Usher, Shakira to join 'The Voice' in the spring
September 18th, 2012

Usher, Shakira to join 'The Voice' in the spring

Three seasons in and NBC's "The Voice" is making some changes.

The network announced Monday that current coaches Christina Aguilera and CeeLo Green will step away from those revolving chairs with the fourth season in the spring, relinquishing their spots to Usher and Shakira.

Aguilera, who released her new single "Your Body" on Friday, will be busy with a new album release and going on tour, while CeeLo's schedule will be filled with work on new music as well as a new scripted show based on his life, plus a bunch of other projects.

As he said in a statement, in which he thanked the network and show for supporting him as he takes a break with season 4, he's "highly enthusiastic about focusing my undivided attention on my additional endeavors and interests like my upcoming solo album, new Goodie Mob album, Las Vegas residency 'Loberace,' new memoir, and new NBC comedy."

Aguilera, meanwhile, echoed Green's sentiment that she needs time to concentrate on her day job.

"As I have expressed since day one of the show ... I am a singer and performer first and I am so excited to get back to that love," she said in a statement. "Since this year NBC and ‘The Voice’ have decided to tape back-to-back seasons, requiring a full-year commitment, it is important for me to take season 4 off, allowing me to support my music that my fans have been waiting for with the release of my new album 'Lotus' on November 13. By pursuing my first passion of music during the break, I am also able to come back and offer even more to my team on 'The Voice' in the future.”

The other two current coaches, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, will stick around through season 4, and Green and Aguilera are expected to return after their hiatus.

1. download fonts,photoshop fonts,free fonts download,fonts for photoshop

You really make it seem really easy along with your presentation however I to find this topic to be actually something which I believe I'd never understand. It sort of feels too complicated and extremely vast for me. I am taking a look ahead to your subsequent publish, I will try to get the dangle of it!

September 25, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. five finger tight grip

looks good.

September 21, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  3. Usher...

get on tour!!!

September 20, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. GOOD FOR USHER..ANOTHER MAN WHO STANDS UP

is not even aloud to speak to others...he has to remain in the shell and had to ask her permission to talk

GLAD YOU DUMPED HER USHER–YOU SHOULD DATE SHAKIRA–

September 20, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. GOOD FOR USER..ANOTHER MAN WHO STANDS UP

GLAD YOU DUMPED HER USER–YOU SHOULD DATE SHAKIRA–

September 20, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. user's wife

was just a controlling b0tch who made her husband look stupid at every waking moment of the day...

learn from nick and vanessa, tori and dean - yea right

September 20, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. daily news crowd...

i hope they have crazy, nutty s-x every single night...

September 20, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cher887739

i hope they an have an affair..

September 20, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Meh

There are things known and there are things unknown and in between are the "celebs" I dont care anything about.
    And to you folks, you know who you are...the ones who just cant not say "well you cared enough to comment"...let me say that 'roses are red, violets are blue...FU

September 20, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. U&S

there is a fear between the unknown and of what they will do but that's the turn on.
    usher and shakira will shake away and just focus on what they need to do.

September 20, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. PJ

The 21st Century way of saying- yeah, career's over, time to coast. Shakira- how COULD you?! Reinvent! Reinvent!!!

September 20, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  12. Expect

gotta see user in concert he da bomb!

September 20, 2012 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
    • PJ

Why don't you learn to spell and read first? Oh, that would be work...nm

September 20, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  13. aj

almost time!

September 19, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. unmarriedwench..

i have nothing to hide...you can ask me whatever you want when your ready. k?

September 19, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Only"Good"BecauseIt'sPopular

Shouldn’t they be joining a show called “The Ego and Lack of Talent Beyond the Ability to Cater to the Lowest Common Denominator of the American Public by Producing Over-Engineered, Corporately-Owned, Easily-Digestible Tripe?”

September 19, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • niles

I was in a band for 10 years, only listen to music not on the radio. When you have been trying to sing well for 20 years it is amazing to see these guys and girls nail tuff songs and hit incredible notes. Any way you slice it they are artists. I don't blame you for being jealous. Anyone that good should be leered upon...and hopefully emulated. They had a dream and are fulfilling it. God frikken bless em.
      That Cassadee gal is going to be something special. Star

December 18, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  16. shakira day

usher is scared - because shakira would have taken care of it...usher will bite.

September 19, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mike

The show is a joke. They only want people who are established. THEY SHOULD CHANGE THE NAME FROM THE VOICE TO PEOPLE WHO CAN SING BUT NEVER MADE IT. They wont put u on the show unless u had a previous recording contract or a cult following on Youtube. NORMAL PEOPLE WHO WOULD TRY OUT FOR AMERICAN IDOL OR X FACTOR. THEY DONT WANT U. THEY ONLY WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE ESTABLISHED ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE VOICE = CRAP TELEVISION

September 19, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • W

Did you just realize that? The show was advertised this way from the first season.

September 19, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ugh

Another good show gone to the dogs, literally. I love the show, but will not watch it after this season. I had rather watch the idiot show Honey Boo-Boo than be subjected to one second of Shakira's catterwalling. As for Usher, can anyone say **yawn**. NBC...you have just lost mine and my family's viewership.

September 19, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  19. Ha

make sure slicing machine is off in order to be "cornered"

September 19, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  20. palintwit

If I were Sarah palin I'd drive over to the nearest deli and stick my head in one of those baloney slicing machines.

September 19, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  21. DK

While I love the current cast of characters, I think their replacement picks are good ones. Unlike American Idol which is quickly becoming a train wreck. Good luck to Christian and CeeLo on their future endeavors.

September 19, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  22. sofabulouthssss

Well at least we dont have to listen to Usherette diss a woman just lost her child in a tragic accident.

September 19, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  23. did someone say dish?

that word drives me crazy i think of ben affleck's hairy chest.

September 18, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Darla

I love these picks! Shakira and Usher are both really talented and they will bring some different dynamics to the show. Everyone at my DISH office is excited that we will still get to see the ‘bromance’ between Adam and Blake though. The current blind auditions have been awesome and the coaches have been entertaining. I’ve been busy with class at night so I’m watching them on Prime Time Anytime on my Hopper DVR. It automatically records all the prime time shows on the four major networks for me. I’m sad to see Cee Lo and Christina take a break but it will be fun to see how the show changes with different coaches in season 4.

September 18, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • find him yet?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

September 19, 2012 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
    • lastofsane

Yes, it will be fun to see how a TV network can justify hiring two singers with some of the worst, most overproduced, computerized, unnatural voices on planet earth can coach aspiring 'singers' in "the voice".

September 19, 2012 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  25. Celoo-Greens Underwear(It's stinky down here)

Ceelo had a mega single.In this day and age of downloading music,a huge single is all you need to turn into a Pop-Culture star.He endorces so much stuff

September 18, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Simon

I love Shakira. She's talented, smart, and a great humanitarian. You never hear anything scandalous about her, she's a great role model.

September 18, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • lastofsane

Granted all of that... But she cannot sing... Even with all the studio magic attempting to fix her voice, she sounds horrible. Were she to coach kids trying to make careers as singers without any singing ability, then bravo.

September 19, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  27. Bribarian

looks like a real circus, Shakira is a racist btw

September 18, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  28. creepy

Is it just me or is Ceelo creepy? The way he looks and talks to the women on the show makes me want to take a bath in rubbing alcohol.

September 18, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Kelly Carlton

Our family won't watch after this season is over. I can't stand Christina and am glad she is leaving, but can't the porducers find someone better than these two?? I seriously think they will ruin the show!!!

September 18, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  30. guru

if ever-
    ghost.

September 18, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. emma96

Really? They BOTH suck. No real talent left so they hafta dig the bottom of the can.

September 18, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Forgot one thing

a fat hacking pig

September 18, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  33. whalewatch

they key to your future is depended on a f-pig

September 18, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  34. mary lawal

u guy are great,so we are waitin 2 see urs....

September 18, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Robin

Not one mention from Christina A. about being a mom to her child. Everything was about her career. Your day and night time job is being a parent, Christina.

September 18, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  36. FFT

Mariah Carey Sucks

September 18, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Lunchroomalley

i'm there...

September 18, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  38. name*heesam

the lunch room

September 18, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  39. pavman2473

Shakira? Really? She sounds like Kermit the frog when she sings. Only good to look at. I do not get the hype about ceelo either. Music has gone down hill since the early 90's.

September 18, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  40. quietpups...

when your ready

September 18, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Dish On Demand

f-cked up

September 18, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Name*maseeh

Maseehattaee

September 18, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  43. kilfred

yeah itc gr8 coz she did wonderful job

September 18, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  44. quietpups

less coaching and shirt up....

September 18, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Simon

Shakira is awesome!

September 18, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jen

I am so glad to see christina go! she is a good artist, but so annoying as a "coach" all i have heard out of her is why she didnt pick someone and how she was "looking for something else" and please pull your shirt up!

September 18, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  47. quietpups

i'm so happy usher is around..that voice of his is amazing and will be an effective judge.

September 18, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Libby

You can tell CeeLo is just not into it this year, he doesn't even fight for contestants. I guess he's too preoccupied with his bird. I do think Christina is an asset to her contestants, BUT I could stand ALOT less flesh on her part. Usher will be a good addition I think, but don't know much about Shakira.

September 18, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Stvok2

"...a bunch of other projects?" That's some top-notch reporting right there, folks.

September 18, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • steveiam

I was thinking the exact same thing. Actually I was thinking a bunch of the same stuff!

September 18, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  50. sybil1234

christina has a tour and album

September 18, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |