If you'd rather soak up the last of summer with a TV marathon or something new to read, you're in the right place. (And if you're planning to spend Labor Day weekend outdoors, well, that's what DVRs are for.)
This week, TV gets ready for the fall premiere onslaught, while the publishing world starts releasing some of its heavy hitters. Here's what you shouldn't miss:
- Anthony Bourdain is bringing "No Reservations" to an end with its ninth season, so relive past episodes with a marathon on the Travel Channel today from noon to 9 p.m.
- Then, the first episode of the final "No Reservations" season begins at 9 p.m., with Bourdain heading to the 2012 SXSW festival in Austin, Texas.
- On AMC, Clint Eastwood will be doing what he does best - aside from having a conversation with an empty chair - in an Eastwood movie marathon beginning at 10 a.m. ET.
- Bravo will have a "Real Housewives of New York City" marathon starting bright and early at 7:30 a.m.; HGTV will air a day full of "House Hunters" starting at 10 a.m.; and History will air a "Pawn Stars" marathon starting at 8 a.m.
- On VH1, the second season of "T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle" starts at 9 p.m. ET.
- We're expecting to see Michael Strahan take the permanent co-hosting seat next to Kelly Ripa on today's "Live!," and today we'll see if we're right.
- Bookworms have been anxiously awaiting this release from Zadie Smith: "NW" arrives today.
- Smith's new novel will be joined on the new releases table by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge's "Zoo," which will be available September 3; Emma Straub's "Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures"; and Gretchen Rubin's "Happier at Home."
- In new music, look out for "North," from Matchbox Twenty; "Sun," from Cat Power; and "4th Street Feeling" from Melissa Etheridge.
- To help you prep for their return this fall, the fourth season of "Fringe" will be available on DVD today, as well as the eighth season of "Grey's Anatomy" and the third season of "The Good Wife."
- Two more contestants will be eliminated on "So You Think You Can Dance" on Fox tonight at 8 p.m. ET.
- Emma Watson will stop by "Letterman" tonight and Matchbox Twenty will perform.
- Tonight, Kevin Hart will host the MTV Video Music Awards starting at 8 p.m. ET. Before then, a "Jersey Shore" marathon will air, leading up to an hour-long special highlighting footage from "Jersey Shore's" upcoming final season at 6 p.m. ET.
- In theaters this weekend will be Bradley Cooper and Zoe Saldana's romantic drama "The Words," about the consequences a writer faces when he lifts from another's work.