Sandy's destructive path
October 30th, 2012

Celebs share concern for victims of Sandy

Celebrities shared their concern for those on the East Coast at the Hollywood premiere of Disney’s “Wreck-It Ralph” on Monday.

“[I’ve] been watching the weather channel non-stop and I feel like I’m there, and then I turn and there’s just blue skies and sunshine,” Sarah Silverman, who voices Vanellope von Schweetz in the animated 3-D flick told CNN. “And I feel guilty, but not too guilty.”

Jane Lynch had a similar sentiment: “It’s a very, very strange thing that we are enjoying a beautiful day here in Los Angeles. … Our hearts are with everybody on the East Coast, and hang in there and know that when this blows over, and it will, we will all take care of each other.”

Jack McBrayer, who plays Kenneth Parcell on “30 Rock,” which films in New York City, joked, “I think work is cancelled today, and I think work is cancelled tomorrow. I might be stuck here for awhile.”

Meanwhile, McBrayer’s “30 Rock” co-star Tracy Morgan took to Twitter to update followers on his status: “No [sic] electicity so I sit alone in my four cornered room staring at candles.”

Taraji P. Henson, on the other hand, didn’t seem quite as content passing the time indoors. “Experiencing the onset of CABIN FEVER!!!!!” she tweeted.

Former “American Idol” contestant Pia Toscano posted, “I can't sleep soundly knowing what is going on in Queens right now. Praying for all those who lost their homes in Breezy Point.”

And Octavia Spencer asked her followers to keep the victims of Superstorm Sandy in their prayers: “Have a blessed & wonderful day and know that someone else isn't. Pray for them!”

1. LBD Rules the Red Carpet of 2011 Billboard Music Awards-spun17

Hiya, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and web and this is actually annoying. A good blog with interesting content, that is what I need. Thanks for keeping this website, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can't find it. LBD Rules the Red Carpet of 2011 Billboard Music Awards-spun17 http://www.yuwomen.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165613

May 20, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Christine

Is this article for real????? Everyone on this planet with a heart is concerned about everyone affected by hurricane sandy. It's exhausting that we have to see headlines saying "Celebs Share Concern for Victims of Sandy"....what makes them so special that their quotes mean more than any other person. Keep the Celebs out of crisis situations, It's Insulting, and if they truly are concerned then they should lend a helping hand where it's needed to help everyone rebuild their lives.

October 31, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. JazzyGirl

Thank you, Tanya, for your comment about Lindsey Lohan. Her comments about the hurricane show that she is not only an idiot, but an uncaring and thoughtless one as well. I live in Pennsylvania and was scared to death when this storm came racing through. Ms. Lohan should be placed in the same situation and then let's see what callous remarks she has to make.

October 31, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. The Truth

Everything is now ok the National Guard, first responders, Red Cross, power companies and everyone helping can stand down, celebrities are getting face time with their well wishes.

I was fortunate not to suffer any damage as it went through my area, but many are not as fortunate. Disaster relief was one of my specialties in the Navy and I have put those skills to use in this storm. I always hated public well wishes because it does absolutely nothing. Matter of fact it does nothing but waste time in relief efforts because public well wishers expect the victims and relief helpers to make public thank you's. It even wastes more time and effort when they want to visit the area, do you know the disruption it causes to get them in and out? Either help, donate, make a silent prayer/wish or stay out of it, anything else is a disruption. I don't care or want to hear from a celebrity. A single National Guard Trooper is worth more then a billion celebrity tweets.

October 31, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  5. S Bond

One of the most giving celebs is Sandra Bullock who has given millions in the past disaters. So not all of them are evil trolls as you portray! do some research before you post things that may not be so true.

October 31, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. Darren Powers

i mailed my check out to the red cross already...did you?

October 31, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. Curious

Wondering how many of these "concerned" celebrities have donated to the American Red Cross or other disaster relief funds? I'm in PA and was lucky enough to not get much damage from the storm, however people living 20 mins away didn't fair too well. Instead of being well wishers take action, as I have, to actually help!

October 31, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. sam

its evil disgusting and ruined peoples lives for months. we have to pray for these people did anyone make a box of goodies for these people? i went to wallmart, I purchased packs of undewear, socks deodrant, shampoos, toothpastes, toothbrushes, childrens books....has anyone done anything yet or is everyone going to preach on day long on a computer.

October 31, 2012 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  9. Magic Undies

Enjoy your time in California, it will fall into the sea soon enough

October 31, 2012 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. Lizard Lance

When will Twitter no longer be en vogue? Anyone can punch a keyboard 140 times. Big deal. Why do so many take it seriously? It's a lazy way of communicating, just like texting is, and to a degree email.

October 31, 2012 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  11. sir

it's so nice to see the beautiful people so concerned. make you want to break out the vomit bags.

October 31, 2012 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. the storm

October 31, 2012 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  13. SKY

FACT: THIS STORM SANDY WAS GREAT, BUT OUR LOVE FOR OUR NEIGHBOR IS GREATER...
    SEE WITH YOUR HEART...THE LOVE PEOPLE HAVE FOR ONE ANOTHER...HEAR THE
    CRIED BUT SEE THE HELP AND LOSS OF HUGS...
    THIS STORM IS NO ACT OF GOD..THIS IS A NATURAL WEATHER DISASTER.
    THAT TEACHES US ALL ONE POWERFUL LESSON "NOTHING IS PERMANENT EXCEPT LOVE.

October 31, 2012 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  14. Elly

Wow....these are actual celebrities? Never heard of any of them except for Jane Lynch, and, why would anyone care what they think anyway? What an incredibly lame story. Those left behind, after multiple warnings to leave, deserve what they're getting, except for the children. They had no choice in the matter and shame on the parents for putting them in harms way.

October 31, 2012 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Curious

Your kidding.... right? Get off your high horse my friend and get back to reality...

October 31, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  15. Rick Ginanni

Every day I pray that Lindsey Lohman will be found dead from a an overdose and drown in a pool of her own vomit.

October 30, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • cactusjack

Somebody needs to do something about you right away. There is something just not quite right about you and it needs to be addressed. If anyone knows who this person is they need to contact the police and show them what his mind is capable of producing.

October 30, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • sir

cactusjack, are you really mic foley?

October 31, 2012 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  16. Alison

Thats right. Show us the money. Where its needed. Angelina, brittany, madonna. Help some1 out that needs it

October 30, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Alison

If the celebs are always so worried about the victims then they needa take some of that money they never gonna spend in their whole life and share the flipin welth. They always so concerned but never spend a penny to help. Who cares if they concerned. Were all concerned but no one cares bout that cause were not rich. Such a shame.

October 30, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • MBrady

All the big stars get up on stage and beg for money from their fans for all their causes: Haiti, Africa, etc, but we never see them do anything for the people of THIS COUNTRY.

How about it Bruce (obama) Springsteen? How about it Ed Asner? How about it Bon Jovi? How about it Bono? When is the concert for NJ?

October 30, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Alison

If the celebs are always so worried about the victims then they needa take some of that money they never gonna spend in their whole life and share the freakin welth. They always so concerned but never spend a penny to help. Who cares if they concerned. Were all concerned but no one cares bout that cause were not rich. Such a shame.

October 30, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • cactusjack

Alison, I doubt you are so poor that you cannot give something. Don't wait for the fluff crowd to do anything, they nef=ver give their own money.

October 30, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sandy

Sucks

October 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • cactusjack

And blows. Sandy is a good old gal, whatever the request, she gives it her best.....oops, I think that was Sally.

October 30, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meh

She definitely swallowed

October 31, 2012 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  20. Ewafula

Is sandy the wrath of God at that soulless Mormon daring to hoodwink Americans that he can be president?

October 30, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • cactusjack

Probably, that is why it hit the nost conservative area of the country. Wait a minute, the northeast is called liberalville, is it not? I guess it is god pouring out his wrath on the liberal, progressive demoncraps who support that closet muslim whom god hates.

October 30, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Teresa

I am in maryland. Was terrified last night. Thank god i am my husband and i are ok. My heart and prayers go out to the people up north in ny. Con., Nj., pa., And everybody up north and everybody else who was affected by hurricane sandy.

October 30, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Trish

We hope everyone is having a better happier day today. Hope the storm didn't cause ya any harm.

October 30, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  23. kathy

There r some hateful bloggers

October 30, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mammy

Looks like the Yankee liberals got theirs!

October 30, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth

29 known deaths in the U.S. and this is what you have to say.

October 30, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mammy

Uh huh.

October 30, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • iekoop

Your disgusting. Where ever you live, if you are devastated by a natural disaster, won't you feel stupid, disgusted, horrified, appalled and just downright saddened if people say you deserved it!

October 30, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • cactusjack

I hope they were all Obama supporters. My heart goes out for those innocent people, who don't support him, that might have died in this disaster.

October 30, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tanya

Would someone in Hollywood teach that pig of a woman, Lindsey Lohan, some manners. She laughed and called the storm Sally. I'd like to see Sally rip her duck lips off.

October 30, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Repost

Hamsta says:
    October 30, 2012 at 1:41 am

I have some truth for you, my family has lived on the water since 1508, I am a decendent of wine makers from Boudeax France. They had their own fleet of ships and successfully navigated Cape Horn ( the most dangerous place in the ocean ) more than 70 time in the 1500′s. I come from a long line of wine makers, sailors, pirates and naval military. There isn’t much you can tell me about the ocean or it’s storms. Did you know that there is a huge pile of plastic just floating in the Pacific? This storm Sandy is just slightly larger in size than Isaac was. I rode Isaac out as well as Katrina and Gustav. This storm is just a minor inconvenience by Louisiana’s standards.

My Pappy used to sing this song when we went a fishing in our dinghy: Fifteen men on a dead man's chest/Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum/Drink and the devil had done for the rest/Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum./The mate was fixed by the bosun's pike/The bosun brained with a marlinspike/And cookey's throat was marked belike/It had been gripped by fingers ten;/And there they lay, all good dead men/Like break o'day in a boozing ken/Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum…

October 30, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • iekoop

What does this have to do with the article? So you were the stupid one who risked your life and rode out a few hurricanes. That's nothing to be proud of. What does your family history have to do with Sandy? I'm sick of hearing about the Gulf thinking this is nothing or no big deal compared to "their" standards. Doesn't matter what Category # a storm is. It's how destructive it is and this one was destructive to all on the East Coast. My thoughts are with all my family, friends and everyone else on the East and hope life returns to normal sooner rather than later.

October 30, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Clete

Based on your post...it would appear that you have been drinking too much of your families wine production of late.

October 31, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Samuelsinate

End time is near this is the work of God people will get to know the wonders of God....Follow the path of Jesus Christ who died for our sins..

October 30, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |