Limited edition of Rihanna's album costs $250
October 31st, 2012

Limited edition of Rihanna's album costs $250

Ahead of the November 19 global release of her newest album, "Unapologetic," Rihanna's launching an ambitious mini-tour.

The singer will do seven different shows in seven different countries over a span of seven days starting November 14.

If you haven't picked up on it yet, the number seven is important, as "Unapologetic" is her seventh studio album in seven years. (Does anyone else have the urge to play the lottery after reading that?)

Joining her on her "777 Tour" will be fans from the "Rihanna Navy," as the singer's supporters are called, as well as more than 150 journalists representing 82 countries. They'll all be carted around a Boeing 777 twinjet, of course.

A statement from her label didn't specify the places she'll visit, but did promise that each stop will be an "intimate" performance, and that one of them will be in the U.K.

In the meantime, those anxious for the full "Unapologetic" experience should start saving up - the limited edition version of Ri's album, called the Diamonds Executive Platinum Box, comes with a pricetag of $250.

In addition to a deluxe CD of "Unapologetic," recipients will find a 40-page "custom Rihanna notebook" containing lyrics and notes; an 11 x 17 note to fans written by the singer; a unisex shirt featuring an image from one of Ri's "Unapologetic" photo shoots; a collectible colored vinyl of "Diamonds" remixes; seven laptop stickers; a 2GB USB drive; a custom-made View-Master featuring 3-D images of Rihanna's "style transformation," and a few other items.

(If you can't swing $250, but don't want to settle for just the album, there's also a "Diamonds Deluxe Edition Box" for $75.)

Hopefully we'll get another sampling of what's to come on "Unapologetic" when Rihanna returns to "Saturday Night Live" as a musical guest on November 10. (Anne Hathaway is on board to host.)

Filed under: Celebrities • Music • Rihanna

1. margin

whats this crap for God's sake?

November 7, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Caloosa

$250 is close to what I spend on groceries in a month! I'm not that hungry!

November 7, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. devantino

my life style will be changed here in Arbaminch,Ethiopia if i dont spend on such f****d up CD.

November 7, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Panthro

Great point "Sugar"...man, talk about some big egos...sadly, there will be some dumb-azz people that will pay this...I mean dang!! the girl cant even sing...I would give her maybe even $20 for a bj, I think she might be worth that, but then she has to let me throw in a couple left hooks and maybe a straight right jab...LOL

November 7, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jon

Do people still buy CDs? It's been at least 10 years since I browsed around the CD section. I'm sure in her world this is very 'affordable'.

November 5, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. marian

I shall not buy any music what so ever . These guys are snobs . Do not spent any of their own money for the poor .

November 4, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. hey

would you 2 happen to know when mrs lee is opening...the drying cleaning situation is killing me!

November 1, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  8. Toys!

you miss the boat with da six....lolol..silly man

November 1, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. Six

they aint what i heard...ahhhhh....poor baby...lololol

November 1, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  10. Clete

I decided, after careful consideration, not to buy. Instead I made a contribution to Sandy relief.

November 1, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  11. ChrisBrown

...and when you get it home you get to smack it around. Sure it will cry, but then it will come back for more.

November 1, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  12. Justin

I would probably spend the 250 if it came with a DVD of Chris Brown beating her for coming up with such a stupid idea to make a 250 dollar CD.

November 1, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  13. jimmer

It comes with a full set of STD's collected right from her disease infected stink box.

November 1, 2012 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  14. jane powers

dats why you do bad things...you don't get enuff in da home...this is so funny i have to call all my guy friends (who love when i ask these questions) and find out if its really true-you need da bj–you don't get the bj dats why you is bad.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaloveuboohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

November 1, 2012 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  15. you mean to tell me....

you have to pay for it? your girlfriends do not help you every once in awhile...this has just made my freekin day...
    sorry even at my age we're a little innocent. these guys nowadays are maroons...

November 1, 2012 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
  16. bjcomptrap--

you actually have to pay for a bj..you don't have a nice girlfriend or wife who takes care of you?

November 1, 2012 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  17. she is not pig

and has talent. in life you act like a pig...you get treated like one...

November 1, 2012 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |
  18. bagladyboutique

Reblogged this on Bag Lady Boutique.

October 31, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sokman

Laptop stickers & a View Master? Really? Isn't that pretty much the same shlt we used to get in boxes of cereal for free? And a 2GB drive... Well thank your God for that little gem. Is 2GB even big enough to store the whole "deluxe" cd on? Hope you pack a lot of Scope on your tour bus, because the least you can do is kiss your fans on the back of the neck while you got em bent over for that a$s forking

October 31, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  20. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

I have no doubt this new album will be full of wonderful material......FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

October 31, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  21. James

Not worth the cost trust me.. What a joke...

October 31, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • sugar

No s**t, right? I look forward to not buying this for three dollars when it hits the bargain bin at Walmart.

October 31, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |