October 31st, 2012

'DWTS' stunned by shocking elimination

The first rule of "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars" is that anything can happen.

With a cast featuring some of the show's best performers from previous seasons, it can be incredibly difficult to predict which celebrity will go home next.

Nevertheless, Tuesday night's elimination of Sabrina Bryan shocked pretty much everyone affiliated with the ABC show. The singer/actress was the highest-scoring celebrity over the last two weeks, topping it off with a perfect score in her Monday rumba.

But Bryan, despite earning her "DWTS: All-Stars" slot via fan vote, struggled to get the support needed to advance. And it's not the first time Bryan was knocked off the show in a shocking manner - she  was eliminated in the sixth week of season 5 despite tallying some of the stronger scores of the season.

As if that weren't enough, we also learned that popular pro Derek Hough will miss at least one week of competition due to a bulging disc in his vertebrae. Hough's celebrity partner, gymnast Shawn Johnson, will pair with Mark Ballas for next week's "fusion dance" competition. Ballas, who led Johnson to victory on season 8 of "Dancing," was previously paired with Bristol Palin on "All-Stars."

Watch the video above to hear from Bryan, Johnson and some of the celebrities about Tuesday's night of surprises. And tell us what you think about Sabrina Bryan's elimination - did America get it wrong?

1. Milagros

I give everyone credit for being able to watch this show. I'd sooner watch YooToob vids of people squeezing huge puss pimples.

November 26, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cheryl Sanregret

With all the judges praising Kirstie Alley, the scene is set for Kirstie to remain on the show, even though she struggles, is basically looking for a man first and money second. To vote Sabrina off and keep Kirstie on is a shame and the judges should be more careful with their comments. They are contributing to this unfair voting.

November 13, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Linda

I just looked up Sabrina Bryan, because I didn't know anything about her either. She's actually done a lot for her age, (acting, singing, dancing, writing) but I think most of her work has been geared toward the younger, Disney crowd, and I don't think they are too involved in the fan voting on DWTS. So, even though she is off this show already and many aren't happy about it, I think we will continue to see her in the entertainment world.

November 12, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  4. drmello

I have no idea who Sabrina Bryan is...maybe that was the problem

November 9, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ken

What a travesty!! Sabrina is a sensational dancer (witness her two weeks of 10s). And then to find the worst dancers "safe" and the best dancers "in jeopady" and then to seen Sabrimna eliminated make me sick. Why have judges at all (and everyone, even the dancers pin so much emotion on their scoring) when it counts not at all!!! This merely a popularity contest! Bummer!!!!!! Poor Sabrina, betrayed by the fans! She should have lasted till the very end, possible even winning – that's how good I thought she was. I 'm not sure I can continue watching this rigged show!

November 7, 2012 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
    • bball

I with you Ken my watching days are over for this so called dance contest.

November 9, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sue

It's a reality show, not just a dance contest. As long as fans can vote, it will never be a true dance contest. I guess we just have to take it for what it is and enjoy the dancing.

November 6, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bball

If this is a dancing contest then judge it as dancing, not as a popularity or entertainer contest. One of the best dancer got voted off because she didn"t have the popular vote. That"s bull.

November 6, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. EJ

I agree that Sabrina shouldn't have been the one to go, but I do think she was over-scored and has been given 10s when she didn't necessarily deserve them. The judges have been so determined to "right the wrong" from the season she went home early, that they haven't always given her the score she truly deserved (and I might add they also haven't given others the scores they deserved). A couple of the other dancers should have received 10s, but didn't. Sabrina received 10s, but maybe shouldn't have. At any rate, she wasn't going to win the mirror ball anyway. She's not the best dancer and would have been voted off eventually. Unfortunately, it was too soon – it should have been Kirstie.

November 5, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Linda L.

I am the Linda who was on here last week. Now there seem to be two Linda's, and Lindahater has said a horrible thing to the other one. One would have to be mentally ill to wish breast cancer on anyone. What a horrid, horrid disease it is. I thought this would be a fun blog to follow, but not when some people can't allow another their opinion.

November 5, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Elaine

I agree with Kathy from the post above. Bring back Sabrina. The people on the East Coast did not have their t.v. on Monday. Many were without power including me. We not only could see the show and therefore, we could not vote. This is not fair to Sabrina and the other contestants. Due to the weather and the inability for all of us East Coast people, there should not have been an eliniation. I am tired of the popularity contest. The show is a dance show. Good people who are excellent dancers are kicked off and the people who do not belong remain. If this continues, I will not watch and many people I speak to said the same thing. Wise up ABC!

November 2, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. mary wakim

On Tuesday night they said next week there would be no one voted off next week.
    Sabrina didn't go home because of power outages. Those votes that sent her home were from the week before

November 2, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. charlene--you there?

what's your major in dancing–ballet, jazz, modern, hip hop, grunge, disco, tap?

November 2, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlene

My major from a California University mostly centered on modern dance, although I have taken lots of ballet, jazz, acrobats. Now I am pretty much just the audience- from arthritis throughout spine, neck. I never took a hip-hop class. That was not the "thing" when I was around. I probably shouldn't be so irritated with DWTS results, but I felt sad for Sabrina because she was working so hard. :)

November 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. charlene

Hey ABC: Change the voting!! Give the top half on leaderboard immunity! Even Gilles Marini said that fans come up to him and say "I didn't see the show, but I am voting for you!" HELLO?! What in the world. It should have something to do with talent!! (OF course, Gilles is excellent dancer, but I am saying that others out there may be just voting because they have lots of fans: {cough} like Kirstie.

November 2, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Linda

Hmmmm....and now that we have the little Cheetah Girl out of the way....let's work on bumping off Kelly and Val....they are sickening. Shawn or Emmitt will win...because as we all know...it's a popularity contest for people who are learning to dance. I love the judges. They are awesome!

November 1, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Judges

bruno is one of the greatest dancers i have ever seen...he's 54 and he can move he's amazing, lenny is a ballroom dancer for the last 40 years in london and has a school in london, carrie ann has toured with madonna 5 times and janet jackson 3 times and jennifer lopes 2 times

these are experience dancers and judges and they know a good dancer when they see one...they know what a fake is
    ...if your not clear about the world of dance then don't comment.

November 1, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlene

Agree. I am dance major, and it is very irritating that professional dancing judges understand dancing talent, put them highest on leaderboard, and then they are eliminated due to popularity contest, not necessarily their dance performance. DWTS should have rule that top half of leaderboard can NOT be voted off; that they are immune.. after all, this is about dancing talent, or is suppose to be.

November 2, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • whats your major in dancing

and where do you attend school....

November 2, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  16. be quiet

same information..the show's in the top 10...by sabrina...end of story...she missed steps here and there
    and had to catch up 3 or 4 times...mistakes are not aloud in theater.

November 1, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Sabrina

was not that great–i saw the tape–Bruno wasn't in love with her either...

November 1, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Bob SLC

Tuesday's final result was a travesty and pathetic. First of all what happened to the dance off of the lowest combined scores used during last season? If they had used that, Sabrina Bryan would have stayed, or they would have shown this to be a rigged show. Or after 14 seasons and this being an all-star edition of DWTS, why wouldn't they use a concept like immunity (as on Survivor) for the top score of the week, which would also have likely sent home one of the low scores. (Additionally does Len seem to be picking on Derek alot, because he may think Derek is getting to big for his britches). If possible, contact ABC or the DWTS producers to complain and maybe offer these suggestions, unless the show has finally as they say jumped the shark.

November 1, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • michaelw777

Nah, I just think Len was crankier than usual – except that Len IS cranky from time to time. All three judges are outstanding, talented and experienced. But they all have their human failings as well, and sometimes they show up at the judging table. I deeply respect Len for his professionalism, dance judging, and his fairly consistent objectivity.

Nevertheless, if you've watched the show for any length of time (I've watched since Season 1), he occasionally treats the dance in a subjective manner. Best example is the "raunch" factor. Sometimes he likes it, sometimes he doesn't. The pro dancers can never be sure which Len they're going to get, got to be hard for them from that point of view.

But since these posts are supposed to be about Sabrina – I was shocked and disappointed as many people were. I was not her fan the first time around, but was still surprised when she was eliminated the first time. This time she changed my mind. I feel she should have made it to the top 3. And she was clearly better than some of the others that are still safe.

That not enough fans voted for her based on talent, and that fans voted for someone else based on popularity is certainly unfair, but here's a hard truth: without fan input, this show likely would not have lasted as long as it has. From time to time, the unfairness is glaring, but Sabrina is not the first, nor will she be the last, to go home earlier than he/she should have before someone else.

Sabrina, if you read these things, it must really hurt. All I can say is you took someone like me, not knowing who you were, and turned me into a fan. You have exceptional talent and ability, and it showed in your personality, hard work, and persistence. You shone even among some of the best contestants the show has had. You made it to week 6 even among that best – and many were still shocked by the loss. That so many people were shocked should be an indication to you of how those who were actually paying attention to the dancing felt. Hold your head high.

November 8, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  19. Aaron

Sabrina was clearly the best dancer and got voted off even with the top score 2 weeks in a row including a perfect score,? Voting is rigged especially Many east coast viewers didn't vote due to Hurricane Sandy, is no longer a dance contest, it's a popularity contest, they need to bring Sabrina back or I'm not watching this show no more.

November 1, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Mark Armijo

This show is ridiculous. why do you have judges giving scores if the viewing audience chooses who gets the axe. this crap is a big popularity contest. Just like Idol. Plus, they need to change the name "Dancing With The Stars"? Since when did Bristol Palin become a star. Wasn't America bashing her for being a teen having a baby out of wedlock, now all is well and people are trying to make her to be Americas new sweetheart. Give me a break. But hey keep doing your thing ABC. At least you have people chatting unlike other networks.

November 1, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Sue

I don't think anyone is saying that Kirstie is a better dancer than Sabrina. It's all about the fan base. Kirstie has millions of fans from her acting career.....Sabrina doesn't. And...Kirstie has Max.....Sabrina doesn't. The fan base for Max is huge compared to Louie. As I said before, I don't care who wins. I'm guessing it will be Shawn and Derek. But it will be fun watching, no matter who wins.

November 1, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  22. BayouJD

It's time fr the old ladyto go, to say she is a better dancer than Sabrina is a complete farce

November 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlene

Of course, Kirstie is popular, but I am sure she would even agree that she is not a better dancer than Sabrina.

November 2, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  23. sjperry

Do over!!! East coast didn't get to vote or see monday night.

November 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Take easy Katie

its not that serious

November 1, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Katie

Seriously – is anyone THAT surprised? It's not about dancing. Look how long Palin lasted the first time around – does anyone seriously believe it was because she could dance well??Just like the other reality shows are not about survival skills, singing, marriageability, or any kind of real talent. (People with real talent don't need this sort of stepping stone to their goal.) It's about ratings and getting people to weigh in with their votes, blogs, and comments. You KNOW the shows are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel when they have "all star" shows. Soon we'll have real television back again, as opposed to these contrived reality sensationalism-for-ratings silliness, and these so-called hosts will have to find some other game show to hawk.

November 1, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  26. upstateny

If you think DWTS voting is messed up...wait until the presidential election. With that being said nobody has anthing to be ashamed about at all. They are all great and no matter who wins I'll wish the other one had one. They are all great and don't have a favorite.

November 1, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  27. PasswordMouth

you can't dance how would you know?

November 1, 2012 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  28. Popptart

I recently read somewhere that this is going to be the last season for Max and Derek. Anyone else heard this? I don't think the show will have as much appeal for me without them.

October 31, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • michaelw777

Max is leaving at the end of his contract, but I think he still has 2 years to run. I don't know about Derek, but I hope it's not true. If it's true, my guess would be that his injuries are catching up to him. He hurt himself again just last week.

November 8, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  29. Popptart

I think it should not be open to voting until the last 5 contestants. Then you would truly have a "DANCER" win. Let the judges weed out the wannabes.

October 31, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlene

That is exactly what I have been saying. And excuse those who do take it seriously. It's not the "gong show". These are extremely talented judges, so what's the deal with all these results.

November 2, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  30. Sue

You people are so funny....like any of this means anything. But....since the fans are allowed to vote, it will always be a popularity contest first, and a dance contest second. Kirstie was on one of tv's top shows for many years. Her fan base is huge, probably bigger than anyone else on the show. She is followed by football player, Emmitt Smith, and then Shawn Johnson. Sabrina, while she could dance, is a virtual nobody, in comparison...and is dancing with Louie, who has never been that popular. The same goes for Gilles and Kelly, with partners who are faitly new to the show. I don't really care who wins...I don't vote. I don't expect Kirstie to win, but with her fan base, along with Max's appeal...plus the connection they have....I'm not surprised that she is still on. A fun show to watch....but just that...fun...not a real dance contest at all. Enjoy!

October 31, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Don

Why would anyone watch DWTS? The voting charade is ample reason to ignore the ridiculous results.

October 31, 2012 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Jo

It has to be rigged....I cannot believe that week after week of watching Kirstie Alley that she is still on and the good ones are going home.

October 31, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • michaelw777

It's not rigged. It's just not fair. But that's going to happen from time to time when one person has an out-sized fan base compared to others. It's happened on previous seasons. Heck – it's already happened on this season, where more talented dancers went home before less talented ones.

November 8, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  33. mario

I think it's time to revamp the scoring system.......something smells after last night's results.....if anyone should be gone it's Kristie, put her out to pasture.....she can't dance, just waves her arms.....such an ugly face too.

October 31, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Caryl

Agreed, Sabrina should still be there and I vote for new judges if this program stays on!!! Bring fresh judges in who aren't so biased for favorites and have more respect for the hard work the pros put in with the stars. That's why I enjoy the Voice. The judges work hard at giving the contestants positive, constructive comments.....

October 31, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • michaelw777

It's not the judges that sent Sabrina home, it's the TV audience. And I for one am very happy with the judges. Most of these reality shows have gone through a bunch of judges, coming and going, with a lot of controversy and dust in the air. ABC proved their wisdom in picking these particular three.

If Sabrina had been staying or going strictly based on the judges – she'd still be here. Didn't you see Len's and Carrie Ann's reaction to her being voted off? They were sick about it. Don't blame the judges for audience bias or stupidity.

November 8, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  35. Se

The judges have their favorites...Kristie, Melissa and Cheryl. You noticed they are generous with their score for these women. It sucks.

October 31, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sabrina

She didn't deserve to go. What is going on....LEN has a personal problem with Derek...is it jealousy? Derek is without a doubt the best dancer of the show. Len and Carrie Ann, who is always so HAHAHAHOT over all the male contestants should go...too much favoritism. If Derek leaves the show will lose thousands of viewers including me. .
    Sabrina did amazing. Good luck to her.

October 31, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol Bradley

I can't believe DWTS isn't bringing Sabrina back. With most of the east coast tryin to survive an epic hurricane, so many people were unable to cast their votes due to power outages and flooding.

October 31, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Terry

I cannot figure out how Sabrina went home. The judges votes count for 50% The audience vote counts for 50% Even if she was last in voting that gave her a (1 and an (7 Total score 8. Last placei n judges votes Kelly would have had to win the audience vote to even tie Sabrina. And the second lowest in judges votes best possible score would have been a 6 and a 2 still tied at 8 .Looks like its rigged. And if it's not they're giving ties to the one with the best audience vote. I think they suck. Sabrina and Melissa are the best dancers there .

October 31, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Sandra Traver Hasson

After being a die-hard fan almost since the first season, I am giving up on this show. It is just insane. It's not even PRETENDING to be about dancing anymore. Gosh. Why don't we just do a fan vote before the first show and declare the mirror ball and be done with it. I hate it.

October 31, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Kirstie Sanders

i do not have a disgusting face...

October 31, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sally

Some on this thread think Sabrina will be back due voting problems because of Hurricane Sandy. Won't happen. Sorry people – if that was going to happen then the show would have announced it at the beginning of last night's episode. They could have easily said no one was going home last night and all votes already submitted would be included in votes next week and 2 would go home. But the show didn't go with that. Sabrina's home.

And nope – I don't agree with the vote either. But it isn't changing.

October 31, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  41. jcoz

She shouldn't have been on in the first place. She dances on Broadway!!!! If you want to complain about it being rigged that would be it. Watching her the other night she wan't that clean in her performance. It was not worthy of 10's. There was no hip action in her rumba, arms were good.

October 31, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  42. prank654

what ab absolute joke, well now I'm done with the show

October 31, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Annie Grace

We are not going to watch this fiasco of rigged voting/judging anymore. And Kirstie is there because.....? It's certainly not talent. What a shame and disappointment. The show really is unfair and it now just stinks.

October 31, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Patti

I cannot believe Sabrina is off. There is no way they should have elliminated anyone last night. They should eliminate 2 the next time they vote. I am from the east coast and most people did not have power. They mentioned people could vote the following day till 11:00 am but if you didn't have power you obviously didn't hear it. The northeast is still out of power and hopefully by the next time you can vote (after elections) there will be power. The judges were shocked and they should bring her back. All my friends feel the same way. Not FAIR at all!!!

October 31, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  45. former fan

The program needs to be re-formatted and the judges should have the last say about who is eliminated. I have lost interest because of it being a popularity contest and of all the debate interuptions and the election.

October 31, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sally

These judges? Let these judges have the final say? The same 3 who consistently over or underscore depending on the person performing at the time? Nope – can't agree with them having the final say. Some one else mentioned how the top vote getter should be immune from elimination that week – that idea I do like.

October 31, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Beh

Clearly rigged considering she went home the same exact time she did last time she was on. Not even fair to her that she is obviously the best dancer there. Personally, they need to change it up so it's not a popularity contest. Like vote for the bottom 3 scorers to stay or have the highest scorer of the night be immune from elimination. Hell, even bring back the bottom 2 dance off because Sabrina would've smoked anyone and everyone.

October 31, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • shirley kresky

after watching last nitght eleminations i can truly say that this not contest about talent but about popularity. how can you justifie kristen still not knoked off. really she should have been gone weeks ago.

October 31, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Voting

Last week we couldn't vote in Phoenix either due to the local station airing the show an hour later. So this isn't the first time that a large metropolitan area was prevented from voting and that may have impacted the results last week. Unpredictable stuff just happens. That's life.

October 31, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Ellie

I have to agree that Sabrina should not have been voted off. Kirstie is truly the weakest link in that chain of dancers. I'm pulling for Melissa & Tony

October 31, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  49. koblast

I would rather watch Max and Kirstie over any of the other dancers. Who cares if Kirstie isn't the best dancer left. Max and Kirstie bring fun and laughs to the dance floor. And to put it in perspective Kirstie is 42 years older than Shawn –so give her a break!! I don't think Sabrina deserved to go home but it isn't a choice between Kirstie and Sabrina. Really it winds up being a choice of who people want to watch dance next week. I don't want to watch Emmit dance but he has a lot of people who do want to watch him so that's just the way the show works - People vote for their favorites. Stop acting like it is Kirstie's fault that Sabrina didn't have enough people vote for her to dance next week. There were a lot of dancers who also got votes instead of Sabrina. Silly to blame.

October 31, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drew

The majority of people are NOT blaming Kirstie directly, you idiot! They are criticizing the show and the judging process. It's people like you who keep voting for self-absorbed has-beens that make this show not worth watching. Although some of the judging is questionable, for the most part it's not even that bad. I want to criticize the majority (not all) who are still watching DWTS. If the total number of votes from the audience were converted back to the 1 to 10 scale, you'd see really awful, inappropriate scores...like a 10 for Kirstie and a 1 for Sabrina. It's so ridiculous. I'm done with this show.

November 1, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Jim

It all boils down to the show exec's as to who goes home, not the voters. Just look at the group dance and tell me who was the best. The judges picked Kristie and Max. How? They just went out on the floor and did nothing that looks like a dance. It is all rigged to keep people watching and wondering how someone that cant dance as well as the rest can get the votes. Think about it.

October 31, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • POLLY

SENDING SABRINA HOME IS A SHAME. DWTS IS A DANCING EVENT NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST FOR OLD ACTRESSES. K. A. MAY HAVE TALENT BUT IT'S NOT DANCING. I THINK THEY SHOULD BRING SABRINA BACK DUE TO LACK OF EAST COAST VOTES. SEND K.A. HOME.

October 31, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  51. KathyD

Dancing is more than wiggling hips and waving expressive arms. It's the crisp steps, the sharp turns, maintaining frame, the musicality, and dancing from the heart. DWTS is putting too much emphasis on production numbers and sets. Should Sabrina have gone home? Not in a million. Should Kirsty? If she doesn't meet the true meaning of dance – yes.

October 31, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Terry

That "ANYONE" would be knocked off before Kirstie is a travesty. It is more than obvious that Sabrina
    is a FAR superiour dancer than K.A.. What a shame!! I have yet to see where K.A. is a talented anything.

October 31, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • LucyRicardo

Terry . . . I agree with you 100%. She is not as good as Sabrina and is not a good dancer. She gets by because of Maks. But Len is always falling all over her, even when her routines are awful. She did nothing spectacular this week or last, so I don't understand why she wasn't the one voted off. She is the weakest dancer and she should have been gone before Helio also.

October 31, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlene

I totally agree. It just really shows you that the majority of fans vote for their "favorites" not always due to dance talent, but who they know, etc. ABC hopefully will get a clue that people on top of leaderboard should be immune. Some people can say Sabrina had not talent, etc. but in my opinion, she obviously does. I give all of them some credit, and credit for Kirstie and her age, but she just is not a great dancer.

November 3, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  53. dan

I guess she did not have a wardrobe malfunction so she did not stand a chance.

October 31, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Dee

I agree with Faith 100%. While Sabrina is not my personal favorite, east coasters most likely were left out of this vote due to Sandy. She will be back. They just need drama. We get it.

October 31, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  55. San Jose

I don't even know who Sabrina is... a "star" I doubt it. Same thing with Bristol. This is a popularity contest... I voted for Val and Kelly because I love watching them together; the scores that the judges give them do not sway my vote.

October 31, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

Disney Channel. That is why she's not winning the popularity contest. It;s mosly people under the age of 16 who know who she is and they are not the ones doing the voting.

October 31, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Lucy

She was the right one to send home.!! She did not deserve 3-10's Monday night . the judgers have scored her much higher than she deserved all season. I'm glad she gone. Kyle should have come back now he has some talent dancing. Yes Kirstie needs to next But will miss MAX!

October 31, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • LucyRicardo

Lucy, while I agree with you that she did not deserve all those 10s, nor the big fuss they made over that Cinderella waltz that she and Louis did. Yes, it was nice, but not that good that it should receive the raves by Len and the other judges that it did. Sabrina should have stayed at least another week or so, because she is a good dancer, much better than Kirstie Alley. She is the one that is long overdue to leave.

October 31, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • EJ

I completely agree – she did not deserve 10s – the judges were too worried about keeping her on the show because they thought she got robbed last time. That's life! She was a good dancer, but sometimes she received scores that were not indicative of the dance she performed. Most times, she probably should have been given 9s and some of the dancers that got 9s probably deserved 10s. She definitely wasn't good enough to be at the top of the leader board 2 weeks in a row. The judges made that happen.

October 31, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  57. faith

I have faith they will bring Sabrina back , due to SANDY storm and the east coast not being able to vote. I find it unfair that she was sent home when she can really dance and always gave it her all. I dont think the fans should pick I think the judges and experts need to have the final word on it.

October 31, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Dan

It is truly sad and very discouraging that these TALENT shows always turn out to be a popularity contest. Kirstie is an entertainer of some merit but absolutley does not have the talent nor ability as a dancer that Sabrina or ANY of the remaining stars have. To think that Kirstie could win this is ludicrous whereas Sabrina had an excellent shot at it.
    Once again, DWTS got it wrong.

October 31, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lorie

I so agree with you Dan!!! I thought this was a talent of dancing!!!! Kirstie bends her knees when they shoud be straight, she ijust does not have the talent as Sabrina and there for Kirstie should be gone!! Not fair to Louie either!

October 31, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  59. MEL

Please, people we vote for best dancers, that mean nothing. Why judges look surprise when Sabrina was voted out, they knew she is leaving, I believe producers and judges decide who leaves. They want to keep Kirstie ( disgusting face) in the show, so best stars got to go

October 31, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  60. They are doing their job...

and will always win because of it. will always always win.

October 31, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  61. Brianne

I love the peoples vote...its very "computer" organized nowadays–

October 31, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  62. A change is needed

I think what needs to be done is for DWTS to have the judges vote. I realize you want the people involved but the people are not doing their job...Please change this before you lose your viewers....what a shame to lose the best...

October 31, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Delighted

No, the people ARE doing their job, the judges are not doing theirs by giving high scores to individuals who do not deserve them!

October 31, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • rgh

the show is a joke there was no fan votes off the east coast because of sandy but they say more people than before voted the show a fake

October 31, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherry Raiford

I was looking at the CNN website and saw that DWTS eliminated Sabrina again too soon. This is the very reason I stopped watching DWTS...it was the year Sabrina was on the show the very first time and she was clearly the best dancer and she was eliminated. I stopped watching at that very minute.

October 31, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • LucyRicardo

The judges have their favorites and tend to overscore some of the dancers - i.e. Kirstie Alley and Melissa Rycroft, just to name a couple. If the audience didn't vote, the judge's favorites would always win, even if they did not deserve to win.

October 31, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlene

I agree that the judges are doing great at their job, even though I think they tend to be lenient with Kirstie. But from one who understands technique, they do pretty good. Of course the average fan votes are probably based more on popularity. The top leaderboard should not be able to be eliminated; that would finalize all of this muck

November 2, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Kirstie

is popular she will remain.

October 31, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • rgh

the fact the judges gave Kirstie the two bonus points for the free style dance Monday shows how just much this a rigged affair she does not belong but she will make to the finals

October 31, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • charlene

To rgh: Yeah, I was surprised they awarded the 2 points to Kirstie, because I thought she showed the least talent. I had to rewind it (huluplus) to see what Kirstie did. It was some fun- "hee'haw" butt slapping technique. I usually agree pretty much with judges- give a point or two here and there- but Kirstie, come on! Anybody could have done what she did! I bet I could train my dog to do that trick!

November 3, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Jeanne Miller

Yes, American got it wrong again! Obviously, the lowest scorers Val and the soap opera girl should have gone with Kirstie and Maxs next (although i hate to see Maxs go!)

October 31, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  65. ALLSTARSHOWS

are a must–they make me curious.

October 31, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  66. 1 person show

dancing with the stars is still one of the top rated dance shows on television–if you don't like the show then change the channel.

October 31, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  67. BestSeason

american idol season 10 did not have any strategic votes–season 10 was the worst in nielsen ratings for DWTS.

October 31, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  68. mukazzi

Right...the first time. Right...the second time. DWTS has more strategic political voters than any other show (except for pre-season 10 American Idol). This season will be one of the worst for DWTS, and decisions have to be made to either completely overhaul (new pros, new judges -NO MORE ALL-STAR SHOWS!) production or bank on the profitability of failure of this franchise.

October 31, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • LucyRicardo

Yes, they do need to change judges - I notice how different the judging was with Michael Flatley awhile back and now with Paula Abdul. Not so much favoritism. Though the current judges are "colorful" for lack of a better term, there is too much favoritism toward certain dancers. But I do like the current pros (and they do rotate or change from time to time) and I do enjoy the All-Stars. I hope they do another all star show with different celebs.

October 31, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Wow

That must have been some bad dancing last night. The judges all look like they want to puke!

October 31, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  70. Big Jim

I don't watch now that Bristol was eliminated. She could dance.

October 31, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • mgtampa

Apparently you are very easily pleased!

October 31, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • seriously?

Big Jim....I have to admit Bristol improved a lot since the last time she was on but she still can't dance. Shel 'walks' too much instead of dancing and has little rhythm. I wonder if she is tone deaf.

October 31, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Linda

That is just too funny!!!!

October 31, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |