Bill and Giuliana Rancic welcome baby boy
August 30th, 2012

Bill and Giuliana Rancic welcome baby boy

After overcoming well-documented conception hurdles, Bill and Giuliana Rancic are parents.

The couple welcomed a baby boy via gestational carrier on Wednesday night, as Bill revealed on his Twitter account.

"It's Game Time," he tweeted just after 7 p.m. Wednesday, before updating his followers early Thursday to announce that he and Giuliana had just welcomed a new addition.

"The 'Duke' has landed!" he posted. "Edward Duke Rancic was welcomed into the world last night at 7lbs 4oz. G & I feel blessed beyond words...We did it!"

According to E!, the network media personality Giuliana works for, little Edward arrived at 10:12 p.m. Wednesday in Denver.

"Bill and I are blessed beyond words to welcome Edward into our lives," Giuliana said in a statement to E!. "Thank you so much to everyone who supported us along the way. We are so in love with this little guy already."

Edward, Giuliana added, "is doing incredibly well."

Filed under: Celebrities

« Previous entry
  1. the law is the law

NOBODY CARES

May 10, 2013 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. This is a marriage made in heaven (photo above)

i love the couple..they are number 1 in my book....they are NOT dysfunctional

May 10, 2013 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bump or Not they said its going...that's it.

May 10, 2013 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. who cares...this is a functional marriage...

either way new baby or not ...they are going too get it.

May 10, 2013 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. coachohnny

幼児 先んずる へのチャンス あなたのバスルームバッテリー グッチ
    やや おなか でし かなり多くの INTEST拉致 基本的なベースラインを設定する 雑誌 http://dandy-partners.co.jp/coach/
    が揃っ やや 簡易法 に位置をRRN コーチ
    準備ができている 貧しいバランス 少なすぎる 筋肉組織 できる 幼児 に興奮した http://notosuzu.org/gucci/
    去る 新鮮なお 能力 能力 グッチ 財布
    成功した AB 能力を有する 6パック腹筋 容易 !臨時 の http://notosuzu.org/ja/

May 10, 2013 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Terri

Gulliana, What happend to the down to earth person that was so caring & endearing? I realize this is a "show", however Bill seems to be able to handle "anything" & you on the other hand...are behaving like a spoiled princess. You have changed your entire "self". It's not pretty. Men want a woman who can "handle" things. According to Bill your a pack-rat, you can't cook, your so worried about losing your "momjo", take the focus off of yourself for once, be a wife, and be a great one, be a great mother, learn to do things yourself. I shuttered at watching you today, and I thought to myself...This woman has no idea about anything! Focus on your new home, learning to cook, taking care of your family,it's not about "you" anymore. Your good at your job...there's more to life, you can have it all, there's a certain amount of pride that comes with "doing things yourself" a sense of accomplishment. Anyone can hire a nanny, anyone can hire an interior designer, we all can order take out food for dinner...right ? This is Family now, put your own touches in your home, paint the baby's room yourself, put his crib together, learn to cook. As this little one is growing you want him to have memories of you making dinners & baking cookies, and helping him change his room when he's older, helping him with school projects, again...a sense of accomplishment, that is not something that you can buy at Macy's or any bakery. I adore you both, you have been through so much & have overcome huge obstacles with great success, so happy for you. Someone once told me that the most "precious" gift that you can give to "anyone" is...
    Your Time. Ponder that...it is so true. Here if you need to talk.

November 20, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ashley

Buy a T shirt that changes the world. http://bit.ly/worldchanger3

September 8, 2012 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. MarriageRespect

there are very few marriages i actually respect.....this is one of the ones i do....

September 5, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Same with this marriage

they look calm, connected...he doesn't have to deal some biatch at night. he looks great and happy to with her...
    she's the breadwinner but treats him like a million bucks...

i love and respect this marriage.

September 5, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mark

Congratulations to Bill and Giuliana! My wife and I know all to well the struggles, having gone through in-vitro fertilization and wanting to have a child. We tried for 5 years and finally did it. I can't imagine the anguish and exhaustion Giuliana must have faced having gone through such a terrible ordeal with breast cancer and then facing not being able to bear her own child. She is an inspiration and a breadth of fresh air in Hollywood. Cudos to them both. And to all the haters, crawl back in to the hole from whence you came.

September 4, 2012 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. JW

Congratulations to Giuliana & Bill! They have been waiting for this for a while now.

I don't understand why people have to be so negative and mean. And people wonder how kids become bullies – they listen to what their parents say about other people. Whatever happened to "If you can't say something nice about someone say nothing at all"?

September 3, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Josie Sorensen

May you enjoy parenthood! Congrats!

September 3, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Erik

"The couple welcomed a baby boy via gestational carrier..." "...We did it!" he posted. LOL You paid for a gestational carrier you mean?

September 2, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. truedat

wonderful people

September 2, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

neat and perfectly dressed all the time

September 2, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  16. iloveu879

i have friends with 2 kids that look as great as guiliana does....when you want to look for your partner its always in you.

September 2, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  17. back to this computer...

she's so attractive and put together all the time...ha.

September 2, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • opi

please remember she has alot of help...a 'glam squad'
      my question is why no pictures/ maybe shes selling them

September 6, 2012 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  18. Maria

My husband and I loved to watch Bill and Giuliana tv show. We can't wait to see little Edward and the proud parents in their new role as parents! We have two of our own and and being a parent is amazing!!!

September 2, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. STA

Guliana has survived quite an ordeal and still has an incredible smile on her face. She has to be one of the most inspirational and graceful lady in Hollywood. May you live a long healthy life and continue to be blessed with life's finest! Congratulations on your baby boy!

September 2, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  20. iloveu879-

wondeful couple-even with a child she looks perfect. she still looks fantastic.

September 2, 2012 at 5:37 am | Report abuse |
  21. Badly-Bent

Welcome to Diaper Land!

September 1, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  22. tonibaloney

Mindless ugly breeders like Tori Spelling can pop out flesh loaf after flesh loaf.

September 1, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elaine

Why would you say such ugly comments? I hope you truly take a moment to reflect on yourself to understand where those hateful words came from. I have a quote, "Hurting people, hurt people." Instead of saying mean and distasteful things about others spend some quality time working on yourself. Please attend the school of TACT and DIPLOMACY I think they have at least one more vacant seat. In the mean time PRAYER will also be sufficient.

God Bless you in your journey to become a better person.

September 3, 2012 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  23. mo garcia

She looks like an ant.

September 1, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • not_mean_like_you

She has survived breast cancer and endured treatment that first included double lumpectomy and radiation, followed by a double mastectomy.

You cruelly state that she looks like an ant? Well, an ugly exterior can be fixed with a smile but inner ugliness takes much more effort. Good luck.

September 2, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  24. eileen wenig

What is it that makes people so desperate to spawn? There are millions of children to be adopted, but couples like this are so selfish and have to see what their ugly faces will look like on a baby from their own polluted gene pool.

September 1, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Wow, you're such a nasty, miserable person!

September 1, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

I cannot stand people like u. You are IGNORANT AND SHOULD BE SHOT!!

September 2, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • kgo

Eileen, thanks for saying it!

September 2, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cturtle

These comments are so sad. Where does all the hate come from? Did you stop to think that maybe they cannot adopt because of her cancer? Maybe you should step back for a moment and think before you speak. AND, I think it's great that they were able to have a child anyway they choose.

September 3, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • KT

Funny you say that. I just saw a billboard saying there are millions of people waiting to adopt....

September 4, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  25. Connected

they adore each other..no performing in this relationship

September 1, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  26. oceanluvver2

Congratulations to both of you!! You have been through a lot and have hung in there and this is the icing on the cake. Enjoy this little bundle of joy and new beginnings!

September 1, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Steve D

Huge congrats Bill and Giuliana! You're a blessed couple.

September 1, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. bridgetannie

I am so happy for them. Congratulations!!!!

August 31, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Lisa

Congratulations!

August 31, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  30. noneya

Babies suck.

August 31, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • (moons you)

Seeing as you were one once, I would partially agree with that.

August 31, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. STFU

I am very happy for these two.....I wish them all the best!

August 31, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  32. bobert116e

Proud to say I don't know WHO these people are! Here's to having my own life!

August 31, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • chellebelle

Yeah, right. That's why you're on this site reading about them. Jerk.

September 1, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • wise24153

To bobert116e a/k/a "Proud to say I don't know WHO these people are! Here's to having my own life! " . .. and yet you read and posted to the article. HAHAHA Way to go there Bobert. Hope your life gets much, much better in the future.

September 2, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  33. HV

Congratulations to the happy parents Bill and Giuliana. May their "Duke" always be happy and healthy. I follow their show and I feel that it takes alot of courage to open up your private life to everyone. It's not about the money but to also show that celebrities are simple people just like the rest of us. They have their ups and downs. And when they show to the world that "hey, we are having trouble getting pregnant" and showing alternative methods, gives people courage to do the same. When Giuliana opened up about her breast cancer, she inspired other women to not give up. They are a wonderful couple and I wish them and their new baby all the best in the world.

August 31, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Fred Evil

Who and WHO?!

August 31, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  35. Jack Nasty Boy Clauss

America will be great as long as americans are great; this couple makes us Great!

August 31, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Seriously?

Yes they have had a large impact on foreign and fiscal policies, driving down unemployment and keeping us a world leader.

August 31, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Michael Caliazzo

We are sooo happy for this couple.

August 31, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  37. Dr.B.

Why is this news? Are there not more important things in the world that we need to be discussing? I think it's great that they are able to have a child, but what about the many other individuals who don't have they financial resources to utilize a gestational carrier?

August 31, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Kim

If you don't like it, don't read it, and don't post anything about it. It makes me sick when people post comments like that, because they sure take the time to do both, Read and Post. It must have caught your interest, and thats new now matter how you look at it. Congrats to them and to everyone who has the joy of having children. And I am very sorry to those who don't or can't no matter their financial situation. But don't ragg on the wealth because they choose to LIVE their lives!!!!!!! Spoken from a VERY POOR POOR Girl.

August 31, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Alexis

You are on a page that reports hollywood/entertainment news and you are questioning why this story is getting reported? I suggest you go to other news media websites and get the news you so desire outside the world of entertainment.

August 31, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • SuziRed22

If you don't enjoy reading about wealthy celebrity shenanigans, DON'T CLICK ON LINKS IN THE ENTERTAINMENT SECTION!!!

August 31, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • turtle

and yet you took the time to click on the entertainment section of cnn's website. real smart...

August 31, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • SN

Life isn't fair. Some people cannot afford gestational carriers or adoption or fertility treatments and others can. It doesn't mean that we shouldn't talk about options and share stories about how people found alternate routes to start a family.

That's like me getting mad at someone for bringing in a donuts to my office because I'm on a diet. Or having to watch commercials on TV for things I cannot afford.

And this is E! you are not here for groundbreaking news. If you are, you are doing it wrong.

August 31, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • dianna

there are plenty of other news stories you can read on here, this just happens to be entertainment news. It wasn't under politics! Geeze, if you don't know who they are are care to know, don't open the story. It's not that difficult

September 1, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  38. Ganan

Is their last name really Rancic–i.e., ROTTEN-wow, I think I'd have to change that last name.......

August 31, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • MaggieJS

Uh, Ganan – you're thinking of "rancid." Look it up in your Funk and Wagnall's.

August 31, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Excellent Couple

perfect example of how couples should be.

August 31, 2012 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  40. fine tooth comb

great people*************************

August 31, 2012 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  41. underground tchie

wonderful people************************************************************************

August 31, 2012 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
  42. realhousewivesrealprofessor

Why couldn't they just adopt? I'm happy for them but it really sets a bad example for other couples. Adoption is a great option.

August 30, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

Adoption is a good thing but if you want your biological child and can afford the surrogate and the expenses, it is fine as well. The woman gets paid for being an incubator and the baby gets to live with his own parents. Nothing wrong with that.

August 30, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • k

Maybe not for everyone!!!!

August 31, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Jen

Do you ask this judgmental question of everyone who has a child, or only infertiles who have to go through years of struggle to have a child?

Yes, adoption is wonderful, and perhaps this couple will pursue it down the road. But there's nothing wrong with wanting a biological child.

August 31, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
      • realhousewivesrealprofessor

Honestly, I feel like if you've attempted to have a biological child and the world is telling you "NO," you should consider adoption. I am happy for them, and I truly mean that; what's done is done. But we live in a country in which children grow up in foster care homes their entire lives, and NEVER have parents. I just feel it's completely selfish to spend all that money on having a "biological" child, and it's a symptom of a larger cultural issue. People only want "their own" children, and "new" puppies, and "new" cars, etc etc. And, though I'd never butt into a private person's (these people are not private; they're celebs) decisions regarding children, if a friend asked me, "Should I adopt or have my own child? " I'd tell her to adopt. I myself do not have any biological children as of yet, and it's because I believe the world doesn't need any more babies. There are lots of kids who need loving homes, and they already exist.

August 31, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Alabama Moma

CNN, please stop creating pseudo-celebrities based on their personal illnesses, new babies, media exposure...CNN's editorial judgement is SO LAME....leave this type of story to HLN and The National Enquirer. CNN is turning off another generation of viewers by its short-sighted editorial policies...

August 30, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Huh!

@Alabama- you do realize this is an entertainment blog, don't you? If you want news, you're in the wrong place. This is marqueeland. The place you find the good, the bad, & the ugly.

August 30, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  44. marieee

I'll never understand how people can put their lives and children's lives out there for everyone to see, no privacy especially the kids that have no choice. Do they really need so much attention? are they really so insecure that they put their feelings on TV for all to see and judge? So sad, because really why do we care? Why?

August 30, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

Infertility is an extreme hardship for so many couples. It is so generous of Bill and Giuliana to bravely share their experiences. It gives others a feeling of not being so alone and gives so many couples hope. I'm sure they have been through such a heart-breaking, difficult experience throughout the last several years and I am happy that it ended so well for them.

August 31, 2012 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  45. LS21

So glad to hear that 'the Duke' has arrived and all is ok! We love watching 'Giuliana and Bill' and wish them all the best.

August 30, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Maddy

I am happy for them. I am young, so I don't really understand how this works. And I live in a small town so I've never heard about this. But I'm too embarrased to ask my Dad, aunt or anyone I know about this. My Dad is religious and conservative. He seems nervous and uncomfortable when I ask him questions about this kind of stuff. Sometimes I ask my aunt about female things. But I'm scared my question is stupid so I am scared to ask her. My Mom died from breast cancer a year ago when I was 13 years old. I've tried to read about this, but still have questions. I read that doctors can get eggs from a woman. So did her doctor take her eggs and then somehow put them in another woman. Is that the lady they call a gestational carrier? Can a doctor get sperm for a man, and then put that in the lady like they did the eggs? So if a doctor can do that, is the baby considered a biological baby? Or is the baby considered an adopted baby? I hope my questions aren't stupid. I appreciate anyone who a

August 30, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • LS21

Dear Maddy,
      Google 'gestational carrier' and you will get all the info you need. Good luck and sorry to hear about your situation.
      LS

August 30, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

They used Guliana's eggs, that were collected before she got cancer treatment. These eggs were fertilized by Bill's sperms in a petri dish. The embryo were then implanted into the surrogate mother's womb. That baby is 100% their biological baby who got to grow into a temporary "mother". Of course, it is not her baby but she offered her uterus to make him grow so she got to feel him inside her, move and so forth. A healthy and generous surrogate is worth her weight in gold. It is not just about convenience and money but also kindness and a sense of offering that wonderful gift to a couple who would have had trouble doing it themselves. Best to all of them and to the surrogate as well. It is no small thing having a child for another couple and letting go of a baby you carry for nine months. A great gift indeed.

August 30, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • JRE

@Maddy- Your questions are not stupid at all. Very natural to wonder about it. From my understanding, the procedure works in this way: The woman who is going to be the biological mother is given hormones to help her eggs begome "mature" at a faster rate so they can then surgically harvest several eggs at once. The eggs are then transferred to a petri dish where they are then fertilized with the sperm of the billogical father. While this is going on, the gestational carrier is also given hormones that will make her uterus into a perfect environment to support a pregnancy. After the eggs have been fertilized, they then implant them into the uterus of the gestational carrier and hope for the best. This is an incredible expensive process and it's not always successful. But when it is successful, it gives the couple a child that is genetically their own even if the mother is unable to concieve and/or carry the child herself.

I hope this helps to clear up your questions.

August 31, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  47. donna2

Because a woman can or can't have a baby does not define the word "Mother."

August 30, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  48. NYKnows

Hey CNN – What on earth is this "gestational surrogate" nonsense? It's like calling doctors "health care providers" – it makes them seem less important than they really are. Stop the doublespeak. The Rancics used the services of a woman without health issues to carry and bear a child – but that woman is still the MOTHER of the child. So call her the MOTHER, for crying out loud. Babies are not handbags made by anonymous workers, and the woman who delivers them, yep, she's the MOTHER in medical terms. If you look at the mother's medical records, she is recorded as having delivered the child, then again, yep, she's the MOTHER and whoever is pretending otherwise needs to stop pretending that she's not. Delusion does NOT belong in news reporting.

August 30, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiffany

NYKnows – The woman who carried their child is not the mother. The baby is biologically Bill and Guilianna's. So therefore, Guilianna is the mother and Bill is the father. The surrogate served as a womb for the baby to grow and develop, but the baby is not hers. Surrogacy is a wonderful gift to parents who are unable to carry a baby.

August 30, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

No, she is not the mother of the child. She is a surrogate. She is a womb for hire who did the most kind gesture to bring a child into the world who does not belong to her. Of course, the child shared her blood, her moods, her environment such as music and voices, noises and of course, love. Babies feel their surroundings so it is important to have a peaceful and loving home. In a way, she was his mother for nine months, so she is important as well.

August 30, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terri

She is not the biological mother, she is a surrogate mother...NOT the same! she carried the child for the Rancic couple. she didn't provide eggs to his sperm...she is not the mother in any way, shape or form...she is a carrier for them, as Guiliana could not carry a child herself, w/ her cancer treatments.

August 31, 2012 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Kerstin

I agree 100%.

In a lot of countries it is not legal to buy a woman to make her give birth to "your" Baby.
      But it looks like – in the US- you can make whatever you want, as long as you are able to sell it to the people.

August 31, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  49. the truth

i love this woman–she is another example to women...she's not a nagging bore..he great and they get along so well.

August 30, 2012 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Teresa

I am over-the-moon happy for the three of you. You have been through so much together and made it through with LOVE. I was devastated when you first found out that you couldn't carry the baby yourself but have been anxious for the exiting baby news. YOU WILL BOTH BE WONDERFUL PARENTS. Your baby is so wanted and so loved. God Bless your family and extended family as I'm sure everyone is in awe of your blessing. Take nothing for granted and find pleasure in the smallest of things. Everyday will bring something new and wonderful, sometimes challenging but always satisfying and worth everything you've been through. Again, I couldn't be happier for you! God Bless

August 30, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  51. donna

coming from someone that spells GOD as GAWD....... do you really understand the word? get a grip,

August 30, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  52. donna

I live in Almonte Ontarioi just outside of Ottawa Canada. I have been pulling for you guys for many years. I know in my heart both of you are going to make excellent parents. I just love you. Hope to see your little one in future programs. Please let us (your fans) be part of the growth of your family. Gillian and Bill you rock! I can't imagine any child with better parents. As a parent of 3 it takes consistency patience and love.
    Together you will make this work. Good job, Good luck! I wish you all the best, truly
    Donna

August 30, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  53. yvonne

congratulations to u both love to see a picture of Edward fan from wales UK

August 30, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Mary

Congratulations on the birth of your son! I am so happy for you!

August 30, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Feeneeto

she's got a career, great guy and finally a child...she deserves it.

August 30, 2012 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  56. reh

rn chk bfre rhrsl

August 30, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  57. hiya

the baby is here, wow, finally pretty soon people magazine and cnn is going to be posting baby bump photos of celebrity surrogates..........so boring.

August 30, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Dede Kal-harp

I too am a fan of your reality show and have followed your health/struggles to conceive. I am so happy for you both. I was born and raised in Colorado, my husbands name is ed and I have two wonderful adopted sons and had cancer myself at a young age. How is that for something in common? Anyway, all best wishes enjoy and be easy on yourselves.

August 30, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  59. honey

drinks?

August 30, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Mary Ann Schneider

Congratulations and God Bless the 3 of you as well as that wonderful woman who helped you bring your son into the world.

August 30, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  61. love them

they are definatly and example to couples...not the mess that's out there now.

nutjobs.

August 30, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Mary Jane Cullum

My husband and I are elated for you. We love the both of you and your show. Cant wait for the new season to start. We too were married for a very long time before God blessed with our son, Joshua 32 years ago. May the 3 of you be blessed each and every day of your wonder life.
    Love the Cullums, Denair Calif.

August 30, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cherie1234

Why in the world do some people post as if the people the article is about is actually reading the posts? What? You think Bill and/or Giuliana will reply with a big "thank you for your warm thoughts"?

August 30, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  63. OkC

truefax- She was not "barren" her eggs were used to make this baby as were his sperm. She is a cancer survivor and with that comes a lot of medications not intended for the pregnant woman. The man is probably "lain down" PLENTY with his wife.

The kicker about this whole "nature god" gave thing is that, it is flawed. It does not always go "according to plan". And it all has a very scientific reasoning behind it. Not some junk written in a book by some random guy who thinks the world has only been around for 2012 years. Go enroll yourself into a Bio111 course and your local community college.

August 30, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  64. dumeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

as soon as i kick in eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone does

lets see that went out about june sometimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

August 30, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  65. marieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

they are wonderful people–i'm on salleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

August 30, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  66. salleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This is wonderful news. The Rancics are a fabulous couple who richly deserve this happiness in their lives. Any of
    you nasty, negative people who spend your time being mean and hateful should just go crawl back into your caves
    and stay there.

Congratulations to all three Rancics!!!!

August 30, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Georg

I am sooooo VERY HAPPY for Bill & Giul.... so exciting. I have watched both of them since they started in TV. I think they are an AWESOME couple and I am just thrilled that Edward was born to some fabulous people that will be exceptional parents.. God Bless the Rancic Family and the woman that helped them make this happen. She is a wonderful human to have made such a gesture for another couple.

August 30, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Steve-O

The Rancic's are an unhealthy looking couple. Hopefully they allow the kid to eat meat.

August 30, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cherie1234

They really do look unhealthy, especially Giuliana. She looks like cartoon character with her big head, big eyes, hairline that is so far back all on a stick thin, emaciated body.

August 30, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  69. nkeng26

Congrats!!!!!!!! You two are incredibly amazing and I wish you only the best in parenthood, it a great journery!!!

August 30, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  70. RSO

@ truefax-Didnt Joseph have s child with Mary, a woman he hadn't lain with? I believe his name was Jesus

August 30, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  71. dean

im happy for you two but larry is not sorry

August 30, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Mary Davis

Congratulations Bill and Giuliana! GOD has blessed you. Enjoy this time with your son. You both endured many
    heartaches along the way. In the end, you now have your precious little one. Babies grow so fast, especially in
    the 1st year. They learn to turn over, crawl,go through teething, and, some walk by the time they reach their 1st
    birthday. And, some can say Mama or Dada. I hope you will take a full year off (Giuliana), to enjoy every milestone
    of your baby's progress. You suffered so much and I hope you will be able to enjoy every moment with your son.
    CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY AND DADDY! GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

August 30, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • donna

ditto, misery likes company, this person is very judgmental and thank you for not listening

August 30, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  73. John

It's a shame that so many people are so miserable that they have nothing better to do than roam the web spreading their misery. Congratulations Bill and Giuliana.

August 30, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Attention seeker has a iphone

be quiet

August 30, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  75. J

Congrats! I hope this means that these two attention seekers will just go away.

August 30, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  76. SillyKat

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

August 30, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Crystal

Finally, how wonderful! You will be excellent parents and have so much love to give. I love watching you on E Giuliana and on the Red Carpet. You are so funny. I am sure your gestational carrier is just as blessed today as you all are. I also like keeping up with you and Bill on your show. You all are truly blessed from God. They grow up so quickly. Mine are now 24 and 25 but I am enjoying my grandbabies now. God Bless You

August 30, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  78. oreo

Two more sociopaths with child, great, now my life is completely full and there is a caring God that looks over all of us.

August 30, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • just sayin'

oh, ya, because you know them personally right?? Why be so judgemental and mean...you can't just be happy for people who have struggled in conception, shared their story to give others hope and came out victorious?? You must have a very negative life that you feel the need to down them when you do not even know them....

August 30, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • donna

Just plain nasty, misery like company, get a grip

August 30, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Seamusgirl

Congrats! We all know how much they went thru for this so I will not say anymore than Congrats and long life to the little one!

August 30, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  80. holly86

I am SO happy for them, they SO deserve this! And it's a blessing, period, no matter who was involved. I wish them all the happiest!

August 30, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Trezenia

Congratulations Bill & Giuliana! I'm so happy for you, it finally worked out and you have a beautiful Baby Boy!
    The 3 of you are truly blessed!

August 30, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  82. excellent!

great couple==solid people and congrats!

August 30, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  83. .....

awesome... im sure he looks like a little angel..

August 30, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  84. crishna

Congrats, you guy went through a lot to have a baby nopw you can be the parents you truly are again congrats

August 30, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  85. regina jones

I was so happy for them when they announced the pregnancy and i am doubly happy for them now that their baby has arrived. God has blessed them and the baby because if any couple deserved a child it was them. Watching their journey trying to conceive broke my heart. but they did it and now little Edward will have 2 parents that truly wanted him. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

August 30, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  86. kim

GOOD JOB! GOD BLES U ALL!

August 30, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  87. Kelly

I couldn't be happier to hear they have finally become parents. It is such a blessing. I too struggled to get pregnant, but in the end it was all worth the wait.

August 30, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  88. jan

A blessing from the Lord! I have been praying for all three of you.

August 30, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |

It's a blessing from a gestational carrier. I don't think the lord gave birth to the child, just saying.

August 30, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • truefax

Jan – if the lord wanted this man to have a baby he wouldn't have put him together with a barren woman.
      This is ABOMONATION, a SIN against the nature that GAWD has given us. For were is it written that a man should have a child by a woman he hath not lain down with?!

But I digress from trolling you, congratulations to the new parents I hope that the carrier was well compensated.

August 30, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |