LeAnn Rimes talks treatment on ‘Katie’
October 24th, 2012

LeAnn Rimes talks treatment on ‘Katie’

LeAnn Rimes, after a month in a voluntary treatment program, is heading to Katie Couric.

The country singer will appear on Thursday’s episode of “Katie" to discuss her life and career in the wake of tabloid scrutiny over everything from her former marriage to her battle with anxiety.

“People look at you and go, ‘Why are you struggling?’ … No one can quite understand why you hurt so badly,” Rimes says in a preview clip.

In the past few years, it's been the 30-year-old singer's personal life that's attracted plenty of attention.

Rimes’ relationship with actor Eddie Cibrian is a gossip hotspot, beginning with the pair’s work together on Lifetime’s “Northern Lights” and continuing with their engagement and marriage.

Her announcement in late August that she would seek treatment for anxiety and stress fueled tabloid speculation.

Now, however, Rimes is ready to begin again.

“I feel like I am starting over,” she tells Couric, “even though I've had all these years behind me.”

1. david

another hard hitting news story from Katie Couric

November 1, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. Melody

LeAnn has one of the most amazing voices I have ever heard. It's funny to listen to people criticize her about committing adultery but most of the nation said it was ok for the President to do it (Clinton). We all make mistakes and it's good to see her seeking help and not turn to drugs or alcohol like so many celebrities do. Wishing her well...

October 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. infonomics

As they say, what goes around, comes around. The "comes around" appears to be coming around.

October 28, 2012 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. no-mo-rvw

October 25, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  5. Ralph Heller

Thomas Clauss of Fox Chase Associates was thee worst Genreral Contractor in city.

October 25, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  6. Leon Peris

Mike Lohr taught my son David about numbers.

October 25, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  7. Maybe

she sukks the ding dong well...

October 24, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. SKY

FACT: SPECIAL DOCTORS HYPNOTIZE PEOPLE TO HELP THEM FORGET THEIR GUILT......
    JUST PRAY REPENT AND MOVE ON...REPENT MEANS DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN

October 24, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. gigi

The marriage was broken down already.

October 24, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. we agree

she is not stable.

October 24, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Rita

Why was she treated for anxiety?? Could it be she feels guilty about something??? She had an affair with a married man, broke up a marriage and married her adulterous lover. She got what she wanted so she should be on top of the world. I bet this was a publicity stunt cooked up by that loser husband of hers. Isn't he unemployed since that loser series "Playboy" was cancelled??? The two of them will do anyting to stay relevant.

October 24, 2012 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tech

boyz to men gives her the ammunition and she falls right on her face. not for long.

October 24, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Shay

I'm sorry but I think this whole rehab/lawsuit deal is to promote her new album. Firstly, who does rehab and leaves on the weekend? Secondly, does she really not understand that her constant feeding of the publicity machine is what gives the "haters" the ammunition they need? And one of the first things she does is goes on the Katie Couric Show? Her last album did poorly so she's trying to generate sympathy. Have some dignity!

October 24, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tanya

Treatment for what? She hasn't put out anything new in years and all I have seen this past year is her strutting around in skimpy bikinis. So not a fan.

October 24, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Holly

I pray every day that LeAnn is doing well and that she is able to shake the dust from her feet (Matthew 10:14) when dealing with those who do nothing but put down her every move. (bowing my head).

God bless you and her always!

Holly in East Tennessee (a day one fan of LeAnn)

October 24, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • George

I agree with you 100 percent. I can't stand her. I think her singing sounds like someone stepping on a cat's tail. Plus did someone possibly say she stole someone else's husband or something? I agree with you. I just don't care for her.

October 24, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |