While you were working ...
August 27th, 2012

While you were working ...

Today's news you might've missed:

• Will.i.am's going to great lengths to get people to listen to his new single, "Reach for the Stars" - and by lengths, we mean transmitting it from Mars. [E!]
  • Now that Rihanna's confirmed to take the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards - along with Frank Ocean! Color us "we'll be watching" - we're just waiting for MTV to announce that Drake and Chris Brown will also perform so that we can all look for hints of leftover animosity and speculate about backstage tension. [MTV]
  • If you ever doubted your loyalty to "How I Met Your Mother," this'll likely make it easier to commit: Former "SNL"-er Abby Elliot will bring the crazy as Janeane on the new season, starting September 24 on CBS. [EW]
  • If you tune in to "Good Morning America" on ABC, prepare to see a lot less of Robin Roberts (we know, that makes us sad too): The co-host has announced that she'll begin her extended medical leave starting September 3. [People]
  • You've got questions about Sunday's "True Blood" finale? Alan Ball has a few interesting answers - including what, exactly, Bill has become. [TVLine]

Filed under: While you were working

1. bkstb

great guy

August 28, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Danny Calaizzo

We need to stop curisng here.

August 28, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Michael Calaizzo

comportment on thi site should be higher grade.

August 28, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rooster

crowing at 330 in the morning? hmmm–

August 28, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • ah...

I didn't say he was a smart rooster! He sure was a noisy son of a b!tch, though. Thank god he's not there anymore!

August 28, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ah...

That's pretty cool that Wil.i.ams song will be beamed back from Mars. Not many people can brag about that, now can they? @Fiddlesticks- I liked the jokes, too, especially the rooster joke. My neighbor used to have this crazy rooster that would start crowing about 3:30 am every morning. I often thought of his demise, too. lol

August 28, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ffbaymarine

let me know which 16 you are today! ..oh yea text it to me HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

August 28, 2012 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. So Sad How People Live

but this cool cat up above looks great! that's a cool out fit! LOLOL

August 28, 2012 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. another form of communication --

for my cool cat-maybe sign language..HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

August 28, 2012 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. LoveYou

sure boo...

August 28, 2012 at 5:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. earth, wind and fire

....does this mean we are back?

August 28, 2012 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. Richard Fore

FU<K YOU!!!!!
    FU<K YOU!!!!!
    FU<K YOU!!!!!
    FU<K YOU!!!!!
    FU<K YOU!!!!!
    THEN FU<K OFF AND DIE!!!!

August 27, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jack

Everyone is cordially invited to visit – thestarofkaduri.com

August 27, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. MARGUERITE

i love this guy, he does dresses and acts like he wants to act. he's not a puppet. yea and?

August 27, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Electra

I can't get pass the outfit. Oh, baby...the swagger and style is to die for. Díd I stepped back ín tíme? Smile people..

August 27, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Gee Wizz

yawning on both jokes..

August 27, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. pop music sux

Auto-Tune suxs!!!!

August 27, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  17. oingo boingo count down

he's a real cool cat..not the dopes these blogs

August 27, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. fiddlesticks

Talking Parrot
    Mrs. Peterson phoned the repairman because her dishwasher quit working. He couldn't accommodate her with an "after-hours" appointment and since she had to go to work, she told him, "I'll leave the key under the mat. Fix the dish washer, leave the bill on the counter, and I'll mail you a check. By the way, I have a large rotweiler inside named Killer he won't bother you. I also have a parrot, and whatever you do, do not talk to the bird!" Well, sure enough the dog, Killer, totally ignored the repairman, but the whole time he was there, the parrot cursed, yelled, screamed, and about drove him nuts. As he was ready to leave, he couldn't resist saying, "You stupid bird, why don't you shut up!" To which the bird replied, "Killer, get him!!!"

August 27, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  19. fiddlesticks

New Rooster
    A farmer goes out one day and buys a brand new stud rooster for his chicken coop. The rooster struts over to the old rooster and says, "OK, old fart, time to retire." The old rooster replies, "Come on, you can't handle ALL these chickens. Look what it's done to me. Can't you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?" The young rooster says, "Beat it! You're washed up and I'm taking over." The old rooster says "I'll tell you what, young stud, I'll race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop." The young rooster laughs, "You know you don't stand a chance old man, so just to be fair, I'll give you a head start." The old rooster takes off running. About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off after him. They round the front of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap. He's already about 5 inches behind the old rooster and gaining fast. The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting on the front porch when he sees the roosters running by, one right behind the other. He grabs his shotgun and BOOM! - he blows the young rooster to bits. The farmer sadly shakes his head, "Damn...third gay rooster I've bought this month."

August 27, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |