Gene Simmons' daughter Sophie auditions for 'X Factor'
September 27th, 2012

Gene Simmons' daughter Sophie auditions for 'X Factor'

Every now and then, one of our endless singing competitions stumbles upon the offspring of a celebrity - and, it would seem, with mixed results.

On "American Idol" last season, Jim Carrey's daughter Jane tried out during "Idol's" San Diego auditions, only to be swiftly eliminated.

And now, on this season of "The X Factor," we're hearing from KISS rocker Gene Simmons' 19-year-old daughter, Sophie.

The hopeful singer appeared on the show Wednesday along with her parents, and explained to judges Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, Demi Lovato and Britney Spears that she'd kept them in the dark about her audition ambitions until the day before.

"They're pretty upset with me," Sophie said. "I just didn't want any help."

And with that she gave a humble rendition of Adele's "Make You Feel My Love," a performance that left L.A. and Demi wanting more but seemed to impress Britney and Simon. (The typically biting judge praised Sophie, saying that he thought she has "a very, very interesting tone," and that he liked that she "took on this song" and made it her own.)

Despite the mixed reviews, Sophie wasn't sent packing.

"I grew up with music, but I didn't want my dad's help with it," she told "The X Factor's" cameras. "It's a big shadow. I really just want to step out from being the daughter of the guy from KISS. I want to be my own person, and hopefully this is a way to show the world who I am."

But does the world want to know this side of Sophie? What did you think of her performance?

Filed under: Celebrities • television • X Factor

1. Sari

Okay, it wasn't perfect, but she DOES have an interesting voice...the kind of voice that could be really great if she grows into it. It's unique and kind if special. No, her performance wasn't showstopping, but she has a LOT of potential. And I don't care whatsoever who her father is. Oh, and I'm a trained opera singer, so I'm not just talking out of my rear end like a lot of you seem to be.

October 14, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mike

Was she great...not really...does it take a big pair of brass balls to get up in front of a crowd that size...hell yes! Before you talk smack about her performance...lets see you get up there and perform. My kid has a great voice and has always had me at her auditions. She has always been given solo parts based on her talent...and it's because she is confident and is brave enough to try...how many of you can say the same.

For those who comment on her bringing her parents...it's clear she has a great relationship with them...especially for a teenager. And the folks making the negative comments are envious of that relationship.

Gene Simmons is not camera shy...but he is ambitious and that is why he is successful.

October 10, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. sw

Adele's "Make You Feel My Love?" Is nobody aware that this song was originally written and recorded by Bob Dylan and has been covered by a slew other artists before Adele?

October 4, 2012 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. NOSOUL2TOSELL

I was not going to comment on this blog until I read the last post by (MARY). I have a question for you to start, how much live music have you been exposed to in your life? We first off can not compare that Sophi with Adele until we have a digitally, dubbed, redubbed, remastered, scrubbed album by both. How many times have you heard Adele without all the back ups, tapings and so forth?....I am pretty sure this is why they have the try outs in the first place. Many people nail it and some do not but this is why they all go to boot camp and learn also. So the next time you compare, use two valid singers who have had their music dubbed and remastered in a studio first before you reduce yourself to name calling of some person you do not even know. You are making a personal assumption and not liking someone because their father is Gene Simmons. Just so you know I do help bands in the studio with eliminating noise,mistakes,voice cracks, etc....North Street Band is one and they can be found on youtube as well.

Now to address the daddy's girl issue. I won a few contests while in school and my father was a big or well known person in our community at the time, but I was always taught that If I want something then go for it regardless. The fact is though even If I did not want to be good because my parent's were, I still love them and would want their support and understanding emotionally or otherwise. It does not matter in the end they are her parent's and what mother or father would not want to be there for their 19 year old child trying out on X-Factor, one of the biggest reality shows around and watched.

That being said I did not watch the show because of work but heard Sophi would be on it, and that brings me to the gimmicks portion of my blabbing. Does no one else see the irony here? The producers seen a chance at better ratings and a rival situation that would blow other shows out the water? Let's see Sophi, daughter of Rock Legend and Promoter, vs. singing instructor and voice teacher with a grudge? All show and many cameras throughout show focused on this? Why simply not other people? Because it is being set up behind cameras from the producer aspect and ratings persona. Reality television at its best I would say.

This show is not only about discovering the next new singing sensation but also to see passed the norm and see potential in people, to guide them in the right direction and use their abilities to go for their dreams, which is more then I can say for us sitting on here blogging about it........As for name calling and degrading other's to get your point through, there is no critical thinking or understanding there.

October 3, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jenny

Wow there are some either jealous or very immature people posting! So what if she brought her dad. The music business is all about who you know anyways so deal with it. At least Sophie went in front of national television and gave it her best shot. If I had a famous dad I would bring him with me too and you all know you would too!

October 3, 2012 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. vartooka

I wanted to love it, but sorry Sophie, it didn't do it for me.

September 30, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Flooby

If she was ANY good, daddy would have exploited her to the max already.

September 30, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. I agree however...

she's confident and doesn't care about other signers..

September 30, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  9. Emily

I've seen Family Jewels a few times and Sophie actually does seem to be a down to earth kid. I like the fact that she did this audition live for everyone to see. She was not the best but I give her a thumbs up. For that other hypocrite with the hat I hope she gets booted early on. I dont think Sophie will make it to the finals because there are better signers but I do wish her the best and that she gets to do her own thing. It cant be easy in life to live in the shadows of a famous parent and kudos to her for trying.

September 30, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. RichardC

I had heard Sophie sing on "Family Jewels" before and thought she was really good. I thought she did a great job with this song and deserved the three "yes".

September 30, 2012 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  11. suit

in order for this to happen you gotta get off the blogs...

September 29, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Margeaux

She has an average voice. What bugs me is that her dad could use all kinds of channels to get her in the business so why take a spot from someone who has no other avenue to get in. She should not have moved on.

September 29, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. gee ...

i hope she makes it...she's not that bad

September 29, 2012 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
  14. HANNAH

DID NOT GET TO FINISH WATCHING THE SHOW. I HAD TO FINISH MY ROUNDS. HOWEVER SOPHIE AT LEAST WAS HUMBLE, GRACIOUS, AND APPRECIATIVE FOR WHAT SHE WAS DOING. I HOPE THAT THE BIG MOUTH GREEN EYED MONSTER IN THE WHITE HAT GOT NO WHERE AND IF SHE GOT THROUGH THIS ROUND I HOPE SHE DOES NOT MAKE IT TO THE NEXT. SHE IS GOSSIPY, RUDE AND JEALOUS. SHE NEEDS SOME CLASSES IN MANNERS. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS SOPHIE

September 29, 2012 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
    • mark

If there is anything that my wife and I despise, it is hypocrisy. First, when Simon was a major part of the production of American Idol, Kiss performed and thus Simon has a major conflict of interest. Second, if Sophie were at all sincere in her statement that she wanted to achieve something on her own, she could have brought friends and even her mother. Instead, she arranged to have her father present so all cameras would be on her big time arrival with her famous rock father dad in tow. Sophie, you insult our intelligence. Your little pre-packaged humble act was so clearly transparent , it made us all want to throw up. You should be ashamed for stealing a spot from a legitimately talented artist in need with no connections or money from having an opportunity which you did not deserve on the merits of your well below average performance. Thoroughly shameful. As far as the panel is concerned, enough KISS-ASS.

September 29, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  15. i heard she was awful...

actually gene simmons when his not screaming his lungs out on his kiss music....one of his favorite songs(true) is we will rock you by queen...everytime he hears the beginning of the song on the radio he goes bonkers...he has a great normal singing voice he should use it more often..

September 28, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  16. i heard she was awful...

actually gene simmons when his not screaming his lungs out on his kiss music....one of his favorite songs(true) is we will rock you by queen...everytime the beginning of the song comes he goes bonkers...he has a great normal singing voice
    he should use it more often..

September 28, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Sophie was OK... not a great singer...

She was accepted in the show b ecause of the father;s name and fame. Sophie has an Ok voice.

September 28, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  18. gene simmons...

is still hot isn't he?

September 28, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • dan--

Psalm 23 (King James Version)
      -Amuzgo de Guerrero (AMU)- Amuzgo de Guerrero -العربية (AR)- Arabic Bible: Easy-to-Read Version Arabic Life Application Bible -Awadhi (AWA)- Awadhi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Български (BG)- 1940 Bulgarian Bible Bulgarian Bible Bulgarian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version Bulgarian Protestant Bible -Chinanteco de Comaltepec (CCO)- Chinanteco de Comaltepec -ᏣᎳᎩ ᎦᏬᏂᎯᏍ (CHR)- Cherokee New Testament -Cakchiquel Occidental (CKW)- Cakchiquel Occidental -Čeština (CS)- Bible 21 Slovo na cestu -Dansk (DA)- Bibelen på hverdagsdansk Dette er Biblen på dansk -Deutsch (DE)- Hoffnung für Alle Luther Bibel 1545 Neue Genfer Übersetzung Schlachter 1951 Schlachter 2000 -English (EN)- 21st Century King James Version American Standard Version Amplified Bible Common English Bible Complete Jewish Bible Contemporary English Version Darby Translation Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition Easy-to-Read Version English Standard Version English Standard Version Anglicised GOD’S WORD Translation Good News Translation Holman Christian Standard Bible J.B. Phillips New Testament King James Version Lexham English Bible The Message Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament New American Standard Bible New Century Version New International Reader's Version New International Version New International Version 1984 New International Version – UK New King James Version New Life Version New Living Translation Orthodox Jewish Bible Today's New International Version Worldwide English (New Testament) Wycliffe Bible Young's Literal Translation -Español (ES)- La Biblia de las Américas Castilian Dios Habla Hoy Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana de Hoy Nueva Traducción Viviente Nueva Versión Internacional Nueva Versión Internacional (Castilian) Palabra de Dios para Todos La Palabra (España) La Palabra (Hispanoamérica) Reina Valera Contemporánea Reina-Valera 1960 Reina-Valera 1995 Reina-Valera Antigua Traducción en lenguaje actual -Français (FR)- La Bible du Semeur Louis Segond Nouvelle Edition de Genève – NEG1979 Segond 21 -Κοινη (GRC)- 1550 Stephanus New Testament 1881 Westcott-Hort New Testament 1894 Scrivener New Testament SBL Greek New Testament -עיברית (HE)- Habrit Hakhadasha/Haderekh The Westminster Leningrad Codex -हिन्दी (HI)- Hindi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Hrvatski (HR)- Croatian Bible -Kreyòl ayisyen (HT)- Haitian Creole Version -Magyar (HU)- Hungarian Károli Hungarian Bible: Easy-to-Read Version Hungarian New Translation -Hawai‘i Pidgin (HWC)- Hawai‘i Pidgin -Íslenska (IS)- Icelandic Bible -Italiano (IT)- Conferenza Episcopale Italiana La Nuova Diodati La Parola è Vita Nuova Riveduta 1994 Nuova Riveduta 2006 -Jacalteco, Oriental (JAC)- Jacalteco, Oriental -Kekchi (KEK)- Kekchi -Latina (LA)- Biblia Sacra Vulgata -Māori (MI)- Maori Bible -Македонски (MK)- Macedonian New Testament -मराठी (MR)- Marathi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Mam, Central (MVC)- Mam, Central -Mam, Todos Santos (MVJ)- Mam de Todos Santos Chuchumatán -Plautdietsch (NDS)- Reimer 2001 -नेपाली (NE)- Nepali Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Náhuatl de Guerrero (NGU)- Náhuatl de Guerrero -Nederlands (NL)- Het Boek -Norsk (NO)- Det Norsk Bibelselskap 1930 En Levende Bok -ଓଡ଼ିଆ (OR)- Oriya Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (PA)- Punjabi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Polski (PL)- Nowe Przymierze Słowo Życia -Português (PT)- João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada Nova Versão Internacional O Livro Portuguese New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -Quiché, Centro Occidenta (QUT)- Quiché, Centro Occidental -Română (RO)- Cornilescu Nouă Traducere În Limba Română Romanian -Русский (RU)- Russian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version Russian Synodal Version Slovo Zhizny -Slovenčina (SK)- Nádej pre kazdého -Somali (SO)- Somali Bible -Shqip (SQ)- Albanian Bible -Српски (SR)- Serbian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -Svenska (SV)- Levande Bibeln Svenska 1917 Svenska Folkbibeln -Kiswahili (SW)- Swahili New Testament -தமிழ் (TA)- Tamil Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -ภาษาไทย (TH)- Thai New Contemporary Bible Thai New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -Tagalog (TL)- Ang Salita ng Diyos -Twi (TWI)- Nkwa Asem -Українська (UK)- Ukrainian Bible Ukrainian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -اردو (UR)- Urdu Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Uspanteco (USP)- Uspanteco -Tiêng Viêt (VI)- 1934 Vietnamese Bible Bản Dịch 2011 Vietnamese Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -汉语 (ZH)- Chinese Contemporary Bible Chinese New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version Chinese Standard Bible (Simplified) Chinese Standard Bible (Traditional) Chinese Union Version (Simplified) Chinese Union Version (Traditional) Chinese Union Version Modern Punctuation (Simplified) Chinese Union Version Modern Punctuation (Traditional)Page OptionsShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailParallel viewing is sponsored by Common English Bible. To choose a different translation, use the dropdown menu below.Show resources Show Commentary
      Add parallelPsalm 23
      King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

September 28, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply

September 28, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  19. JERSEYTOMATO

If she is a good singer, then I am a potato! -JERSEYTOMATO 2012

September 28, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  20. oh...alot do...

we agree

Psalm 23 (King James Version)
    Add parallelPsalm 23
    King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

September 28, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. theduke

I'm just surprised that anyone even watches this FAKE,WORTHLESS CRAP

September 28, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • bill mahr the idiot

i am surprised i read your worthless crap. bad on me

September 28, 2012 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. something for everyone

Pray

For The Religious

The Lord is my shepherd

I shall not want

He maketh me to lie down

In green pastures

He leadeth me beside the still waters

Oh, He restores my soul

He restores my soul

He restores my soul

He restores my soul

I wanna thank you

He leadeth me in the path of righteousness

Even for His name's sake

Yeah, though I walk through valley of shadow of death

I will fear no evil for Thou art with me

Thy rod and Thy staff and You comfort me

And You comfort me

And You comfort me

And You comfort me

And You comfort me

He prepareth a table before me

In the presence of my enemies

My anoint my head with oil

And my cup overflows

Surely goodness and mercy

Shall follow me all the days of my life

And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord

Forever and ever, forever and ever

And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord

Forever and ever, forever and ever

Amen, amen, amen

Amen, amen, amen

Wonderful counseller

Prince of peace

September 28, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse | Reply

September 28, 2012 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • wonderful reading

Psalm 23 (King James Version)
      -Amuzgo de Guerrero (AMU)- Amuzgo de Guerrero -العربية (AR)- Arabic Bible: Easy-to-Read Version Arabic Life Application Bible -Awadhi (AWA)- Awadhi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Български (BG)- 1940 Bulgarian Bible Bulgarian Bible Bulgarian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version Bulgarian Protestant Bible -Chinanteco de Comaltepec (CCO)- Chinanteco de Comaltepec -ᏣᎳᎩ ᎦᏬᏂᎯᏍ (CHR)- Cherokee New Testament -Cakchiquel Occidental (CKW)- Cakchiquel Occidental -Čeština (CS)- Bible 21 Slovo na cestu -Dansk (DA)- Bibelen på hverdagsdansk Dette er Biblen på dansk -Deutsch (DE)- Hoffnung für Alle Luther Bibel 1545 Neue Genfer Übersetzung Schlachter 1951 Schlachter 2000 -English (EN)- 21st Century King James Version American Standard Version Amplified Bible Common English Bible Complete Jewish Bible Contemporary English Version Darby Translation Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition Easy-to-Read Version English Standard Version English Standard Version Anglicised GOD’S WORD Translation Good News Translation Holman Christian Standard Bible J.B. Phillips New Testament King James Version Lexham English Bible The Message Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament New American Standard Bible New Century Version New International Reader's Version New International Version New International Version 1984 New International Version – UK New King James Version New Life Version New Living Translation Orthodox Jewish Bible Today's New International Version Worldwide English (New Testament) Wycliffe Bible Young's Literal Translation -Español (ES)- La Biblia de las Américas Castilian Dios Habla Hoy Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana de Hoy Nueva Traducción Viviente Nueva Versión Internacional Nueva Versión Internacional (Castilian) Palabra de Dios para Todos La Palabra (España) La Palabra (Hispanoamérica) Reina Valera Contemporánea Reina-Valera 1960 Reina-Valera 1995 Reina-Valera Antigua Traducción en lenguaje actual -Français (FR)- La Bible du Semeur Louis Segond Nouvelle Edition de Genève – NEG1979 Segond 21 -Κοινη (GRC)- 1550 Stephanus New Testament 1881 Westcott-Hort New Testament 1894 Scrivener New Testament SBL Greek New Testament -עיברית (HE)- Habrit Hakhadasha/Haderekh The Westminster Leningrad Codex -हिन्दी (HI)- Hindi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Hrvatski (HR)- Croatian Bible -Kreyòl ayisyen (HT)- Haitian Creole Version -Magyar (HU)- Hungarian Károli Hungarian Bible: Easy-to-Read Version Hungarian New Translation -Hawai‘i Pidgin (HWC)- Hawai‘i Pidgin -Íslenska (IS)- Icelandic Bible -Italiano (IT)- Conferenza Episcopale Italiana La Nuova Diodati La Parola è Vita Nuova Riveduta 1994 Nuova Riveduta 2006 -Jacalteco, Oriental (JAC)- Jacalteco, Oriental -Kekchi (KEK)- Kekchi -Latina (LA)- Biblia Sacra Vulgata -Māori (MI)- Maori Bible -Македонски (MK)- Macedonian New Testament -मराठी (MR)- Marathi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Mam, Central (MVC)- Mam, Central -Mam, Todos Santos (MVJ)- Mam de Todos Santos Chuchumatán -Plautdietsch (NDS)- Reimer 2001 -नेपाली (NE)- Nepali Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Náhuatl de Guerrero (NGU)- Náhuatl de Guerrero -Nederlands (NL)- Het Boek -Norsk (NO)- Det Norsk Bibelselskap 1930 En Levende Bok -ଓଡ଼ିଆ (OR)- Oriya Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (PA)- Punjabi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Polski (PL)- Nowe Przymierze Słowo Życia -Português (PT)- João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada Nova Versão Internacional O Livro Portuguese New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -Quiché, Centro Occidenta (QUT)- Quiché, Centro Occidental -Română (RO)- Cornilescu Nouă Traducere În Limba Română Romanian -Русский (RU)- Russian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version Russian Synodal Version Slovo Zhizny -Slovenčina (SK)- Nádej pre kazdého -Somali (SO)- Somali Bible -Shqip (SQ)- Albanian Bible -Српски (SR)- Serbian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -Svenska (SV)- Levande Bibeln Svenska 1917 Svenska Folkbibeln -Kiswahili (SW)- Swahili New Testament -தமிழ் (TA)- Tamil Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -ภาษาไทย (TH)- Thai New Contemporary Bible Thai New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -Tagalog (TL)- Ang Salita ng Diyos -Twi (TWI)- Nkwa Asem -Українська (UK)- Ukrainian Bible Ukrainian New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version -اردو (UR)- Urdu Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -Uspanteco (USP)- Uspanteco -Tiêng Viêt (VI)- 1934 Vietnamese Bible Bản Dịch 2011 Vietnamese Bible: Easy-to-Read Version -汉语 (ZH)- Chinese Contemporary Bible Chinese New Testament: Easy-to-Read Version Chinese Standard Bible (Simplified) Chinese Standard Bible (Traditional) Chinese Union Version (Simplified) Chinese Union Version (Traditional) Chinese Union Version Modern Punctuation (Simplified) Chinese Union Version Modern Punctuation (Traditional)Page OptionsShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailParallel viewing is sponsored by Common English Bible. To choose a different translation, use the dropdown menu below.<<>>Show resources Show Commentary
      Add parallelPsalm 23
      King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

September 28, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • dee

what?

September 28, 2012 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  23. Rebbeca

I thought she had a nice voice and it was a little different than all the other cookie cutter singers. The only thing that bothered me was she kept saying she didn't want to be known for her celebrity father...then why did she bring him to the audition? She is clearly old enough to go n her own. I believe they would have said yes even if she wasn't a Simmons. Last night was a sympathy win case for the big fat guy in the wheel chair he wasn't a good singer and certainly did NOT have the X-Factor!!

September 28, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Jen

I agree...I don't know why she took her parents...especially since she insists that "she wants to do it on her own". They could have had a car take her there and pick her up if they were worried about her travelling.

September 28, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phyllis

her parents naturally wanted to support her

September 28, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • sharky

So I guess anyone that brings their parents or friends or family to auditions is doing it with some ulterior motive. She is still his kid, it is called SUPPORT.

September 28, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • ProperVillain

Gene Simmons never met a camera he didn't like...He's the Al Sharpton of rock and roll...totally irellevant but managing to show up everywhere he is not needed...

September 28, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  24. That's You

here is a good audition song

You put your right hand in,
    You put your right hand out,
    You put your right hand in,
    And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
    and you turn yourself around
    That what it's all about.

2) left hand
    3) right foot
    4) left foot
    5) head
    6) butt

September 28, 2012 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
  25. sophie

we don't like her..she has no class.

September 28, 2012 at 5:55 am | Report abuse |
  26. sophie

we don't her–

September 28, 2012 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
  27. Margie Toscano

Gene's kid or NOT.... Sophie was fantastic!!!! When you are watching shows like this and you are busy from a long day... sometimes the audition shows get you to WATCH the audition. Sometimes, the audition isn't so hot so you basically ignore it. Sophie came on, I stopped what I was doing to watch her!!!! I didn't watch her because she is Gene's daughter – I watched her because she was damn good!

September 28, 2012 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  28. UFO

I think Simon was paid for that vote ! Go ahead Gene

September 27, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • I second that..

also, Gene and his wife are not hot, they had so much plastic surgery done in theirs faces that it is hard to know if they laughing or crying. Plastic face.

September 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  29. gotta love it.

that dish paragraph never works for you does it.

September 27, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  30. jimmymackey

It seems like the only person anyone is talking about on any X Factor blogs is this Sophie Simmons girl. If she doesn’t get anywhere on the show, she will certainly be known now after all of this controversy. My DISH coworker and I discuss the show and he had A LOT to say about this “number.” I’m just glad that I watch it now that I can do so commercial free with my Auto Hop feature. I use the PrimeTime Anytime recordings so I can enough time to watch another show, when, in the past, it would be time for bed.

September 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Gricel

You know there will always be haters out there with negative remarks but i give it to sophie for wanting to go and audition for x-factor without her dads help and went like everyone else and waitied their turn. She does have a singing voice I just think it wasn't the best song choice for her voice. She just need a good vocal coach to show her control and breathing excerises. I hope she does well and good luck to her in the music industry b/c its all about having thick skin people will always have something to point out to the world.

September 27, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Hollywood

If it hadnt been for daddy, she never would have stood a chance.

September 27, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Beth

WOW! I think she has a really nice voice! Good for her! She did better than I ever could! I could never get in front of all those people. Best of luck to her.

September 27, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Sammy

I think she has a uniqueness about her voice but she needs some vocal coaching. There were shaky and flat vocals in that performance.

September 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • clevercandi

Agreed...but I'm sure her nervousness added to the shakiness in her voice.

September 28, 2012 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  35. Really...

guys..relax k?

September 27, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  36. believe us rhonda..

we're not loving you right now either...go blog yourself-
    lol

September 27, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  37. please..

did you just join the party...go away.

September 27, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Rhonda

BOY, ARE THERE ALOT OF MEAN, NASTY PEOPLE ON THIS SITE. I'M CERTAINLY GLAD I DON'T KNOW ANY OF YOU BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO HAVE ANY PEOPLE IN MY LIFE AS MEAN AND NASTY AS SOME OF YOU. ALTHOUGH I HAVE NO DOUBT YOU ARE MOSTLY 12YR OLDS AND LIVE IN TRAILERS WITH A VERY BAD LACK OF EDUCATION

September 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • you-

Were winning me over until you got mean. What out! Karma will get you!

September 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

I really liked her voice. She is very gracious and talented. She deserves everyshot she wants to take. My cousin is Justin Beiber and she has a way better voice than my cuz. Sorry JB. I have 2 hound dogs in the house AND I live in a TRAILER but I am way far better educated than you because I am from Canada. Oops Rhonda I just sunk tp your level, but it was worth it.

September 28, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  39. here it goes...

you know what...you and gene simmons need to start the process.

September 27, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  40. confusionexperts

she's not going to up her game because the director never gives her the green light to do so.

September 27, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Crys

I really doubt that Sophie doesn't want to be known as Gene Simmons kid. I think that is just totally fake and quite pathetic. If she really didn't want to be known as his kid, she wouldn't have had him come on her audition with her where everybody would make a big fuss over him while she pretends to be angry about it all. She's still going to be just Gene Simmons' kid. Why? Because she doesn't have the talent to move past that label, and she's a "reality star" already in that position. She might be an OK person, but she just came across as fake. Unless she really ups her game or she keeps getting special treatment because of her dad, she is not going to make it far on this show.

September 27, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • SKIPDRINKWATER

THANK YOU FOR BEING SO DARN hoNEST.... THE GIRL CAN'T SANG AT ALL

September 27, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Unknown

I agree I've auditioned myself for a couple of these reality shows and the reality is....98% do not even make past the producers. There are people that I'm sure sang way better and never made it on the show because they did not have a famous father. People like Sophie should not be allowed to audition for these shows as they have their own connections already and are taking away from people who don't. I think it is selfish on her part. She is born to having many connections already, take advantage of it and leave the auditioning for people who don't have anything.

September 27, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Unknown

I agree I've auditioned myself for a couple of these reality shows and the reality is....98% do not even make it past the producers. There are people that I'm sure sang way better and never made it on the show because they did not have a famous father. People like Sophie should not be allowed to audition for these shows as they have their own connections already and are taking away from people who don't. I think it is selfish on her part. She is born to having many connections already, take advantage of it and leave the auditioning for people who don't have anything.

September 27, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. joey

i'd be proud to have her on my arm...barf

September 27, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  43. juan

gene must be so proud her.

September 27, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  44. actually i support gene simmons...

gene is awsome...there were a bunch of people in my working state with kiss shirts on ...were they in concert?

September 27, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Always Here Sophie...

sophie is wonderful and i would use her as an example to all young women around...she's prime cut and we should
    all follow her in her footsteps of being woman

September 27, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  46. s is not polished

and never will be...she has no talent...her voice stinks and she has to grace as a female

September 27, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • skipdrinkwater

She stinks and simon didn't have the Balls to tell her.. LA Ried had it right.. she ain't got it

September 27, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stacia

Wow – you are a wonderful person. People must be so happy to have you in their life with all of the sweet things you must say and the encouragement you give. You and the idiot below deserve each other

September 27, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  47. adele knew from day 1....

we just waited for confirmation–remember out there...your are disgusting and i will make sure everyone i know changes all their audition information–

my boys get back to work...i have to finish my paper.. ciao.

September 27, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Cat

Being the kid of a celeb is hard enough..... not matter what anyone says. I think her song choice was very unique.... and yes, she made it her own. Sophie... I wish you all the luck in the world - it will be your time to shine!

September 27, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  49. we dont like sophie...

we like reese... reese doesn't hurt people...we don't like sophie.

September 27, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eva

Was Reese the other girl? If so, karma's a *itch and she won't get far rearing her ugly head

September 27, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • fred

Funny how people like you always talking about "karma". Not such a perfect one yourself. Do you think "karma" will jump over you?

September 27, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rock

i finger-banged Karma last night

September 28, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barbara

What a terrible shame that so many of you are so insure,jealous and just plain hateful that you degrade a young girl for doing what Sophie is trying to do on her on!!!!!!!!!!!! I really didn't care for the song choice but her voice is darn GOOD!!!!!!! When I heard her sing,"At Last" when her parents were married I just knew she would be a great singer. Thanks Sophie!!!!

October 3, 2012 at 5:53 am | Report abuse |
  50. Sophie.

will not win because she is not talented

September 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Tony

I really like Sophie. I think she has huge potential and hope to see her go much further. I would buy her records. She is far better than others that have been put through and as a bonus, she is sultry and good looking. L A Reid needs to put his prejudices aside!!

September 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  52. aj

sophie is not polished and never will be.

September 27, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  53. its trash and garbage..that's it...

now just blog..its just a fat loser and will always be a fat loser...now do not react to this piece of trash anymore.
    its over as far as i am concerned

its garbage it does't exist. stop doing this stuff...remain there but remember its a loser and in poor taste.

September 27, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  54. lord

does anyone really care about this person anymore...its a loser...we know who it is at this point so why react.
    you people are so silly. its a loser.

September 27, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  55. joey...

a fart getting cute...thats all...we're right here watching the phoney

September 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  56. what happened guys...

lord

September 27, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Linda

Sophie was great...girl in the white hat needs to save it for the streets

September 27, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  58. jp

I like Sophie and hope she does well. That other girl – well she showed what she is made of – hope she doesn't make it.

September 27, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  59. hokey pokey talent right here--

Harmonwannabe

here is a good audition song

You put your right hand in,
    You put your right hand out,
    You put your right hand in,
    And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
    and you turn yourself around
    That what it's all about.

2) left hand
    3) right foot
    4) left foot
    5) head
    6) butt

September 27, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Harmonwannabe

here is a good audition song

You put your right hand in,
    You put your right hand out,
    You put your right hand in,
    And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
    and you turn yourself around
    That what it's all about.

2) left hand
    3) right foot
    4) left foot
    5) head
    6) butt

September 27, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  61. here is a good audition song

You put your right hand in,
    You put your right hand out,
    You put your right hand in,
    And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
    and you turn yourself around
    That what it's all about.

2) left hand
    3) right foot
    4) left foot
    5) head
    6) butt

September 27, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  62. christy

I thought Sophia dont like to be on tv?

September 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  63. whalewatch

check in.

September 27, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  64. mark H. boss

stfu...

September 27, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Anna

I hope they don't sit on Sophie when they watch tv. Sometimes sit on my sophie.

September 27, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  66. ronnie

better than Adele ! , go sophie

September 27, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!! If it weren't for FAMOUS DADDY Sophie would NEVER have made it past some producer!She is nothing but a little rich girl who has been on TV for years now thanks AGAIN to DADDY. who ever you are, Ronnie I really hope you head straight to a ear doctor -comparing this little twit to ADELE is the funniest thing I've read all day!!

September 29, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |