'Breakfast at Tiffany's' comes to Broadway with 'Game of Thrones' star
October 10th, 2012

'Breakfast at Tiffany's' comes to Broadway with 'Game of Thrones' star

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" is coming to Broadway, and it'll have a "Game of Thrones" star as its lead.

The New York Times reports that actress Emilia Clarke, better known to "Thrones" fans as Daenerys, has been cast as Holly Golightly in the new adaptation from Tony winner Richard Greenberg.

Sean Mathias, who directed another stage version of "Breakfast at Tiffany's" in London in 2009, will helm this new play based on Truman Capote's 1958 novella.

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" is iconic as a film, but according to the Times, Capote's estate has been working for years to see the story on the stage. There was a musical based on Capote's novella in 1966, but it was scrapped when the producer predicted it wouldn't sell.

Greenberg's "Truman Capote's 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'" will start performances on Broadway in February 2013. He said in a statement that the “goal of this version is to return to the original setting of the novella, which is the New York of the Second World War, as well as to resume its tone — still stylish and romantic, yes, but rougher-edged and more candid than people generally remember."

Filed under: Celebrities • Game of Thrones • theater

1. Comedian Andy

'You say that we've got nothing in common,
    no common ground to start from,
    And we're falling apart.
    You say, the world has come between us,
    our lives have come between us.
    Still I know you just don't care.
    And I said what about breakfast at tiffany's?
    She said I think I remember the film,
    and as I recall I think we both kinda liked it.
    I said well , that's the one thing we've got'

November 4, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  2. Down You Go

PoorNegativeBehaviorToday

Proverbs 1
    King James Version (KJV)

1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;

2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;

4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.

5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

9 For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.

10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

11 If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:

12 Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:

13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:

16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.

17 Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird.

18 And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives.

19 So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.

20 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:

21 She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,

22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:

October 11, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply

October 12, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  3. Down You Go

PoorNegativeBehaviorToday

Proverbs 1
    King James Version (KJV)

1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;

2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;

4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.

10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:

14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:

15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:

16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.

17 Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird.

20 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:

October 11, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply

October 12, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mike H

oh man I love her in GoT

October 11, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Blue

Does that mean she's off Game of Thrones? Bit missing from that news, eh?

October 11, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mathew Brodericks

is back on broadway..the show is suppose to be hysterical–typical ferris bueler style..lol....

October 11, 2012 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  7. StudyBreak

I will head to Broadway to see it...it should be a decent remake

October 10, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sokman

The movie is a classic, but not sure why. It really isnt that good. If Audrey Hepburn wasnt in it, the movie would have been considered average at best. Its from a time when the movie wasnt as relevant as the people who were in it.

October 10, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. thoseblueboysworkfastfordonna ya know!!!

Spring was never waiting for us till
    it ran one step ahead
    as we followed in the dance.

Between the parted pages
    we were pressed,
    in love's hot, fevered iron
    like a striped pair of pants.

Mac Arthur's Park is melting in the dark
    all the sweet green icing flowing down
    someone left the cake out in the rain
    I don't think that I can take it
    'cause it took so long to bake it
    and I'll never have that recipe again
    Oh, nooo!

I recall the yellow cotton dress
    foaming like a wave
    on the ground beneath your knees
    birds like tender babies in your hands
    and the old men playing
    Chinese checkers
    by the trees

Mac Arthur Park's is melting in the dark
    all the sweet green icing flowing down
    someone left the cake out in the rain
    I don't think that I can take it
    'cause it took so long to bake it
    and I'll never have that recipe again
    Oh, nooo!

There'll be another song for me
    and I will sing it
    there'll be another dream for me
    someone will bring it
    I will drink the wine while it is warn
    and never let you catch me
    looking at the sun, oh yeah
    and after all the loves of my life
    after all loves in my life
    you'll be the one

I will take my life into my hands
    and I will use it
    I will win the worship in their eyes
    and I will lose it
    I will have the things that I desire
    and my passion flow
    like rivers through the sky
    oh and after all the loves in my life
    after all the loves in my life
    you'll still be the one
    and I'll ask myself why.

Mac Arthur's Park is melting in the dark
    all the sweet green icing flowing down
    someone left the cake out in the rain
    I don't think that I can take it
    'cause it took so long to bake it
    and I'll never have that recipe again
    Oh, nooo!

Send "MacArthur Park" Ringtone to your Cell

Donna Summer lyrics

Lyrics powered by LyricFind

Copyright: Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

October 10, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Men In Blue Are Fast and Hungrey grrrrrr.

Add parallelPsalm 23
    King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
    Psalm 23 (King James Version)

October 3, 2012 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply

hi.

DAn

Psalm 23 (King James Version)
    -Amuzgo de Guerrero (AMU)- Amuzgo de Guerrero -العربية (AR)- Arabic Bible: Easy-to-Read Version Arabic Life Application Bible -Awadhi (AWA)- Awadhi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Български (BG)- 1940 Bulgarian Bible Bulgarian Bible Bulgarian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version Bulgarian Protestant Bible -Chinanteco de Comaltepec (CCO)- Chinanteco de Comaltepec -ᏣᎳᎩ ᎦᏬᏂᎯᏍ (CHR)- Cherokee New Testament -Cakchiquel Occidental (CKW)- Cakchiquel Occidental -Čeština (CS)- Bible 21 Slovo na cestu -Dansk (DA)- Bibelen på hverdagsdansk Dette er Biblen på dansk -Deutsch (DE)- Hoffnung für Alle Luther Bibel 1545 Neue Genfer Übersetzung Schlachter 1951 Schlachter 2000 -English (EN)- 21st Century King James Version American Standard Version Amplified Bible Common English Bible Complete Jewish Bible Contemporary English Version Darby Translation Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition Easy-to-Read Version English Standard Version English Standard Version Anglicised GOD’S WORD Translation Good News Translation Holman Christian Standard Bible J.B. Phillips New Testament King James Version Lexham English Bible The Message Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament New American Standard Bible New Century Version New International Reader's Version New International Version New International Version 1984 New International Version – UK New King James Version New Life Version New Living Translation Orthodox Jewish Bible Today's New International Version Worldwide English (New Testament) Wycliffe Bible Young's Literal Translation -Español (ES)- La Biblia de las Américas Castilian Dios Habla Hoy Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana de Hoy Nueva Traducción Viviente Nueva Versión Internacional Nueva Versión Internacional (Castilian) Palabra de Dios para Todos La Palabra (España) La Palabra (Hispanoamérica) Reina Valera Contemporánea Reina-Valera 1960 Reina-Valera 1995 Reina-Valera Antigua Traducción en lenguaje actual -Français (FR)- La Bible du Semeur Louis Segond Nouvelle Edition de Genève – NEG1979 Segond 21 -Κοινη (GRC)- 1550 Stephanus New Testament 1881 Westcott-Hort New Testament 1894 Scrivener New Testament SBL Greek New Testament -עיברית (HE)- Habrit Hakhadasha/Haderekh The Westminster Leningrad Codex -हिन्दी (HI)- Hindi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Hrvatski (HR)- Croatian Bible -Kreyòl ayisyen (HT)- Haitian Creole Version -Magyar (HU)- Hungarian Károli Hungarian Bible: Easy-to-Read Version Hungarian New Translation -Hawai‘i Pidgin (HWC)- Hawai‘i Pidgin -Íslenska (IS)- Icelandic Bible -Italiano (IT)- Conferenza Episcopale Italiana La Nuova Diodati La Parola è Vita Nuova Riveduta 1994 Nuova Riveduta 2006 -Jacalteco, Oriental (JAC)- Jacalteco, Oriental -Kekchi (KEK)- Kekchi -Latina (LA)- Biblia Sacra Vulgata -Māori (MI)- Maori Bible -Македонски (MK)- Macedonian New Testament -मराठी (MR)- Marathi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Mam, Central (MVC)- Mam, Central -Mam, Todos Santos (MVJ)- Mam de Todos Santos Chuchumatán -Plautdietsch (NDS)- Reimer 2001 -नेपाली (NE)- Nepali Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Náhuatl de Guerrero (NGU)- Náhuatl de Guerrero -Nederlands (NL)- Het Boek -Norsk (NO)- Det Norsk Bibelselskap 1930 En Levende Bok -ଓଡ଼ିଆ (OR)- Oriya Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (PA)- Punjabi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Polski (PL)- Nowe Przymierze Słowo Życia -Português (PT)- João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada Nova Versão Internacional O Livro Portuguese New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -Quiché, Centro Occidenta (QUT)- Quiché, Centro Occidental -Română (RO)- Cornilescu Nouă Traducere În Limba Română Romanian -Русский (RU)- Russian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version Russian Synodal Version Slovo Zhizny -Slovenčina (SK)- Nádej pre kazdého -Somali (SO)- Somali Bible -Shqip (SQ)- Albanian Bible -Српски (SR)- Serbian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -Svenska (SV)- Levande Bibeln Svenska 1917 Svenska Folkbibeln -Kiswahili (SW)- Swahili New Testament -தமிழ் (TA)- Tamil Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -ภาษาไทย (TH)- Thai New Contemporary Bible Thai New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -Tagalog (TL)- Ang Salita ng Diyos -Twi (TWI)- Nkwa Asem -Українська (UK)- Ukrainian Bible Ukrainian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -اردو (UR)- Urdu Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Uspanteco (USP)- Uspanteco -Tiêng Viêt (VI)- 1934 Vietnamese Bible Bản Dịch 2011 Vietnamese Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -汉语 (ZH)- Chinese Contemporary Bible Chinese New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version Chinese Standard Bible (Simplified) Chinese Standard Bible (Traditional) Chinese Union Version (Simplified) Chinese Union Version (Traditional) Chinese Union Version Modern Punctuation (Simplified) Chinese Union Version Modern Punctuation (Traditional)Page OptionsShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailParallel viewing is sponsored by Common English Bible. To choose a different translation, use the dropdown menu below.Show resources Show Commentary
    Add parallelPsalm 23
    King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

October 9, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply

double putz–down

October 9, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply

October 10, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply

all this hard work...bye

Version)
    Add parallelPsalm 23
    King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psalm 23 (King James Version)

October 3, 2012 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply

hi.

DAn

Psalm 23 (King James Version)
    Add parallelPsalm 23
    King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

October 10, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply

all this hard work...bye

de Comaltepec -ᏣᎳᎩ ᎦᏬᏂᎯᏍ (CHR)- Cherokee New Testament -Cakchiquel Occidental (CKW)- Cakchiquel Occidental -Čeština (CS)- Bible 21 Slovo na cestu -Dansk (DA)- Bibelen på hverdagsdansk Dette er Biblen på dansk -Deutsch (DE)- Hoffnung für Alle Luther Bibel 1545 Neue Genfer Übersetzung Schlachter 1951 Schlachter 2000 -English (EN)- 21st Century King James Version American Standard Version Amplified Bible Common English Bible Complete Jewish Bible Contemporary English Version Darby Translation Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition Easy-to-Read Version English Standard Version English Standard Version Anglicised GOD’S WORD Translation Good News Translation Holman Christian Standard Bible J.B. Phillips New Testament King James Version Lexham English Bible The Message Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament New American Standard Bible New Century Version New International Reader's Version New International Version New International Version 1984 New International Version – UK New King James Version New Life Version New Living Translation Orthodox Jewish Bible Today's New International Version Worldwide English (New Testament) Wycliffe Bible Young's Literal Translation -Español (ES)- La Biblia de las Américas Castilian Dios Habla Hoy Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana de Hoy Nueva Traducción Viviente Nueva Versión Internacional Nueva Versión Internacional (Castilian) Palabra de Dios para Todos La Palabra (España) La Palabra (Hispanoamérica) Reina Valera Contemporánea Reina-Valera 1960 Reina-Valera 1995 Reina-Valera Antigua Traducción en lenguaje actual -Français (FR)- La Bible du Semeur Louis Segond Nouvelle Edition de Genève – NEG1979 Segond 21 -Κοινη (GRC)- 1550 Stephanus New Testament 1881 Westcott-Hort New Testament 1894 Scrivener New Testament SBL Greek New Testament -עיברית (HE)- Habrit Hakhadasha/Haderekh The Westminster Leningrad Codex -हिन्दी (HI)- Hindi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Hrvatski (HR)- Croatian Bible -Kreyòl ayisyen (HT)- Haitian Creole Version -Magyar (HU)- Hungarian Károli Hungarian Bible: Easy-to-Read Version Hungarian New Translation -Hawai‘i Pidgin (HWC)- Hawai‘i Pidgin -Íslenska (IS)- Icelandic Bible -Italiano (IT)- Conferenza Episcopale Italiana La Nuova Diodati La Parola è Vita Nuova Riveduta 1994 Nuova Riveduta 2006 -Jacalteco, Oriental (JAC)- Jacalteco, Oriental -Kekchi (KEK)- Kekchi -Latina (LA)- Biblia Sacra Vulgata -Māori (MI)- Maori Bible -Македонски (MK)- Macedonian New Testament -मराठी (MR)- Marathi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Mam, Central (MVC)- Mam, Central -Mam, Todos Santos (MVJ)- Mam de Todos Santos Chuchumatán -Plautdietsch (NDS)- Reimer 2001 -नेपाली (NE)- Nepali Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Náhuatl de Guerrero (NGU)- Náhuatl de Guerrero -Nederlands (NL)- Het Boek -Norsk (NO)- Det Norsk Bibelselskap 1930 En Levende Bok -ଓଡ଼ିଆ (OR)- Oriya Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (PA)- Punjabi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Polski (PL)- Nowe Przymierze Słowo Życia -Português (PT)- João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada Nova Versão Internacional O Livro Portuguese New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -Quiché, Centro Occidenta (QUT)- Quiché, Centro Occidental –

October 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply

Great Job

NY

NY's Finest Salute You

October 10, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Leon Peris

We think Romney should win.

October 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Gabriel Berk

We are proud of Romney

October 10, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Margaret

definately heading to broadway for this

October 10, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Para, NJ

your not good girlfriend.... remember that...

October 10, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Observer

Lets hope they find a very sedate cat who will not be scared of being on stage.

October 10, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |