October 16th, 2012

New face, new risks on 'DWTS: All-Stars'

"Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars" looked a little different last night.

For one, Paula Abdul joined the judges' table as a guest judge, meaning the nine remaining couples had four judges to impress.  Not only that, but all of the teams performed a dance style chosen by one of their opponents, meaning several celebrities and pros had to perform out of their element.

Watch the above video to hear what Paula and six of the couples thought about Monday's competition, and let us know below who you think should be eliminated tonight.

Plus, would you like to see Paula join the "Dancing" judges' table on a permanent basis?

1. Suzy B

I think Val & Kelly are awesome together, very good chemistry. I feel they would make a good couple outside of DWTS, also Mark and Shawn would be a good match also. I think Paula would be good on the show especially with her experience in dancing, etc.Its nice to see a new face on the panel, keeps the others on their toes. I am glad Bristol was eliminated, it should of been the second week.

October 21, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Richard Gagne

I have no idea why Dancing with the stars had to add Paula to the program, she is a flunky and serves no purpose in this program. Matter of fact why did you even think you would need a fourth judge, just a stupid move..But I'm sure it will fix itself later down the road!!

October 16, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Amy Pulse

Paula looks amazing for her age, her body is still in dancing form, her hair is absolutely georgous.

October 16, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Man

bristol is hot and she can dance in front of me anytime–

October 16, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Pop

For the show to be fair for all the dancers, Bristol needs to be eliminated. She is not a "star" and should not have been on the All Star Show to begin with. She is not in the same league as the other dancers that are remaining and the ones that have already been voted off. I am not watching it anymore and won't until someone comes up with a fair way to vote on the dancers. They work their butts off and then are eliminated by someone that can not even move her legs, hips, etc. What a joke???

October 16, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. YaYa

I will not watch DWTS again until Bristol has been eliminated. I have nothing against her but she is a spoiled brat and is not in the league with the other dancers even the ones that have already been eliminated. She should have gone home the second week. She can not dance........period!!!!! She should not been competing and this wud have to be humiliating to the other dancers. Someone needs to come up with another way to vote on the dancers. Obviously the viewers should not be allowed to vote and it should only be the judges. To many people vote on dancers for other reasons other than how they dance. Shud she end up winning this b/c people in Alaska or wherever vote on her for whatever reason (and its not dancing ability) what a joke DWTS will be and the entire season will be a pathetic one. I'm out of here.

October 16, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • pat

i agree she isnt good, never was good, and good riddance to bad dancing.

October 19, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. shelly Walker

Dancing with the Tea Party

October 16, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ben

pau;la abdul not required. DWS is getting old. Watched up till this season, but tired of it. Wish Julianne hough was back.

October 16, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cristy

Please get rid of Bristol Palin!!! She is not a star, and she is the worst dancer ever. It is insulting to the other dancers that are really talented, and very unfair that they are being sent home. Helios never should have been voted off. If she is still on the show after today, DWTH has lost me as a viewer.
    Kelly and Val were hot!

October 16, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. LucyRicardo

That Bollywood dance was hideous. Gilles was made to look like a chimpanzee hopping all over the stage with a stupid look on his face, as was Peta. No wonder the judges gave them 10s. I love Gilles and his dancing but hated this one. Kelly and Val did another fantastic job this week and yes, they were hot. If they are both single, it's their busienss what's going on besides dancing. All the more power to them.

October 16, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • LucyRicardo

Oops. That's business . . . I know how to spell, but obviously cannot type well today.

October 16, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. betty

Val and Kelly, Get a room....it seems more is going on than dancing. Since Val doesn't care about the score I will turn my votes to someone that is really trying to win the mirror ball.

October 16, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. just put it in the file...

thanks

October 16, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. you have who is who right?

October 16, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jillmarie

Paula SHOULD be a permanent judge- she is perfect for the show.

October 16, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • bev

We've got one supposed showman on (getting a bit tiresome) so we def don't need another in Paula Abduhl (sp?)'. Same formula...I want judges who are effective judges...not someone trying to be "the show"...sorry Bruno!!!

October 16, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • pat

as a choreographer and ex judge i think she would be great on occasion to give other judges a break. miss her on Idol and Xfactor

October 19, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lib

Just a note of disappointment regarding Karina's emotional melt down after her dancelastevening. At this point lots of young athletes , musicians and dancers watch DWTS. The pros are supposed to besetting an example for these kids and not having emotional melt downs when they are out of their comfort zone. Sorry for Karina, but sorrier for the bad example she provided for my granddaughters

October 16, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diane

Wow, what an incredibly egocentric POV. That the woman's "meltdown" had anything to do with you or your gr-daus. She was upset with herself & her performance & how it affected her partner. Personally, I wouldn't term it a meltdown & btw, the world is not being arranged for your grandchildren. Sheesh.

October 16, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. sheila

I was torn between who should go first...Pam or Bristol...was so excited the second week...til bristol made it thru, now im just getting more and more disgusted. #DWTS..u really goofed this season. Was hoping Paula would see Bristol as she really is, chilldish, spoiled and cannot move her body at all...no hip action...can't even lift her legs..but she fell right in there with the other judges and gave her a score she didn't derserve. Kirstie's Charleston was awesome, Bristol..please!! send her home judges. THERE'S NO POLITICS IN DANCING!!!

October 16, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dancing Pro

Bristol's style of dance is quite refreshing. She brings raw talent and grace to the stage that is sorely lacking in the other performers. Bristol's dancing is authentic and genuine. Unlike the others whose movements seem forced, Bristol's natural grace and ability bring art to mere dance.

October 16, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim Allen

Total agreement. Bristol is way under the standards for the other dancers. very phony element to an otherwise outstanding show.

October 16, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Twister

I was shocked that the judges scored Bristol higher than Kirsty. Neither of them are natural movers, but at least Kirsty oozed expression and really attacked her dance. Bristol is a wet blanket and looks very out of place. And she whines.
    Nuff said.

October 16, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Giggles

What is with Val and Kelly? Besides the obvious fantastic dancing their seems to be more.

October 16, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diane

Yes, I agree...Val & Kelly were making me uncomfortable last night, So intense & romantically involved with each other. I kept thinking "get a room". Yikes.

October 16, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  19. crystal

I think Bristol should go tonight, I've thought that since day one.

Please get rid of abdul, I can't stand listening to her voice.

October 16, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Denise

Shawn is fantastic, and she didn't do any more tricks than Melissa. She's a great dancer period. Bristol needs to go home, she's not a star and never will be.

October 16, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Inverness55

I love Paula but would rather see her back on Idol or on America's Got Talent. I have given up on Idol and will miss it but I'm not thrilled with the judges.

October 16, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Leigh

Me too. Because of the current group of judges I definitly won't be watching Idol this season. We will miss it but will find something else to watch.

October 16, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • mommy2girls

Me to. Have never missed a seaon of Idol, but this will be the first season that I won't tune in because of the judges.

October 16, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Andree Alexander

I would like to see Paula more often on DWTS. Sometimes we need a fresh perspective from the judges. Last night's performances were again of such a high standard. Bollywood comes to the US and takes it by storm! Gilles Marin shows what a versatile dancer he really is – can do anything. As for Shaun, she is spectacular, but needs to understand that this is not a gymnastic contest – it has to do with dancing – less cartwheels and more real dancing. She's awesom but needs to DANCE!!

October 16, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  23. Zombie Grrrrrl

I absolutely love Paula. She is super funny. To me, she is what made AI good. I stopped watching it when she left.

BTW what do you think of Bristol? I think she is doing good! She has made it much farther than I would have thought.

October 16, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |