Miley Cyrus brings 'Two and a Half Men' season high ratings
October 19th, 2012

Miley Cyrus brings 'Two and a Half Men' season high ratings

It's been awhile since we last watched Miley Cyrus on the small screen, but the 19-year-old actress looked right at home in her guest appearance on "Two and a Half Men" Thursday night.

Cyrus portrays Missi, the daughter of one of Walden's (Ashton Kutcher) friends who briefly stays with the guys as a house guest.

The former "Hannah Montana" star described her outspoken (and lightly clothed) character as  "in your face and blunt" when talking about the gig on Ryan Seacrest's radio show Thursday. "It's really fun and they've never really had a girl character come on like that," she said.

Cyrus added that she's wanted "to work with Ashton forever, and I couldn’t really take time away to do a movie from my record right now. So, we wanted to work together, then we thought ‘Two and a Half Men’ would be the quick and easy way to do it. It turned out to be something that I loved so much I came back for a second episode."

One critic thought the star brought "sexy back" to the CBS sitcom, while another thought she looked like "a bombshell Tinkerbell." But one thing that isn't subjective is her ability to draw an audience, as "Men's" ratings were at a season high Thursday. The episode was watched by 13.6 million viewers and had a 4.0 rating in the 18-49 adult demographic.

If you missed the episode, check out a few of the clips below - what do you think of Cyrus' performance?

Filed under: Celebrities • Miley Cyrus • television

1. Will.I.Am

Trailer Trash Tinker Belle! LOL, I love it!

October 24, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Problem Now

she is basically a disturbance in her performance...

October 22, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. Tina

It was a decent episode. She basically played herself (talking a mile-a-minute). But it was funny.

October 22, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  4. glad

we talked boo

October 22, 2012 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. valbo

I turned it off soon as I seen her.... If I'd known she was gonna be on I'd have never turned it on....

October 21, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. rocker

i love the way miley is wired , who she is and i love it what a free person and that scares people who are a scared of freemom

October 21, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sokman

In high school I knew a girl who could put a whole beer can in her mouth. She was very popular

October 21, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Miley

talks too much

October 21, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Stan

Isn't she from the Deep South like Honey Boo Boo? I wonder if she has twelve or fifteen fingers on each hand like people do in Georgia?

October 21, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barry Reed

Hey ignorant Stan I wonder if you have a tiny dick like people in the north.

October 21, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • girlygurl

I believe Barry is right about you Stan.... You probably just tickle women to death with that little thing.

October 21, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. code9099

Miley talks too much

October 21, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • tyler L.

Well that just makes her normal.Most young women her age talk a lot,I like it.

October 21, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Yonnis

Miley was so funny on Two And A Half Men she sounded like Hony Boo Boo.

October 21, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Midge

i do need my charlie sheen fix...hope to see him on television soon.

October 21, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. whatever

Miley does not work it that well.

October 21, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Duffy

Miley is so freaking beautiful and I just love her,she's funny and sweet.

October 21, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. WhaleWatch

Miley talks too much.

October 21, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Hudson

cero's receives a phone text from a password named "hudson"- 1:39pm July 21 2012

In the file.

October 21, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Miley

is highly regarded in the industry and people will always be behind her.

October 21, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  18. Cat

When she talks it scares my children. They think she is Ike from SouthPark.

October 21, 2012 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  19. Charlie

I bet she could fit a softball in it if she wanted. Or two Big Macs plus fries.

I heard people down south all have big giant mouths like that. Years ago there wasn't lots of food in the south. They used their big mouths to store food for the winter. Kind of like chipmunks.

October 21, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  20. Ted

I agree. Strangest looking mouth in the planet. Almost deformed. Maybe it was a birth defect.

October 21, 2012 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Charlie

It's a natural thing for storing food. All people down south have huge mouth holes.

October 21, 2012 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  21. Pedro Gonez

Queen of the trailer park. Plus has a tar ded looking mouth.

October 21, 2012 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  22. Paul

She has the oddest looking mouth on the planet. Is she an alien or part hippopotamus?

October 21, 2012 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  23. Big Mack

Daaamn,I'd do her in a Burger King bathroom,this chick looks hot as h*ll with that short blond hair.

October 21, 2012 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  24. Granny Kat

I still cant get over that bottle blonde hair..does not look good on Miley! The short hair is bad enuf the color is over the top!

October 21, 2012 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
  25. Sokman

I'll say it anyway... I'd be on her like a fat kid on a cupcake.

October 20, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  26. flychick86

She was great!

October 20, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Cyrus123

IMT IMT...i like this kid...she's ok

October 20, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. LucyLou

I thought she did a great job. It was one the funniest shows in a long time

October 20, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Sokman

Do I even have to say it?

October 20, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Red

I thought Miley was GREAT!! I like 2 1/2 men but she mad it so much funnier!!!

October 20, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. John1

She was actually hilarious. I hope she would become a regular on the show, it was getting boring until she showed up.

October 20, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  32. stan

I think Miley did a fine job,never watched her before but she MADE the show. Will we hate on all little girls with good job and talent,or is it personal? How sad.

October 20, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  33. MileyTown

Miley is an adorable child and mentions to everyone in her town the good and the bad.

October 20, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  34. Miley

awsome young lady..the young teens still love her!

October 20, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  35. Take a Crap

on a hacker–we do

October 20, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  36. Jeff

I can hardly even look at her. Her mouth just seems too large for her face. When she talks I'm afraid the top part of her face/head might fall off. It's like her mouth goes all the way around her head.

October 20, 2012 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Mik9e

I love the amount of people that has their head up their ass, talking about someone's mouth being too big.

October 20, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
    • BG

Hannah Montana looks great,I would love her big mouth to be around my head.

October 20, 2012 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  37. Abraham

I think she has the funniest looking huge mouth in the whole world. It looks abnormally large to me.

October 20, 2012 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  38. Geoff

Except for the freakishly cropped bleached hair, the smoking, and the tattoos, Miley Cyrus is a very attractive young woman. I hate it when girls who are exceptionally cute do their best to try to look scary. Penguins don't do that.

October 20, 2012 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  39. Sarah Michele

Please don't ever bring Charlie back. The man is a real life pig and many people would not watch if you brought him back, it would just show bad taste. Ashton is not supposed to be Charlie and he is doing a good job, considering no one would ever replace the previous character. I flipped past it the other night, but couldn't handle Miley's voice – she looks like a teenager with man-cougars after her – sickening.... and I think she kind of looks like a man with that hair, but if she likes it – good for her.

October 20, 2012 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
    • janiselayne

I agree with thecat61. It's called acting people, and she did a great job. She made the show. I loved it and I don't usually watch it.

October 20, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  40. George

How are the ratings so high when everyone wants Charlie back? If they didnt make Aston so goofy and gullable to John C. it wouldnt be so bad...the maid was funner then John C. Miley would make it more exciting.

October 20, 2012 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Charleyfan310

I thought Miley added something to a really bad mix since the demise of Charley Harper and several other cast members. Ashton I hear is making really big bucks for his roll. I guess CBS has money to waste. Ashton is no Charley. Ashton is no different than playing Michael on the 70s show becasue thats the only game he's got. Although Miley added something, it was like watching Gomer Pyle.....I'm not feeling it!

October 20, 2012 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
    • janiselayne

I agree with George. The maid is funnier than John C. She deserves more credit than she gets.

October 20, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  41. george

I thought Miley was great....I would watch it if she came back...the show has been quite booring with John being such a huge moocher...how many ways can you make him a looser....he needs to go and bring Miley and the maid as the new show.

October 20, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  42. Ken Hoefer

Am I the only honest american male in the country. This episode made me want to yank her clothes off with my teeth, tie her down & make her see GOD non-stop for a week. Miley has the best legs in hollyweird.

October 20, 2012 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  43. Brandon

The new 'Men' sucks. I love Ashton but he just doesn't take the place of Charlie Sheen. But Miley's appearance was amazing. I just hated the accent. I'm a die-hard Cyrus fan so I love it anyways, haha. But my mother and I both agree that she should become a series regular(:

October 20, 2012 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  44. jankinley

... Miley was the best part of the show. And, bring back Charlie!

October 19, 2012 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kimbly

Charlie is in jail. They say he die on the show so to put it back it will be weird and also difficult because he was put to jail. Just saying

October 20, 2012 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  45. Jeff

I don't watch 2 1/2 men much except in reruns but i turned this on for some reason not knowing she was guest staring and she was a blast... I thought Miley was a breath of fresh air for the show. I never watched Montana so I never really saw her act but her character was funny... I see a reprisal down the road...

October 19, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  46. BIZNESS

I'd do her...She is of age...And as maturity sets in, so will her beauty...LOL ok ok...I'd eat her for breakfast, lunch and dinner...Thank god she doesn't look like Billy LOL

October 19, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  47. CommonSense

She is not a good actor, and I find her voice annoying. Good thing for her she's smokin' hot...

October 19, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Dude

Miley looks like a young Gwen Stefani,only s@xier,I want her to sit on my face all night.

October 19, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Chip Douglas

Im sure the real Charlie Harper, has already bagged her a couple times.

October 19, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  50. mm

She was about as annoying as a heard of mosquitoes swarming over your head as you're trying to sleep.

October 19, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  51. lady

that was pretty funny. i don't really know how appropriate it was to talk about her boobs like that when shes a role model to so many young girls. especially with the way young girls are today. lol
    but good episode. very funny.

October 19, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Steve

I think it's pretty funny that some people are complaining on Miley's attire, but not one peep that Ashton is completely shirtless in the picture. Derp Derp

October 19, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Steve D

Nice job Miley!

October 19, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  54. sunny

I loved Miley in the show and thought her hair cut was darling on HER. Wouldn't do me any justice lol

October 19, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Kelly

Best episode since Charlie Sheen left the show. Miley was excellent, funny, quick, and totally believable, hope they bring the character back! Who care's about her hair, she is young and it grows back, the time to experiment with your looks is when your young, and she looks great!

October 19, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cathy

I agree. Miley is a natural. I've always thought that since she was Hannah. She's another "young" Lucy Ball. Keep her on TV. We need her acting.

October 19, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  56. i love

this haircut...its very modern looking and trendy. Miley looks fantastic.

October 19, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Max Thomas

For the love of god people quit hating I swear y'all just love to hate on celebrities you all are just jealous because y'all wish y'all were them.

October 19, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  58. shawn

Her hair cut is pathetic. Her hair is not even slightly attractive, and I do not know one guy who is attracted to her new style. It's funny how a couple of years ago she was saying that she knows exactly who she is. Sorry Miley, but drastically changing yourself and your look is an act of pure desperation of someone who doesn't know who they are.

October 19, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

Count me as one who likes it. Quit hating and move on. That girl is cute and will only get better looking as she gets older. People just love to hate and complain today. Did you notice the part about the highest ratings? Somebody must like her.

October 19, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brandon

No one ever knows exactly who they are. She was obviously a different person two years ago. People change. How is she supposed to find out who they are if they don't experiment and try new things?

October 20, 2012 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Lor.

I AGREE WITH YOU!! Miley has gone too far with everything! The smoking, the hair, she is not cool! She needs God in her life and only GOD can change her.(At this point, save her).

October 20, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Pick it up

she looks awsome with that haircut

October 19, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  60. JulesD

I have honestly lost interest in this show but made it a point to watch last night. I seriously thought Miley did an awesome job! Her character, Missi, and Jake were the best part of the show.

October 19, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Maddie

The show has lost "it". Seems so contrived. poorly acted and predictable.

October 19, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Lidia

Excellent performance.
    Congratulations , Cyrus !!!!

October 19, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Lonnie

Her character was so obnoxious that you just wanted to smack her, but she was endearing and had that young girl sweetness. She did walk around in not a lot of clothes and she has a cute body. The hair though is so strange. It makes her ears and mouth look huge. I thought Jake was the best part of that episode.

October 19, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  64. rkh

she actually did a good job,the girl has better acting skills then i thought she did

October 19, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Abraham

In my day only ho-ochie mamas would show themselves in public looking like that.

October 19, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Cora

All I have to say is that little missy needs to cover her bare self! Doesn't she have any modesty? Young ladies today seem to have no manners at all.

October 19, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • WelcomeTo2012

Wait, you're kidding right? She was fully clothed in both clips.

And I don't know what happens in the episode, but it's called playing a character. "Acting". You know that thing she's getting paid millions to do?

October 19, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • thecat61

OMG!!!!!! Miley was awsome. Hey Cora, it's called acting. This is what they do for a living.

October 19, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  67. portalpunk

I'm not too sure. I don't ever watch this show. Never have watched a whole episode of it.

btw – I'm firsty.