Overheard: Chelsea Handler wants to focus on off-camera work, gain weight
October 26th, 2012

Overheard: Chelsea Handler wants to focus on off-camera work, gain weight

Chelsea Handler spends a great deal of time in front of the camera, what with her E! talk show, “Chelsea Lately,” her spin-off, “After Lately," and NBC’s short-lived “Are You There, Chelsea?” – which she also wrote and produced.

And then there’s Handler’s foray into film, which continues with the teenage Halloween adventure “Fun Size,” opening in theaters on Friday.

But at the film’s Los Angeles premiere on Thursday, the comedian told CNN she’d like to focus on another aspect of the biz.

“The sooner I can get other people’s shows on the air, the sooner I can not be on camera and then I can gain the 20 pounds that I should probably have on my body.”

Handler also talked about “Chelsea Lately” moving from the small Santa Monica studio, which the show’s called home since its 2007 debut, to the larger Stage 1 at Universal Studios.

“You know it’s been amazing,” She said. “And driving on to Universal Studios and having a parking spot in the front where they are like, ‘Ms. Handler you park here.’ I’m like how the hell did this happen?”

1. infonomics

I liked Chelsea until I learned about her cat juggling. Yeah, that's right, she juggles cats.

November 12, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. cococrispy

Get over it! Who else is as genuine in her communications? She seems to be evolving- LOVE HER!

October 31, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Debbie

while not my favorite, she is making big bucks not being "lady like" as some of you say, I'd say many of you are Coulter fans, long as she doesn't curse the message can be as hate filled and malicious as can be, wow I'd rather hear someone curse, she knows it's all for show. Smart lady

October 29, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Nina

So WHAT!!!!! She curses. You people are ridiculous. Now she is insecure because she says F*&% haha. I dont even know why I am even bothering to post a comment. You people are stupid.

October 29, 2012 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. Tanya

She is just plain nasty.

October 26, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Nance

Cursing is bad. No one likes spotty mouth.

October 26, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • shootmyownfood

No, but we're sure enjoying your coining of a new phrase. "Spotty mouth." Sounds like it could be a strange form of hoof and mouth, or maybe Tourette's. I believe, for future reference, that you probably meant "potty mouth" which refers to use of scatological language.

November 5, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Cora

It's impolite to use foul language. Maybe she was raised in a barn.

October 26, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • shootmyownfood

If she were raised in a barn, wouldn't that make it "fowl" language? ha ha ha – I crack me up!

November 5, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. KLOUDmaker

ISN'T ATTRACTIVE?!?! The hell she ain't. She is a good time, and thats a good time. She seems to have bad taste in men IMHO.

October 26, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Bang

if it makes you hot...then keep doing it.

October 26, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jamie

She cusses, so what... she is rolling in money from her cussing.. CUSS AWAY CHELSEA!

October 26, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

all the way to the bank, while the jealous losers sit and post complaints about it.

October 29, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Emily

I've heard that using curse words is a sign of insecurity. By saing the word it helps the user to feel bigger or more powerful than they actually feel.

October 26, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boo

You shouldn't believe everything you hear....check out George Carlin's "The Seven Words You Can't Say on Television."

October 26, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Michelle

She uses cuss words. That really isn't very lady like or attractive.

October 26, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |