Adele confirms she's behind 'Skyfall' theme
October 1st, 2012

Adele confirms she's behind 'Skyfall' theme

It looks like Adele is going to be a Bond girl.

The Grammy-winning artist tweeted a picture of what appears to be the cover of the sheet music for “Skyfall,” the theme song for the upcoming James Bond film of the same name.

The page credits the singer, A. Adkins, and Paul Epworth, as P. Epworth, the British music producer who worked with Adele on 2011’s “21.”

The theme song, which is currently available for pre-order on iTunes, will premiere on Adele’s official site on Friday, according to a press release.

Adele follows in the footsteps of Chris Cornell, who recorded “You Know My Name” for 2006’s “Casino Royale,” and Jack White and Alicia Keys, who collaborated on “Another Way to Die” for 2008’s “Quantum of Solace.”

“Skyfall,” which marks Daniel Craig’s third turn as James Bond, also stars Judi Dench and Javier Bardem. The anticipated flick will hit theaters on November 9.

Filed under: Adele • Music

1. Helmut Von schtinkenstein

I would very much like it if she would eat a nice big mean then come over and squeeze out a nice present on my face.

October 29, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. The No Commission Estate Agents

I'll right away grasp your rss as I can't find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please let me recognize in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.

October 14, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. I need to clean mould off records!?I have recently taken records i have had out of storage to discover that some of them have mould on them. Can anyone tell me a good way to clean these without destroying the record or effecting its sound quality. Thanks

It's really a great and useful piece of information. I am happy that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

October 6, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bondgirl

get over here...long over due.

October 2, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Endrid Cold

I was kinda hoping that 'TOOL' would get the nod with "Learn To Swim" as the new Bond theme. I mean, who's more deserving than Maynard, Danny, Adam & Justin to carry on the tradition of hot scores defining the Bond paradigm~?...... What~?.... No~? .... Well, it was just a thought~!

October 2, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  6. james

GREAT CHOICE !

October 2, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. saftgek

Who, or what, is an "Adele?"

October 1, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • mattus1967

If you don't know who Adele is you've been living under a rock for a while now...

October 1, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maybe But

Maybe lives under a rock or maybe has their own life to live and doesn't have time to keep up with such nonsense. I'd rather have a person NOT know who Adele is rather than a person who is shown a picture of current politicians who enact measures that affect ones lives daily and not know who the heck they are! And to make it worse, they can vote!

But good for Adele.

On a side note: Anyone seen the new James Bond Heineken TV commercial? I got a kick out of it.

October 2, 2012 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
    • EON

Adele is the fat one at the top of the page.

October 5, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. mikedenney

Ohhhh...I thought it was gonna be called 'SkyMALL'...now I get it...it's like, Chicken Little stuff...'cept James Bond is the chicken.

October 1, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. hipstergomez

Reblogged this on vinylphishrecords and commented:
    Mr. Bond. You have properly shaken me with this news

October 1, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ianflaming

Karly Simon's Nobody does it better ,Paul McCartney Live and let die, and The Ventures instrumental Version still the best

October 1, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Pleek

Oh hogwarts!
    I was really hoping Jill Janus was going to do the new Skyfall theme song!

October 1, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ima Mused

Yeah, this was announced several weeks ago.......

October 1, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  13. M.E.

She won't ever beat Duran Duran's "View To A Kill." Quintessential Bond tune by the quintessential stylish British band.

October 1, 2012 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. marenson

I love her nails!

October 1, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. BONED

Looks like she needs to hit the treadmill.

October 1, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Anarchrist

What the hell is an "add-eel?" Is that some new form of computer bug?

October 1, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • EON

It is pronounced A-Dell, as in "who makes your computer?" "It is A Dell computer."

October 5, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  17. Marge_268

its adele's show now..it will spread her out much wider in her career.

October 1, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

She's spread out pretty wide as it is. One look from behind gives testiment to that.

October 1, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anarchrist

Uh-huh. Right. Sure. And how many Bond theme performers really got a shot in the arm for their career from their song?

October 1, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • BeadlesAz

Dave – you, on the other hand, are just plain shallow.

October 1, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • russmonster

I absolutely love her music. This actually means I'll spend the money and go see it in the theater as apposed to waiting for it to be rentable. Sometimes I wish the mean people in the world would just take a month off. Who cares about what she looks like. Her voice is the most hitting for me since stevie nics. I hope Adele ignores all the negative crap. I'll be buying her music till she stops recording it.

October 1, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • EON

@ Anarchrist:

Have you ever heard of Shirley Bassey? She is the only artist to sing more than one Bond theme song, three to be precise.

October 5, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  18. Leon Max peris

Hey there.

October 1, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Michael Calaizzo

hello.

October 1, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  20. five finger death punch

She looks like she is fifty and stepped back in time with that hair and makeup. She kinda look like Hillary Clinton.

October 1, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Malcom_121

Pity...Amy Winehouse was supposed to recorded. I've heard demo versions of hers exist but have never been released. The woman had the perfect voice for a 'Bond' film, and posessed a sense of "realness" that I just dont quite find in Adele (though she's good herself). She had her chance though, I guess it's Adele's time now.

October 1, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • JudgeDB

People go on and on about Amy Winehouse, but she really wasn't anything spectacular. Just another eccentric weirdo with some talent who never missed an opportunity to make a stupid mistake.

October 1, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • IndianaGreg

Yea, I was disappointed Amy Winehouse couldn't do it...never did like the song for QOS that they used. I'm hoping Adele does a good job with it.

October 1, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • EON

Amy Wino sucked. She wore too much eye make-up; she looked like a *hore. No one will sound as good as Shirley Bassey.

October 5, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |