September 6th, 2012

Ryan Gosling and 'Fifty Shades' rumors - we can dream, right?

Ryan Gosling has long been on our list of actors who should play Christian Grey in the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie, and it looks like someone might've taken notice.

According to the U.K. magazine Now, the husband of "Fifty Shades" author E.L. James, Niall Leonard, has said that the "last he heard" Gosling was one of the names mentioned in regards to who could play the sexy lead.

But who knows - Leonard could've "heard" that a long, long time ago. Reps for author James told CNN they didn't have a comment on the rumor, and Gosling's reps have yet to respond.

If this were to happen, though, we bet Universal, the studio behind the upcoming film, would have a mega-hit on its hands.

Check out who else we'd cast as Christian Grey in the gallery above.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. bee

God not Cavil, might as while hire a wooden post, and Somerhaulder is too short and feminine looking. And while he has pretty eyes, he could not act his way out of a wet paper bag. Please find someone who can act, please.

September 30, 2012 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  2. unagentle

Zach efron should play Christian Grey. I love Ryan Gosling for his notebook role, but looking at current pictures of Zach and watching through lucky one proves that Zach is the perfect man.

September 27, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. I THINK

i'm going to read this book.

September 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Elle Royal

Yall making Honey Boo Boo look real good right now. Thumbs up to the redneck nation. elleroyalblogspot.com

September 14, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Elle Royal

after reading comments....WTH?

September 14, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Elle Royal

Am I the only one who doesn't care about this? Ima have to read some comments.

September 14, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. my friend

is reading the book as we speak and he said......my god.

September 13, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jennifer

I agree with Char – Ian Sommerhalder has the look definitely.

September 12, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jennifer

I agree that this man needs to be stunning to most. As far as Anastasia goes, I honestly can't envision any current actresses for this role and I think they should bring in an unknown for her...

September 12, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Pop

i'd rather be in a ton of rehearsals with ryan..all day and all night..

September 11, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Erika

Chris Pine and Emaa Rossum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 11, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ryan

i love rehearsals...you have to do the scene over and over again.

September 10, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tina Pope

A young actor would not work in this roll. Christian is a worldly character with experiences a young man could not relay on screen. Ryan Gosling a definite NO, adorable, not seductive. I'd bet the house on Jensen Ackles! Trust me...he's gonna surprise you...I really believe Mr. Ackles is the right man for this part! Matt Boomer is my third choice.

September 10, 2012 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. oh boy..............

my friend joey just said he will do ANYTHING to get this part...ha.

September 10, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. tonydefranco

I think tony defranco should be approached for this part. he's 50 but wow!

September 10, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  16. Loved

Ryan Gosling or Ian Somerhalder :)

September 10, 2012 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  17. holly wilbur

I think it should be Alex Petefer from I am number four and magic mike

September 10, 2012 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  18. ckav

Definitely Matt Bomer. He's got the strong jaw and absolutely gorgeous eyes. He's really the total package when it comes to the part of Christian Grey. For me he's exactly as I pictured Christian when I read the books. Bring it on, please!

September 10, 2012 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  19. Shawn

Henry Cavill for Christian Grey, please.

September 10, 2012 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
    • bee

September 30, 2012 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  20. mom

OH NO!! NOT GOSLING!!! I don't get his appeal??? Armie Hammer is my choice.

September 10, 2012 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  21. Ryan(^&#I)

i personally want ryan to get it. if the other win the part not a problem, but i would give it to ryan

September 10, 2012 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  22. rs1981

If Ryan Gosling gets it, I'm going to throw up. He does not deserve it, and IS NOT that good looking. I'll vouch for either Ian Sommerhalder or Alexander Skarsgard or someone like that, but NOT Ryan Gosling, and NOT Robert Pattinson. Please casting directors think of how badly we've been oversaturated with those two. Give me a break already.

September 10, 2012 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
  23. MEAGAN

Alexander Skarsgård should play this role in my opinion. Ryan just doesn't have the edge that Alex does..

September 10, 2012 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  24. Matt Boomer

I could look into his eyes forever!

September 10, 2012 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
  25. stacy

OK the casting director obviously needs to read the book. Ryan G is a good actor- but the character of Chrstian Grey is constantly stared at by women- all 3 books mention how gorgeous he is. Ryan G is not this character- You need an actor that is consistant with the description of Christian in order to pull this off effectively. You put someone average in the role and it will take away from a good part of the books.

September 9, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  26. kcf

avlble-endofmnthatsmpnt

September 9, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  27. ryan....ah yes....

where were we......

September 9, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Sharla

Chris Hemsworth......not Ryan Gosling

September 9, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. leena

i could never stop with ryan..

September 9, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  30. your talk too much

can't get it going with that mouth of ryans

September 9, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. i'd still bang ryan though.

frumpy

September 9, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  32. names

soon. thnx-

September 9, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  33. aklaea

No interest in WHATSOEVER in Ryan Gosling being in this movie!!!

September 9, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Ms. Lady

I think Christian Grey should be played by an african american. We always see a non-minority play the billionaire. I think that would give it a different twist.

September 9, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Booo

But Christian Grey is not African American. I'm African American and I wouldn't want to see that. I want to see the character as scripted in the book. This series is too popular and well-known (for reasons beyond me other than the fact that I must have a waaayyy more fulfilling love life that I once thought) for that to happen. It isn't like James Bond, where the character is really a level within MI6 and can be anybody, or a DC Comic Book superhero, where the mantle is passed on regardless of race.

September 10, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  35. SK

oh goodness..

September 9, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  36. Scott

Have a look here:
    Fanmade 50 shades teaser.
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_N47T1rlZk&w=640&h=390]

September 9, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  37. SheilaE

technically a known actor is better for the role...he'll be able to ease in and be much comfortable in the part.

September 9, 2012 at 6:11 am | Report abuse |
  38. 2 Actors....

Both actors are well know not just 1 of them-rehearsal time is a must.

September 9, 2012 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
  39. Kelly

Has anyone thought maybe Shane from big brother 14 make a good Christian Grey? Looks-wise...

September 9, 2012 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  40. Maggie

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 8, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  41. NoNoNo

No to Gosling! No offense as he is cute but he is no Christian Grey. Someone that is not well known or someone not known at all needs to play this role. The way they have described him is going to really take some searching to find a Mr. Grey. He has to have some hair on his chest, nice feet, has to be taller, cannot have too much of bulky muscles but just the right amount, etc. I am unsure a movie needs to be even made over this triology as we all have our own Christian Grey in our heads so I do not want it ruined by someone that is known. I am unsure if I will even be able to watch the movie as the books are amazing and I know the movie will not even compare. Just NONONO to any known actor to play this role.

September 8, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  42. MLima

Matt Bomer !!!! He is the perfect Christopher.

September 8, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Someone

His name is Christian :)

September 9, 2012 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
    • gloria

Matt, is a fun actor in White Collar, but it is known he is gay! Most people wld not believe him as C Gray! Ya think?

September 9, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  43. mmmm........

Gosling is the one...he's still very cute.

September 8, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  44. lean6

As if a man needed any more reason to never ruin his life by marriage, enter this book.

September 8, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  45. bee

Hope not .. he brings nothing but boring to the role from his bland looks to his form of coma inducing acting .. if they want the film to fail .. by all means cast him .. there are many more suitable actors to cast this role besides mr. generic.

September 8, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jaleel

actors will have to take a step back at times because the obsession of these roles will be so intense between each actor they wont be able to stop. actors have to always remember the storyline and remember the focus of why they took the roles in the first place... actors are trained so differently nowadays.

September 8, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  47. ww

They'll probably pick some unknown foreign actor.

September 8, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Me

Matt Bomer would be perfect for the role!!!

September 8, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • bee

The whole gay thing would be way to distracting .. and completely unbelievable ..

September 8, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Bill

I think Chris Hemsworth and Felicity Jones should be the best looks for the part.

September 8, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Mimi

in my acting experience i also enjoy "movies" that never stop and can show and help everything head into where its suppose go. these actors are great kids...they do what they can and what they cannot.

September 8, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  51. Amy

the actor does not mind pause at all-the actor will get the role going again when the director decides. once the actors get into the role it probably will continue over and over again until storyline is right. left leg twitches a little. k?

September 8, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  52. fryde and clyde

wasn't bobby sherman offered this role? right?

September 8, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  53. Rosalyn

I really, really don't think this book should even be made into a motion picture movie. What is she after, money? It would not do any justice for the book. It would be best as a mini series on cable tv – like Showtime where EVERYTHING can be shown. Ever watch The Tudors or Spartacus? That way love scenes will be shown in their entirety along with the toys, twitchy palm, and playroom scenes too. And you can watch the show with your better half at home wearing next to nothing and the best part, you can pause the show if the need should arise.

September 8, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Maria

I couldn't agree with you more. This should be a series on HBO! For all the reasons you stated.

September 8, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Amy

September 8, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  55. fryde and clyde: sorry

forget what i said....ryan and lucy are the ones.

September 8, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  56. fryde and clyde

i changed my mind...maybe the other 2 actors

September 8, 2012 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  57. fryd and clyde

we vote for gosling and hope he gets the role..he's perfect..

September 8, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  58. Sashatree

ANYONE BUT GOSLING! YUCK! YUCK! AND MORE YUCK!

September 8, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Nanaszu

I don't think Gosling is right for the role AT ALL. Ian Sommerholder would be a good possibility, and Lucy or even Emma Stone as Anastasia

September 8, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  59. Amy

September 8, 2012 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  60. Jalet

is not good at what she does either...

September 8, 2012 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  61. IMO

This actor will have to embody deep intensity. He's going to have to be an excellent actor, and sorry, but most of the people whose names are being thrown around aren't great actors. He'll have to be completely passionate and yet be damaged. The problem is making sure the acting is on point, because now a days, you can make anyone look the part.

September 8, 2012 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  62. Emmie

actors in general have a strong need for certain roles. in order to make the storyline work they need to focus on each other as actors and have to concentrate on the intensity of this storyline. adjustments have to be made but once the actors ease in - they will understand what they need to do for the director. they are young! I hope Lucy wins.

September 7, 2012 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Colette

How about Skeet Ulrich?!

September 7, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  64. iBod

I said it in that article a few months back:
    Ryan Gosling is perhaps the "most romantic" movie star of this generation. To me, it just made sense that he play that role. Also, as a guy, I would love to see Lucy Hale as the leading lady. She is young and gorgeous! The only problem is predicting whether the film will be as trashy as the book - or whether they can downplay the, er, naughtiness, and have a high concentration to an actal storyline, because I *heard* the book doesn't really have a well-developed plot. The last sentence aside, she and Gosling would fit together perfectly; but the only question is whether the role is her style.

September 7, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  65. GeGe

I'm having a hard time with anyone playing Christian. I think the book should just remain a book. Leave well enough alone.

September 7, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  66. sybil

who am i today?

September 7, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  67. kar

There is just one problem with this scenario... Ryan Gosling is BLONDE. Christian Grey is DARK. Ryan is good-looking, but not THAT good-looking. Honestly, does anyone read these books?
    Hands down the choice is Matt Bomer <3 <3 <3

September 7, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norman

no-hes gay-wont work

September 7, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lou

LOL! Some of us have read that he is described as having reddish hair... it's a dreary trilogy and one 1 hr movie would be too much for the storyline.

September 8, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  68. Brit

I think Gabriel Macht from SUITS would be an excellent Christian Grey.... age may be a factor, but he has the intensity, but playful side. I like Lucy for Anastasia. I haven't quite placed an Ana in my mind yet, actress-wise

September 7, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donna

I have been a fan of Suits for 2 years now. When I first started reading Fifty Shades I immediately thought of Gabriel. What a perfect face for this role – well a perfect package all the way around!

September 8, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  69. DJ

My vote is for Alex O'Loughlin as Christian.

September 7, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Pat H.

IAN SUMERHOLDER is the one to be considered to play Christian.
    He's PERFECT for the part.

September 7, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mishie

I totally agree!!!! No one but Ian. I told my friends that if they pick Ryan G I won't go and see the movie!

September 7, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Trash Here...

lmao and holding my stomach - you just don't know the art that well.

September 7, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sheila

I think Alex Skarsgard (Eric from True Blood) or Ian Somerhalder (Damon on Vampire Diaries) either one would be perfect to play Christian Grey!

September 7, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  72. your a lousy Hokey Poker....

BAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOHEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

September 7, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  73. windbag

take a lood and be quiet–riiiiiiiingggggggggg

September 7, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Kelly

No not Ryan Gosling. He is too cutesy, not HOT! Now Henry Cavill on the other hand is extremely HOT!!!!!

September 7, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Barbara Ball

Ryan is too classy and too good an actor to appear in this piece of trash. Poorly written and in many parts sick as hell.

September 7, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Jessica

Ian Somerhalder should be Christian Grey and Alexis Bledel for Anastasia. . .That would be perfection!

September 7, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Poolchick

Ian somerhalder would be perfect for Grey. He has it all in the looks department. As for Anna's part, anyone but Kristen Stewart. She would just ruin the movie.

September 7, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Rocky

I agree....Ian Somerhalder would be perfect. He's got that dark look about him. Ryan gossling is just too goody 2 shoes for the part of Christian Grey.

September 7, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Men Women and X

Men Women and X

54% of straight males like anal satisfaction. 32% of women want it but are afraid to say it because of image. many women do not care about talking about it – i'm talking about more proper like women. the book makes it awkward but its not completely inaccurate.

September 7, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  80. RINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

same person right...maybe it needs more back...

September 7, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Cat F.

NOOOOOO!!! Say it isn't true!!! It has to be an unknown to make it realistic – I'd love to think Christian Grey exists. A normal guy – not some actor playing him.

September 7, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Ryan is the man

i want him.

September 7, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Donna

I think the perfect choice would be Alex Pettyfer..... he isn't over exposed and his steely good looks would make for a wonderful Christian Grey..... just saying...

September 7, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Men Women and X

54% of straight males like anal satisfaction. 32% of women want it but are afraid to say it because of image. many women do not care about talking about it - i'm talking about more proper like women. the book makes it awkward but its not completely inaccurate.

September 7, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Lars W.

its the truth.... in college we studied x for about 5 weeks--

September 7, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Lars W.

straight men like it performed on themselves more then before also. part of my behavior classes between men and women.

September 7, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  87. TRUTH

BOO RYAN GOSLING! he was amazing in the notebook, but for him to play the steamy Christian Grey, no thank you!!!MATT BOMER PLEASE!

September 7, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  88. lulu

I'm with Jam Jam. I absolutely love Ian Somerhalder and think he would be perfect! Have you seen him in Vampire Diaries?? Frankly, Ryan Gosling does absolutely nothing for me. He is not the "drop dead gorgeous" that Christian Grey is in the book, and doesn't have the "eyes" like Ian does.

September 7, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Wally W.

depends alot of people like anal more then before...

September 7, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  90. geneticroadkill

I see I am one of the few who found the book horrid so I don't care who plays the lead. Finding anal fisting sensual and romantic is stupid. It doesn't take much to entertain these days.

Like the Twilight series: poor writing.

September 7, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Poolchick

Geneticroadkill.....Although I do not find anal fisting something I would even think about doing, there are other parts that would make me beg and say "YES PLEASE MR. GREY"!!! Then the weird stuff I would say, " NO WAY,YOU SICK SOB'!!! lol

September 7, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Lola

HENRY CAVILL or MATT BOMER

September 7, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Jane

I wish they'd hurry up and cast this thing, I'm so sick of all the speculation.

September 7, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Jam Jam

Ryan Gosling is hot and incredibly yummy. But he's no Christan Grey. I'm on the Ian Somerhalder train.

September 7, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Pefection

Ryan Gosling is perfect for the "roll"–1pm guys

September 7, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Angela

Ian Somerhalder, hands down.

September 7, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  96. RNL

Ian Somerhalder, Chris Pine or Matt Bomer – NOT Ryan Gosling!!!!!

September 7, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Teresa

I think Ryan would make an excellent Christian Grey (he's who I pictued as Christian). I think Lucy Hale would make an excellent Anastasia Steele. They are both great actors.

September 7, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Karen

MATT BOMER! Right age, right look, right everything... Laters Baby!

September 7, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Susan

HENRY CAVILL !!!!

September 7, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Louieeza

who said gosling was short and unattractive....lord ...

September 7, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  101. gee

where is christopher

September 7, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  102. ALI

Ryan Gosling – fanfckntastic choice.
    Christian Bale – would also rock this role without a doubt.

September 7, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Tracy

Not Bale – he can never be a Christian Grey when I've seen him in Batman. But Gosling on the other hand – bring it!!

September 7, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Dana

Gosling is short and unattractive, Christian Grey is tall and handsome. Why not Chris Hemsworth or Ian Somerhalder,, both tall and good looking.

September 7, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  104. Now that you mention it ----

boo does looked chris pine!
    marie osmond loves chris pine.

September 7, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
    • BLOWBA

Wow, two posts in a row where both speak gibberish. We live in a well educated society. . . . not.

September 7, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  105. You know...

not that you mention it...boo does looked chris pine!

September 7, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  106. Lu

It has got to be Lucy Hale and Chris Pine.

September 7, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  107. mindy

Ian Somerhalder has to win this role otherwise I refuse to watch the movie point blank. He is perfect

September 7, 2012 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
    • bee

Ian is too bloody short and foppish .. he tries very hard on that show to convey being dark and mysterioius .. he cannot act .. all he does is squint his eyes .. he has one look .. count them one .. lololol .. he would blow as Christian .. just like he is not very good at the character he does try to play on the show.

September 9, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  108. suni

The media really are championing this guy. He's always been a contender but not fan favorite. He's a good actor and hot right now (not sure why), but looks nothing like CG as described. They shouldn't compromise on looks. I suspect if he is interested, and apparently he is, he'll get the part.

September 7, 2012 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
  109. Jamie

Alex Skarsgard from True Blood would be perfect.

September 6, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Allie

are you nuts? channing tatum would ruin it. but like someone else said...gosling is a hot ticket these days and the quality of movies seems to be going up. so maybe you are right. based on the people who like this and the quality expected channing tatum would do well.

September 6, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  111. nancy

I for one do not care about this disgusting horrid porn novel becoming a movie. I have not read the book – and never will. There are more important things in life.....family, love and monogamy. From what I have heard this book is disgusting and should be banned.

September 6, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whah...I hate this book...Whah!!

I just Have to say it... If you don't want to even read the book, much less see the movie, WTH are you doing reading and commenting about it. No one cares what you think, you know.

September 7, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • lou

yet you read an article about it...

September 7, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Ceilo

He's too puppy-dogish to be Christian Grey... wouldn't work.

September 7, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunshine100

Nancy, how can you post a comment about an issue you know nothing about? Condemming a book without reading it – why do you allow someone or a group of people to tell you what to think and form your opinions? It's like folks complaining about their state and federal elected officials but who do not vote. Your opinion and post is irrevelent and your ignorance is appalling. Stay out of this chat.

September 7, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cindy

Nancy – The book is about 2 people in a relationship together (no third person involved) What they do is between them and only them. Don't comment on something you know nothing about. If you don't want to take the time to read the books, then keep your comments to yourself, it just shows how shallow you are.

September 7, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Guest

No to Gosling. He's definitely not Christian Grey. CHANNING TATUM would be perfect!

September 6, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Amber

Char, I agree 110%. In my opinion, his character on Vampire Diaries has many of the same characteristics of Christian Grey. I could not see the movie if Ryan Gosling is Christian Grey because it would ruin the books for me. Nothing against Ryan Gosling, but he just isn't right for this part.

September 6, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • sarah

Vampire Diaries.....GROSS.......EWWWWW....this novel....GROSSER.....why can't people be happy with their husbands?

September 6, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  114. carissa

Julian MaMahon would be my suggestion....dark look but georgous

September 6, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Stephaqnie

Not my dream!!! Mine is Ian. Best man for the job!

September 6, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Natalie

I certainly hope not! That is poor casting! The character should have dark features and have a drop dead gorgeous look.

September 6, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Char

I have some advice for the producers of 50 Shades. Without a doubt, the lead role needs to be given to Ian Somerhalder IF you want to break box office records. Just trust me on this one.

September 6, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  118. sammie-3

this is a big casting error. ryan gosling just doesn't have it. wow what were they thinking?

September 6, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Char

I fully agree with sammie-3. Ryan is cute...BUT...Ryan is N0T Christian Grey!!!! Christian Grey is not "cute"....Christian Grey is H0T and yummy and Ian Somerhalder IS 50 shades of YUMMY!!!

September 6, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Becks

YES, please! Jake Gylenhall could also be a contender.

September 6, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Megan

Channing Tatum would be much better for the part.

September 6, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Charlotte

I think Ian Sommerhaulder would be better. I can see him being able to change his moods in a second better than Ryan.

September 6, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  122. annette

RYAN IS FINE BUT I THINK THEY SHOULD CHOOSE RAY-J TO PLAY THE PART.

September 6, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Brian

Get real. Gosling will never accept if he is ever even offered the part. Pull your heads out of your a$$es, people. Have you seen the quality of films Gosling chooses to act in? They far exceed the level of a 50 Shades movie.

September 6, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Arthur

And here you see why women, who outnumber men in the world, will never, ever have any authority or power. You really have to be kidding me. You should all be very very ashamed of yourselves.....

September 6, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oh, Arthur

Well, that was just a shameful post. Please don't tell that to Angela Merkel, or Hillary Clinton, or Condie Rice, or all the women governors, or senators, or congress women. Women who run major corporations (yes, still more men, but we're gaining), other foreign dignitaries, like Merkel. You are such a moron. You'd better wake up before some woman takes your job, and you end up cleaning toilets & doing "woman's work".

September 6, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  125. april

ryan is a major cutie pie but i think that josh lucas would be alot better from the role of christian.

September 6, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  126. laura B.

PERFECT actor to play Grey!!!! When i read this i sooo saw him as grey. Lookin forward to seein movie!!!!!!

September 6, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Angel

The people who do not want Ryan Gosling to play Christian Grey obviously have not seen him in act in any movies! Ryan Gosling is handsome without a doubt but his acting ability is beyond superb! Not only does he have the ability to draw you into his character but he will make you wish you were there by the time he is done no matter who the director is! If you truly read the book you would understand its more than just looks that draw you into the character, but the actual character himself!! So getting Kellan Lutz or Ian Sommerhalder, or even Zack Efron who are more like fluff actors will not do. If you want a 2 star movie then get those actors, but if you want a potential 4 star award winning movie then Ryan Gosling is the man!!!

September 6, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janette

Exactl;y what i have always been saying.. Ryan Goslin such a good actor.. I hope he makes the cut.. without a doubt he would be a perfect fit for christian grey. :)

September 6, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • bee

He is the poster boy for boring .. and bland .. nothing there .. just takes up space.

September 9, 2012 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  128. Miranda

How about Kellan Lutz, Ryan is cute but not manly enough

September 6, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Cassie

Ryan is good looking and all, but he is NOT Christian Grey material!!! They need to stop & rethink this so the movies are ruined before we even get to see them!!!

September 6, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Dee

NO WAY! He is NOT Fifty! No thank you.

September 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  131. emilywolfinchina

Im sorry but he's not a Christian Grey. Please don't pick him I don't think he would be a good fit for Christian Grey. Pick Ian or Bradely Cooper, or even Zack Efferon. I don't imagine my Christian Grey like that. But it's your choice. But you might loose money.

September 6, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  132. kris

NO NO NO ryan gosling is NOT cute and NOT and I Repeat NOT a Christian Grey. and Ian Sommerhalder is also not a good actor he needs to stick to Vampire Diaries. Matt Bomer needs to be our Christian

September 6, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Karen

No no no no no. Gosling's cute but not in a Christian Grey way. Ian Sommerhalder not only has the looks but the acting ability to pull of the range that is Christian.

September 6, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Char

For any woman who has read this book......take a look at Ian and imagine every word that was written.....and you will see that Ian Somerhalder IS Christian Grey!!

September 6, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |