October 5th, 2012

Adele's 'Skyfall' theme: What's the verdict?

Just in time for International Bond Day, Adele's theme for "Skyfall" has made its debut (albeit via an initial leak, but here we are).

With vocals from Adele, we were confident that this would, at the very least, be listenable - and we're happy to hear that we were right.

The Brit songstress, who wrote the song with producer Paul Epworth, admitted in a statement to the BBC that she was "a little hesitant at first to be involved," thanks to the "instant pressure and spotlight [that comes with] a Bond song."

"But I fell in love with the script and Paul [Epworth] had some great ideas for the track and it ended up being a bit of a no-brainer to do it in the end," she said.

So how did "Skyfall," recorded at London's Abbey Road studios with a 77-piece orchestra, hold up for critics?

The Los Angeles Times found that Adele's Bond song lands "somewhere in the middle" of past themes, the better of which were memorably filled with attitude while the forgettable ones "took themselves too seriously."

Initial listens show "Skyfall" to be neither the best nor the worst, "but Adele fans should be pleased," the LAT says. "This song has far more to recommend it than not."

People magazine agrees, saying that it's unsurprising "Adele's take on James Bond doesn't sound half bad at all. ... Some are comparing Adele's singing style on the new Bond song to that of Dame Shirley Bassey, who recorded the 'Goldfinger' and 'Diamonds Are Forever' themes."

The Wall Street Journal observed that "Skyfall" "has sweep and drama, [with] orchestral support [that]  gives it a classical timelessness that sets it apart from typical pop songs. Because it is a theme for a Bond film, after all, the song is also shot through with the threat of violence and death."

Over at E!, Adele's Bond theme sounded like "a cross, and a good one at that, between the 1971 Bassey classic and a more-focused version of Garbage's 'The World Is Not Enough.'"

Take a listen to "Skyfall" above - what's your verdict?

Filed under: Adele • Celebrities • Music

1. JC

I would have preferred it was sung by someone else!

January 26, 2013 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. susan tung

hot fun laughing stuff...

December 12, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bon de reduction la redoute

The place where may perhaps be romantic relationship whilst not true love, are going to be true love whilst not romantic relationship.
    bon de reduction la redoute http://www.laredoutecode.fr/

December 12, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ame

I really wanted to like it. I like her voice, I like the instrumentals, but I didn't like the words. Phrases seemed text book ... like I could've guessed what she would say next (even if I hadn't read it).

November 3, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • just a free artist

To Error808

With all due respect. Training and degrees – truly impressive. But....
      One can have million degrees and years of training and at the same time fail to deliver a single trace of genuine and pure emotion while singing. And sometimes just amateur untrained but "felt" singing can bring such a joy to the ears and make people just keep listening on and on. And what's more important: how many artists can both sing and compose amazing songs?
      With the training you can catch up on the way. Once you get to the top you can have all the money and time for the vocal coaches and improving the breathing in order to maintain the voice in best condition.
      I myself feel that something is lacking in the production side of the song. But my greatest respect lies with Adele. Without having to prove anything she already proved it all, she´s a great voice, great talent, she´s a legend. Anything else is just too small, all the judging and bitter comments. It shouldn´t even stick to her.
      Yes there will be many others, new artists and new songs. But Adele is Adele.

November 18, 2012 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. osito north face

Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips and hints for newbie blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.
    osito north face http://customteamhockeyjerseysb.blogspot.com/2012/10/north-face-osito-jacket-black-sabbath.html

November 1, 2012 at 4:11 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jason

Very bad. I have no idea what the hell she is singing about. These singers are so average today I don;t know how you can compare any of the entertainers today with the ones of yesterday. So average and so bland.

October 31, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mandy

I don't like it, there is something missing in the theme, if you watch the trailer, there is going to be alot of actions, and suspense. The song should reflect that...........and it doesn't. I love Adele, but this one, didn't work for me.

October 13, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. you dont need to know

i I think the songs awesome i heard it already on the radio, and before i even knew that it was for a bond movie i could have guessed, from the beat ;) awesome work oh and all you a**holes out there dissing can go rot in a hole somewhere, you have not right to judge others before you fix yourself first.. just some friendly advice :)

October 10, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jerryflo

Does anybody remember Gladys Knight's "License To Kill"? Her best solo recording. Powerful recording.

October 10, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  10. Ty

I feel like skyfall by Adele just wasn't exciting enough. Good for a classic bond but not for Craig. No where's near as good as "you know my name". We have to move forward in time not back. This has a magical feel but watching Casino Royale and listening to Cornell's you know my name, I remember how pumped up the song got me to see the movie and how nothing can really compare

October 9, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Ami

Love it...can't wait to see it as the opening on Nov 9

October 8, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. 007Fan

I feel it is the best Bond song since the Roger Moore era.

October 8, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mike

It's one of the best Bond themes, instant classic. Just hope the movie's as good.

October 8, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sam311

She should be the next bond girl. I would love to see Daniel Craig trying his best not to puke during love scenes

October 8, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meg

Charming!! You must be a real hit with the ladies!!! I know, I know..... 1st Amendment and all...... but proof that you were never taught, "If you can't say anything nice..........."

October 8, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. PJ

Her music is fat, too.

October 8, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  16. BermudaBound

I'm sorry, but I'm still laughing over the concept of The Wall Street Journal doing a music review.

October 8, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  17. d4yzer0

She didn't sing this...

October 8, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. jack 3

Good song and vey good singing.

October 8, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. pauleky

Excellent. Love the haters – you just come across as pathetic. You can legitmately not care for an artist, but some of these comments strike me as jealousy, ignorance or something a 12-year-old would say. Probably true of all three in some cases.

October 8, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Rebbeca

not a fan of the song and every song she sings sounds the same....boring

October 8, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  21. JayDayHereAlso

i cannot wait too see this movie...some of these bond movies have been a little ridiculous over the years...but i will see this one.

October 8, 2012 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  22. I agree--

One thing adele can do is deliver and never forget it.

October 8, 2012 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  23. Carl-

you don't have a grammy...good night

October 8, 2012 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Natrldiver

Apparently you have no recollection of her achievements. She tied the record for Grammy Awards. She won every category for which she was nominated (6 in all) at the 2012 Grammy Awards. Do a little research before you make a fool of yourself..

October 8, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunnysout

you are correct, Carl. Adele doesn't have 'a' Grammy, she has 6. Unless you meant that she doesn't have a Grammy as in Grandmother, you should check your facts before posting comments that make you look uninformed. Google it!

October 11, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  24. JayDay

Gar bage!

October 8, 2012 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  25. Carl

Though Adele has the perfect voice for a 007 Theme, this song is poorly written. The arrangement may have 007 orchestral cliches' but it's not strong enough to stand up to something like the Goldfinger classic. I also think Adele could have lived with the track longer and delivered a stronger believable performance as she is known for. I have a Grammy. I know what the hell I'm talking about.

October 8, 2012 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Natrldiver

And she has six to your one. So I guess she is six times better than you.

October 8, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunnysout

I love the Bond movies. Some more than others. To say Adele's version doesn't hold up to others is neither here nor there. I don't expect a lot out of the Bond songs. I think it is okay for them to be a bit 'campy' or cheesy because the Bond movies are, too. I expect them to be that way on some level. I don't think this was her best written work but if she followed some formula that was used from past song, she was right on track. I like it and I love that the Bond songs are presented by popular artist at the time. What did you get a Grammy for, Carl and would we have heard of your work to the point you are a household name?

October 11, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zoe

You are right. At it makes one remmeber 'Diamonds are forever'
      it has a Bond feeling but please don't compare Adele's voice with Shirley Bassey
      Shirley Bassey is 'the Voice'

October 12, 2012 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  26. Joy

The Bond theme music is woven into the background throughout the entirety of the song with Adele's soulful, passionate words and voice adding weight and substance. It really is a beautiful, beautiful song. Congratulations, Adele.

October 7, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lua

She sounds lovely but the lyrics are poorly written. Too much rhyming sounds cheesy. For anyone else I would say the song is fine, but I feel like for Adele this is phoning it in.

October 8, 2012 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  27. sweetie...

people can sing on karoeke machines(like myself) and in front of 300 people(like myself)..i can do both because i have threater experience. do u need to be seranaded?

October 7, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Juan

Adele is a better choice for the bond role...you can't use an embarrassing singer that's going to represent Bond and be the laughing stock of LA.

October 7, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  29. NoStinkerHere

i love when people judge a singer and have never sung a note in their life.....adele..amazing voice, breathing control is better then many female singers, high notes are perfect.

October 7, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bryan

You just judged a singer.

October 7, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • RuEffNkidNme

It's not her voice that's bad, I personally think she has an awesome voice. But the song itself sucks, and I think it's so bad that I can't even believe the studio approved it for the film. There is no depth to the words in this song what so ever, it's about as elementary as it gets, and the delivery sounds as if it's being read off a Karaoke screen. So with that being said.... Voice: FINE Lyrics and delivery: DREADFUL

October 7, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan Hopp

Delivery is very important to me but if your dealing with a casting director who is difficult its not easy to give the delivery
      the casting director expects.

October 7, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Error808

FALSEHOOD! Let's take this apart shall we? The main reason most people judge is because they have some sort of opinion in the matter, and by their own personal expertise in being a listener to music I am pretty sure that they have a valid point in judging the matter. Not all that sing are good judges. Let's also realize that a lot of vocal coaches may not be great singers but can make great singers out of others.

Adele has a good sound and may have good high notes BUT... HER BREATHE SUPPORT IS NOT GOOD. Why do I say so? I am a student who happens to be working on a degree in voice and proper singing techniques. I am also a vocal coach studying under a voice professor. I have been a coach for four years, and have been a student for two.

The reason I can say that her breathing is poor is because she recently had nodules removed from her vocal cords. This happens when a singers fails to use proper breathing. She failed to lower her larynx by taking a yawning breathe therefor causing her pharynx to expand and allowing air to pass through without destroying the pathway. Nodules are callouses that grow from glottal attacks usually done by pop singers. They also come from straining to hit notes. Imagine razor blades of air passing through every single time you sing. After a while you get used to it, and it probably doesn't hurt as much as when you started back when you first began your singing life. John Meyer is also a good example of an artist that this has happened to. So NO, she may have a pretty sound but at a cost. Eventually her voice may leave her if she does not take care of it.

October 9, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • just a free artist

To Error808

With all due respect. Training and degrees – truly impressive. But....
      Yes there will be many others, new artists and new songs. But Adele is Adele.

November 18, 2012 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  30. TanyaRenee

I absolutely love it!!!! Adele is amazing!!!

October 7, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  31. Terry

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Adele you truly rock!!!

October 7, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  32. jesse power

It is a perfect James Bond Theme!! The right song for the introduction of the new film. I hope the movie is as good as the song.

October 7, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  33. RuEffinKidNme

Adele is a very talented singer, there is no doubt about that. But this new song is terrible, it's very cheesy and sounds like she's singing off a teleprompter. But I certainly commend her for taking a chance. Luckily Bond will live on and I'm sure this will be one of the best Bond films ever. Sorry Adele, but it's a stinker!

October 7, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • I agree

I think the song sounds like a Bond song, but I think Adele's vocals suck. She sounds off key & very pitchy. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought that!

October 7, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • how would you know adele is off key

and her range is not good? - are you a singer...

October 7, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |

But, I got ears. She did not do that song justice. Don't have to be a singer to recognize that.

October 7, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yup

I agree

October 12, 2012 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  34. Fantastic

voice and well respected in the industry

October 7, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  35. Salon Ladies

its that time again...facial, hair and makeup ha...2 wks...if you here pls say si!!! LOL

October 7, 2012 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  36. Butt Albany

we just talked about it and that's the truth...

October 7, 2012 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  37. Leech Modify

stfu

October 7, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  38. Adele can sing

you can't–

October 7, 2012 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  39. John

Adele does an excellent job with Skyfall as the latest theme song of a Bond movie. Definitely agree that she has channeled Dame Shirley Bassey's dynamics and unique vocal style (Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, and Moonraker) and I could easily see Dame Shirley doing her own version of Skyfall......and perhaps better. I have one singular criticism on the entire song......when Adele is singing the chorus and gets to the word "tall", she does this note drop that doesnt quite come off right.....and makes it sound clunky. Not sure if it is due to her recent voice issues and the original crescendo was modified to accomodate, or simply was a stylistic choice, but it is the only weak spot in the song in my opinion. Good job Adele and Dame Bassey would be proud!

October 7, 2012 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
    • jay

i agree with you on the last note of the chorus, it doesn't quite come off and would have been better left straight. i also didn't like the use of backing singers who just kept appearing like an annoying echo.

October 10, 2012 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  40. Staff Writer

This is an amazing song....I really love it and its a BOND classic for sure right with Paul McCartney's Live and Let Die...Go Adele

October 7, 2012 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
    • herbert

On the same level with Live And Let Die.....Slow your roll..SERIOUSLY...You must be from England...She's alright..I would rather hear Amy Winehouse or Beth (singer from Portishead)..This song isn't on the same level as Diamond's Are Forever...Somethings just can't be duplicated...

October 7, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  41. Gambi

Bravo.....haunting, alluring & smooth....well done Adele

October 6, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Joy

Adele has done it again!!! Love it!!! Bravo!!!!

October 6, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  43. They walked right into everything we did

–dummie comp, dummie tele–nthng is hre...

October 6, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  44. we're here.....

you realize you have to make a decision soon right?

October 6, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  45. BirthdayWeekend

Round 3 shortly!!!

i told unks reservation was too late...all the kids etc...its too much.. we are now 26.
    apple & pumpk picking next wk. wthr sucks tomrrow.

October 6, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  46. B Edwards

Excellent! Nice to hear her voice, and perfectly suited for the theme. Bravo!

October 6, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Great Talent Comment

doesn't pertain to you....it pertains to someone else.

October 6, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  48. A Great Talent

of which we are proud of, hard working and loyal to everything she does in her life. She has fans everywhere and will always have those fans because she is the real deal and the original deal.

October 6, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  49. joey

found u....see you tonight!!!!!

October 6, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  50. AFan

we hope to hear more and more of her in the future...she is so popular with the fans now.

October 6, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Adele

has sold millions of records already a killer voice and amazing style. i wish her well.

October 6, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  52. F. Ches

i love her and boy can that girl sing...wait until you hear her oh nooooooooooo's

October 6, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Marcus

great talent and will definatly see the new bond.. the girl can sing and everyone jumps right in

October 6, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  54. GWild

Sorry Adele, but you aren't a favorite. As for playing a Bondini theme, very disappointing. You probably should have watched a few Bond films before the attempt.

October 6, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  55. group

can't stand her

October 6, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  56. group

we hate her

October 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Jack Baby Jack Clauss

She is the IT girl!

October 6, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Leon Max Peris

We love her.

October 6, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Not a Glam i presume right...

probably not-

October 6, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Real Boyfriends and Girlfriends...

gee i have money...please please dont' leave me....you do smell

October 6, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Married People

you never bribe anyone...ugh...you smell...

October 6, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Courtney

I LOVE IT!!!! It is the classic Bond sound that was needed. That Alicia Keys and Jack White song was horrible!!! This song has been on repeat for about an hour. I just love it so!! Can't wait for the movie!!!

October 6, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  63. thank you for your responses....

he or she is a loser.....

October 6, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  64. RealMarriedPeople

the married doves i know.....do your bribe your man or woman financially to remain with you?

help me out here....

October 6, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  65. Bribe

How does a person bribe another person to remain with them....happily married women or men out there with self esteem...
    talk to me...

October 6, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  66. Financial Threat

you poor thing how do you do it

October 6, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  67. Mac

As soon as I heard it I knew it was the new James Bond Film Theme song. It's a great tradition to have the best vocalists/bands record the theme song. It's hard to critique a theme song without the movie. The combination is the real art. Can wait to see this on the big screen with movie theatre sound. In a year where films have been mediocre at best its great to anticipate the Bond Thanksgiving present we get every few years. Adele worked up a lyrics that are perfect for a Bond Film, and her delivery is always special. I think this will stand the test of time.

October 6, 2012 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  68. For Your Eyes Only

is one of the worst songs in history

October 6, 2012 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  69. For Your Eyes Only and Live and Let Die

lyrics are great but sheena easton had the worst voice ...she was struggling to hit those notes..i don't understand why they let it go that way...she is not a soprano and she fighting the song all the way. whatever.

i often think of live and let die also, i saw Paul Mc. at one of the stadiums awhile back and he brought the house down with live and let die...its a very hard song to play, if you pay attention specifically to the percussion/drummer in that song it is so hard. i tend to listen to each instrument during in a song to figure out how they arrived to the melody.

October 6, 2012 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  70. Les

It's not up there with the great ones: Goldfinger, For Your Eyes Only, Nobody Does it Better...it's a little draggy and doesn't have the usual zip you expect from a Bond song. That said, Adele has a spectacular voice!

October 6, 2012 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  71. WaitWhat?

Its traditional Bond and she has the voice for it. It will probably fit really well with the movie but I personally don't think it will be a hit outside of that. Can't wait to see the movie.

October 6, 2012 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  72. unavis

I think the song is truly marvelous. No doubt about it, in my opinion, Gorgeous music, gorgeous voice. The melody has some suspense and drama, and epicness if you will, in it. Love it.

October 6, 2012 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  73. Melissa

Great Bond Song, Adele did great as usual!

October 5, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Chip Douglas

Too dam slow and boring for me. Best Bond song ever: "Live and Let Die".

October 5, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Griff

Keep in mind this is a Bond Theme not a POP song. I think the composers, producers, writers and singer did very well in keeping with traditional Bond melody. Not sure if Adele did all of it but lets give credit to those who had a part.

October 5, 2012 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  76. A

great bond song

October 5, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Myth

Definitely a Bond song, but not quite my favorite. A couple years ago I fell in love with Halestorm and always listen to A Familiar Taste of Poison and it sounds SO much like a Bond song they just need to write the next movie for the song, rather than the other way around.

October 5, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • moishe

Hmm. Not my favorite Bond tune. Adele lacks energy.
      It plodded along. Not the sense of danger or intrigue that are the staple of other bond songs.
      Not one of Adele's better efforts.
      I wonder if the producer can take it up-tempo or add a couple of tracks of high horns or some guitar with distortion.

October 5, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Lezzel

BRILLIANT!!!

October 5, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Mi-6

It's Pretty Good and Classy. But Casino Royale's (Chris Cornells- You Know My Name) Is My Favorite Out Of All Of Them... No Question... Adele Is Still An Exceptional Singer With Great Vocals

October 5, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Charles

love her but the song is just okay

October 5, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Zoya

excellent control of her voice, songs are difficult, breathing is perfect during each song. she's know what she is doing on stage. her songs are terrific

October 5, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Diane

LUV IT! LUV IT! LUV IT! In true Bond Theme Song fashion, Adele nails it!

October 5, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Jimmy B

This makes me want to watch Skyfall. The song is "Epic" and is a true throwback to classic Bond films. Adele is magic in doing this theme. True Magic!

October 5, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Gus

I was rather hoping they'd do something with Cee-Lo's "Bright Lights Bigger City" song. That would have been much better than this song by Adele, who's other hits I really do like...

October 5, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Sokman

Uninspired, cliche, & booooooring is not one word

October 5, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  86. pwilson

yea..lets all get together and tear her up..someone list all the grammys they have won..someone out there tell us how skinny you are and none of your family or friends would dare to be overweight..how dare her to be content..lets get her as down as possible..i mean surely 35 million people didnt buy her albums right?..some one of you experts get this group together and really let her have it!!!!why in the heck could anyone like her..you who can sing and let us know how many grammys and world wide awards you have won..add your name too..do not be afraid to hide anymore..go! go!..you first!!!!!!get her..attack now !!!!!!

October 5, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Robert M.

Wow. The comments on here. I've never seen so much effort for attention as to go on a website and call Adele "fat" and ugly". Kind of makes me embarrassed to call myself a human. Oh well, I think it's comical. Why? Because here we have Adele singing incredibly with this great song and unfortunately it's being suffocated by these really lame comments by people who have nothing better to then you comment such clever things like "she's fat and ugly".
    In more important news – This song is incredible. End of story.

October 5, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jose Leal

I dont think she's ugly... she just looks to me like John Mayer with a wig.. she's talented, no doubt about it, but I prefer Ellie Goulding who reminds me of Kate Bush, an all time favorite of mine.

October 5, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Jose Leal

My veredict is: uninspired, cliche, boooooring in one word. John Barry, we miss you.

October 5, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Aimee

The song is pretty but NOT much of a Bond song.

October 5, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Ling Cho

Her no wercome at our Chineese Buffett anymore. She eat arr the food. Arr the moo shu pork. Arr the crab rangoons. Arr the sweet an sour chicken. We make no money that night.

October 5, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Shane Williams Sr

Since losing Shirley Bassy, I have wondered if that classic default sound would be lost for James Bond. I no longer need to worry. I can see Adele seamlessly stepping in to take that position while maintaining her own sound. Adele refreshes that sound we have come to know with goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever and Moonraker and makes it her own without despoiling the Bond franchise. I could have just said, "Hell yeah!" and left it at that but then, when we're discussing this subject, there is only one short phrase to describe it.... Bond. James Bond.

October 5, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ugonna Wosu

we didn't "lose" Shirley. She is very much alive and could have been asked to do another single, her voice is stronger than ever and they are fools not to ask her.

October 7, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  92. whalewatch

October 5, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  93. who cares

October 5, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Paul

I would hate for Adele to have a skyfall...isn't that what killed the dinosaurs the last time? That is one fat and ugly woman.

October 5, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • mimi

Someone needs to delete you. You sounded so smart with that comment. Embarrassing display of human being. Oh wait you are not a human being! enough said...

October 5, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • that is true

your not human

October 5, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Renee

And you are one ugly person. I mean inside, although there is a good chance you are on the outside as well. Have a special day

October 5, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ling Cho

She berry berry rarge rike giant meteor. Hurt many poor dinosaur. Cause great destruction and ice age.

October 5, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

You're missing the point. It's not about how she looks. It's about how she sings. She does that well.
      As a photographer, I've focused on many very attractive girls. Some of them had the attention-span of a goldfish,
      others seemed to suffer from separation anxiety because their cellphones were temporarily out of reach, and none of them could sing like Adele. So, don't get too wired up on looks.

October 6, 2012 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Jackson

She has more fans, more talent, and more success than your sorry hater azz could ever hope to have.

Sucks to be you.

October 8, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  95. Dylan

Adele could sing the phone book and make it sound amazing-what a privilage...

October 5, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Hamptons

Its her best work..we like it–pitch, range is perfect

October 5, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Tanya

I don't like it. She does sound similar to the woman who sang "Diamonds are Forever", but not as good. Not her best work.

October 5, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Flat&Bugs

we love adele

October 5, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Don't Pay Attention

she's crying for help

October 5, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  100. McKell in Toronto

I listened to it this morning and felt as if it was an old-school James Bond song.
    I really like it and Adele in general which is surprising as I usually listen to club and dance music.
    Nice work Adele!

October 5, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Sugar Bear

Me an June Bug like that Adele sanger. I hope she'll sang at the next beauty pagent.

October 5, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sugar Bear

June Bug's gonna make us some sketti tonight. It's Friday. We always has sketti an butter on Fridays.

October 5, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • sugar bear?

do you feel people are talking to themselves on this site?

October 5, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marcus

Emily seems jealous or talking to herself.

October 5, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Ricky Lee

I like my women all fat like. It makes em sassy. Red-neck–o-nize baby.

October 5, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  103. i don't like Adele...

she can't sing.

October 5, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  104. dee

Love Adele but the CD "19" was a big disappointment for this fan.

October 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Jessica

Is she kin to the Honey Boo Boo family?

October 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Jessica

When I close my eyes and listen to the song it sounds like a hippo signing in my opinion. Or maybe it sounds like Honey Boo Boos mom.

October 5, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • WaitWhat?

Because you have heard Hippos singing how many times before? At first I thought maybe you dislike Adele because she is chubby, but then I realize you are always hanging with those singin hippos so that cannot be.

October 6, 2012 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  107. Ms. L.

A great addition to the soundtrack. Classic Adele. She's a true talent that will never need an engineer's touch to sound radio ready.

October 5, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Good Defense Petra

thanks for your input

October 5, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Dan

i'm an expert at track also–do you want to get together and talk about it. i can see you. peeka boo

October 5, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Liz

Ah the fabulous and talented Adele has done it again. She is amazing. How sad people comment on her weight and not on the amazing voice and vocal range of this lady. This is my second hearing of this song and at first I thought I preferred her usual raw and unpolished singing, but now on second hearing, I dont mind the grandiose display. It's fitting with the usual format of a bond track – full orchestra behind her – and she can still be heard, beautifully.

October 5, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  111. She looks

more youthful and the makeup is much better–right Emily?

October 5, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Dan

i'll go with the emily man and female .... i'm blast and i can see you...

October 5, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Emily

I wonder how many dozen doughnuts she had for breakfast this morning? MOOOOOO.

October 5, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • petra

i cant believe why ppl are so mean and talk about her weight all the time.i call this bullying.leave her alone and listen to her voice,thats all what matters. and i believe that she did a wonderful job and that this is a typical James Bond song.great Job Adele.i love it and i am sure that many ppl will too. and to all the hater i ll say shut the f...k up. u all dont know nothg about real music....grow up and get a life.....it seems u have nothg else to do than judging ppl. get a job or some.... haters...

October 5, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • johnny

Emily's jealous because she's just as big as Adele but she'll never be famous. She's s big chunkaroo and unlike Adele, doesn't even have a pretty face.

Chug another Big Gulp Emily!

October 5, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Emily

I agree. I also think her caterwauling makes her sound porky.

October 5, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Jamal

I listened to it twice. My verdict is she sure is fat. She seems like a giant hippopotamus cow to me. A giant one.

October 5, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Sybil--

She's lost weight she looks great!

October 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  117. I

Love it.

Oh, FIRST!

October 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  118. not the place

Please
    Go and sell your Bible elsewhere
    God is inside

October 12, 2012 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  119. Jennifer Patterson

Seriously? Why are you commenting about a Bond song with bible nonsense? Go sell crazy somewhere else!

October 12, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |