on. We hope you and everyone have a happy happy Sunday : )

November 4, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  12. Sokman

Every Gilligan episode mentioned here were from the 2nd season, which was obviously the best. Thursten Howell III was awesome. Bakus ad-libbed over half his lines because he was funnier than the writers. But who wss hotter, Ginger or Mary Ann? I'd take Mary Ann anyday

November 4, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Supreme Commamder

It would be easier to take them both. Wenches they be. They could fetch me water and coconuts and attend to my every need.

November 4, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • uh huh...

enjoy the fantasy

November 4, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Here Also

jorgecaa
    t7fk
    sunshine
    sunshine guest
    Netgear NariN

November 4, 2012 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Supreme Commamder

I too am here. Forsooth. I hear the trumpeting from the castle realm.

November 4, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  14. -

jorgecaa
    t7fk
    sunshine
    sunshine guest
    Netgear NariN

November 4, 2012 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
  15. win1cjfk 83L 1MC 2224

November 4, 2012 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  16. Winnie

make sure you take your medication before bed...tell farmer ben to remain at the factory as long as possible.

November 4, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  17. Happy Cow

MOOOOO I'm a Happy Cow. We lived through this week. I'm gonna sleep here in the barn tonight with the kind and sweet little critters then tomorrow go wander around in the pretty green pasture and munch on some pretty grass and sip on some cool blue water from the lake. It is going to be a happy happy day. Farmer Ben has been working lots of overtime at the factory. He said tomorrow he is going to the pet store to get us lots of happy toys and treats. Kitty Kitty is going to be happy she loves nummy treats : ). It makes me supet happy when kitty kitty and all the little barnyard friends are happy. They are good kind little buddies.

November 3, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Nate

I don't feel nearly as bad as I expected. It sure is good to be now. I can't believe I survived this day. Relatives are yucky yucky.

November 3, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • So Nate

Why does your back hurt all the time?

November 3, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nate

I have scoliosis and some other spinal deformity. It hurts extra bad sometimes. That's just life.

November 3, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • So Nate

I'm sorry to hear that. Back pain is no fun. Hope tomorrow is a good day for you.

November 3, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. looking for an audience...

how about making holiday baskets and selling them.

November 3, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  20. do you feel

like your seeing aliens?

November 3, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nate

I wish I was an alien. I'd fly around in a spaceship and never get old or feel bad. I'd go exploring the cosmos. It would be so awesome. Plus I wouldn't feel bad and my back wouldn't hurt. That would rule. I'd be Spaceman Ben.

November 3, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Hello

Is anyone out there? What are you doing tonight?

November 3, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nate

Smiling and being thankful the day is over. I had to spend it with relatives today. Nothing much worse than relatives.

November 3, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  22. "happy cow and cat on its back"

do not exist–

November 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Sunshine and Sunshine guest--

they are also in that last episode - remember that show we played as a child...red light!!!! green light!!!!!!

November 3, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  24. you see happy cow...

the whole show never cost me 1 dime.

November 3, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  25. uh no sweetie...wrong again...

matteo and others are in the last episode of common law.

November 3, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  26. David S. Band Esquire-Sarasota

Chris Christie will be President one day.

November 3, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Maybe

if we wish real hard, they will return. Are you out there?

November 3, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Nate

I agree.

November 3, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  29. trish

Did you know Happy Cow had a pet kitty that sat on her back while they walked around in the pretty green pasture? Happy Cow would walk up and down the fence line finding toys for the little barnyard critters. Children would sometimes throw their toys out of car windows and Happy Cow would find them. She would carry them back to the barn so all the little ducks and chickens and piggies and calves could play. They had a TV in the barn for watching cartoons and Survivor. MOOOOOOOO. Happy Cow would MOO when happy. : )

November 3, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trish?

there is happy cow and no kitty on its back...those are delusional.....but there is a jorge seeayay

best of luck in your future.

November 3, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  30. trish

I miss Alecia and Happy Cow. They were nice. I enjoyed hearing the nice stories about life on the farm and all the barnyard critters.

November 3, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  31. tracie

They block all the good jokes now. We can't hardly even talk about d-ooooody or anything anymore.

November 3, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. This is

the most boring blog ever! Thanks trolls for driving all the funny people away. This is nothing but a snooze fest now. If you are out there, please come back!

November 3, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  33. Jeff Frank

I hope they cancel every show on TV then bring back Gilligan's Island. Then Gilligan's. Island would be on every channel 24 hours a day. That would be cool. If I was on their island I'd take naps all the time. And not have to go to school.

November 3, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Gilligan's Island is a classic show......FOR ME TO POOP ON!!! Seriously one of the other characters should have just killed Gilligan. They all would have got off the island a lot quicker then.

November 4, 2012 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |