Dave Grohl says Foo Fighters taking a hiatus
October 2nd, 2012

Dave Grohl says Foo Fighters taking a hiatus

Dave Grohl has taken his last bow ... for now.

The Foo Fighters guitarist and lead singer released a statement thanking fans for their support, and confirming that the band is taking a hiatus after 18 years together.

“Never in my wildest dreams did I think Foo Fighters would make it this far,” Grohl writes. “I never thought we COULD make it this far, to be honest. There were times when I didn't think the band would survive. There were times when I wanted to give up. But... I can't give up this band. And I never will. Because it's not just a band to me. It's my life. It's my family. It's my world.”

He went on to say, “I'm not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that, but it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It's one of the reasons we're still here. Make sense? I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it's good to just... put it back in the garage for a while...”

Grohl hinted at the news on Saturday while playing the Global Citizens Festival in Central Park, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “Without making a big deal out of it, we don't have any shows after this,” he said.

Filed under: Music

1. Robbin Goal

Along with the whole thing which appears to be developing inside this specific area, all your points of view are fairly stimulating. Having said that, I appologize, but I can not subscribe to your entire suggestion, all be it refreshing none the less. It appears to everyone that your commentary are not completely validated and in reality you are generally yourself not fully certain of the argument. In any event I did appreciate reading it. Robbin Goal http://www.robinhoodchina.info

January 31, 2013 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. Nathan

Wish they would stick around, and Nickelback would go on hiatus instead.

October 15, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mick

I heard it's because he had an affair. Anyone else hear that?

October 8, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jess Sayin

Saddest news of the week. Love you Dave! Thanks for the hours of GREAT music.

October 7, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. George Carlin

It's scary how stupid the average person is.

You know what is even scarier?

49% of people are stupider than the average person.

– GC

October 7, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dave?

buh bye.

October 5, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. JeeprGrl

Miss you already FF! Please come back soon! With all the extra work DG does it's likely we'll still hear him but will never be the same until they're back together.

October 4, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bencoates57

I've been calling them Food Fighters all these years.

October 4, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. its59

david...sneak away?

October 4, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bencoates57

No loss there. This is a rhythm-challenged garage band.

October 4, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. hb...

sorry david...you need to go rest ... we'll see you soon k?

October 4, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  12. Steve

I'd rather listen to Nirvana 18 years later...sorry.

October 4, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Negative Creep

i hear that brother. they're no nirvana, and at the beginning they were basically a nirvana rip off band.

October 9, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. palintwit

Repeated studies have shown that there is a greater incidence of child molestation and incest among southern white evangelical christians than in any other group that participated in the study. Living in cramped quarters (such as trailer parks) is one of the main causes of perverted behavior among christians. Those requiring further proof need only to take a casual drive south of the Mason-Dixon Line. The abundance of toothless christian cretins you will see are a direct result of generations of inbreeding. Historians have long theorized that the south lost the civil war because of the many mentally challenged soldiers in the Confederate army, also a result of this inbreeding.
    Oddly enough, many of these christian misfits make their way north or west where they can be found working in gas stations and car washes. And yes, some do end up in Congress on the republican side of the aisle. And some end up in mainstream cinema, appearing in such classics as Deliverance, Smokey and The Bandit and the Dukes of Hazzard.

October 4, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • palintwitisanidiot

Congratulations on turning a discussion of some rock warriors in to a display of political ignorance.

October 4, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. wend28

I saw these guys twice in the last year, most recently at their Rock the Vote show in Charlotte during the DNC (they played for 3.5 hours that night). I've seen many bands over the last 25 years and the Foos have catapulted into my top 3. It's hard to top what they do live. Amazing, amazing live band that rock out some great songs. Hope the hiatus isn't long because I definitely look forward to seeing them again.

October 4, 2012 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  15. Hopper

i hear ya "Bill"

October 4, 2012 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  16. i love

David...

October 4, 2012 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  17. Bill Halford

Saw the Foo Fighters twice this year......Deluna Fest and Jazzfest. I take my hat off to Dave Grohl and the Foos! These guys know how to put on a great show and get everyone in a crowd of 30,000+ to really let go and let the music flow over them for two hours. Aside from the shows, some of the Foo Fighters songs really hit a chord with me in terms of the lyrics in their songs, and then there is the music itself.

If you don't care for the Foo Fighters style of music....fine. If you haven't taken the time to check out a show or really listen to the lyrics and music that goes into their songs....OK. However, I don't get all the Foo-bashing and "good riddance" sentiment I read above. Come on people.....this is basic manners 101......if you don't have anything nice to say, then probably best to not say anything at all.

Despite my initial skepticism when they formed in the mid-90s, the Foo Fighters have earned a place in my top 10 rock bands that really did it for me, and without question have been one of the few bright points in rock music for the past 10 years.

I will miss the Foos, but I respect the fact that we can't all be 25 forever and eventually have to take care of our families, etc. Really glad that I hopped on that plane to Pensacola last weekend and got to see the Foo Fighters do their thing one last time. My hat comes off to the Foo Fighters and I thank them for making the world of music that much better for the past 15 years!!

October 4, 2012 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  18. cinnamondgirl

This is clearly the divine intervention of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Does this mean they'll stop playing Foo Fighters on the radio too? That'd be awesome.

October 4, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
    • bencoates57

They play these guys on the radio?

October 4, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • leedee

So clever, cinnamondgirl. The Foos are great. You can not even spell... Therefore, your opinion hardly matters. They are my favorite band and I have 2 graduate degrees, dearie.

October 9, 2012 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  19. allanhowls

Hiatuses are pretty. Hiatuses are good...

October 4, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  20. Eman

As a musician I gotta say the Foos have been able to produce great music without the obligatory shred lead guitar that is so tiresome. It's a pretty cool band.

October 3, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Ff

There goes my hero

October 3, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  22. JIm

Come perform in Florida first!!!

October 3, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Amanda Peters

he looks tired..he needs a break

October 3, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  24. is football

on tonight?

October 3, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • jeff

If the republicans win there won't be any parties for no one, just executions for your grandparents and your children's puppys and kittens. Get your free Obama phone while they last.

October 3, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  25. dan

jojo u in for tonight?

October 3, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Hot Carl

hey dan wanna get some girls and get laid

October 3, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  27. BD

Wow, a lot of people are really clueless about rock history. Go on trashing DG and the Foos, makes ignorance easier to spot. I'm not suggesting anyone has to like them but have some respect for a guy who is basically rock royalty and who's kept his integrity throughout an amazing and storied carrier......

October 3, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Dan

Meh? wanna hang out?

October 3, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Dan...

jojo wanna meet?

October 3, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  30. it never misses one day of looking stupid does it...

nope never does....its jumpy too.....

October 3, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  31. JoJo

Sara needs some MMA or more Hot Carl cuz she's a Foo for da city...

October 3, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  32. dan

i love s-x

October 3, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Hot Carl

People who like the Foo Fighters are called "Fooshbags".

October 3, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  34. youmisunderstood

I hate to admit it but if they stop fighting Foo, Foo wins.

October 3, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

LOL, thats awesome

October 3, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • April

It is times like these I remember back when there was no one to fight foo. The mean streets of Seattle were teeming with foo and It was so bad a girl couldn't walk around alone. Ever. There five young men finally had enough. They were up in arms against the foo. The first battle was waged a February stars and lasted until the Summer's End. The fighters came out victorious they drove away in that old Winnebago, off to another city to fight the foo one more day.

October 3, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Hot Carl

The "Foos"? Seriously, you people are such d00shes. Any more catch phrases you want to throw around?

October 3, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sarah

And while your on hiatus Dave...get some new gum.

October 3, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Dave

I'm still laughing that some apparently elderly person used the term "jive music" to describe the Foo Fighters. Come back Foo's!

October 3, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Hot Carl

Aaaaaannnd cue the crickets.

October 3, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Meh

Mediocre band with some talent....18 years and like 6 studio albums, not great but better than some. I guess the bank accounts are filled to an acceptable level so rest up and tour with Tom Petty in 5 years just for fun.

October 3, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

I disagree with your assessment. Yes, some of their works are better than others, but one could say the same thing about Beethoven, Mozart, Sinatra the Rolling Stones. Personally, I think their first album (actually, DG's album) was fairly remarkable, and I think Wasting Light is one of the best rock albums I've heard in many years. Sorry you don't appreciate what they did bring to the table.

October 3, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Mr T

I pity da Foo

October 3, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  41. LuvDaFoo's

Great, hardworking band. Enjoy your time off guys. Peace.

October 3, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Ladies

i should be exhausted.. girls out for a drink?k...home..puts sweats on and we'll hang out a bit–

October 3, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Taps

Obama's taxing ole Dave to death! Gotta lay low for a while so us poor people can't get ahead with the tax money!

October 3, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Topaz114

And down goes another great band from the 90s. I hope the break isn't permanent.

October 3, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Marcania

can give him the rest and quiet he needs....he can remain with the band...but he needs quiet time -
    i'm older i know these things....

October 3, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  46. erich2112x

Wasn't a fan until Wasting Light. Easily one of the hardest rocking bands ever.

October 3, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Dammit

Foo Fighters' music is bland and dull to me, so it thrills me to know they won't be making another record right away. With any luck this means Grohl will be sitting behind a drum kit in the near future. Another Vultures record is just about due.

October 3, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Mariah

david needs non stop rest...i know i'm older

October 3, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  49. dan

i'm a spy and they always set me up and catch me...

October 3, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  50. nails

saw them saturday night at the global citizen event in central park..... was not a huge fan, I am now – they are the real deal....they have, as does black keys and neil young, who also performed, passion that is gone today in music!

October 3, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Just sayin'

NOT THE FOO FIGHTERS?!?!?!?

October 3, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Rest David

David needs a break from all the drudge he deals with...not just a regular rest...a real one...i recommend it weekly

October 3, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Schlub

Thank goodness. Hopefully it will be a permenant one.

October 3, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  54. We Feel

new stories will be fresh for david and the band because they are basically a mess

October 3, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  55. BadBand

can't sing, can't play lately at all.

October 3, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Nick

I think it's good for a band to do this every now and then to get new experiences and come back with new stories to sing about.

October 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Dannyboy?

we understand you and your "point"

October 3, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Dan

is giving everyone an example of how to act.

October 3, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  59. dan?

nobody cares...

October 3, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Dan

I always find it interesting to read comments from people who read a story about a band/artist they don't like and then feel the need to comment on it.

If you don't like Foo Fighters why'd you click on the link to read a story about them? Just feel the need to express your negativity?

I'm probably outside the age demographic for Foo Fighters (52), but really like them. I think they are a very strong rock band. Good players, and Grohl is an excellent front man. Does he have the best voice in rock? No (Chris Cornell does). But the dude knows how to rock.

One of the things I always enjoy about Grohl is that even after all this time spent making music he still seems like the biggest fan of rock n roll. Watch him play drums with QOTSA or Them Crooked Vultures. The dude LOVES playing music. And that's pretty infectous.

It'd be too bad if Wasting Light is there last album, but it was a good album to go out on if that's the case. Hopefully they'll all go take a long, well deserved break and come back in 3 years or so strong refreshed and full of new tunes.

October 3, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • perry

Great points. We have way too much negativity solely for the sake of being negative. I miss groups that rock. The Foo Fighters are a bit of a throwback that I'd like to see more of.

October 3, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Why? Because I can, and opinions can be negative too. Go back to monitoring the playground.

October 3, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reality

What Chris means to say is he doesn't have anything better to do with his time.

October 3, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donnie

Dave said it...he never wants to NOT be in this band...they will be back...but man, they all need a break, they are one of the hardest working bands out there. they put out great music constantly, sometimes you need a break to recharge your batteries, do some different things, & get back to it later on.

October 3, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

Well said. I am also probably outside the demographic to be a fan, but I'm a huge fan anyway. The Colour And The Shape is one of my favorite albums. I like almost all of their material, too. Saw them twice, great shows. I'm a drummer, and I think his drum writing is unique and exceptional.

October 3, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  61. FF

who is going to fight the foo????????

October 3, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  62. ilovefoos

I am saddened by the news we may have to wait a while for a new Foo Fighter project, but I am sure it will be worth the wait. Thanks to Dave and Co. for many years of great albums and fantastic live shows!

October 3, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  63. I love my foo fighters...

they are right every single time...

October 3, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  64. i give a fook

lol

October 3, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  65. no foo didn't win...

nobody is here but us...

October 3, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Pliny

I could not give a Fook.

October 3, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  67. dos

rock it Foo

October 3, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Mr. T

I pity the foo that makes me wait too long for a new album.

October 3, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  69. A. Dixon

Good for them. I was a huge Nirvana fan (like many) and at first was very iffy on Dave going off and starting a new band. I remember when they first came on the scene and people were like "What is Foo and how do you fight it?", but they ended up being a really good band. Their stuff has hit some highs and sometimes I'm not impressed, but overall they are a very solid band and Dave really built something sustainable and DIFFERENT from what he came from. He didn't just recycle Nirvana to make a quick buck. These days, I respect any major musician who put's the music before the money.

For those bashing Foo Fighter's....how many of you have been in two very successful bands in one lifetime? No, Foo Fighters are not the greatest band ever, but in a sea of bad remakes, lyrical giberish and just stupid songs from attractive, no talent hacks, I applaude the Foo Fighters and their ability to write decent lyrics, play their instruments and actually care about their fans.

Dave Grohl has been in show business for decades and (as far as I can see) he has yet to turn into a self-indulgent *#@%. Bravo Dave & the Foo Fighters. Thanks for giving us great music...now kick back for a bit :)

October 3, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • moto

Very nicely stated! Will wait as long as it takes for new Foo!

October 3, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pixelvt

Agreed, you nailed it. Not sure I understand the demographics comments above, I am 59, and love this music, always have, always will. Favorite band of all time Rage Against the Machine, but I will tell you, I go back to the Kinks, Supremes, Temptations, Beach Boys, all that, quality music.. FF has been quality... Come on this guy was part of Nirvana, and then did this great Foo Fighters band, who I saw a few years ago with my then 17 or so old son. David plays a mean guitar, plus mean drums, plus two unreal bands in his career, plus he rocks, listen to the cover of Darling Nikki (Prince), if you can get away with that you are good. Hey, lots of bands and artists take a break, Disturbed, one of the best, just did, but I am guessing its in their blood, they will be back, so will David and his band, or a band. As for negativity on the posts, if you do not like something, just go the other way. I do not post on bands or artists (so called) that I can not stand, think Gaga, Justin, please, give me real rock.

October 3, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  70. intelboy

I saw the last concert they did this weekend, televised. I too thought they wouldn't make it this long, glad that I am wrong. Solo projects are a necessary to see other sounds and fields band members can bring too the Foo. Can't wait until the next album, just hope that it isn't 15 years Chinese Democracy. What?! Too soon?

October 3, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  71. bored already

Decent band- last few albums kinda repeated the same songs, but I like Dave's side projects- maybe the band will reinvent itself. Best wishes- get some sleep!

October 3, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  72. frank

Ps good luck dave with all of your future endeavors

October 3, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  73. frank

Well i was a big nirvana fan in the 90s and was happy to see dave make it with another band he is vary talented guy although i am not thier biggest fan i dont knock them they were doing what they loved to do and 18 years sounds like they new what they were doing and to all you justin bieber lovers and haters i have one question for you..... jealous much

October 3, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  74. JR of White Bear Lake

Ther is no one cooler then Dave Grohl and his Foo Fighters.

October 3, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  75. SHAWDOWSOCK13

I never thought they were that good... Sorry I won't miss then.

October 3, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • flipT

I hope they win a Grammy. On a related note, I hope they start giving out Grammys for sucking.

October 3, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • klander24

Actually, FlipT – they have 11 Grammys; won five this year for Wasting Light, alone.

October 3, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  76. angel

Wow...there's a lot of hate in here! good luck to you dave & the rest of the foo. you guys rocked, rolled, and kept it real.

October 3, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  77. crooked vulture--

could release–how many times does 1 have to repeat itself.

October 3, 2012 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  78. Canada: America's Hat

I know Mark Lanegan is with the Afghan Whigs currently, but does this mean we'll see a Them Crooked Vultures release soon?!

October 3, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  79. I think..

if he cut his hair and took away the facial hair..he could actually be attractive.

October 3, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  80. Lover

He's very ok.

October 3, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  81. Keith

I guess they are ok if you like Country Music.

October 3, 2012 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  82. Cleotus

Why do these young people always look like hippies or beatniks? Don't they ever take baths or get haircuts? I think they all just sit around all day at coffee shops while wearing black clothes and listening to jive music.

October 3, 2012 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Okay, the fact that you just used both the terms beatnik and jive music shows you are just simply too dated to have a valid opinion on modern music.

October 3, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Isis

Lol Steve !!!! Hahaha !!!! I love Dave Grohl... Even if he "doesn't speak jive"

October 3, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  83. arceon

Foo Fighters taking a hiatus, and Justin Bieber is still around instead?

Good God. What has happened to music? I fear for our children's future.

October 3, 2012 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  84. david

doesn't have the personality and was getting tired. his voice was out of control.

October 3, 2012 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
  85. tumalaca

why is that? a Nirvana reunion?

October 3, 2012 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
  86. Larry the old singer

Thanks for the music, Dave! I really enjoyed Mick with FF on SNL. Your creative originality has been refreshing. Rest well my friend!

October 3, 2012 at 4:18 am | Report abuse |
  87. bob

wow. He looks a lot like the drummer from Nirvana!

October 3, 2012 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
  88. stuna

Gee, lots of people trashing the FF here. Guess people who don't actually listen to music have nothing to do but trash it. Seen them in large group venues a couple times (Bridge School Benefit) and they rocked. Good band. Would I place them on par with some of the foundations of rock (Stones, The Who...) ? No, but hell, they are better than half the crap coming out now (Gundam Style? I guess everyone gets those 15 minutes.. or seconds...) From what I've seen, none has puked on stage as a result of drinking milk... Dave G toughed it out, had the moment in the sun with Nirvana, had it explode, then built a band from scratch. Give the guy credit, he's good at what he does. It'd be interesting to see him solo with an acoustic guitar on stage, he has talent, more than the comment trolls on this site....

October 3, 2012 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  89. btw

beth weihe works at warner brothers in burbank and is a total d-y-k-e who said Foo wouldn't never last... that ugly b7tch caused this!!

October 3, 2012 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  90. Mucker

No wannabe Vegas dancers flouncing behind them? No lip-synching? No nifty haircuts? No dance mixes? Not judging on one of Simon's talent-less shows? No sing-a-long songs to 12yo girls? How can they possibly be good? Sigh.....

October 3, 2012 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
    • pauleky

Agree, but you're wrong about the dance mixes. Grohl performed with deadmau5 at the Grammys and released remixes of "Rope" around the same time.

Fans of true rock will miss you, Dave – come back soon!

October 3, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Gmo

Does this mean Foo won??

October 3, 2012 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  92. DougLinFl.

Grohl is one of the most talented musicians ever.. and reportedly a really nice guy... period
    Why would you take the time to read the story and post a negative comment if you don't listen to the band.
    Just added seeing FF live to my list of things to do before death.
    See ya later FF!

October 3, 2012 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  93. Sokman

Foo Fighters are horrible. And please Dave, stay away from Queens of the Stoneage

October 3, 2012 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  94. ruth

I am 64 and like the foo fighters....in Warren ,Ohio we have the David Grohl Alley ,it is a tribute to him and his band...the artists who di the painting on the buildings and the largest set of drumsticks is the greatest...we love it when he comes home!

October 2, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  95. I agree...

totally off, drums are off, they just scream their lungs out....their lyrics are good but it doesn't match they style of the way they play–i also agree his singing is way off key...range is not good either....david is really talented..unless he just
    became bored and needed a break.

October 2, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  96. tracie

I thought they were the Poo Fighters. POOOOOP.

October 2, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Jim

They look like a bunch of dirty lice infested flea ridden hippies. And when they sing it just sounds like they are yelling.

October 2, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Amber

I love me some Foo but in the resent years their stuff has been extreamely over played... I think it's time for them to do a little regrouping and come back with something new when the time is right.

October 2, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  99. FistF

FooFighters are off pitch, too loud and not my style

October 2, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • snorpthus

I don't remember what you wrote, because I am drunk. But, I remember it making me annoyed. So, whatever you said, you're dumb, and smell like baby farts.

October 3, 2012 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
    • orphan aneurism

Well then, FistF, you should probably wait until captain and tennille come around to your area.

October 3, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  100. foo fighter

sucks–the band is awful

October 2, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Arbo

Sad news for me, but gl Dave and I hope ff'll be back soon!
    A.

October 2, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Susu

Well, a lot of people like the Foo Fighters and it seems like there is always a current song of theirs on the radio, they are all good–some better than others at first–but it doesn't take but a listen or two to a new song to realize it was just as good as the last one. And, they keep things hopping every song is different. I have never seen them live but have been a FF since the beginning. Glad they will get some time off the road but they will be missed for new material in the meantime. Will be waiting patiently whenever they get ready to come back.

October 2, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Joe

Who cares? They are so really not that good.

October 2, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • thatisepic

Then why comment? You obviously don't listen to their music so why would a band you don't like announcing they won't be making music for a while (that you won't listen to anyway) effect you SO profoundly that it cause you to comment?

October 2, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • snorpthus

thatisepic, your comment reveals an indication of a pea-sized, fudge meatball in between your greasy ears. You probably suck at soft ball toss at carnival. no gigantic stuffed bear or snake for you! -Mitch Baldstein

October 3, 2012 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Foo You

Typical hate filled bieber fan. You more than likely read, more realistically, scanned the article, and realized no one had been injured or worse. Since you failed to get your thrill about someone else's misfortune, you jumped in and trashed talked. Prepubescent or basement dweller? One of them fits your bill.

October 3, 2012 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  104. kloudmaker

FOO FIGHTERS.... saw 3 shows in the last year..... each one better then the last.....seems like they were on tour for two-three years straight and needed a lil R & R.... If you have not seen them, get some tix for their next tour, and you will be glad you did...they put in 100% and rock the house. I saw some kid with a Kurt Cobain shirt on who wasn't alive when Kurt died....where did those 18 years go again?!?!??

October 2, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Right on bro!!! Best rock band in the last 10 years. Right up there with The Police of the 80s.

They need a break!